Oh you are alive. Well I don't know if this will be useful to you now but here you are.

If you have already done the quick tests with trouble shooting such as: resetting memory/CMOS, different physical memory config's, power cycling, etc. Then the problem is possibly going to be a pain trying to figure out. A variation of your ram is even on the QVL for the motherboard so it is doubtful that there is a compatibility issue. You could send it back depending on the circumstance or you could try and take it up with Reddit. Usually there is a couple of nerds on /r/buildapc who help you out.

6 hours ago, Why_do_I_bother. said:

Oh you are alive. Well I don't know if this will be useful to you now but here you are.

If you have already done the quick tests with trouble shooting such as: resetting memory/CMOS, different physical memory config's, power cycling, etc. Then the problem is possibly going to be a pain trying to figure out. A variation of your ram is even on the QVL for the motherboard so it is doubtful that there is a compatibility issue. You could send it back depending on the circumstance or you could try and take it up with Reddit. Usually there is a couple of nerds on /r/buildapc who help you out.

It must be the bios since it's from 2015. I can't update it since it says "the selected file is not a proper BIOS file." Going a different rout using this guide, but trying to update the firmware first.

I followed the instructions in the PDF while in the DOS environment after booting from the USB and type in "8747>8747.bat" and press enter to execute but nothing happens, it just skips a line. AFAIK I read online and enter should be the key to execute. I also got a message after booting that the storage is too large and it's only using the first 8gb. Ordered an 8GB USB 2.0 just in case.

Edit: For now I skipped the PEX firmware update and the bios update was successful.

2 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

It must be the bios since it's from 2015. I can't update it since it says "the selected file is not a proper BIOS file." Going a different rout using this guide, but trying to update the firmware first.

I followed the instructions in the PDF while in the DOS environment after booting from the USB and type in "8747>8747.bat" and press enter to execute but nothing happens, it just skips a line. AFAIK I read online and enter should be the key to execute. I also got a message after booting that the storage is too large and it's only using the first 8gb. Ordered an 8GB USB 2.0 just in case.

Edit: For now I skipped the PEX firmware update and the bios update was successful.

What processor do you have? For example, my processor supports a maximum of 32GB  RAM.

CPU.png

10 minutes ago, poblivion said:

What processor do you have? For example, my processor supports a maximum of 32GB  RAM.

Core i7 5820K (4.5 OC)

I don't think the X99 series supports CPUs lower than a core i7. Also my motherboard was one of the more expensive one in the series, "WS" standing for workstation with all premium parts. I'm sure that both the motherboard and CPU supports 128GB of RAM or more.

The brights side is that the RAM I got also supports Ryzen for a future upgrade, but waiting to here more about DDR5 RAM before upgrading and motherboard compatibility.

6 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Core i7 5820K (4.5 OC)

I don't think the X99 series supports CPUs lower than a core i7. Also my motherboard was one of the more expensive one in the series, "WS" standing for workstation with all premium parts. I'm sure that both the motherboard and CPU supports 128GB of RAM or more.

The brights side is that the RAM I got also supports Ryzen for a future upgrade, but waiting to here more about DDR5 RAM before upgrading and motherboard compatibility.

Your processor supports a maximum of 64 GB RAM. So it should work. Maybe there could be a problem with processor being overclocked to 4.5 GHz ???

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/82932/intel-core-i7-5820k-processor-15m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

4 hours ago, poblivion said:

Maybe there could be a problem with processor being overclocked to 4.5 GHz ???

If anything, overclocking should increase memory compatibility. At least with frequency. Anyways, I set it to default before updating my bios and need to put the settings back before reinstalling the RAM for that reason. Also, my default RAM frequency is 2666 which is higher than what's rated compatible with the CPU which is currently running at stock.

However, I'm also gonna try underclocking the RAM to get a lower CAS latency timing and gonna use DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to calculate which I think should be fine for intel use according to some online.

Update On New Ram

Updated the bios but could not update the PEX8747 firmware, re-applied my CPU overclock to 4.5 and worked fine. Later installed my new RAM and tested with 1 stick and worked fine. After, I installed the remaining 3 but only the 2 on the right lights up and only recognizes the first one I installed.

Currently have all 4 installed and running Wndows just fine with the one working stick, but don't want to use anything RAM intensive until this is resolved.

Sigh, this may be a while.  :dissapointed:

9 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Update On New Ram

Updated the bios but could not update the PEX8747 firmware, re-applied my CPU overclock to 4.5 and worked fine. Later installed my new RAM and tested with 1 stick and worked fine. After, I installed the remaining 3 but only the 2 on the right lights up and only recognizes the first one I installed.

Currently have all 4 installed and running Wndows just fine with the one working stick, but don't want to use anything RAM intensive until this is resolved.

Sigh, this may be a while.  :dissapointed:

Did you look at your bios on startup and check the VOLTAGE going to your RAM? And DDR compat with your motherboard/CPU? Just asking.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:16 AM, Dojo_dude said:

Did you look at your bios on startup and check the VOLTAGE going to your RAM?

Yes, I manually set it to 1.35V.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:16 AM, Dojo_dude said:

And DDR compat with your motherboard/CPU? Just asking.

