1 hour ago, noodles1234 said:

Is there a way to lower the amount of gold people are willing to pay me for a slave? Feels pointless to sell one perfectly trained slave for 90k gold. why do I need to catch/train any more if I have that much money?

DoM reigns in the prices somewhat, and it gives you a bit of configurability for NPC budgets.  There are also numerous mods out there that create various sorts of gold sinks.

10 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

DoM reigns in the prices somewhat, and it gives you a bit of configurability for NPC budgets.  There are also numerous mods out there that create various sorts of gold sinks.

It was actually DoM that sent it through the roof. before I started using it, I would get around 2k gold for a well trained slave. That was fine, but now its a bit silly

Edit - I don't want to remove DoM as a fix, as it adds so much. What kind of gold sinks are there? I wouldn't know where to start looking

Edited by noodles1234
added a question
50 minutes ago, noodles1234 said:

It was actually DoM that sent it through the roof. before I started using it, I would get around 2k gold for a well trained slave. That was fine, but now its a bit silly

Edit - I don't want to remove DoM as a fix, as it adds so much. What kind of gold sinks are there? I wouldn't know where to start looking

another idea would be to reinstall aygas or adjust it in mo so its not overwritten

9 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Maybe some out of date version of DoM.  There's no way you should be getting 90k in the current build.  And, like I said, (current) DoM gives you configurability of NPC budgets.

oh really? I took the version it suggested for the only version of pahe I could find. I will look again and see if there is a later version. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, t0n0mi said:

Have some weird situation. For some reason i have no dialogues related to selling slaves. Somebody encountered this?

I don't know if this is your problem, but with all the mods you might have adding dialogue to your character, some of them won't always show up.  There are some mods which "improve" this situation.  One, "EZ2C", isn't available anymore on Nexus.  The other is "Better Dialogue controls".  Although stated to correct the problem, what I've found is that they often add a new dialogue line which is something like, "more dialogue", which brings out the missing dialogue.  In my game, the AndYouGetASlave line of something like, "Are in interested in buying a slave?" is the last or next to last line.

5 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Does @CliftonJD or anyone know how AYGAS includes/excludes NPCs from being eligible slave owners?  If I want to exclude NPCs from a mod, how could I do that?  Or if I want to remove the exclusion for certain vanilla court NPCs or elderly women, how could I do that?

far as i can tell its based on their job factions

1 hour ago, CliftonJD said:

far as i can tell its based on their job factions

That's my guess, too, but can you/anyone be more specific?  I think it might also be checking the "Elder" race, though, based on what I've observed in-game.  At any rate, does anyone know what factions can I add/remove to include/exclude particular NPCs?

Since DoM already modifies AYGAS transaction scripts, I'm curious what @TrollAutokill and others think about letting DoM simply remove all default limitations on who can be an AYGAS owner, and then replacing them with a very simple bespoke solution, such as an AYGASExcludedFaction that could be given to any NPC one wants to exclude.

I know there was a recent discussion where people were frustrated about not being able to sell slaves to Jarls, so I suspect such a change would be popular, but it's hard to know what other people will think.

4 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

That's my guess, too, but can you/anyone be more specific?  I think it might also be checking the "Elder" race, though, based on what I've observed in-game.  At any rate, does anyone know what factions can I add/remove to include/exclude particular NPCs?

Check the dialogue for selling the slaves, it should be under the branch "Have you ever wanted a servant?" or whatever the line is. The dialogue conditions should show what the checks are.

12 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

Check the dialogue for selling the slaves, it should be under the branch "Have you ever wanted a servant?" or whatever the line is. The dialogue conditions should show what the checks are.

Good idea.  So I guess this would be the list, aye?

Spoiler

image.png.ffe8bf9d37804a1c23ff87f7ee20a663.png

I guess the "PlayableRace" check would be excluding NPCs with the "Elder" race?

It looks like zbfFactionSlave is probably a good choice for excluding NPCs from mods (e.g., Damsels in Distress).  If I wanted to make a patch editing those conditions—e.g., removing the exclusion for RulingGovernment so I could sell slaves to stewards, housecarls, etc.—would that break anything? O_o If it is safely patchable, what would be the best way to allow the elderly to buy slaves?

18 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

It looks like zbfFactionSlave is probably a good choice for excluding NPCs from mods (e.g., Damsels in Distress).  If I wanted to make a patch editing those conditions—e.g., removing the exclusion for RulingGovernment so I could sell slaves to stewards, housecarls, etc.—would that break anything? O_o If it is safely patchable, what would be the best way to allow the elderly to buy slaves?

