Hello.  Is there any way to get these tags applied to additional outfits?  For example, the Vault Tec Slave outfit is something I would like to convert to "lockable" like one of the outfits.  Is there a simple way of getting these tags applied through MCM or at the workbench for outfits we find like these?

17 minutes ago, BHAitken said:

Hello.  Is there any way to get these tags applied to additional outfits?  For example, the Vault Tec Slave outfit is something I would like to convert to "lockable" like one of the outfits.  Is there a simple way of getting these tags applied through MCM or at the workbench for outfits we find like these?

In short, no. You would have to make a mod similar to legendary modifications that uses DD as a master.....yada yada...

You could manually edit VTS giving the armor the scripts & properties needed.... not for the faint of heart. LOL

6 hours ago, BHAitken said:

MCM or at the workbench for outfits we find like these?

Add some from me - You need add to that outfit DD scripts. What can be done by copy similar outfit from DD to another mod, add DD as master to that mod and then change visual armor view to Vault tech Slave armor.

Can be done in CK or Fo4edit.

Note: DD items need second armor named as rendered item. That mean you need copy 2 armors: inventory and rendered. Then in new copied inventory armor need make new connect to new rendered armor. And those rendered armor have Vault tech slave outfit visual view.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

Add some from me - You need add to that outfit DD scripts. What can be done by copy similar outfit from DD to another mod, add DD as master to that mod and then change visual armor view to Vault tech Slave armor.

Can be done in CK or Fo4edit.

Note: DD items need second armor named as rendered item. That mean you need copy 2 armors: inventory and rendered. Then in new copied inventory armor need make new connect to new rendered armor. And those rendered armor have Vault tech slave outfit visual view.

Thank you, I am now scared.  LOL   I have FO4Edit, but what is CK?  (Bloody, it's been 20 years since I've really programmed anything...  LOL)

25 minutes ago, BHAitken said:

CK

Creation Kit - Bethesda make it for modders where it can write a mods. FO4edit need for extract and modify completed mod, but CK need for write a mod from zero. In theory you can use FO4edit to write new mod but it's more complicated than in CK.

Edited: i don't know how to use a CK and write a mod into FO4edit. But if you want make new quest what uses new created houses or objects - i think without CK can't do it

CK...  gotcha! ?  Hunted it down and downloaded it, opened it up and wished I had studied CAD when I was younger.  But, as my mother always said, "That's why God invented books!"   Gawd, I hate my parents....  Either way I am going to have to spend some time looking at this and learning your craft in order to make some sort of repeatable macro, then learn how to package it into something downloadable....  You know, that sounded a lot less daunting when I was younger...  LOL

1 hour ago, BHAitken said:

CK...  gotcha! ?  Hunted it down and downloaded it, opened it up and wished I had studied CAD when I was younger.  But, as my mother always said, "That's why God invented books!"   Gawd, I hate my parents....  Either way I am going to have to spend some time looking at this and learning your craft in order to make some sort of repeatable macro, then learn how to package it into something downloadable....  You know, that sounded a lot less daunting when I was younger...  LOL

Just remember, the CK is dumb as fork and will screw things up just cause it can.

Also,
Add these to the CreationKit.ini

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

bAllowMultipleEditors=1

Then make a backup copy of the ini... the CK can fork that file when you least expect it.

bAllowMultipleEditors will allow you to open a second copy of the Creation Kit in case you want to search the game world for assets, without dirtying your mod file. The CK will mark something as "edited" just for clicking on it.

FO4Edit has a very handy tool to "clean" your mod. (FO4EditQuickAutoClean.exe ) Make a backup before running it, just like you do every time you close the Creation Kit.

Okay....  Going back and reading everything before I potentially screw up and have to re-install everything... again...  let me see if I got this straight.  In fallout 4 the DD mechanic is actually tied to a legendary designation, which would mean that technically we could do this in game through the "Legendary Modification" mod on the Nexus if the DD legendary have/had recognized labels.  Now unfortunately I cannot find any link to the archived modders resource so I can't even tell if I am looking in the right direction, let alone know the individual resource I am looking for, however after this I think I have everything I need to at least take a look.  

Does anyone know where the archived references are?

2 hours ago, BHAitken said:

Okay....  Going back and reading everything before I potentially screw up and have to re-install everything... again...  let me see if I got this straight.  In fallout 4 the DD mechanic is actually tied to a legendary designation, which would mean that technically we could do this in game through the "Legendary Modification" mod on the Nexus if the DD legendary have/had recognized labels.  Now unfortunately I cannot find any link to the archived modders resource so I can't even tell if I am looking in the right direction, let alone know the individual resource I am looking for, however after this I think I have everything I need to at least take a look.  

Does anyone know where the archived references are?

