The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

1 hour ago, KyleWoohoo said:

Two questions:

1.) is there any Discord server for wicked whims animation creators? I found discord servers for Blender, for Sims4 machinima creators and for Sims4 pose and animation creators but none for wicked whims animation creators. 

2.) I use the rig from here:

I found out that the penis of the rig is much too big. I don't now how to rig or edit mesh yet but maybe someone can tell me how I get the penis smaller?

You have to import the penis mesh yourself, some has already penises mesh just you have to hide/unhide them on blender

4 hours ago, Khlas said:

You have to import the penis mesh yourself, some has already penises mesh just you have to hide/unhide them on blender

When I open the rig in blender I only see rig controls and the rig itself but no mesh. I am sorry but I really do not know how these rigs are built. When I open the rig in the outliner there are body parts like top and bottom. I can hide bottom as a whole but I do not see how I could hide or change the penis mesh?!

1 hour ago, KyleWoohoo said:

When I open the rig in blender I only see rig controls and the rig itself but no mesh. I am sorry but I really do not know how these rigs are built. When I open the rig in the outliner there are body parts like top and bottom. I can hide bottom as a whole but I do not see how I could hide or change the penis mesh?!

As I said, you have to import the mesh with the penis manually, then you link the mesh with the penis to the rig armature. Use S4studio for this or rig that already have the penis bottom. You append the penis bottom from the rig that have it to the one you want to use.

Penis mesh are built with the bottom. They are tied together. The penis mesh is in fact not a "penis mesh" but a modified bottom mesh.

33 minutes ago, Starlet Moon said:

Salut! I how do I get item to stay in the hand?

sius.png.14ade5d970bccca06a041f48d620d044.png

Hey! Apply one of the bone constraints to the props you need, specifically Child Of.

313997770_bandicam2021-05-2323-47-43-627.jpg.4f4a1ed073bbe2c3421a788ee1c3dc41.jpg

416171697_bandicam2021-05-2323-46-28-983.jpg.28ac2d19c4489572f17cb47fc166ba45.jpg

I also recommend to watch this short vid about this incredibly useful feature

1 hour ago, Starlet Moon said:

Salut! I how do I get item to stay in the hand?

sius.png.14ade5d970bccca06a041f48d620d044.png

Salut @Starlet Moon. Utilise les constraints pour garder le gode dans sa main.

Object constraints while selecting the dildo --> constraint copy location + rot or copy transform --> rig target you want, bone target you want (certainly stigmata or hand in this case) --> adjust it with the options (influence, after/before/replace, etc). You will certainly have to adjust it properly.

EDIT: You don't even need to use the "child of" constraint but it's a matter of taste, you can do what Greynaja said. I can help you in french if needed via mp if you prefer.

1 hour ago, Starlet Moon said:

@GreyNaya Thank you so much for the help and the video. @Khlas Merci pour l'aide. Si cela ne vous dérange pas, je pourrais utiliser un peu plus d'aide. Puis-je vous contacter dans des messages privés?

ofc, seulement si tu me tutoies par contre

Hello,

I have a little issue that make my animation time process way longer than expected since a few days. I think I changed an option by mistake but I don't know which one. I try to explain :

Normally, when you reset the locrotscale of a bone in pose mode, it will register automatically in blender if you activate the option to do so. But, my issue is, when I do this, it seems to register as keyframe but in fact it does not register it when I add another movement to the same bone in next frames. It's as if the next frames will replace the previous frames that I reseted (using alt+R+G). Also copy/pasta will not even work I have to edit it manually (WTF). I only got this issue recently for only a .blend save I use. Maybe I explained poorly sorry for that but I don't really know how to explain it properly. anyone know how I can fix it so even the reset of bones position are registered and will not be replaced automatically by others keyframes?

Also it seems that sometimes it does this for some keyframes in general, it's a bit annoying and can fuck up all my animation. Maybe I activated a function where next keyframes replace previous one for some reasons? Thank you in advance if ever you know about this issue

Nevermind I fixed it.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:45 AM, Khlas said:

you have to open it yourself with the bones of the coffin.

Hello,again.

I exported the coffin mesh, detached the bones and opened the lid.
The blender file of the coffin with the lid open was clipped in sims4studio.
I then specified it as an object clip in xml.
However, ingame, the coffin lid does not open.
I want to keep the lid of the coffin open during the WW animation.
What should I do?

coffin2.blend

2 hours ago, kentat03030303 said:

Hello,again.

