More Nasty Critters Legendary Edition

11 minutes ago, 7osisg4d said:

Quick Question - Is this separate because it's not required in SSE beta?

SexLab V1.62 Patches:
SexLab V1-62 sslCreatureAnimationSlots (stops insects from using the wrong sized SLAL animations)

SSE uses SexLab V1.63, therefor some of it's scripts are a bit different compared to v1.62......but looking at it's source files it looks like the problem is still there in v1.63 :confused:

i'll see if i can get someone to fix that.

On 30.4.2018 at 10:28 AM, CGi said:

FNiS finishes just fine with only 1 error about an DD animation that has been there for ages.

But i narrowed it down some more before i gave up after well over one hour of testing via process of elimination.
The following 3 install options always CtD the game even when installed alone:
- Group Human

- Necro Human

- Uncategorized Human

Else i can activate anything from 1 to 4 options but which amount depends heavily on the combination chosen.
Very touchy to install indeed so i settled on Beastly Human and "Unconsensual" Human for now.

i'm guessing it's a conflict with duplicated animations that are already part of SexLab just with a different file name.

P.s.: Removing Meshes\actors\character\_behaviors\FNIS_FNISCreatureVersion_Behavior.hkx from the FNiS Creature Pack V6.1 still let's me enable all animations, so it must be somehow connected in my opinion.

It might simply be the case that you have one to many animation. The FB Packs are very LARGE. Even if you don't get over the FNIS limit, to many anims will cause a CTD.  

17 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

It might simply be the case that you have one to many animation. The FB Packs are very LARGE. Even if you don't get over the FNIS limit, to many anims will cause a CTD.  

You're absolutly right. i was dumber than a sack full of hammers. Just because FNiS 7.4.4 XXL can support 20000 animations doesn't mean Skyrim does.
For me that hardlimit is 11000 what results in a little under 500 animations for humans and the same for creatures in SLAL.

And by default SL can only manage 500 animations for each. 750 with patch.

i simply failed to get rid of some bigger animation packs like Anubis' and Leito86's because my list of installed mods was a complete mess.

Hence why removing the creature behaviour file fixed it because no creature animations were loaded what of course resulted in a lower animation count.

Sorry for forgetting to post this. Just another instance my brain farted and gave up on me.

3 hours ago, CGi said:

You're absolutly right. i was dumber than a sack full of hammers. Just because FNiS 7.4.4 XXL can support 20000 animations doesn't mean Skyrim does.
For me that hardlimit is 11000 what results in a little under 500 animations for humans and the same for creatures in SLAL.

And by default SL can only manage 500 animations for each. 750 with patch.

i simply failed to get rid of some bigger animation packs like Anubis' and Leito86's because my list of installed mods was a complete mess.

Hence why removing the creature behaviour file fixed it because no creature animations were loaded what of course resulted in a lower animation count.

Sorry for forgetting to post this. Just another instance my brain farted and gave up on me.

my limit is actually at about 16000 in SE. I reduced the human anims....

19 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

my limit is actually at about 16000 in SE. I reduced the human anims....

i'm not using SE. Skyrim LE can load up to 12000 but it depends alot on the animations installed.

Is it advisable to update MNC mid-playthrough? I've read the updating guide but haven't found any information if it's (relatively) safe to do so. So far everything works fine so I don't need to update MNC but having a few .esps less to deal with is always a good thing in my book but I'd rather keep my current save if it's either or.

Hi,

sorry for asking, but I've been modding all day and my brain is fried.

I've been trying to mod Meeko and other dogs into a timber husky with this mods' textures (but without the esp): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55069 

My edits: Dogs Into Huskies.rar

No matter what I'm doing, the skin changes from the timber to a white husky skin when the SL animations start. Any tips what I am missing?

Cheers!

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Is it advisable to update MNC mid-playthrough? I've read the updating guide but haven't found any information if it's (relatively) safe to do so. So far everything works fine so I don't need to update MNC but having a few .esps less to deal with is always a good thing in my book but I'd rather keep my current save if it's either or.

you may need to use a save editor to remove the "MoreNastyCritters" quest and it's "MoreNastyCrittersFactory" script from your save so that they can be restarted/reloaded as a newly added mod, after that it should be fine. (make backups first)

note: may not work on the first try, save the game and reuse the save editor on the new save.