Just remove the conditions for people you want to be able to buy slaves. You probably need the RulingGovernment, JobJarl, (and maybe GovernemntExiled if you do civil war stuff?) for the rulers. I'm not sure why they were excluded and Musje isn't around so do that at your own risk. The elderly are considered a non-playable race, ElderRace, which is excluded by the playable race check. If you remove that, you need to add checks for Dremora, Snow Elf, and Invisible race members. Otherwise you can get an issue where they have a dialogue option when they aren't supposed to and break quests. 

15 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Good idea.  So I guess this would be the list, aye?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ffe8bf9d37804a1c23ff87f7ee20a663.png

as much as i hate the exclusion for jarls and their court members, i think thats a possible safeguard against what happens to the losing side of the war if the player chooses to win the war

15 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Just remove the conditions for people you want to be able to buy slaves. You probably need the RulingGovernment, JobJarl, (and maybe GovernemntExiled if you do civil war stuff?) for the rulers. I'm not sure why they were excluded and Musje isn't around so do that at your own risk. The elderly are considered a non-playable race, ElderRace, which is excluded by the playable race check. If you remove that, you need to add checks for Dremora, Snow Elf, and Invisible race members. Otherwise you can get an issue where they have a dialogue option when they aren't supposed to and break quests.

Some of it was excluded to prevent bugs and game breaking events.  Rulers have some stuff hard coded in that makes enslaving them problematic (they tend to get stuck in bleed out, I can't remember if we ever figured out why).  Musje did manage to come up with a way of having the exiled government members show up in AYGAS slave auctions, but only after the Civil War ended (and most of em are guys... maybe I need to make a mod adding some court ladies and daughters and stuff. ?).  Musje added a lot of the other checks in when we were beta testing because in the early days I found you could sell slaves to dogs (we all kept wondering where Stumpy got all that money!), giants (which I still find amusing "Hi Bob, nice cow... but can I interest you in a buxom nord milk slave?"  clink clink "Good doing business with ya Bob." ?), etc.  It would cause problems if it was a random encounter that despawned, you'd end up with a slave just standing on the side of the road because their "owner" had despawned.  So yeah, you're right about having to add checks for some of the other races and things.  I frequently bugged Musje about trying to include elder races as valid because hey... old people actually need the help (and old guys enjoy having that slave pick up things while she's wearing that sexy maid outfit ?) but it turned out to be a bit of trouble to do it... so consider yourself forewarned.  It can be done, but it will require reworking the exclusions to avoid issues.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:22 AM, tinkerbelle said:

I don't know if this is your problem, but with all the mods you might have adding dialogue to your character, some of them won't always show up.  There are some mods which "improve" this situation.  One, "EZ2C", isn't available anymore on Nexus.  The other is "Better Dialogue controls".  Although stated to correct the problem, what I've found is that they often add a new dialogue line which is something like, "more dialogue", which brings out the missing dialogue.  In my game, the AndYouGetASlave line of something like, "Are in interested in buying a slave?" is the last or next to last line.

You are damn right, thanks. Works great, but a bit before i got a strange solution to my problem: i installed "Diary of Mine" and dialogue line appeared. Tested separately, so thanks once again :)

24 minutes ago, t0n0mi said:

You are damn right, thanks. Works great, but a bit before i got a strange solution to my problem: i installed "Diary of Mine" and dialogue line appeared. Tested separately, so thanks once again :)

(insert twilight zone music di di didi) Modding skyrim can be like herding cats, fix a problem here and five more pop-up elsewhere.  I'm glad you found solutions to your problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me which is the most updated SE file? 

PAH_AndYouGetASlave_0.57c SSE.7z     <----- appears to be the lower version number

566.17 kB / February 9, 2020                 <----- posted later than the higher version  number?

or 

PAH_AndYouGetASlave_0.58b SSE.7z     <----- appears to be the higher version number

567.75 kB / February 8, 2020                  <----- posted earlier than the lower version  number?

That might be the root of my issues... maybe I'm using the wrong version.... or do I need both??

4 hours ago, Blackknight6714 said:

PAH_AndYouGetASlave_0.57c SSE.7z     <----- appears to be the lower version number

566.17 kB / February 9, 2020                 <----- posted later than the higher version  number?

or 

PAH_AndYouGetASlave_0.58b SSE.7z     <----- appears to be the higher version number

567.75 kB / February 8, 2020                  <----- posted earlier than the lower version  number?

That might be the root of my issues... maybe I'm using the wrong version.... or do I need both??

Not sure what your issue is, but I'm using 0.58b without much problem

10 hours ago, Blackknight6714 said:

or 

From the changelog:

0.58b (for SE) / c (for LE) is a new archive with some corrected scripts, functionally no different from 0.58.