The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

• 2 weeks later...

hello!

i'm only a beginner(i started doing animations yesterday) and i'm stuck at the moment.

since i'm a macos user, i can't use s4pe so i'm trying to use s4studio to create a package file. however, i have some problems with that.

here's what i do:

1. i create a clip pack as in TURBODRIVER's tutorial. however, 'data' section in S4Studio has changed and there's nothing similar to what I have to edit in TD's tutorial(so I don't change anything there. is it okay?)

2. i edit xml file. maybe someone can check my xml file and say if there's anything wrong with that? i would appreciate it a lot.

3. here's where a tricky part comes for me. i open my package file in s4studio, go to 'snippet tuning' and paste my the contents of my xml to 'XML' section. it doesn't include the name of my package file(i guess that's important) and i don't know what to change in the 'data' section there. 

obviously, animation doesn't work. it doesn't show up in poses and wickedwhims reports an error every two seconds of the game.

i know that i've probably made a lot of mistakes on my way but i'm just a beginner. 

i would be happy to hear any advice on that since i'm really looking forward to creating more animations!

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_8F2E95A470860DBF.xml

Hi, I wanted to make a couple of animations but I´ve forgotten how to do this very basic thing, and I swear I knew how to do it, but:

How do you extract a custom object from a mod (f.ex. a bed, a bondage cross etc.) to use in blender?

It´s such an obvious thing but I can´t find how to do it anywhere...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: nevermind, figured that out.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, YourNextNeighbour said:

https://imgur.com/a/QwMwlXe

Alright, it was my first attempt, I think i didnt give offsets and wrote wrong clip names?

looks like you may have moved the b_root (in blender) on the sim that is floating in the air. As far as the male and female being in the wrong roles, you may have just put the animation mixed up in the xml or specified male/female with the wrong animation actor.

on your other post looks like again you have moved the b_root in blender, so while in blender it looks fine, but in game this causes the animation to play offset

Im not sure whats going on. Before i dont have this problem.

So, i use this rig:
Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys).blend

Idk why, but boobs physic cause the problem. I get bug every time in the last 100 frame. Always boobs stay in one place for a moment, even if character move.
Hope that smbd know how to get rid of this problem

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alonely said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to put sound in an animation of mine and it's not working, despite me being pretty sure I added the sound correctly. I might be missing something. Does anyone mind taking a look at my CLIP file "Alonely_Simple_Vaginal_M" in this animation package and seeing if they spot something off?

WW_Alonely_Animations.package 1.75 MB · 1 download

Alright I got it to work, but only on the floor/ground version, on the bed which I was originally testing it on still nothing. So I assume you have a different version for the bed? I removed the second vocal event and the one that gets put there automatic the "voc_cas_art-lover" what ever it is, just to make testing easier.

I changed your first sound event (that you added) timecode from 4 which would have been aprox. frame 119 in your animation to 1.6 which is frame 50. I noticed in game it says that the simple vaginal animation is 101 seconds, but I saw in your xml you have it set to loop 10 times.

So I figured the problem was you had your first event at timecode 4 which is around frame 119 and your second one at timecode 7 which is around frame 209 and it couldn't play them because the animation was shorter in length than the timecodes you told them to play at.

Hope that makes sense, I crap at explaining things.?

WW_Alonely_Animations.package

On 8/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, bobahloo said:

Alright I got it to work, but only on the floor/ground version, on the bed which I was originally testing it on still nothing. So I assume you have a different version for the bed? I removed the second vocal event and the one that gets put there automatic the "voc_cas_art-lover" what ever it is, just to make testing easier.

I changed your first sound event (that you added) timecode from 4 which would have been aprox. frame 119 in your animation to 1.6 which is frame 50. I noticed in game it says that the simple vaginal animation is 101 seconds, but I saw in your xml you have it set to loop 10 times.

So I figured the problem was you had your first event at timecode 4 which is around frame 119 and your second one at timecode 7 which is around frame 209 and it couldn't play them because the animation was shorter in length than the timecodes you told them to play at.

Hope that makes sense, I crap at explaining things.?

WW_Alonely_Animations.package 1.75 MB · 1 download

Thanks very much for looking into it! But...hold up for a moment, you're saying that file you attached actually plays sounds for you? My game still doesn't, even when I use your version of my package. I also changed the timecode values on mine to be in increments of .034 and they're still not working for me (by the way, yes, the bed version of the animation is separate; only the one on the floor is affected by our changes). Could you try my edited version here again and see if any of these sounds play for you again?

I appreciate your help!

