The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

5 hours ago, Bungholio18 said:

Hi guys,

I have another issue that gives me a lot of head scratching.

In my animation I have the Notebook included but its not showing up in game.

The notebook was exported via S4Studio and appended to blender - no issue so far.

The XML includes the prop with the animation.

I set the notebooks's rig in "pose mode" and positioned it accordingly on the bed. 

I set a keyframe at the beginning and one at the end of the animation.

I also tried a baking animation variant as well - no change.

Interesting fact: in game I removed (via destroy object) the bed and found the shadow of the notebook (that's what I guess it is).
So there must be something..

Running out of ideas....and pulled hair...

Glad if someone could help!

See the attached screenshots.

Reveal hidden contents

blender.thumb.png.6aa6a03be09ebf4534c9602af757d058.pngxml.png.305903bc5644d6fc11bdecf9af303ad3.pngwithbed.thumb.jpg.a80a452318b32608ac8d6f00c22af909.jpgnobed.thumb.jpg.14e01d1ecfab5f8cd02e77cf0049b15a.jpg

Your issue is the way of added props in the XML. Each of them should be a separate block with imperative sequence numbering in the line of "prop id"

914107261_bandicam2021-03-2319-20-53-434.jpg.f894d91b79191c5440ff4b08b3ca4ac8.jpg

58 minutes ago, khyan69 said:

comment from the author in a video :

"That's a problem with the parenting thing that I forgot to fix. Just parent the eye target to the "look at" bone and then delete the "Child of" modifier and it should work fine!"

I don't know what he is talking about since there is no "child of" modifier anywhere for the look at, and the eye target bone is already a parent to the look at bone in the control rig...

EDIT : Actually you have to be in EDIT mode, select the armature from the control rigs, select "Eye target, upper lid, lower lid and Look at" then Press ctrl + P, the first option, now in pose mode, it should be fixed. Just did it now while testing things

Child of - is on of the bone constraint which are some kind of modifiers in animation. Many of them can be very useful to you, for example "Child of" is used to attach a prop's bone on a some of actor's bone. So, if you have attached a glass to a hand using this constrain, you only need to move the hand bone without a particular animation of the glass.

2105348895_bandicam2021-03-2319-32-51-887.jpg.ecdf14a833f890d348e67d88c461c6ec.jpg

5 hours ago, GreyNaya said:

Your issue is the way of added props in the XML. Each of them should be a separate block with imperative sequence numbering in the line of "prop id"

914107261_bandicam2021-03-2319-20-53-434.jpg.f894d91b79191c5440ff4b08b3ca4ac8.jpg

Thanks for your quick response!

I reduced the prop guids to one item only.

But...no effect so far.

I think it has to do with the rig that's associated with the exported S4Mesh.

I played around with it and now the computer is at least displayed placed underneath the bed. (see Image)

No matter where I position the computer in blender - it stays at the center under the bed. No clue why.

1. Tried positioning in object mode - no change

2. Tried positioning in pose mode - no change either

In each attempt I inserted keyframes.

LocRot only appears when I set keyframes in ObjectMode - but they seem to be ignored. Which ones are required for the game?

Spoiler

withpc.thumb.jpg.cfdb1d511fcd1396fa803ff09b1e08da.jpgdopesheet.thumb.jpg.fbd7b41ac274dbffff59a38f05e2debf.jpg

2 hours ago, Bungholio18 said:

Thanks for your quick response!

I reduced the prop guids to one item only.

But...no effect so far.

I think it has to do with the rig that's associated with the exported S4Mesh.

I played around with it and now the computer is at least displayed placed underneath the bed. (see Image)

No matter where I position the computer in blender - it stays at the center under the bed. No clue why.

1. Tried positioning in object mode - no change

2. Tried positioning in pose mode - no change either

In each attempt I inserted keyframes.

LocRot only appears when I set keyframes in ObjectMode - but they seem to be ignored. Which ones are required for the game?

So you use only one prop in the scene? When I saw this I thought you had several props that you entered in one line and I advised you to divide them into separate blocks under the correct numbering. 

xml.png.305903bc5644d6fc11bdecf9af303ad3.jpg.8ef16e0eec843276801851aaad77696e.jpg

Unlike of the custom locations id which are separated by commas, the props guids must be one for each clip name. There is no need to add several varieties of them - just one GUID of the object that you are using in scene. But this is unlikely to solve your problem.

