The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

1 hour ago, Cyber_Samurai said:

Hello. Tell me please. After baking the animation on the male rig, the body moves incorrectly, after reverse conversion from S4S. In the game itself, the legs come off chaotically from the floor. Tell me what could be the problem. This happens every other time...

3.blend 4.98 MB · 0 downloads after s4s.blend 4.1 MB · 0 downloads

seems to be an issue with baking. But you can remove the first frame of your animation. Looking at the graph, it seems that the first frame has some issue, and removing it somewhat fix it. 

I don't know what is the culprit because you will need to share more informations about what you did.

• 2 weeks later...

Khlas, first let me thank you for all your help so far.  Sorry, I disappeared for a bit. I was having fun with Covid and lost track of this.  So what I'm trying to do is animate a sofa masturbation scene. I want the character to raise his hips up off the couch and thrust into his hand. I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing to accomplish this.  I've attached the blender file.

couch_stroke_male1.blend

1 hour ago, FelixFaust313 said:

Khlas, first let me thank you for all your help so far.  Sorry, I disappeared for a bit. I was having fun with Covid and lost track of this.  So what I'm trying to do is animate a sofa masturbation scene. I want the character to raise his hips up off the couch and thrust into his hand. I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing to accomplish this.  I've attached the blender file.

couch_stroke_male1.blend 5.92 MB · 1 download

you can use one of the constraint from your rig called Body to move your sim up. Since hands and feet seems to be IK'ed, only the body should move. then you have to adjust the rest of the bones to make it looks right.

Probably a stupid question but i'm curious if it's possible to set it to "Random" when a sim receives Cum. By that I mean the XML. For instance, I've been thinking about "Doctor" and "Patient" animations and one would be an "Insemination" with a GTW object but of course the "Doctor" sim would still be set as the donor. But, what if I wanted to have a female "Doctor" sim who "Cannot Get Others Pregnant".

Does the Sperm Donor always have to be another eligible sim in the existing animation?

I'd love if a true "Sperm Donation" were possible with it being any eligible sim in the existing save but that's probably asking a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this would be the proper place to ask this but is there any up-to-date documentation for how to properly rig or weight paint body parts for use with WW, in particular penis meshes? I've wanted to try making my own and have messed around with editing some of Simdulgence's meshes to start with, but as soon as I export the meshes from S4S, edit in blender, and then re-import them the meshes break in game. I figured it was due to the mesh not being assigned to a rig with penis bones. I downloaded the rigs that Turbodriver provides on his site and found an old tutorial for manually assigning groups of verticies to specific bones, but the final result was pretty janky to say the least when it came to use in animations.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, FelixFaust313 said:

So I created my first animation. For some reason my toon is balled up in to a knot. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Capture.JPG

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_F05C62A358C33AD2.xml 6.29 kB · 0 downloads

Did you… removed the bones parent and child of the rig?

you shouldn’t do that.

if it’s not the case, you did not baked your animation before importing on S4studio.

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:

Did you… removed the bones parent and child of the rig?

you shouldn’t do that.

if it’s not the case, you did not baked your animation before importing on S4studio.

I'm pretty sure I didn't bake the animation.  I don't recall seeing instructions on that in TurboDriver's tutorial. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do that?

16 minutes ago, FelixFaust313 said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't bake the animation.  I don't recall seeing instructions on that in TurboDriver's tutorial. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do that?

nowhere, but since you use a control rig I suppose, you have to bake it into the base rig.

Select the Rig (not control rig). click right + select to be sure

then go into pose --> Animation --> bake action.

Here you check visual keying, clear constraints, Pose
Then OK. You wait. Done

in some cases you have to overwritte current action, but only on some cases where it adds another action instead of overwritting the current one. Actions is just the name used by Blender, but in fact it's just animations or poses. 

Edited by Khlas
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Bardø said:

Is there a way to make the stigmata bones of the WW-Rig visible/usable, while being in pose mode? They're in the "None_Amateure_Data" but not usable in pose mode.

They are usable. Just click on the bone from the list where all bones are and right click + unhide 

Hey all,

I'm not an WW animator (yet), but I have a few questions concerning the animation data you provide to WW.

I'm trying to figure out how to write code to check if a Sim is being penetrated or if they are the penetrator. Some scenarios are fairly straight forward like when there's only 2 actors, the actors are MF, and the category is Vaginal. However, there's dozens of other situations with couples/groups and different sex categories that makes simple logic near impossible.

In the below data example (shortened, not all data shown)

actor_data =   ID: 0 (Original: 0)
  Actions:
    Receiver ID: 1
    Receiver Sex Category: SexCategoryType.ORALJOB
    Receiver Cum Layers: DISABLED
    Receiver Cum Inside: False
actor_data =   ID: 1 (Original: 1)
  Actions:
    Receiver ID: 0

In some data, the "Receiver Cum Layers" helps me determine who would receive cum, which is a good hint at who is being penetrated. However, animations like the one above, doesn't tell me who is giving oral sex to who. Are there other data elements that you use that can help coders understand what is happening in the animation? Or are these data items not reliable enough for us (coders) to use for this type of inspection/check/test?

thanks

2 hours ago, sirsleepy said:

Hey all,

I'm not an WW animator (yet), but I have a few questions concerning the animation data you provide to WW.

