The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

39 minutes ago, Khlas said:

I don't understand that last part of your sentence, but you can add sounds after you are done with your package, and usually it's what you should do anyway. On S4PE, click on the clip you want to add sounds, and GRID. There you will have the option to add sounds from the bottom a the new window that will open. the lip supression should be already there automatically, but you can remove it if you want your sims to have the lip synch. However, if it's a blowjob scene it's better to keep that censor for the one sucking, at least for the frames of your clip when he does.

Then for adding sounds it's tedious depending of the lenght of your animation, if it's just a ~300 frames maximum it's not that bad. But over it it could be annoying. 
You need to download the TS4SoundTool where you can find the right code for the sounds you want. 

thank you, you answered my first question! However i’m still left confused on why no sound plays despite me following the steps for making clip event sounds. are you saying i have to make a clip event sound for every single frame so that the sound plays correctly? Because i’ve just been putting a single clip event sound and then I thought it would just play out the sound lol. 

edit: heres a picture of what i have.

Capture.PNG

Edited by filipinodump
Add pics
2 minutes ago, filipinodump said:

thank you, you answered my first question! However i’m still left confused on why no sound plays despite me following the steps for making clip event sounds. are you saying i have to make a clip event sound for every single frame so that the sound plays correctly? Because i’ve just been putting a single clip event sound and then I thought it would just play out the sound lol. 

some sounds doesn't work or are just so low you can't hear them. You don't have to put sounds for each frames but all sounds have duration. If you add sound without specifying the frame the sounds should play it will not work

36 minutes ago, Khlas said:

some sounds doesn't work or are just so low you can't hear them. You don't have to put sounds for each frames but all sounds have duration. If you add sound without specifying the frame the sounds should play it will not work

hmm i understand that and i have been using the sound tool, but still for some reason i can’t hear a thing. i’ve been testing out multiple sounds too so i’m not sure what i’m doing wrong. I edited my post above to show a pic of what i have, is there something wrong with it? and i noticed that there a are different variations in the sound tool, is there a way to specify a specific variation of the sound or does it play randomly? 

Sorry for bothering, you have helped me so much in so little time, so thank you so much. 

1 hour ago, filipinodump said:

edit: heres a picture of what i have.

Capture.PNG

I don't recognize this sound, try removing "_MB"

28 minutes ago, Khlas said:

I don't recognize this sound, try removing "_MB"

thank you that worked! i guess i was confused because the sounds list adds those suffixes to differentiate the voice actors, but i guess they aren’t needed anymore! thank you so much! i can finally move in and start animating more stuff now that i know everything works as intended. I can’t wait to share! 

2 hours ago, filipinodump said:

thank you that worked! i guess i was confused because the sounds list adds those suffixes to differentiate the voice actors, but i guess they aren’t needed anymore! thank you so much! i can finally move in and start animating more stuff now that i know everything works as intended. I can’t wait to share! 

Keep me updated ?

20 hours ago, filipinodump said:

hi everyone here.
filipinodump, correct, the suffixes are not needed. they are a reference to gender/age/voice type of a sim.

when you are searching for a sound in the sfx.txt for example, take out the suffixe ant test it in the soundtool. Copy the soundtool sound name to declare the sound name in the s4pe. But why the suffixe? In the attached image here it shows a "vo_coffin_sleep_slumber_x_", in this case, FA, FC and FD are female sounds. MA, MB, MC are male sounds. The ones that starts with a T (TFA, TFC, TMA) are teen sounds (teen female and teen male). And the last letter in the suffixe refers to voice type (in game feature), cause sims have differents "major voice types", something you can change for your sim in the cas.

Sem título.png

Edited by QuinSims

And inside the sound event/ voice type, it will display a diferent number of "samples". Those are variations for the same sound. In the moment defined by you, the game can play any of the variations, it will be choosen randomcally, so if we have three variations for the same sound/actor, all three can be played by the game.

When i'm testing a sound, i generally test all types, baceuse we can have unpleseant surprises and if a want a good pleasure sound for a female sim for example, i will check all possibilities. Think about a sound that have three variants (samples) for female sims with voice type one (it will possibly have three for the voice type two and three for voice type three, but i'm checking only the voice type one in this example):

the first one is a "ohhh uhhh mmmm uhhh"
the socond one is "mmm mmm uhh mmm" 
but the third one is a "YUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII UH WOOOO HOOO"

so it's a no for me, because the third variant, if played, will make the user lose his/her audition (ea does this a lot)

Edited by QuinSims

sorry me again lol, but i just had another question, i have an animation with two characters and their animation is displaying correctly for each character in the game, however the rigs are on top of each other when they play out. instead of how they are in blender, it’s as if the game doesn’t take account of the location change of the secondary character and just placed them on the origin. i’m assuming this isn’t how it is suppose to happen and was wondering what i did wrong to have this occur. 

as of right now i was able to do a work around by offsetting the second characters X Axis in the XML file and it looks fine this way, however i plan on making animations with multiple characters in it and i doubt this would be doable with the workaround. 

Edited by filipinodump
44 minutes ago, filipinodump said:

sorry me again lol, but i just had another question, i have an animation with two characters and their animation is displaying correctly for each character in the game, however the rigs are on top of each other when they play out. instead of how they are in blender, it’s as if the game doesn’t take account of the location change of the secondary character and just placed them on the origin. i’m assuming this isn’t how it is suppose to happen and was wondering what i did wrong to have this occur. 

as of right now i was able to do a work around by offsetting the second characters X Axis in the XML file and it looks fine this way, however i plan on making animations with multiple characters in it and i doubt this would be doable with the workaround. 

