To be, or not to be...a guy in Skyrim.

MsOtaku

One thing I'd like to see is NPC on NPC assaults. When I find random encounters in the wild, I would like the males to jump the females instead of just killing them.  The problem with that comes back to the "I don't want guys banging guys" issues so I'd need better leveled lists of NPCs to really enjoy that I guess.

I think Scent of Sex should be able to do something like that but I never got either the death prevention or most of the rule conditions to work at all.

I'd like to see that, too. I've tried to look for mods where NPCs will randomly have sex with each other but, couldn't find one. The only time I see NPC on NPC action are through orgies via SLEN or my animal companion or follower running off to rape a baddie. Or a horny animal raping a villager thanks to Aroused Creatures. Well, I could set the sex to consensual in AC but, where's the fun in that. ;)

A tad off topic I guess, but there was a mod here I think that would put map markers on your compass showing where sex was occuring. I never used it because I never had any mods that would start sex I couldn't see.  I think I first saw it prior to SLEN but the Aroused Creatures mod was the only one I knew of that would have random sex I might miss... and that didn't seem like enough to justify a mod like that.  Always wondered what I was missing.

A tad off topic I guess, but there was a mod here I think that would put map markers on your compass showing where sex was occuring. I never used it because I never had any mods that would start sex I couldn't see.  I think I first saw it prior to SLEN but the Aroused Creatures mod was the only one I knew of that would have random sex I might miss... and that didn't seem like enough to justify a mod like that.  Always wondered what I was missing.

here

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2188-sex-finder/

here

Do you know of every mod in LL? :heart:

I took a look at this then saw a link for the Random Sex Mod and thought I had just found what I was looking for since I just now finished asking for an NPC on NPC random sex mod in another thread but, the one that is available is a rape mod. Not exactly what I'm looking for since I have enough of those. :(

SLATE has a few options to help with re-tagging.  I created a couple custom rules for myself, finding certain tags that I want to add other tags with. I haven't used the record feature but that would be great for selecting half of of a misc collection of animations and adding a "defeat-beaten" tag.

It has been a while since I used Defeat because I did not need all of the other things it did. I was happy with my very simple Leveling mod, but as it hasn't had anything done with it for a while and does not have the customizing options I might have to drop it eventually.

SLATE is awesome, it helps with my OCD and tagging animations. I nearly fainted when you said you "might drop [Defeat]". I can't live without that mod. It has everything I could ever want in terms of what I want in that sort of mod. It's permanent on all of my mod lists.

My main guy is still my guy character if i wanna just wreck shit, i still play as my female character a lot more often due to sexlab though, but being my main guy is still a lot more fun in terms of powerhouse character gameplay.

Its nice to have multiple characters for different play styles. :) By the way, I LOVE the pic in your signature - HOT!

I still use Submit even though it's old and buggy. Something about the way it functions is just suits me better than Defeat. Guess I'm a little chauvanistic but I always turn off PC Submit when I play a male character. I don't mind fem-dom but male on male rape just isn't my cup of tea and that seemed to be what would happen 90% of the time if I left it active. 

At any rate, these are my last three guy characters. 

mdE92xSP.jpg

IVtzU7Pi.jpg

B7HGDvCX.jpg

I'm not much for posing people for screenshots, either. Between the first two and the last guy I got a new PC, hence the jump in quality. They're all fun to play, though. First guy was a generic, heroic type Imperial. Second was a Nord who started off as a Vigilant of Stendaar then found himself with philosophical differences and went a different path. Third guy is a Redguard former soldier turned killer for hire. I decided to make him my "do the bad guy quest options" character, so he's pretty amoral. He's also the first character I finished the Stormcloaks Civil War storyline on. Usually I go Imperials. Not sure why, I just prefer their side of things. It doesn't hurt that Elisif is a lot cuter than Ulfric.

I was never fond of Submit but, to each their own. As I mentioned before, Defeat is the mod for me and I think I already mentioned that I turn off "Player as Victim" while playing a male PC. I do the same for Aroused Creatures and only let my female followers get assaulted. I'm not into femdom so I have all those animations on my blacklist.

Also, hooray for more pics! Thank you for sharing them with us. They're good looking fellas! And excuse me but, Ulfric is WAY hotter than Elisif. :P

EDIT: I got the one person mixed with another because I never finished this game and am terrible with names and have no idea who's involved with who in the damn Civil War thing. I derped.

merci MsOtaku.

here

Any suggestion besides Random Sex to accompany that mod?

here

I just used Random Sex. I set the interval to 10 minutes and the % to what suits you.

here

I just used Random Sex. I set the interval to 10 minutes and the % to what suits you.

