31 minutes ago, Gmp123 said:

You know the time frame when this come's out?

Not sure and not giving an EAT. I am gonna have to learn some new workflows. However, I'm almost done with the topology work aside from the teeth, tongue, eyes, and whiskers, but those are very simple to do. I will soon move to remodeling sometime tonight or tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, Gmp123 said:

I also was wandering if there is a khajiit texture that's more simpler (No spots).

After the release, I may be interested in making a puma and either leopard or jaguar texture. A lighter colored puma texture edited in RaceMenu would be ideal, no promises though.

24 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Not sure and not giving an EAT. I am gonna have to learn some new workflows. However, I'm almost done with the topology work aside from the teeth, tongue, eyes, and whiskers, but those are very simple to do. I will soon move to remodeling sometime tonight or tomorrow.

After the release, I may be interested in making a puma and either leopard or jaguar texture. A lighter colored puma texture edited in RaceMenu would be ideal, no promises though.

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to see the results. Although for the whiskers, can you make those a option instead of always on? I did figure it out how to remove them by using alpha on the whiskers (make them invisible) but I would like that to be a option if possible.

Also you have a patreon?

Here is an idea of where the UV cuts will be. I could have better topology for UV maps without the corners pulling, or  good topology for accurate ear creases and deformation. So this is the middle ground with corner pulls on the UVs, and minor pulls on the end ear edge loop. However, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Spoiler

7de514c1ae1b4adca9437db5915c2f14.png

787685d4f8f07278dc09dff61c1dd780.png

What I mean by edge loop.

Spoiler

5c06662a6f633bcc2789aa3813215ef5.png

I may be able to have the purple UV area only cut around the end ear edge loop, but either or, there may be some minor stretching in that area on existing textures.

Example, I can try to UV map like this on the preferred topology model. The purple spacing seems pretty close compared to the original, but there will be some stretching on the green area. Probably due to the new ear position.

Spoiler

67904a968aba683aa0b220e3f36f9cbb.png

Welp, now to the remodeling phase. Scratch that. Gonna do some UV testing starting tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Gmp123 said:

You know the time frame when this come's out? I also was wandering if there is a khajiit texture that's more simpler (No spots), The texture from Better Khajiit female body Texture from OBLbeginner is close, but still has those spot's and small black strips.

When this come's out would like to try and make a katia mannagan follower.

Oh and will the slider's be more bigger than usual? I wanted to see if I can get smaller nose's to match katia's

story1952.gif

Maybe this texture will help :classic_wink:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92001

On 9/8/2019 at 4:07 AM, poblivion said:

Maybe this texture will help :classic_wink:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92001

I look into that, the problem is mostly on the face having that white splot near the mouth. I tried removing it on Photoshop with some success, but does look weird. Plus some area's like the private area's are a bit off. If I can just get this one with no black stripes and reduce the black. It be perfect.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62193

Here was my attempt in making a katia texture, also tried adjusting the bump maps so the shadow's are not so noticeable (Would like to be thin fur instead of heavy).

LionessTexture_UNP_Modified.rar

Okay, there was a delay on the remodeling part, but here are some progress updates.

Changed the topology of the back of the head and will go with these UV cuts.

Spoiler

0f96874caf0d6716bd3477b257e38315.png

Teeth and tongue topology has been done. The back bottom tooth will be duplicated, re-positioned, and slightly remodeled for the rest of the teeth. The bottom k9 has an extra edge loop and especially the top K9 has even more edge loops for RaceMenue scaling sliders. The tongue also has a good poly count for any possible decent tongue animations.

d505e36343aac20f3be18d1c42761cf2.png

New higher poly less blocky eye mesh.

924b7d5f7f74cd02cdbbc3c1a6b26a24.png

Also, I may not make a subdivision version available as I think the density is good enough, but I look forward to hearing other people's opinion on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

No progress since the last post. I became really busy for a while with RL stuff and then later switched projects. I should be switching back to this one within the week.

Understandable, real life always takes priority to modding. Wish you the best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, encastra said:

So, how goes things?

I just got back to it 2 days ago. I've been reworking the shape and design. Today I will be working on the mouth and then the high-poly model for baking. Then it's UVS> expression morphs> and then textures. I'll be posting progress images soon.

For the next 1-2 months I will be putting aside other projects and will be more focused on mod projects when I have time. This includes here, Tentacle Creatures of Skyrim, and just helping out on an existing mod.

I'd say that it's looking great! Though the detail on the far left is just....wow. People are talented.

I'll try to add more detail on the high-poly, but this one has fur so I can't add much muscle/skin detail and need to let the other textures handle fur detail, so I'll probably do something smooth.

14 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

I'll try to add more detail on the high-poly, but this one has fur so I can't add much muscle/skin detail and need to let the other textures handle fur detail, so I'll probably do something smooth.

Will these use vanilla UV alignment, or custom? I THINK you said before, but I don't recall.

Thinking of making the khajiit ears as a separate mesh for custom races purposes.  For example; if the head mesh were morphed into different shapes for different animal types, you can use different ear meshes such as bunny ears, deer ears, floppy dog ears, etc.

As long as the high-poly mesh used for normal map baking has the head and ears as one mesh, there should be no visible seams so long as the seam at the border of the ears do not change position.

Any complaints or thoughts on the matter?

That sounds like a really interesting idea that I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy, though it seems like it might increase your workload a bit.

Not really. I already have a mesh with the head and ears as one mesh for the high poly model. All I would have to do is separate the ears and bridge a gap in the head topology. So long as I do this after the high-poly model is done, I wouldn't need to do anything more than that.

This may also mean that the UVs won't be an exact match though, so it may mean more UV work and possible UV overlap around that area. It would also mean less ear morph sliders for something like a leopard. The bight side is no texture stretching but would need to be custom set up for a leopard race with edited or new normals for the smaller ear shape since the position of the seams are changed.

So it's a trade off. Less ear slider flexibility for more custom race flexibility.