It's hard to tell what might be wrong without seeing what it looks like. You can send me blend and package files via DM to make it easier figure it out.

Hello, I got this error message while trying to import one of the clip from my blender file in S4PE. The second actor clip is working fine. How can I fix this issue? Blender is 2.79 and as I said the second actor animation can be imported without issue. Saving with Blender 2.76 gives the same error. I tried to import the action from the blender file to a new blender file created with 2.76, and it still does not works. For some reason the report still mention blender 2.79 while I used 2.76 the second time.

The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.4.4
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> S4Studio.Blender.BlenderException: 
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\ProgramData\S4Studio\Scripts\clipexporter.py", line 23, in <module>
    save_clip(clip_resource,skeleton,True)
  File "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\s4studio\animation\blender.py", line 217, in save_clip
    matrix_delta = matrix_parent.inverted() * pose_bone.matrix
ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse

à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.RunBlender(String script, String blend, Boolean background, Boolean check_version)
   à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.ImportClip(String custom_blend, String custom_clip, String prefix)
   à S4Studio.ViewModels.Animation.AnimationPackCustomContent.<>c__DisplayClass153_0.<ExecuteImportAnimation>b__0()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
---> (Exception interne #0) S4Studio.Blender.BlenderException: 
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\ProgramData\S4Studio\Scripts\clipexporter.py", line 23, in <module>
    save_clip(clip_resource,skeleton,True)
  File "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\s4studio\animation\blender.py", line 217, in save_clip
    matrix_delta = matrix_parent.inverted() * pose_bone.matrix
ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse

à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.RunBlender(String script, String blend, Boolean background, Boolean check_version)
   à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.ImportClip(String custom_blend, String custom_clip, String prefix)
   à S4Studio.ViewModels.Animation.AnimationPackCustomContent.<>c__DisplayClass153_0.<ExecuteImportAnimation>b__0()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

I think the line "ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse" is the most important part but I don't know what is going on.

I tested everything possible to make it works, such as deleting the appcache file, changed the blender version that S4studio use, changing some bones placements, baking with others blender version, and it's still does not work. What is stupid is it's only the first actor animation which is not working. 

Does someone have any idea?

In the internet some people talk about bones that are scaled 0 on one axis instead of 1 but I don't know what they are talking about. (it's only blender related discussion tho) 

Hum, for some reasons, removing the keyframe n°560 fixed this issue. Do not ask me how I had the idea to remove keyframes apart from all the 1240 keyframes... I really don't know but it worked. I deleted all keyframes and the issue was gone so, by logic, a keyframe was probably the culprit... And it was the case. Unfortunately, I still don't know what caused the issue. I want to know why there was this error so I can fix it easier if ever it's coming back for others animations...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys... I wanted to use wicked whims for an animation - a man standing in front of a sink and shaving his beard. It is not very sexual so far but it is only the start of something nice ? The man is using a razor - this is working so far: I start the animation in game and the man is shaving his beard with the razor as designed in Blender.

A sink is no suitable location for WW so I chose "FLOOR" and then I wanted to move the sim to the suitable location in the room by the "Positioning" function WW offers. And here comes the problem: The razor (the prop / object) stays on the location where the animation started. It does not move by the WW positioning function. Can somebody help me with that?

This is the XML for the prop:

<L n="animation_props_list"> <!-- List of props in this animation -->
        <U> <!-- [START OF PROP ENTRY] -->
          <T n="prop_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this prop, should be 0 if this is the first prop -->
          <T n="prop_type">BASIC</T> <!-- Prop Type of this prop (BASIC) -->
          <T n="prop_guids">17467064742461320887</T> <!-- List of prop GUIDs -->
          <T n="prop_animation_clip_name">KyleWoohoo:PosePack_202104111836419504_set_2</T> <!-- Prop animation ClipName -->
        </U> <!-- [END OF PROP ENTRY] -->
      </L>

In the video you see the animation at it's current state (needs some more detail work but is ok so far)... and from 00:00:30 you see the problem I have after using the positioning function of WW.