On 8/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Alonely said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to put sound in an animation of mine and it's not working, despite me being pretty sure I added the sound correctly. I might be missing something. Does anyone mind taking a look at my CLIP file "Alonely_Simple_Vaginal_M" in this animation package and seeing if they spot something off?

WW_Alonely_Animations.package 1.75 MB · 6 downloads

Hey Alonely! I added sounds to your Simple Vaginal animation for the bed and it works in my game. Here's how to do it, btw it's pretty simple - in Blender you select the frame at which the sound should start for example it's a 6 frame. Then you multiply this number by 0.03333334, as here 6 * 0.03333334 = 0,20000004, so this resulting value is the your timecode. The next frame, let's say 20 * 0.03333334 = 0,6666668 and so on. This is a more precise way than adding random values and you can control the exact moment when the needed sound get started.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, bobahloo said:

14 hours ago, GreyNaya said:

Hey Alonely! I added sounds to your Simple Vaginal animation for the bed and it works in my game. Here's how to do it, btw it's pretty simple - in Blender you select the frame at which the sound should start for example it's a 6 frame. Then you multiply this number by 0.03333334, as here 6 * 0.03333334 = 0,20000004, so this resulting value is the your timecode. The next frame, let's say 20 * 0.03333334 = 0,6666668 and so on. This is a more precise way than adding random values and you can control the exact moment when the needed sound get started.

Thank you both very much, bobahloo and GreyNaya! I realized that it was a combination of forgetting the tick length and accidentally keeping in the lip flap censor. Though one more question on that: You would want to have the lip flap censor only during blowjob etc. animations using the mouth, right? Can any sounds still be emitted at all when a Sim's lip flaps are censored, or are even moany-groany sounds unable to sound off if the lips are blocked?

1 hour ago, Alonely said:

Though one more question on that: You would want to have the lip flap censor only during blowjob etc. animations using the mouth, right? Can any sounds still be emitted at all when a Sim's lip flaps are censored, or are even moany-groany sounds unable to sound off if the lips are blocked?

All sounds (soundevents) will work anyway. Clip event censor (S4PE) is only needed to sync with the jaw bone that you did in your animation.

More constructive answer by R-Lo:

On 9/2/2020 at 12:44 AM, asketo said:

All sounds (soundevents) will work anyway. Clip event censor (S4PE) is only needed to sync with the jaw bone that you did in your animation.

More constructive answer by R-Lo:

Thank you asketo, that helps a lot! :D

On 8/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, PZANIM said:

Im not sure whats going on. Before i dont have this problem.

So, i use this rig:
Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys).blend

Idk why, but boobs physic cause the problem. I get bug every time in the last 100 frame. Always boobs stay in one place for a moment, even if character move.
Hope that smbd know how to get rid of this problem

You need to select the _rig_control_female open this drop down box and then select Left.Breast.Phys, then in the property tab you need to select the physics tab, now navigate to Soft Body Cache then make the "End" the same frame as your animation. Repeat this for Right.Breast.Phys and that should help the boob phys run for the entire animation. I hope this helps, sorry for such a late responce.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:13 PM, Estz said:

You still have to bake  it even if it's a pose. You are using a control rig , so your keyframes is in the control rig, not Ea's rig.

Click the unhide hidden bones ( the ghost icon)

Make sure all the keyframes is selected in the  control rig.

Go to ea's rig. Select all bones in ea's rig. Click pose, animation, bake action.

Make sure visual keying is selected, make sure pose is selected and click ok.

It will bake your animation into the ea rig.

Hide contents

Screenshot_9.png.a872dec7b8c6d82ce6aa0388e13031b6.png

Screenshot_10.png.1ccb6183d4d420e9ceef101f0da9e18a.png

Screenshot_11.png.a2c8d7b6f0d5d4f94cc2e843ca74fa31.png

Screenshot_12.png.49cbf6dc9c593ea5f21f977b131c22a6.png

Sorry to bring up an old post. I am trying to do the same thing. I can select all the key frames in the control rig, but when I try to select the EA rig it doesn't give me an option to go into pose mode. If I try to bake in object mode it tells me there is nothing to bake. Any suggestions?

Also where is the unhide all bones for the EA rig...

8 hours ago, hernadezb006 said:

Sorry to bring up an old post. I am trying to do the same thing. I can select all the key frames in the control rig, but when I try to select the EA rig it doesn't give me an option to go into pose mode. If I try to bake in object mode it tells me there is nothing to bake. Any suggestions?

Also where is the unhide all bones for the EA rig...

I think I have helped you solve this problem in a private message, you can unhide hidden bones by using alt+h, you can hide bones again by selecting them and hitting h.

• 2 weeks later...