2 hours ago, Mdy said:

Hi,

sorry for asking, but I've been modding all day and my brain is fried.

I've been trying to mod Meeko and other dogs into a timber husky with this mods' textures (but without the esp): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55069 

My edits: Dogs Into Huskies.rar

No matter what I'm doing, the skin changes from the timber to a white husky skin when the SL animations start. Any tips what I am missing?

Cheers!

use NifSkope to change the texture paths, your meshes are not using the same textures, Eg:

dog.nif is using "textures\actors\dogs\huskydog.dds"

doghard.nif is using "textures\actors\dlc01\armoreddog\Husky.dds"

19 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

[...]

use NifSkope to change the texture paths, your meshes are not using the same textures, Eg:

dog.nif is using "textures\actors\dogs\huskydog.dds"

doghard.nif is using "textures\actors\dlc01\armoreddog\Husky.dds"

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

RXIIslLT_t.jpg

The updates! I can't keep up..... It's great that this mod get's updated so frequently. I feel this can be come a race between MadMansGun and MihailMods? XD

Currently updating to version 11.1E, but I might just wait since I don't want to broke the delicate Skyrim engine. Back with F:NV I could bash around that game mid quests and mid play and not have issues, it was robust!

9 minutes ago, Dojo_dude said:

I feel this can be come a race between MadMansGun and MihailMods? XD

it literally fucking is already, i'm forever having to register his new races for animation usage.

20 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

you may need to use a save editor to remove the "MoreNastyCritters" quest and it's "MoreNastyCrittersFactory" script from your save so that they can be restarted/reloaded as a newly added mod, after that it should be fine. (make backups first)

note: may not work on the first try, save the game and reuse the save editor on the new save.

Okay, so I did the update thing and so far it worked. Creatures register fine and the mesh swap works. Followed the upgrade guide to the letter but before installing v11 I also disabled MoreNastyCritters.esp, BDIC.esp (obviously only if you have Bad Dog's patch for Immersive Creatures which you should) and HentaiCreatures.esp. Prior to that I made a save that has no creatures whatsoever in the cell, so I loaded that, spammed SetStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 for the MCM to update (always takes a while to remove mod entries from the MCM for whatever reason) then saved. Used Save Game Script Cleaner to clean the save. Loaded the cleaned save again, waited for the MCM and hopefully everything else to update and et voilà everything seems to work. Spawned in a few creatures from HentaiCreatures to check if everything works as intended and everything indeed does, even the boar riders which previously didn't work. Fingers crossed I don't run into some problems down the line but for now everything seems to work like it's supposed to.

7 minutes ago, Ishootnoobs said:

in response to your comment in the updates, no i do not think Mihail does take a day off it seems almost every 1 day or 1.5 of a day he puts out a new mod XD. also i forgot to send this message a while ago 

someone already posted that message a while ago.

Question since this is the most voraciously updated mod covering critters.  How do I change the textures if I want to use alternate textures from other critter overhauls.  
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90565 
Falmer swap between texture sets.
or
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8512

I like the Draugr from the 2nd one, but they revert to a different set an back during animations.  Skeevers retain their new look.

Now I keep coming across people mentioning using nifskope, but I've never even used it.  I still have issues with getting outfit studio to bring up files I want to work with.

3 hours ago, XZero said:

the Falmer would be a bit of a problem, they use custom textures for there nude meshes (Data\textures\MoreNastyCritters\falmer\)

i don't know whats going on with your Draugrs, they should be using the stock texture file path, therefor they should be compatible with standard texture replacers

NifSkope is a extremely useful tool to have, and i never had a problem opening a file with it.

edit: are you sure your not looking at versions of them added by immersive creatures? i think it has textures of there own.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

The mod doesn't recognize dlc creatures like chaurus hunters or dwarven ballista.

Did you follow all the animation troubleshooting instructions, especially #8?  The mod most certainly does recognize hunters and ballista if you have the latest versions and reset the registry properly so the new races are detected.