Yes, this was already clarified above. I cam across a thread where a lot of people claimed to have 64GB of RAM with a 5820K on their X99 board working, but that X99 boards often have RAM issues, often with RAM with frequencies of 3000mhz or above. However, is not impossible to use Frequencies above 3600mhz. Was also stated that if you keep swapping around that RAM sticks could fix it.

I could still also try increasing the CPU VCCIO voltage for one or clear CMOS. I also read that someone fixed a similare issue by underclocking the their RAM to 2666mhz, low latency at 1.20V. Problem is, my one RAM stick will only boot into Windows with the DRAM Frequency set to 2133mhz. With XMP enabled, I can't adjust anything there other than it being 3200mhz. My old RAM however worked fin with the DRAM Frequency set to 2666mhz.

Well... I give up.  :confounded:

In CPU Z, it shows 32gb single channel. Best I can do is have it show up as dual channel in CPU Z by setting CPU VCCIO Voltage to 1.20V in the bios. Setting it higher such as 1.30V does nothing else. The only thing I haven't done is clear the CMOS which I just think is pointless since so many X99 users who have had a similare issue have done it and says it didn't help, and and another indication that it may not help is that RGB doesn't even light up on the left side.

So I will be returning it and going with this which is just a (4 x 8) redesign of the (4 x 4) RAM I currently have which specifically says it's "Optimized for Intel 100, 200 series and X99 chipsets." I do prefer the old design though, but oh well.

[LINK REMOVED]

I'm just gonna cheap out for 32GB until I build a completely new rig due to a likely future rig incompatibility issue. There is no RGB but the bright side is the low timings, which is much better than the G.Skill RGB 2666Mhz equivalent timings.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Wow... okay. First I post the NewEgg link to the Kingstom HyperX Predator RAM I was gonna get, the seller ran out of the $157 and then it defaulted to another seller at a crazy price of $399. After I noticed I changed the link to an Amazon one at $155 and then went out of stock not even 30 minutes later and now there is just 2 out of the 3 sellers left. There isn't that many people viewing this page interested in buying RAM... is there?

WTF? I'm removing the link.

Update - Fur Research

Okay, so before my RAM upgrade problem, I spent about a weak researching fur techniques for low-poly baking and here is some of what I found.

Fur On UVs

https://polycount.com/discussion/85471/tutorial-pre-rendered-fur-tiles-for-texturing

Spoiler

A variation of This peach fuzz technique can probably Be used on top of any texture.

https://marmoset.co/posts/how-to-create-realistic-hair-peach-fuzz-and-eyes/

I think the fuzz counts as a mesh though, so that's out.

As a side note, I was looking into Yeti for UE4

https://peregrinelabs.com/yeti-gallery/

Result: I'll just be using Zbrush's Fibermesh for fur detail.

After creating sections of fur, I'll then merge it to the high-poly mesh as an object for baking. So long as the fur is short, it should be fine baking the detail to the low-poly mesh. Also concerning fur length, I think I'll add hair cards to the ears and have it be part of the head UVs. I might need to tweak the head UV for space though.

Here are some demonstration videos of fur with Fibermesh in Zbrush.

I also want to point out that I bought a bunch of stuff for Zbrush on Artstation for hair, fur, animal skin/scales, leather and clothes. I plan on buying more stuff for clothes later and may make some stuff for khajiits. I don't really like the female armor mods much, they either cover too much skin or are just way too revealing/slooty that it's unattractive in a way.

I also bought this grooming kit that has some grooming brushes specifically for fur.

https://www.zbrushguides.com/fibermesh-grooming-kit/

While I was doing fur research, I was also doing a little bit of detail sculpting and polypainting here on the head and there. I might post progress on that in a few days.

6 hours ago, Dojo_dude said:

Are you sure you wanna use Skyrim for that!? XD
All of this.. just.. kinda.. works

What do you mean? You mean I should use these techniques for my UE4 project? While these are advanced techniques, they are still just a learning experience and plan on something bigger for UE4 since I will have more tools available to me than what the Skyrim engine will allow me to use as well as topology and shape improvements.

16 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

What do you mean? You mean I should use these techniques for my UE4 project? While these are advanced techniques, they are still just a learning experience and plan on something bigger for UE4 since I will have more tools available to me than what the Skyrim engine will allow me to use as well as topology and shape improvements.

The newer Unreal engine rendering polygons as pixels is GENIUS!

• 2 weeks later...

Khajiit Overhaul Update (Pre-Fibermesh)

Here are some pics before the creation of fibermesh. I also need to paint the tongue before that. I used Blue shorthair cats as a reference as well as this photoshoped pic of a grey puma.

Spoiler

artworks-000235850022-5cwz0r-t500x500.jpg

The nose is grey for good tint mask compatibility for color editing. I had the white areas as a whitish grey for a similar reason and made the ear color a nice neutral color between pink, peach and grey that can vary between different cats.

174dea29baabccb6ffeb9bf440bb9fb8.png

de01c0bde86e915736e90ae9e4baaf2a.png

f70841efde84593ac6cae4e5c27769a6.png

6d4caf3113af3560997fc2c6b49d2e01.png