4 hours ago, KyleWoohoo said:

Hi guys... I wanted to use wicked whims for an animation - a man standing in front of a sink and shaving his beard. It is not very sexual so far but it is only the start of something nice ? The man is using a razor - this is working so far: I start the animation in game and the man is shaving his beard with the razor as designed in Blender.

A sink is no suitable location for WW so I chose "FLOOR" and then I wanted to move the sim to the suitable location in the room by the "Positioning" function WW offers. And here comes the problem: The razor (the prop / object) stays on the location where the animation started. It does not move by the WW positioning function. Can somebody help me with that?

This is the XML for the prop:

<L n="animation_props_list"> <!-- List of props in this animation -->
        <U> <!-- [START OF PROP ENTRY] -->
          <T n="prop_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this prop, should be 0 if this is the first prop -->
          <T n="prop_type">BASIC</T> <!-- Prop Type of this prop (BASIC) -->
          <T n="prop_guids">17467064742461320887</T> <!-- List of prop GUIDs -->
          <T n="prop_animation_clip_name">KyleWoohoo:PosePack_202104111836419504_set_2</T> <!-- Prop animation ClipName -->
        </U> <!-- [END OF PROP ENTRY] -->
      </L>

In the video you see the animation at it's current state (needs some more detail work but is ok so far)... and from 00:00:30 you see the problem I have after using the positioning function of WW.

You need to select the prop as active when using the position mode from WW, so the prop can be moved aswell. The prop is moving independently so you have to select it manually.

Anyway it’s better if you import directly a sink in blender, animate it with it and add the sink as location for your animation.

you can add sink as custom location.

25 minutes ago, khyan69 said:

You need to select the prop as active when using the position mode from WW, so the prop can be moved aswell. The prop is moving independently so you have to select it manually.

Anyway it’s better if you import directly a sink in blender, animate it with it and add the sink as location for your animation.

you can add sink as custom location.

Thank you for your response @khyan69 . I found out how YrSa made his/her animations on a sink available:

<T n="animation_custom_locations">1081077240, 4027377874, 3728481033, 2599997620, 3754161723, 720227146, 116115490, 2266616284, 1337595682, 913993997, 573427676, 1992667395, 447348271, 2168103588, 2094585462</T> <!-- [OPTIONAL FIELD] List of objects guids where animation can be used -->

For now this solves my problem. But how can I move a WW animation which includes an object like the razor in my case or a dildo? I tried it with an animation by ATrois which uses a dildo. I am not able to select the dildo during the animation separately from the sim using it. I only can click on the sim which makes the WW menu available... and from here I can move the animation / sim by the positioning function. But the dildo stays where the animation started. And I can not select the prop?!

4 hours ago, KyleWoohoo said:

Thank you for your response @khyan69 . I found out how YrSa made his/her animations on a sink available:

<T n="animation_custom_locations">1081077240, 4027377874, 3728481033, 2599997620, 3754161723, 720227146, 116115490, 2266616284, 1337595682, 913993997, 573427676, 1992667395, 447348271, 2168103588, 2094585462</T> <!-- [OPTIONAL FIELD] List of objects guids where animation can be used -->

For now this solves my problem. But how can I move a WW animation which includes an object like the razor in my case or a dildo? I tried it with an animation by ATrois which uses a dildo. I am not able to select the dildo during the animation separately from the sim using it. I only can click on the sim which makes the WW menu available... and from here I can move the animation / sim by the positioning function. But the dildo stays where the animation started. And I can not select the prop?!

it's on the choose actor or something like that on the positioning function menu

Someone know what is the best bone for the tongue to be animated properly in game? there are 4 bones from the tongue. sometimes in blender it looks fine, but in the game, the tongue is not really out of the mouth. it's a bit annoying when you animate the tongue perfectly in blender but it does not look right in game.

2 hours ago, khyan69 said:

Someone know what is the best bone for the tongue to be animated properly in game? there are 4 bones from the tongue. sometimes in blender it looks fine, but in the game, the tongue is not really out of the mouth. it's a bit annoying when you animate the tongue perfectly in blender but it does not look right in game.