Open Devious Devices in FO4Edit (just double click it) and look at how the armor is setup. They have scripts attached.

You can right click on an armor and "Copy as override" and then you can create a new mod in the next popup. You need to copy the Rendered & Inventory armors. You can then, close FO4Edit, open it again and select DD, YourNewMod, and VTS. Change the nifs  in YourNewMod so they point to VTS. Now here's the thing... VTS is modular, so you need to figure out which outfit to change the nif;s to. I think there's 2 "complete outfits"... I forget.

The easiest one to play with would be the collar, CROSS\VTS\TheKite_VTS_GND_Collar.nif

Oh, xEdit can be found here.

You can also create a new empty mod by opening the CK and click Save, then close it.

2 hours ago, BHAitken said:

Okay....

Note - when you copy inventory device to new mod it uses all properties what is set up. If for VTS you use straitjacket dress - then new VTS suit forces you to hop because those property is on that armor. For VTS if you want only lockable is catsuit as inventory device. Also note if you use DCW mod then this new armor will force you surrender with first hit, because DCW thinks that you are heavily restrained.

Okay...   What I SEE when I open FO4Edit on DD's Vault Tec collar (to begin with Mega's suggestion) is the basic record header, the base id, component list and skill requirements, the name and the workbench/category for in-game construction.  No scripts or references to any mechanics that I can tell, but more than one person has told me I can be as blind as a bat at times.  Am I looking in the right place?

Looking in Armor addon too, not seeing "scripts" that designate action, although I am seeing a reference to Restrained Devices here.   

1 hour ago, BHAitken said:

Okay...   What I SEE when I open FO4Edit on DD's Vault Tec collar (to begin with Mega's suggestion) is the basic record header, the base id, component list and skill requirements, the name and the workbench/category for in-game construction.  No scripts or references to any mechanics that I can tell, but more than one person has told me I can be as blind as a bat at times.  Am I looking in the right place?

Looking in Armor addon too, not seeing "scripts" that designate action, although I am seeing a reference to Restrained Devices here.   

697387686_DesktopScreenshot2020_09.06-17_24_37_19.thumb.png.bbfe12d0110dcf5a76004e1eb9a6bf16.png

Found it, I was in the wrong category, and I found the macro.  Thank you.  Now I'm going to compare this to the Real Handcuffs data and the Community Restrains Pack to see if I'll need a singular or multiple dependencies to pull this off.  Thank you once again.  I'll be back when I have draft ready.

5 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

i always have some which is different compared to how my skyrim is

That's because in DD is difficulty bug: always you play on difficulty 9 - most easy no matter what you select in game. If bug is fixed keys broke faster and also have more chance to stuck in lock and need repaired. On difficulty 4 (default in Kimy mod). If you set difficulty 0 (most harder) i fear to think how fast keys broke)

6 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

been losing them very often

You can modify restraints in fo4edit and add new property DestroyKey set to true. Then every time when this restraint is unlocked - key will be destroyed.

Note: if you have key and you unlock that device by struggle out, lockpick or  cut off,  key will be removed too. Why? Maybe next bug in script.

37 minutes ago, downtown8157 said:

it forced to turn off the hide pip boy

in DD and DCL mod forced to hide a pipboy. You need turn it off by global variables it not like it.

36 minutes ago, downtown8157 said:

has been stuff in the animation

Bug. Put back hobble dress manipulate a lock, exit to inventory, hobble a little, then take it off. All need be normal.

I cam across a bug. Is anyone else able to unlock the device without a key? Every device that's applied to my character can be taken off without a key. Anyone else experience this? 

Plus, how often do you fail to "reach the device?" I never came across that but now it was happening constantly with ankle cuffs (with a broken leg).

2 hours ago, Becerra9 said:

you fail to "reach the device?"

Some devices have hard difficulty to access a keyhole. But if you no fix DD difficulty bug it's not happen. It's happen only if try access to keyhole with booby pin.  Can you be "more precise" on message text?

2 hours ago, Becerra9 said:

unlock the device without a key?

Some devices not need a key - it's mod feature

Had a weird acting piece of clothing added onto my body by another mod I can't find in Devious, but even ESP explorer can't find it anywhere. It's a white latex suit. Do you know if it is DD? A dummy item maybe? It acted like a DD device, unable to remove it without a key, etc etc, but I was invisible. I was going to check on it in bodyslide, and then couldn't find it, checked on it elsewhere, ESP explorer searching, nada. 

Any idea?

12 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

Any idea?

White catsuit is color mod of black catsuit from DD - you need build in bodyslide black catsuit. Then white catsuit appears too.

Edited: Sorry White latex catsuit isn't from DD. I have no clue what mod add it.

White is straitjacket dress.