That's primarily an "in city" type mod though, right? Little chance of wilderness frolicking?

An interesting question would be: Are random NPCs approaching the player more entertaining when on a male or female PC? I suppose that depends on whether you don't mind women approaching your female or fiercely oppose men approaching your male PC.

An inspiration just came to me.... animators could make a few extra idles perhaps.  Instead of just leaning against a post, could a male NPC "stroke himself" and catcall or a female "stripper dance" or otherwise make suggestive gestures or run her hands up and down her body?

here

That's primarily an "in city" type mod though, right? Little chance of wilderness frolicking?

An interesting question would be: Are random NPCs approaching the player more entertaining when on a male or female PC? I suppose that depends on whether you don't mind women approaching your female or fiercely oppose men approaching your male PC.

An inspiration just came to me.... animators could make a few extra idles perhaps.  Instead of just leaning against a post, could a male NPC "stroke himself" and catcall or a female "stripper dance" or otherwise make suggestive gestures or run her hands up and down her body?

I use mods that had more npc to the game. In wilderness have seen bandits going at another bandit or travelers. Wolf going at bandit and the like. I've had follower get me when sneaking up on bandits. Kind of a "Your timing is impeccable" or "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times", but it can be real funny. There is settings for approach, gender and animals.

I have used this. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52095/?

I use mods that had more npc to the game. In wilderness have seen bandits going at another bandit or travelers. Wolf going at bandit and the like. I've had follower get me when sneaking up on bandits. Kind of a "Your timing is impeccable" or "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times", but it can be real funny. There is settings for approach, gender and animals.

I have used this. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52095/?

I have immersive NPCs and Extra Encounters so I would have enough.  I'll either have to give Random Sex a try or see if I can get Scent of Sex working like our host is.

The theory on Scent I like more and it would have let me do things like "When Jon sees Olfina, start sex" or similar. I didn't want to be limited to just game defined spouses, and pick who I wanted to put together.  I had also hoped to use the death prevention to do bandit on victim and such, but yeah....

Funny Naked comments I have as well.  Too bad they don't have girl on girl comments though. Being told my naked chick has a big hammer... well, thanks?

I don't want another rape mod (Random Sex), which is why I'm trying Scent of Sex for the second time. It's complicated - for me at least - but it works. The only issue I'm having is constant CTDs and I don't know why.

Seriously...this game does not want me to play as a guy.

So I had my guy marry Ysolda and she keeps leaving my house, Cliffside Cottage, and goes back to her shitty shack in Whiterun. I spoke to her after they married and told her I wanted to live in my new house (player made) and she says "Okay." She's there when I show up but, then goes back to Whiterun. I follow her and tell her I want to move and tell her where and she agrees again but, she does the same thing.

What gives? I have NEVER had this issue with any spouse.

So I had my guy marry Ysolda

Did you murder that shaggy cunt who owns the Bannered Mare in Whiterun? Ysolda takes her place after that. By the way Ysolda is a drug dealer if I remember correctly, so weird behaviour is to be expected.

The only issue I'm having is constant CTDs and I don't know why.

Maybe you have too many scripted mods constantly running in the background. Or it's just Skyrim being Skyrim.

Did you murder that shaggy cunt who owns the Bannered Mare in Whiterun? Ysolda takes her place after that. By the way Ysolda is a drug dealer if I remember correctly, so weird behaviour is to be expected.

Maybe you have too many scripted mods constantly running in the background. Or it's just Skyrim being Skyrim.

I know she's a drug dealer, I read that on some forums and the whole "working with Khajiit" made sense. I wanted to see how it would pan out with her knowing that she is one. And I had no idea about the old bitch living in the Bannered Mare. Is this part of a story? If it is then I'll go back to an earlier save and do that to see what happens. No spoilers, though!

In regards to Skyrim... it's just being Skyrim. Some games give me the smoothest play through and others tell me to go to hell.

I know she's a drug dealer, I read that on some forums and the whole "working with Khajiit" made sense. I wanted to see how it would pan out with her knowing that she is one. And I had no idea about the old bitch living in the Bannered Mare. Is this part of a story? If it is then I'll go back to an earlier save and do that to see what happens. No spoilers, though!