I'm trying to figure out how to write code to check if a Sim is being penetrated or if they are the penetrator. Some scenarios are fairly straight forward like when there's only 2 actors, the actors are MF, and the category is Vaginal. However, there's dozens of other situations with couples/groups and different sex categories that makes simple logic near impossible.

In the below data example (shortened, not all data shown)

Actions:
  Actions:

In some data, the "Receiver Cum Layers" helps me determine who would receive cum, which is a good hint at who is being penetrated. However, animations like the one above, doesn't tell me who is giving oral sex to who. Are there other data elements that you use that can help coders understand what is happening in the animation? Or are these data items not reliable enough for us (coders) to use for this type of inspection/check/test?

thanks

why you don’t use the receiver sex category function?

17 minutes ago, sirsleepy said:

Probably because I didn't know about it? :) I'll look into that to see if I can figure it out. Thanks again!

Actions:

I mean for me there, you tell that the actor "1" is receiving an oraljob. so if actor "0" is doing the oraljob, just mark it as "none" or something like this for the actor "0".

You can tell who is receiving and the category and for the giver just link it to the receiver actor. Idon't think you can set directly givers roles, only receiver. Giver role are established directly with the animation category, like if it's an anal and you set a receiver as "anal", then the giver will be the one with "none" as receiving, but WW will know that the giver perform anal to the receiver.

Sorry if it's not clear enough.

HOWEVER with the new patreon version, you can actually chose roles directly in game to change the existing animations with the wrong tag (or if people just want to switch around giver/receiver). 

Maybe it's possible to set directly giver with code but when doing animations we don't do that we only tell who is receiving what and from which actor.

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:
Actions:

I mean for me there, you tell that the actor "1" is receiving an oraljob. so if actor "0" is doing the oraljob, just mark it as "none" or something like this for the actor "0".

You can tell who is receiving and the category and for the giver just link it to the receiver actor. Idon't think you can set directly givers roles, only receiver. Giver role are established directly with the animation category, like if it's an anal and you set a receiver as "anal", then the giver will be the one with "none" as receiving, but WW will know that the giver perform anal to the receiver.

Sorry if it's not clear enough.

HOWEVER with the new patreon version, you can actually chose roles directly in game to change the existing animations with the wrong tag (or if people just want to switch around giver/receiver). 

Maybe it's possible to set directly giver with code but when doing animations we don't do that we only tell who is receiving what and from which actor.

Thanks the way you explained it was how I first thought it would work and how some animations seem to look to me, but when looking at:

This is 2 actors from same animation:

Actions:

Actions:

How do you know 1 is receiving from 0? Because I see it as 0 receiving from 1 (in first actor_data=0) and 1 is receiving from 0 (in second actor_data=1). To me, it looks like both are receiving.  Maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly, because my initial impression is how you explain it, but in this animation, I can't see that pattern, because both look like they have receivers. 

Edited by sirsleepy
45 minutes ago, sirsleepy said:

Thanks the way you explained it was how I first thought it would work and how some animations seem to look to me, but when looking at:

This is 2 actors from same animation:

Actions:

Actions:

How do you know 1 is receiving from 0? Because I see it as 0 receiving from 1 (in first actor_data=0) and 1 is receiving from 0 (in second actor_data=1). To me, it looks like both are receiving.  Maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly, because my initial impression is how you explain it, but in this animation, I can't see that pattern, because both look like they have receivers. 

From my tuning file :

<U>  <----(TOP/GIVER)
          <T n="actor_id">0</T> 
          <T n="animation_clip_name">hardpoundbedtest_a0</T>

<T n="animation_type">ANAL</T> 

<T n="animation_genders">MALE</T> 
          <T n="animation_pref_gender">MALE</T> 

<T n="animation_outfit_category">CURRENT_OUTFIT</T> 
          <T n="animation_naked_type">BOTTOM</T> 
          <T n="animation_force_nude_hands">0</T> 
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T> 
          <T n="animation_allow_strapon">0</T> 

<L n="actor_interactions"> 
            <U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">ANAL</T> 
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">NONE</T> 
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">1</T> 
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> 

<U> <----(BOTTOM/RECEIVER)
          <T n="actor_id">1</T> 
          <T n="animation_clip_name">hardpoundbedtest_a1</T> 

<T n="animation_type">NONE</T> 

<U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> 
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">NONE</T> 
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> 

Here is an example of how this works.

