1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

this is DD anticheat engine - in sleep not going timer.  You can spend those hours in action and then you can try unlock second time. Or you can wait on chair - for that mechanics anticheat engine not work . I can made it to work. But not sure if players will be happy with that decision.

I just test - after waiting 3 hours on chair all works as expected.

If waiting on a chair is not considered as a cheat, i don't see why sleeping is. Either both wait options are prohibited or neither of them (just my opinion ofc)

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

It's odd that first person view works for you when it did not work for me. I will see if I can figure anything out that might be relevant here.

It can also be a function of the BodySlide conversion you're using. The included conversion is for CBBE but there are others available separately for different body replacers (two different ones for Fusion Girl, and probably conversions to additional bodies I'm not aware of).

4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

But now you are protected from any straitjacket or dress.

Unequip the gloves when putting on straitjackets, armbinders.

Do a check if gloves, mittens, wrist restraints... are equipped... then uneqip them... then equip the straitjacket, armbinder.

Any wrist/hand restraint is far less restrictive than a straitjacket or armbinder. And the "restrictive" gloves are just eye candy anyway.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It can also be a function of the BodySlide conversion you're using. The included conversion is for CBBE but there are others available separately for different body replacers (two different ones for Fusion Girl, and probably conversions to additional bodies I'm not aware of).

It's trickier than that.

Re-equipping the bra did not bring back the first person artifact.

So I don't know if this is an intermittent problem or if it's a repeatable problem which requires a certain sequence of steps.

8 hours ago, sen4mi said:

But, on survival mode, sleeping is not a cheat

It's not about survival mode or normal mode. DD suspect waiting time as cheat. You need wait this time in normal way as time goes on. But the same as on Skyrim DD you still can use wait time.  In Skyrim DCL some events not work using wait time so.  I don't know is wait time is specially left untouched or forgot about that FO4 ability, but it made in that way. In my opinion DD and survival is incompatible.

9 hours ago, sen4mi said:

relying on Rogg, w

I think about it. In theory it is easy on practice it can made some complicated script for me. But first i need found time to complete updated DD engine.

7 hours ago, lee3310 said:

If waiting on a chair is not considered as a cheat, i don't see why sleeping is.

I answer in previous post why it's work in that way. Add some more info. DD is port from Skyrim, where it works in that same way. Also if you insist, i can add waiting as cheat too. I doo it in my previous version of FO4. But if Skyrim have mod DCL, where you have more chance to free and fight even when tied, in FO4 not those options. So if i do it, your game will look like that - 1) attempt to escape.   2) Stay on place and wait x hours while going FO4 time. 3) trying escape again. As there nothing more to do.  But anticheat for wait time is easy to made. No problem)

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Unequip the gloves when putting on straitjackets, armbinders.

I mean you are protected from automatically equip skills. Say you have activated DCW traps. So you just voluntary put on glove, manipulate a locks and you can freely explore chests as straitjackets will not equip on you.

So you offer if trigger trap, first unequip gloves then equip a straitjacket. Ok it can be done, but it is necessary?

Also in Skyrim original straitjacket is without arms slot, and gloves can equipped under it, i specially check before made those changes. But in Skyrim Device hider works better (i mean original Bethesda device hider) In Skyrim i very rare times see floating hands on NPC. As in Fallout 4 NPC hands float in 99% cases.

Edited by Elsidia
Misunderstanding
4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

So I don't know if this is an intermittent problem or if it's a repeatable problem which requires a certain sequence of steps.

The bra and most items of DD doesn't have first person mode files. I assume it not need as those items equip over body. So this can be cause some body item armor what is damaged (maybe even from another mod) Or some DD body restraint - we check most and all was good. I mean those files need attach to armor what use biped slot 33 (body)

What version of DD 2.0 you use:

RC8 or catsuit update?

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Ok it can be done, but it is necessary?

Yes it is, IF it's more efficient code wise. Which is less demanding.. even just a tiny amount will make a difference in a script intensive game. (folks running a lot of heavy script mods)

And un-equipping and item will guarantee a 100% of never having floating hands.

My guess is the the simple removal method is far less intrusive, as it fires once and done.

Not to mention, you can't see the gloves, mittens, wrist devices etc while wearing a straitjacket. Sooo... why hide them instead of simply removing them for later use by the player?