In regards to Skyrim... it's just being Skyrim. Some games give me the smoothest play through and others tell me to go to hell.

Most "shops" in the game have a replacement vendor setup in case the usual one is killed by something. I guess just in case vampires get in and kill the innkeeper Hulda (which wouldn't even happen in the vanilla game) she takes over.  Bijin mods overhaul Hulda and I make Mikael jealous with her screams in some games.  When I'm feeling really cruel I make Carlotta and Saadia scream as well.

Ysolda has a deal going on with an orc named Ulag. You can find him and get what story there is in the Sleeping Tree Camp cave... west end of Whiterun Hold. The Solutions mod adds an interaction with her afterward that is quite fitting as well.

Most "shops" in the game have a replacement vendor setup in case the usual one is killed by something. I guess just in case vampires get in and kill the innkeeper Hulda (which wouldn't even happen in the vanilla game) she takes over.  Bijin mods overhaul Hulda and I make Mikael jealous with her screams in some games.  When I'm feeling really cruel I make Carlotta and Saadia scream as well.

Ysolda has a deal going on with an orc named Ulag. You can find him and get what story there is in the Sleeping Tree Camp cave... west end of Whiterun Hold. The Solutions mod adds an interaction with her afterward that is quite fitting as well.

Um...how do you make them scream? Also, will my dope-dealing wife go back to my house after the Orc quest?

Honestly, I'm just looking for a housewife for my guy to marry and leave the kids with her and visit her every once in a while. He'll be off with his hottie followers adventuring and doing naughty things.

I never got the "If I'm going to be staring at butt for hours may as well be female" line usually play as male since I like to imagine myself in game or rather an idealized form, tough I like playing as female in certain specific roles such as thief, assassin. and vampire, never played bloodlines as a male.

I never got the "If I'm going to be staring at butt for hours may as well be female" line usually play as male since I like to imagine myself in game or rather an idealized form, tough I like playing as female in certain specific roles such as thief, assassin. and vampire, never played bloodlines as a male.

I like imagining myself as the character I'm playing as well and I don't mind watching the bouncing butt, either.  I guess I just wanted to be a total dominant, man-whore/pimp in a fantasy game because I can. :)

MsOtaku, have you had any luck with your Skyrim slump yet?

I, too, have occasionaly bouts of ...'bleh'... shall we say, when I spend a large amount of time making a specific character (pyromage; necromancer; cryomage; unarmored dualist; bone shaman; necromancer; you get the idea), only to spend a few hours playing it before wanting to start something new. Male or female, the gender usually doesn't matter because I play to the concept I have in my head. The mods I use for each character are tailored to that playthrough.

But I will say this - the last slump I had was so bad that I didn't even make it past the character screen. I'd get the appearance down, stare at the character for a while, and then go do something else. Know what cures it for me? Cut 98% of the mods.

I started a new game with only some texture overhauls, a combat overhaul, and Ordinator. And it was magnificent. See, my problem was, I had allowed mods to take the place of my imagination. I didn't need to think storycrafting or thinking through a character's motivations because I had mods for that. I had a solid nearly un-modded playthrough as a brontomancer (storm mage) that lasted almost 260 hours until that story ended.

I've slowly built up more stories with more mods since, but I tell you, the game is far more enjoyable again.

I, too, have occasionaly bouts of ...'bleh'... shall we say, when I spend a large amount of time making a specific character (pyromage; necromancer; cryomage; unarmored dualist; bone shaman; necromancer; you get the idea), only to spend a few hours playing it before wanting to start something new. Male or female, the gender usually doesn't matter because I play to the concept I have in my head. The mods I use for each character are tailored to that playthrough.

But I will say this - the last slump I had was so bad that I didn't even make it past the character screen. I'd get the appearance down, stare at the character for a while, and then go do something else. Know what cures it for me? Cut 98% of the mods.

I started a new game with only some texture overhauls, a combat overhaul, and Ordinator. And it was magnificent. See, my problem was, I had allowed mods to take the place of my imagination. I didn't need to think storycrafting or thinking through a character's motivations because I had mods for that. I had a solid nearly un-modded playthrough as a brontomancer (storm mage) that lasted almost 260 hours until that story ended.

I've slowly built up more stories with more mods since, but I tell you, the game is far more enjoyable again.