I exported the coffin mesh, detached the bones and opened the lid.
The blender file of the coffin with the lid open was clipped in sims4studio.
I then specified it as an object clip in xml.
However, ingame, the coffin lid does not open.
I want to keep the lid of the coffin open during the WW animation.
What should I do?

coffin2.blend 1.26 MB · 0 downloads

Your animation wasn't loc rot to the bones of the coffin rig. try with this file. Also it's not a prop clip, so you have to add the line of the object animation just after the location in the xml. 

<T n="object_animation_clip_name">ObjectAnimationClipName</T>

coffin.blend

34 minutes ago, Khlas said:

Your animation wasn't loc rot to the bones of the coffin rig. try with this file. Also it's not a prop clip, so you have to add the line of the object animation just after the location in the xml. 

<T n="object_animation_clip_name">ObjectAnimationClipName</T>

coffin.blend 979.04 kB · 0 downloads

I appreciate your reply.
After all, the lid of the coffin did not open.
Is my xml wrong?
Or am I wrong in the part where I import the blender file into sims4studio, export it to clips and headers, and then import it into package?

coffinxml.jpg

2 hours ago, kentat03030303 said:

I appreciate your reply.
After all, the lid of the coffin did not open.
Is my xml wrong?
Or am I wrong in the part where I import the blender file into sims4studio, export it to clips and headers, and then import it into package?

coffinxml.jpg

send me your file .package and .blend so I can take a look at what is wrong

1 hour ago, kentat03030303 said:

Your clips are not at the same lenght, fix the lenght so they match each other in s4studio or in blender increasing the frames. Also, they should both start at 0 not 1.

also this line :

<T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T>

is useless to me but I can be wrong.

3 hours ago, Khlas said:

Your clips are not at the same lenght, fix the lenght so they match each other in s4studio or in blender increasing the frames. Also, they should both start at 0 not 1.

also this line :

<T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T>

is useless to me but I can be wrong.

I made the length of male clip and coffin clip the same.
Both started with 0 frames.
<T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T
was cut from the xml.
However, the coffin still does not open.
Do you have any idea what else I'm doing wrong?

Hi! I'm having trouble making my props move. They stay on the ground when the animation starts.

Here is what I do:

1. Open the edited female rig in Blender
  2. Append the Ankle Ropes object by A. Trois by exporting its mesh from Sims 4 Studio, clicking "append," going into the "object" folder, selecting "rig" "s4studio_mesh_0" and "s4studio_mesh_1", and clicking "append"
  3. Animate my sim and the object at the same time. When I animate I press A to select all, then I to LocRot, so then I can see all the bones in the dope sheet. I don't know what I'm supposed to select when moving the rope, so I select everything ("rig" "s4studio_mesh_0" and "s4studio_mesh_1") and move it around when animating it. In this animation I just moved it up a few inches so it looked like it was around the ankles of a standing sim.
  4. When I've animated both the sim and the prop, I save the file as "Animationname_Both".
  5. Delete the object mesh and rig and saved only the sim in its own file, named "Animationname_sim"
  6. Re-open the "both" file, delete the sim rig and mesh and saved only the object to "Animationname_prop"
  7. Open my WW_Animations package in Sims 4 Studio. Add the Sim file and the Prop file as clips.
  8. In the XML file, add the sim animation ClipName after <T n="animation_clip_name"> in the actors section
  9. Add the prop animation ClipName after <T n="prop_animation_clip_name"> in the props section.
  10. Save
  11. Open the WW_Animations package in S4PE
  12. Import the newly edited XML file, save the package
  13. Copy the package into a folder that just contains WickedWhims (package and script) and the prop package.
  14. Move this folder into my Sims 4 mods folder.

Then I start the game, click the floor > WW > the category > the animation, and... The prop doesn't move. It spawns, but stays locked to the ground and it has no animations. The sim actor moves just like it should.

The weird part is that I made a test animation using the CherryPie cum mesh and I did all the above steps to use that as a prop, and that worked perfectly. It animated in-game and everything. I've tried a bunch of other props, both custom and not, and I can't make any of them move except the cum mesh.

1 hour ago, Usulama said:

Hi! I'm having trouble making my props move. They stay on the ground when the animation starts.