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I answer in previous post why it's work in that way. Add some more info. DD is port from Skyrim, where it works in that same way. Also if you insist, i can add waiting as cheat too. I doo it in my previous version of FO4. But if Skyrim have mod DCL, where you have more chance to free and fight even when tied, in FO4 not those options. So if i do it, your game will look like that - 1) attempt to escape.   2) Stay on place and wait x hours while going FO4 time. 3) trying escape again. As there nothing more to do.  But anticheat for wait time is easy to made. No problem)

It can be interpreted as: unable to sleep when wearing uncomfortable devices that cause pain or pleasure ?.

Edited by lee3310
11 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Yes it is, IF it's more efficient code wise.

In first thinking about it:

Need add for new

Bool Function IsEquipDeviceConflict(Actor akActor) to be sure that only gloves mess up with jacket

Need change

Bool Function IsEquipRequiredDeviceConflict(Actor akActor) to allow run into silent mode and be sure that jacket can be equipped. (Already in plans as non silent mode mess up with DCW)

Now need change

Bool Function EquipDevice(Actor akActor, Armor InventoryDevice, Armor RenderedDevice = none, Bool CheckDependencies = True, Keyword Pose = None, String Color = "none")

to check if it straitjacket and you wear a gloves and nothing is in way of jacket. Also need check if not wearing a mittens as those is gloves too.

Need run slow mode unequip function

RemoveGenericDeviceByKeyword as we don't know what fornid of gloves is wearing.

Now we can continue equip jacket as planned.

There still can be conflict if there in equip process are some other items what can mess up with jacket.

Note: If not do this complicated way of check, so we can end, that gloves is removed, but jacket not equipped as other item don't allow it. Also if some item is already in equip process so jacket can fail equip as new item appears and gloves is removed.

I ran into a crash today...

Somehow a violate scene had unequipped my pipboy, so I was unable to do anything. I had a DD pipboy in my inventory so I equipped that from the console.

Later, I tried to equip the regular pipboy (00021b3b) which was apparently fine, but then opening it for modification in an armor bench crashed the game. (Possibly the DD pipboy does not unequip when I equip the real pipboy??)

I'm sorry if this has been asked a lot or is a dumb question, but how do I equip the chastity belt corset addons? whenever I try to equip it it's instantly unequipped, and doesn't even bring up the DD menu. is there supposed to be some sort of process to "apply" it to a belt?

I have a damaged devious devices, it seems, and this has sent me down a rabbit hole of  tech support. after reeinstalling the mod, I am able to run in the restrictive latex corset and the chastity belt clips now. I'm not sure if I should move this to the dedicated tech support forum or keep it in the dedicated DD topic.

Hello everyone,

Is there an item manager that works with DD RC8 similar to Rogg DD Item Manager (aka does not require ACKWR)? While I overall enjoy DD there are some devices I would like to disable entirely. Also does Deviously Cursed Wasteland currently work with RC8? I saw conflicting reports here and on the DCW support pages. Thank you very much>

26 minutes ago, mechanicusmagos said:

Hello everyone,

Is there an item manager that works with DD RC8 similar to Rogg DD Item Manager (aka does not require ACKWR)? While I overall enjoy DD there are some devices I would like to disable entirely. Also does Deviously Cursed Wasteland currently work with RC8? I saw conflicting reports here and on the DCW support pages. Thank you very much>

Rogg Item manager works fine with RC8. DCW ignores any item manager, you'd have to add the code to DCW.

The only thing you have to do to run DCW & RC8 is make dam sure to set the hobble speed BEFORE leaving the pre-war house. Max speed is advised.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

he only thing you have to do to run DCW & RC8 is make dam sure to set the hobble speed BEFORE leaving the pre-war house. Max speed is advised.

I'm not sure why it's happen, but in tied up scene i set in script change animation to original hop, as any other solution in scripts not work) i just think that FO4 vanilla engine sets first view a few times in game ini so anticheat variable is decrease a few times and original value is lost.

7 hours ago, mechanicusmagos said:

Is there an item manager that works with DD RC8 similar to Rogg DD Item Manager (aka does not require ACKWR)? While I overall enjoy DD there are some devices I would like to disable entirely.

Rogg's manager does work with RC8, with the caveat that new items added in RC8 are not known to nor controlled by the manager (e.g. slave heels, tentacle monster, some of the boots/straitjacket combos, and so on). As for stripping out AWKCR, there is an attached ESP on the last page or two of the manager support topic if you don't want to have to do it with FO4Edit yourself.

Roggvir is holding off updating the manager until there is a new official DD release, or at least that was the most recent decision I recall seeing.