34 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Not completely sure I understand, are you requesting a Skyrim port of this mod? Sorry, have no interest in anything I didn't make myself.

well you can certainly use that model for your base at least?

On 12/14/2019 at 12:28 AM, NightroModzz said:

Finished up the new feet that got buried. You will most likely find it in Bad Dog's mods before you do in Khajiit Overhaul.

Female human foot on the left for size comparison, new model in the middle, and my old model on the right in it's plantigrade morph.

Reveal hidden contents

19831c7ed99f3b4f968fbf2e2d0a7c8d.png

OH?! Do ya feel like sharing the meshes? o_o

4 hours ago, Warnova said:

OH?! Do ya feel like sharing the meshes? o_o

No. It's just for me and a select few which includes the creator of the digi-skeleton.

After the release of the next version of Khajiit Overhaul I may allow the use of it for custom races, for Skyrim only, and only on the Nexus and LoversLab platform.

Does the khajit overhaul mod work for skyrim SE/is there a way to make it work? I see on the nexus mod page for it that SSE support is in the planned updates, but that post is from two and a half years ago so Im hoping someone has found a way to make it work by now. This looks a lot better than the other khajit models Im finding. Your work is excellent!

4 hours ago, minvalue said:

Does the khajit overhaul mod work for skyrim SE/is there a way to make it work? I see on the nexus mod page for it that SSE support is in the planned updates, but that post is from two and a half years ago so Im hoping someone has found a way to make it work by now. This looks a lot better than the other khajit models Im finding. Your work is excellent!

I never tested it but I've read a few comments stating that it's working for SSE out of the box. However, I'm pretty sure that excludes the Digitigrade version. If you wan't to use it for SSE currently, your just gonna have to test it out.

This is as far as I got with the UVs so far. Now I just need to edit the UVs and trace over the vanilla one in Zbrush UV Master.

Cuts are similar, but off in the ears area. UVs won't match exactly due to topology edge loop differences and to prevent texture stretching, but will overall for the head/neck area. Ears will be positioned differently and be symmetrical. UVs also wont be inverted/flipped, so left wont be right and right wont be left.

As I'm told, so long as I create a morph to match the shape of the vanilla head which is already really close to it, existing textures can easily be projected onto the new mesh in Blender or other software. I will also give a shot at creating textures around the nose, eyes, and lip area which can be blended over existing textures.

06b428d807eda0f3330a90746338c6c8.png

UV Update

Here are the final results. It doesn't match exactly because I don't want to stretch or squeeze polygons too much because it can cause texture issues. Doesn't matter either way because textures would have to be edited either way and I'll have an OBJ recourse for texture projection.

I could do something better that doesn't try to match vanilla khajiit UVs with minimal cuts, but oh well, I'll save that knowledge/UV style for a different project. :smirk: Not too big a deal anyways.

New

7cc83727e3bd2cde93c63d130859791a.png

Vanilla

9004fa8a9c129f85f5a7eedf01c8bc2c.png

Take note that the vanilla UVs are being viewed backwards in a 3D space for comparison.

2 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

UV Update

Here are the final results. It doesn't match exactly because I don't want to stretch or squeeze polygons too much because it can cause texture issues. Doesn't matter either way because textures would have to be edited either way and I'll have an OBJ recourse for texture projection.

I could do something better that doesn't try to match vanilla khajiit UVs with minimal cuts, but oh well, I'll save that knowledge/UV style for a different project. :smirk: Not too big a deal anyways.

New

Spoiler

7cc83727e3bd2cde93c63d130859791a.png

Vanilla

Spoiler

9004fa8a9c129f85f5a7eedf01c8bc2c.png

Take note that the vanilla UVs are being viewed backwards in a 3D space for comparison.

Just such an idea, is it possible to customize the head to use Lykaios head texture? It has very good fur details and could be adjusted to khajiit appearance.

LykaiosFemaleHead.nif lykaiosfemalehead.dds

20 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Just such an idea, is it possible to customize the head to use Lykaios head texture? It has very good fur details and could be adjusted to khajiit appearance.