Pheade, thank you so very much for sharing this, I get where you are coming from. Let me be 100% honest - RP and sex are a huge part of my life. I've been gaming since Pong was around and RPing for over 16 years. There are so many games out that allow you to make choices and sex is a part of that but, it doesn't feel fulfilling for me. In games where I can mod it's all about sex and the stories I create for my characters. I love having a beautiful game, unfortunately it really sucks when my character isn't allowed to have sex. Sure, RP with a friend and a great story is fantastic but, actually seeing it on your monitor is more than amazing.

I've been talking to some old gamer friends of mine about this and a lot of them choose to not integrate sex into their game. They game for the sake of playing a game and watch porn or have IRL sex to fulfill that need - they don't want to see it in their games but, don't mind seeing hot chicks or guys in it. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. I want my porn, my IRL sex, and my gaming sex.

Yes, the vast majority of my mods are graphical overhauls and my PC and NPCs are gorgeous but, I need and want sex in my game. I have tried to keep any sex mods out of Skyrim and my play time did not last at all. I LOVE dungeon crawling and completing quests but, I want to have shagging in it as well - it's fun for me to watch and even more fun because I may or may not be in control of the situation. So I do continue to have my stories and adventures with different characters - I just can't live without my kinky mods. Each character has a set of different mods - not all are the same.

To answer your main question, no, I have not gotten out of my slump. I miss playing with people. I miss playing with my guild in my old MMORPG. I miss talking to people about my gaming adventures. People move on, quit games, or play different games, etc. I want to finish Skyrim so badly but, this slump I'm in is preventing me to do so. It isn't new. I do this all the time in games that allow me to have multiple characters and I learned that having 6-7 alts ruins things for me. I just can't let them go, I don't want to. In all honesty I don't know what to do because as much as I love Skooma Whore, my main character is not a prostitute that owes money to loan sharks and is in constant need of the drug - I have to keep my profiles and stories separate.

Before coming back to Skyrim I played FFXIV and created so many alts, which isn't needed because one character can play any class and level up any class just by switching your gear. Yet, the alt-aholic in me NEEDED to have a character for each class and re-doing all those damn quests drove me up the wall. With a heavy heart, I deleted all but, two and felt like a great weight had been lifted off of me. I can't, however, mod FFXIV. My friends left the game and being alone in an MMORPG is no fun so I quit. I came here, spent months learning about modding, made my game gorgeous and I believe that all my testing killed my enthusiasm for the game. I think I've seen about 15% of the content in this game because that's how long I'll last while in testing phase, then I create my character, play, then get bored quick because I've done these quests hundreds of times before.

I made a post a while back about cheating in game and how one feels about it because I had cheated and felt horrid. Today, I said "Fuck it." and created a male character and am cheating so much in terms of perks, skills, and armor. Maybe I think I'll have fun just bulldozing my way through the game but then again, I wonder if I want to see spoilers and feel like I ruined the game when I could have played and finished the game with my main that does not cheat.

I have a very good friend who's therapist is a gamer. My friend is very lucky because they can talk about this kind of stuff. I have yet to find a therapist that games... While there are so many things I enjoy doing, night time is my gaming time and it has not been fun for a long time. I just hope that something will occur to me to get out of this hole I've dug myself into and enjoy gaming again. I miss that feeling so much.

Um...how do you make them scream? Also, will my dope-dealing wife go back to my house after the Orc quest?

Honestly, I'm just looking for a housewife for my guy to marry and leave the kids with her and visit her every once in a while. He'll be off with his hottie followers adventuring and doing naughty things.

Well, I was basically saying I use a mod to have sex and often in a way that gets a relationship increase so I can sleep in Inn beds for free.

I don't think finding the orc will fix her AI issues, since it doesn't make any changes in the game normally. I can't remember if you even get an increase from it or just from the mammoth tusk quest. The orc quest will give you the option to sell things to her related to the quest for a nice bit of coin and can be very helpful early in the game.

One thing I remember reading as a solution for other spouse/adoption kid problems was to move to another house, and then move back if needed.

Does she return to her house and sleep, or just go back to Whiterun and wander around on her usual AI path? I wonder if there is a problem with that house and spouses?

