The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

4 hours ago, xAhegao said:

What does it mean if my animation looks deformed in the sims game but not in blender?

I didnt move the B_ROOT bone, I baked my animations

What else couldve made it this way? 

Could my XML file be the issue?

Any help is appreciated thank you!

lol.png

blender.png

Think I found your answer way back in the thread  

Sounds like maybe you baked your control rig and not the EA rig. The picture that link takes you to show a pic that looks like your problem. There's more info there about it in reply's under that post. Hope it helps.

10 minutes ago, bobahloo said:

Think I found your answer way back in the thread  

Sounds like maybe you baked your control rig and not the EA rig. The picture that link takes you to show a pic that looks like your problem. There's more info there about it in reply's under that post. Hope it helps.

I did bake the control rig, but maybe im selecting the wrong options when im baking, which options exactly am i supposed to choose?

which one.png

For the love of god, can anyone tell me how to move a parent bone in Blender 2.78 without moving its child, like I can do here in Maya by pressing "D" or "insert" for "move pivot"? The first half of the video is the default (an undesired behavior) and what Blender does, and the second half is what I want instead, easily solvable in Maya.

This ability would save me literally almost half an hour per animation. Does anyone know of a working solution or add-on that doesn't require parenting and re-parenting the child bones? I've downloaded a few add-ons that try to center the parent joint at the 3D cursor, but none of them have worked for me.

17 hours ago, xAhegao said:

I did bake the control rig, but maybe im selecting the wrong options when im baking, which options exactly am i supposed to choose?

which one.png

Uncheck "only selected".  Then check "Visual Keying" and "Clear Constraints".  Make sure you bake the corresponding EA rig, not the control rig. Be sure to have it in pose mode and all bones selected.

1 hour ago, BiffyR said:

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_6B402ABD59EE8787.xml 8.42 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, this is my first custom animation script, and I have not been able to get it to work properly. The first actor animation always works fine, but then the second one is always in a t pose when I load it into the game. I'd appreciate if someone could show me what's wrong.

I'm surprised any of it works, the issue I see is that you have the wrong animation clip names. You need to use the ones s4s set up, not what you renamed them in s4pe.  I don't have you package file so I can't see what they are, but for example they should look like this " bobahloo:PosePack_202011032207230543_set_1 "  Just click on the clip in s4pe and look to the box on the right and you will see the posepack name, use that for actors and for the object animation clip names.

Hope that helps, been working on animations for hours and hours and brain is jello atm, but I didn't see anything else jump out at me

Hello everyone, I have been trying to make my first animation for the last couple days but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed every single step of the turbodriver tutorial on wickedwhims site, but my animation won't load in the sims and I can't understand why, maybe someone will be so kind to put me in the right direction.

I will attach here all the files I'm using for my animation.

I am using the rigs listed to download in this page: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139574/creating-basic-animations-in-blender-1

Softwares used: Blender 2.70a, Sims4Studio, S4pe, Modding Toolbox, The Sims 4 1.66.139.1020

Let me know if I forgot to say something else.

Animation files.rar

58 minutes ago, Dabutcher74 said:

Hello everyone, I have been trying to make my first animation for the last couple days but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed every single step of the turbodriver tutorial on wickedwhims site, but my animation won't load in the sims and I can't understand why, maybe someone will be so kind to put me in the right direction.

I will attach here all the files I'm using for my animation.

I am using the rigs listed to download in this page: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139574/creating-basic-animations-in-blender-1

Softwares used: Blender 2.70a, Sims4Studio, S4pe, Modding Toolbox, The Sims 4 1.66.139.1020

Let me know if I forgot to say something else.

Animation files.rar 5.5 MB · 1 download

Hello, i checked your XML file, im no expert but I think i see where your error is,  where it says animation_clip_name , you put "ReverseDeep"

Here you're supposed to copy your pose packanimation_clip_name.png.41a2c23ea29c86b650e498005120b91a.png

For Example:

<T n="animation_clip_name">Euphoria:PosePack_202011101102077993_set_1</T> <!-- Sim animation ClipName -->

im pretty sure you copy this from your s4pe,

you copy it  from  your CLIP

I highlighted where you can find it

Make sure you do the same thing for line 48 of your code where you put "ReverseDeep" again

You do this for both clips, (both male and female)

I also linked an example of my XML so you know what I mean

im not the best at explaining things but i hope this helped

clip.png

pose pack set 1 and set 2.png

1 hour ago, Euphorias said:

Hello, i checked your XML file, im no expert but I think i see where your error is,  where it says animation_clip_name , you put "ReverseDeep"

Here you're supposed to copy your pose packanimation_clip_name.png.41a2c23ea29c86b650e498005120b91a.png

For Example:

<T n="animation_clip_name">Euphoria:PosePack_202011101102077993_set_1</T> <!-- Sim animation ClipName -->

im pretty sure you copy this from your s4pe,

you copy it  from  your CLIP

I highlighted where you can find it

Make sure you do the same thing for line 48 of your code where you put "ReverseDeep" again

You do this for both clips, (both male and female)

I also linked an example of my XML so you know what I mean

im not the best at explaining things but i hope this helped

clip.png

pose pack set 1 and set 2.png

Finally! You found my error! Thanks so much, I must have missed something in the tutorial. You have been sooo helpful.

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

I was wondering if someone has spotted a kind of collar leash anywhere around. It would be perfect for petplay animations.

Spoiler

peak.png.dd72dad6900f040e30203fc07f53733a.png

So, what i was trying is to attach the asketo or ozzy chain to the neck collar to simulate a leash, so the sited person can hold it. As a pose, it would be ok, but as a animation it didn't work as intended (there is the option to use - bone constraint / child of - and the chain be "holded" in one of it's edges but with 40 bids each of them needs to be animated in each moviment (the retract - expand moviment between the bids)

Someone have done petplay animations with a leash before or have any idea of the best option?

Have a good day everyone xD