So long as the model is morphed to the same shape as the Lykaios head, you should be able to texture project.

Went ahead and edited the UVs anyways since there was no way around requiring texture editing/projecting. This is more ideal and best I can do without redoing it from scratch.

The whiskers position has changed and may be difficult to texture project since it's double sided, but is pretty much fill in the blank anyways.

0146cd3cbc5a03185f32acf3ac6ccb32.png

Update

I triangulated the mesh and made sure it is symmetrical. Maybe it's just the way I triangulate or the program I use, but it doesn't triangulate symmetrically. I had to delete one half, duplicate, mirror and weld.

4edf7d61924c0f873cb406ecb5616a7c.png

I also went to each quad and edited the way the quad splits into triangles. I'd prefer them to split in one direction, but did it based on the shape of the mesh in order to keep it as smooth as possible. You can see the difference where I reverse the direction for the brows in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Ideal

6a61fe45ace83ba2ec2b56735e800d7c.png

Not Ideal

a7ea455f670625131243711ab82737a1.png

Now I need to do the same, plus UVs for the mouth and eyes.

7 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Thanks!

Taking a short break, so don't expect any new posts for around a week.

ya you guys deserve it , and Hey blaze any updates for fallout 4 version planned , specially a slim face???

5 hours ago, D C said:

Hey blaze any updates for fallout 4 version planned , specially a slim face???

This isn't the best place to ask, any questions on the FO4 shark race should go on the FO4 shark race thread. But since you asked...

Nope, not really. I'm currently somewhat busy with RL and I've also gone back to Skyrim to work on some stuff and also hopefully play the game for real for a bit, so the FO4 version is on hold. Doesn't mean there will be zero progress on it, just that I don't know when I'll get back to it.

I just stumbled upon the Khajiit Overhaul and, man, it's awesome. I've always thought that digitigrade feet could never be made to look properly or even basically good enough to not stand out and yet here they are. There are barely any cat mods, especially those, which make them look more beast like, so I really hope yours will see its completion :x Fingers crossed for CBBE support.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:53 AM, Blaze69 said:

This isn't the best place to ask, any questions on the FO4 shark race should go on the FO4 shark race thread. But since you asked...

Nope, not really. I'm currently somewhat busy with RL and I've also gone back to Skyrim to work on some stuff and also hopefully play the game for real for a bit, so the FO4 version is on hold. Doesn't mean there will be zero progress on it, just that I don't know when I'll get back to it.

oh sorry , i mean you are kinda the guy who is a active developer for the most of the races so that's y i asked , and sorry for the bad english

and ok

• 3 weeks later...

Update Time

1. Had issues transferring the heads quad UVs to the Triangulated mesh around the eyes, but fixed it. So yeah, that took some time.

2. Worked on a new tail for the Selachii Shark Race mod.

Spoiler

ac406a6d7a28ad01d552206570519f1e.png

c3ff01daa1bda1edd9f878e493bac452.png

0ae951e958ad1e602b39a51c4cab25e6.png

An in-game WIP review of the tail can be found here on post #2765 by ASlySpyDuo

3. The new Khajiit mouth UVs for the quad mesh is done.
b2365db3ac332f10d0fbd239c7409167.png

23 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Update Time

1. Had issues transferring the heads quad UVs to the Triangulated mesh around the eyes, but fixed it. So yeah, that took some time.

2. Worked on a new tail for the Selachii Shark Race mod.

Reveal hidden contents

ac406a6d7a28ad01d552206570519f1e.png

c3ff01daa1bda1edd9f878e493bac452.png

0ae951e958ad1e602b39a51c4cab25e6.png

An in-game WIP review of the tail can be found here on post #2765 by ASlySpyDuo

3. The new Khajiit mouth UVs for the quad mesh is done.
b2365db3ac332f10d0fbd239c7409167.png

so i guess , the tail is ready to be released?