Pheade, thank you so very much for sharing this, I get where you are coming from. Let me be 100% honest - RP and sex are a huge part of my life. I've been gaming since Pong was around and RPing for over 16 years. There are so many games out that allow you to make choices and sex is a part of that but, it doesn't feel fulfilling for me. In games where I can mod it's all about sex and the stories I create for my characters. I love having a beautiful game, unfortunately it really sucks when my character isn't allowed to have sex. Sure, RP with a friend and a great story is fantastic but, actually seeing it on your monitor is more than amazing.

I've been talking to some old gamer friends of mine about this and a lot of them choose to not integrate sex into their game. They game for the sake of playing a game and watch porn or have IRL sex to fulfill that need - they don't want to see it in their games but, don't mind seeing hot chicks or guys in it. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. I want my porn, my IRL sex, and my gaming sex.

Yes, the vast majority of my mods are graphical overhauls and my PC and NPCs are gorgeous but, I need and want sex in my game. I have tried to keep any sex mods out of Skyrim and my play time did not last at all. I LOVE dungeon crawling and completing quests but, I want to have shagging in it as well - it's fun for me to watch and even more fun because I may or may not be in control of the situation. So I do continue to have my stories and adventures with different characters - I just can't live without my kinky mods. Each character has a set of different mods - not all are the same.

To answer your main question, no, I have not gotten out of my slump. I miss playing with people. I miss playing with my guild in my old MMORPG. I miss talking to people about my gaming adventures. People move on, quit games, or play different games, etc. I want to finish Skyrim so badly but, this slump I'm in is preventing me to do so. It isn't new. I do this all the time in games that allow me to have multiple characters and I learned that having 6-7 alts ruins things for me. I just can't let them go, I don't want to. In all honesty I don't know what to do because as much as I love Skooma Whore, my main character is not a prostitute that owes money to loan sharks and is in constant need of the drug - I have to keep my profiles and stories separate.

Before coming back to Skyrim I played FFXIV and created so many alts, which isn't needed because one character can play any class and level up any class just by switching your gear. Yet, the alt-aholic in me NEEDED to have a character for each class and re-doing all those damn quests drove me up the wall. With a heavy heart, I deleted all but, two and felt like a great weight had been lifted off of me. I can't, however, mod FFXIV. My friends left the game and being alone in an MMORPG is no fun so I quit. I came here, spent months learning about modding, made my game gorgeous and I believe that all my testing killed my enthusiasm for the game. I think I've seen about 15% of the content in this game because that's how long I'll last while in testing phase, then I create my character, play, then get bored quick because I've done these quests hundreds of times before.

I made a post a while back about cheating in game and how one feels about it because I had cheated and felt horrid. Today, I said "Fuck it." and created a male character and am cheating so much in terms of perks, skills, and armor. Maybe I think I'll have fun just bulldozing my way through the game but then again, I wonder if I want to see spoilers and feel like I ruined the game when I could have played and finished the game with my main that does not cheat.

I have a very good friend who's therapist is a gamer. My friend is very lucky because they can talk about this kind of stuff. I have yet to find a therapist that games... While there are so many things I enjoy doing, night time is my gaming time and it has not been fun for a long time. I just hope that something will occur to me to get out of this hole I've dug myself into and enjoy gaming again. I miss that feeling so much.

I agree with everything you say.  To me sex is natural so I don't feel uncomfortable having it in my game.  As for the slump.  I too have dug myself a hole that I can't get out of. 

I agree with everything you say.  To me sex is natural so I don't feel uncomfortable having it in my game.  As for the slump.  I too have dug myself a hole that I can't get out of. 

This is for the both of us:

1af33bbe837b9b1d65c9ac632afc856f90796618

I was having a very smooth play through and forgot to save hours ago and crashed when I went to save so I lost about 5 hours of game time.... *arrow to the head*

Well, I was basically saying I use a mod to have sex and often in a way that gets a relationship increase so I can sleep in Inn beds for free.

Does she return to her house and sleep, or just go back to Whiterun and wander around on her usual AI path? I wonder if there is a problem with that house and spouses?

I kinda figured it had something to do with shagging...

And no, she never went back to the house so I started over, married the girl/waitress from the Silver Blood Inn and had the same fucking problems. I teleported her fine ass to our house but, she keeps trying to leave. I think I may give up.

And no, she never went back to the house so I started over, married the girl/waitress from the Silver Blood Inn and had the same fucking problems. I teleported her fine ass to our house but, she keeps trying to leave. I think I may give up.

Some people just have bad luck with relationships... Maybe form a meaningful relationship with someone before marrying them and they won't leave you immediately?  :P

Archived