Actor 0 is the giver, while actor 1 is the receiver, so what I did is to link each actor with the giver or receiver. They are all receivers in some way, it's true. For example, here it's an anal animation, so 0 is performing anal to 1. But to set 0 as giver, you should just add in the receiving role NONE value. Because 0 is doing anal but he receives nothing from 1. If you set it as none for 0 and anal for 1, then WW will recognizes that 0 is doing anal to 1. And since 0 has NONE has value in the receiving function, WW will recognizes that 1 is doing nothing to 0.

You link them just by adding the receiving_actor_id for each actors. So yeah you have to add receiver for each actors apparently, even for the actual receiver. Because a male top for example can receive oral from a bottom, so he is a receiver. It's based on the type of animation.

Animation type can help too, because in my tuning example, I set the bottom as none since he does not performing anal, while the top (actor 0) does perform anal.

Because it says that actor 0 is performing anal. However maybe it's a mistake to my part there and I should add it to both actors, but I don't know. I never had issues in my game, the top/bottom always have the correct role, and WickedPerversions seems to works fine with my animations with the virginity system.

Edited by Khlas
8 minutes ago, Khlas said:

From my tuning file :

<U>  <----(TOP/GIVER)
          <T n="actor_id">0</T> 
          <T n="animation_clip_name">hardpoundbedtest_a0</T>

<U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">ANAL</T> 
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">1</T> 
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> 

<U> <----(BOTTOM/RECEIVER)
          <T n="actor_id">1</T> 
          <T n="animation_clip_name">hardpoundbedtest_a1</T> 

<T n="animation_type">NONE</T> 

<U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> 
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">NONE</T> 
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> 

Here is an example of how this works.

Actor 0 is the giver, while actor 1 is the receiver, so what I did is to link each actor with the giver or receiver. They are all receivers in some way, it's true. For example, here it's an anal animation, so 0 is performing anal to 1. But to set 0 as giver, you should just add in the receiving role NONE value. Because 0 is doing anal but he receives nothing from 1. If you set it as none for 0 and anal for 1, then WW will recognizes that 0 is doing anal to 1. And since 0 has NONE has value in the receiving function, WW will recognizes that 1 is doing nothing to 0.

You link them just by adding the receiving_actor_id for each actors. So yeah you have to add receiver for each actors apparently, even for the actual receiver. Because a male top for example can receive oral from a bottom, so he is a receiver. It's based on the type of animation.

Animation type can help too, because in my tuning example, I set the bottom as none since he does not performing anal, while the top (actor 0) does perform anal.

Because it says that actor 0 is performing anal. However maybe it's a mistake to my part there and I should add it to both actors, but I don't know. I never had issues in my game, the top/bottom always have the correct role, and WickedPerversions seems to works fine with my animations with the virginity system.

Thanks. Maybe it's just that animation that I'm looking at that wasn't correctly filled out, because your example makes sense and looks like some of the other data I've seen.  The category and cum layers should look exactly like you have it (NONE) rather than having 2 actors with the same data (as shown in my example).

Hey guys, noob here that’s stuck on the official WW tutorial.

Followed it through twice but I can’t get my test animation to appear in-game. I know I’m just being an idiot and misunderstood something along the way but as I’ve gone through it twice now I’m a bit stumped.

Attached is my .package and .blend files. I just rushed together a test animation so I could get down the basics first before diving into the other rigs.

I’m running the latest version of WW and Sims 4 and adding in other people’s animations works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Test.package Dulse_Test_Animation_female_e3.blend Dulse_Test_Animation_male_e5.blend

@lehax

in your XML the animation clip names are missing. For actor 0 for example:

<T n="animation_clip_name">AnimationClipName1x</T> 

Here needs to be the defined the clip name as you find it in your CLIP file, in your case Dulse:PosePack_202202130030195325_set_2 or Dulse:PosePack_202202130030195325_set_1. When you add the clip files to your package you can click on the clicp file and see the name on the right side

screenshot.PNG.760af879571c710a190f52b552e33bd6.PNG

5 hours ago, Kyle Woohoo said:

@lehax

in your XML the animation clip names are missing. For actor 0 for example:

<T n="animation_clip_name">AnimationClipName1x</T> 

Here needs to be the defined the clip name as you find it in your CLIP file, in your case Dulse:PosePack_202202130030195325_set_2 or Dulse:PosePack_202202130030195325_set_1. When you add the clip files to your package you can click on the clicp file and see the name on the right side

screenshot.PNG.760af879571c710a190f52b552e33bd6.PNG

Thank you so much! Got it working now.

I stupidly assumed that was just for a generic clip which is why I left it blank.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get butt jiggle in my animation? I want to animate the butt like this from E404P's animation packs:

https://files.catbox.moe/o8zkdy.webm

https://files.catbox.moe/c812k4.webm

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I've been told it involves some trick in Blender with the pelvis bone. Simply animating the pelvis doesn't work because everything below them are child bones.

I'm assuming there is no way to effectively override the wickedwhims rig with butt bones.

Edited by dannysdb5