I find it's usually best to over-exaggerate the tongue as well as facial expressions. As it always seems like to much in blender and not enough in game. But one of the bones should be  a parent tongue bone, you can use it to pull the entire tongue out further and then animate from there.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:07 AM, bobahloo said:

I find it's usually best to over-exaggerate the tongue as well as facial expressions. As it always seems like to much in blender and not enough in game. But one of the bones should be  a parent tongue bone, you can use it to pull the entire tongue out further and then animate from there.

hm ok thanks.

also I want to animate the bed for my upcoming animation. Do I have to make the bed a third actor as if it was a sim? 

9 hours ago, khyan69 said:

hm ok thanks.

also I want to animate the bed for my upcoming animation. Do I have to make the bed a third actor as if it was a sim? 

you will add it in the XML in the object animation section right under the lines where you add the location. 

<T n="animation_locations">SINGLE_BED, DOUBLE_BED</T>

<!-- List of Location Categories for where this animation can be used at -->

<T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T>

<!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] List of Object WWIDs for where this animation can be used at -->

<T n="object_animation_clip_name">ObjectAnimationClipName</T>         <<<<<-----ADD THE BED ANIMATION HERE

Just now, bobahloo said:

you will add it in the XML in the object animation section right under the lines where you add the location. 

<T n="animation_locations">SINGLE_BED, DOUBLE_BED</T>

<!-- List of Location Categories for where this animation can be used at -->

<T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T>

<!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] List of Object WWIDs for where this animation can be used at -->

<T n="object_animation_clip_name">ObjectAnimationClipName</T>         <<<<<-----ADD THE BED ANIMATION HERE

Thanks. I will work on it after finishing the animation I do 

Anyone know if it’s possible to censor lips just for some frames of an animation (like in the middle of it and then reactivate the lips) ? I know you can add censor for specific frames but don’t know if we can make it reactivate during the animations. 

i have an animation where there is a kiss during the animation and I need this functionality.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.
I would like to create a sex animation with the coffin open.
I have exported a 3dmesh in sims4studio, but I don't know how to open the coffin.
I tried to download and study the animation with the coffin open, but I couldn't figure it out.
I need someone to help me.
I am not very good at English and I am using a translation tool to write.
Please speak in easy English.

52 minutes ago, kentat03030303 said:

Hello.
I would like to create a sex animation with the coffin open.
I have exported a 3dmesh in sims4studio, but I don't know how to open the coffin.
I tried to download and study the animation with the coffin open, but I couldn't figure it out.
I need someone to help me.
I am not very good at English and I am using a translation tool to write.
Please speak in easy English.

you have to open it yourself with the bones of the coffin.

20 minutes ago, Starlet Moon said:

Salut! I hope this is the right topic for this question. I was asked to change my file name and add WW_ at he beginning of it. My question is do I have to also change and add the WW_ to the n location in the XML?Capture.thumb.PNG.6550256ff45aa37e0c4c37c9ac16085a.PNG

Where have you been asked to change which file name? But I think this is not so important: the value in "n" does not need to be the same as the file name. It should be something like "YOUR_NAME:WickedWhimsAnimations" and the the XML file and the value in "s" need to be the calculated hashes. See "2. Create the hash values" here: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4 - so if you do just change the file name you do not neet to change anything more here in your XML file.

6 hours ago, KyleWoohoo said:

Where have you been asked to change which file name? But I think this is not so important: the value in "n" does not need to be the same as the file name. It should be something like "YOUR_NAME:WickedWhimsAnimations" and the the XML file and the value in "s" need to be the calculated hashes. See "2. Create the hash values" here: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4 - so if you do just change the file name you do not neet to change anything more here in your XML file.

I sworn I read the Turbo tutorial good enough. None of the less, so I can just add the WW_ to my file name. So I will name it WW_Starlet Moon Animations. Thank you so much for explaining.

Two questions:

1.) is there any Discord server for wicked whims animation creators? I found discord servers for Blender, for Sims4 machinima creators and for Sims4 pose and animation creators but none for wicked whims animation creators. 

2.) I use the rig from here:

I found out that the penis of the rig is much too big. I don't now how to rig or edit mesh yet but maybe someone can tell me how I get the penis smaller?