Here is what I do:

1. Animate my sim and the object at the same time. When I animate I press A to select all, then I to LocRot, so then I can see all the bones in the dope sheet. I don't know what I'm supposed to select when moving the rope, so I select everything ("rig" "s4studio_mesh_0" and "s4studio_mesh_1")

This is your issue. You shouldn't do that when animating object, even sims. select the rig first and go into pose mode or else you will select the mesh Object aswell and you don't want to do that, since moving the mesh will not register any animation even if there is keyframes.

You should select the bones from the rope called "transform bone" that is used to animate. If the mesh you use is not rigged, known as weight painted to the rig itself, it will just not works so you wil have to weight paint it yourself. If the rope is used for animations then you should be capable to animate it using the bones of the rope, but never select the mesh to animate an object. To check if the object is weight painted, just move the bone called "transformbone". If the mesh does not move, then you have to rig it and all, can be a bit tedious for the import in S4studio.

I think you don't need to bake your animations since you don't mention using any control rigs. Moreover, you have to check in sims4studio the timeline to see if the clips timers match.

If the prop spawned your issue is not XML related and I'm fairly confident that your issue is :

1°) a timeline issue

2°) a mesh not properly weight painted to the rig (worst scenario unless you already know how to deal with this)

3°) you animated the object using the mesh and not the bones of the mesh (thus you will have to redo the rope animation if this is the case).

25 minutes ago, Khlas said:

This is your issue. You shouldn't do that when animating object, even sims. select the rig first and go into pose mode or else you will select the mesh Object aswell and you don't want to do that, since moving the mesh will not register any animation even if there is keyframes.

You should select the bones from the rope called "transform bone" that is used to animate. If the mesh you use is not rigged, known as weight painted to the rig itself, it will just not works so you wil have to weight paint it yourself. If the rope is used for animations then you should be capable to animate it using the bones of the rope, but never select the mesh to animate an object. To check if the object is weight painted, just move the bone called "transformbone". If the mesh does not move, then you have to rig it and all, can be a bit tedious for the import in S4studio.

I think you don't need to bake your animations since you don't mention using any control rigs. Moreover, you have to check in sims4studio the timeline to see if the clips timers match.

If the prop spawned your issue is not XML related and I'm fairly confident that your issue is :

1°) a timeline issue

2°) a mesh not properly weight painted to the rig (worst scenario unless you already know how to deal with this)

3°) you animated the object using the mesh and not the bones of the mesh (thus you will have to redo the rope animation if this is the case).

Bonne information.

2 hours ago, Khlas said:

You should select the bones from the rope called "transform bone" that is used to animate.

This was it! Because I'm pretty new to Blender I didn't spot what "mode" I was working in. I didn't realize it was in object mode and not pose mode. Once I switched to pose mode and made a keyframe, the "transform bone" bone appeared in the list, and now I can make the props move! Thank you so much.

36 minutes ago, Usulama said:

This was it! Because I'm pretty new to Blender I didn't spot what "mode" I was working in. I didn't realize it was in object mode and not pose mode. Once I switched to pose mode and made a keyframe, the "transform bone" bone appeared in the list, and now I can make the props move! Thank you so much.

No problem, glad it worked for you.

Hi guys... I worked several days now on a bathtub animation and I really want to finish it now.  What is missing for me to finish it is the water. I have no clue how to get water into the bathtub. I checked the XML file of another animation creator and found out that there is a separate CLIP file for the bathtub defined. So I think I need to animate the water somehow into the bathtub object I used in my Blender file?! I don't know how to do this. Can somebody give me a hint?

Edited by KyleWoohoo
56 minutes ago, KyleWoohoo said:

Hi guys... I worked several days now on a bathtub animation and I really want to finish it now.  What is missing for me to finish it is the water. I have no clue how to get water into the bathtub. I checked the XML file of another animation creator and found out that there is a separate CLIP file for the bathtub defined. So I think I need to animate the water somehow into the bathtub object I used in my Blender file?! I don't know how to do this. Can somebody give me a hint?

there should be a rigged plane in the bathtub rig that can be used to raise the water level/animate. Never actually used it, but I believe  this is an alpha plane that will show as water in game. You then will need to add the bathtub clip in the object animation in the xml1724517468_bathtubwaterrig.png.d981efeafa76961ad2bc5315106ed2d0.png

Edited by bobahloo
forgot something in post
1 hour ago, bobahloo said:

there should be a rigged plane in the bathtub rig that can be used to raise the water level/animate. Never actually used it, but I believe  this is an alpha plane that will show as water in game. You then will need to add the bathtub clip in the object animation in the xml

Thank you a thousand times!!!!! You made my day.... no... my whole week ?