You probably moved them using the model instead of a bone, so they stay at the 0 axis because the game only recognize bones for animations.

Edited by Khlas

Hello everyone! I have an issue that I have no idea how to solve and I was wondering if any of you knew the fix?

So I have a custom object with a custom rig that I animated in blender. After baking and everything, I added it to to XML (with proper GUIDS and such) and it seems to work...except the only bone that animates is the transform bone. Here's what is looks like in game vs in blender. Does anyone know what the problem is???

Attached is what the animation looks like in game vs in blender.

ugh.png

guhh2.png

53 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

Hello everyone! I have an issue that I have no idea how to solve and I was wondering if any of you knew the fix?

So I have a custom object with a custom rig that I animated in blender. After baking and everything, I added it to to XML (with proper GUIDS and such) and it seems to work...except the only bone that animates is the transform bone. Here's what is looks like in game vs in blender. Does anyone know what the problem is???

Attached is what the animation looks like in game vs in blender.

ugh.png

guhh2.png

you need to add the bones on S4studio aswell or else the game will not recognize it. I don't know if you did it. I did it for a fleshlight and my barbell mesh object.

You need to add the bones hash also, on s4studio aswell, using the name of the bones you added.

Transform_bone is added by default since you certainly cloned an object. So I'm confident it's what you need to do.

if you made it works, I will have a question if you don't mind, but after you fixed it. 

Edited by Khlas
10 minutes ago, Khlas said:

you need to add the bones on S4studio aswell or else the game will not recognize it. I don't know if you did it. I did it for a fleshlight and my barbell mesh object.

You need to add the bones hash also, on s4studio aswell, using the name of the bones you added.

Transform_bone is added by default since you certainly cloned an object. So I'm confident it's what you need to do.

if you made it works, I will have a question if you don't mind, but after you fixed it. 

Hello! All the bones are in Sims 4 studio :) ...as well as the hash names. It is also weighted correctly.  So I'm not sure why there's an issue???

bonesins4s.png

bonesins4s2.png

6 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

Hello! All the bones are in Sims 4 studio :) ...as well as the hash names. It is also weighted correctly.  So I'm not sure why there's an issue???

bonesins4s.png

bonesins4s2.png

you added it for all LODS right? like phong or smth like that

if the prop appears in your animation it's not an xml issue.

Did you use blender 2.7X for your work? Because 2.8/.9 will not work. 
Did you ckeck "limit total" for the weight painting? Did you animated the bones using pose mode and not object mode (it can happen)?

I know it can be frustrating but maybe you named the bones differently than what they are on blender. Make sure that you installed the .package with the mesh with bones and nott just the cloned with the transform_bone only. 

Edited by Khlas
Just now, Khlas said:

you added it for all LODS right? like phong or smth like that

if the prop appears in your animation it's not an xml issue.

Did you use blender 2.7X for your work? Because 2.8/.9 will not work. 
Did you ckeck "limit total" for the weight painting? Did you animated the bones using pose mode and not object mode (it can happen)?

I know it can be frustrating but maybe you named the bones differently than what they are on blender. Make sure that you installed the .package with the mesh with bones and nott just the cloned with the transform_bone only. 

Yes, the bones are added for all LODS. I animated with pose mode, of course (I'm not a beginner animator)
they aren't named differently, and yes, I did install the package with the mesh and bones.

I created the object and did the animation with blender 2.79 (this is the version I always use, never gave me any issues before so I don't think this is relevant).
What do you mean limit total for weight painting? How would that cause issues?

And I don't think it's an xml issue either because the prop does show up and play the animation, but it doesn't animate the custom bones (like mentioned).

1 minute ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

So I looked at it and when I do the limit total, it says 0 limited. There aren't conflicting weight groups, if that's what you think the issue is since I weighted it by vertex group rather than any other method (easiest for solid objects).

3 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

Yes, the bones are added for all LODS. I animated with pose mode, of course (I'm not a beginner animator)
they aren't named differently, and yes, I did install the package with the mesh and bones.

I created the object and did the animation with blender 2.79 (this is the version I always use, never gave me any issues before so I don't think this is relevant).

And I don't think it's an xml issue either because the prop does show up and play the animation, but it doesn't animate the custom bones (like mentioned).

I know you are not a beginner but those kind of mistakes could happen to everyone. I just needed to be sure you did all of that so I could help you further.

Did you try to export your mesh with S4studio and verify that the mesh (weight paint, bones, all that) are exported right? 

16 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

So I looked at it and when I do the limit total, it says 0 limited. There aren't conflicting weight groups, if that's what you think the issue is since I weighted it by vertex group rather than any other method (easiest for solid objects).

You parented the bones on s4studio aswell? I'm sorry but I can only think that it's something in S4studio that is not right. 

I think you followed this tutorial right?

https://sims4studio.com/thread/20149/creating-animated-objects-interaction-tutorial

Step 5 – Editing the object mesh, rigging and animating it

You sync the rig using the modding in tools with s4studio right?

Edited by Khlas
1 minute ago, Khlas said:

You parented the bones on s4studio aswell? I'm sorry but I can only think that it's something in S4studio that is not right. 

I think you followed this tutorial right?

https://sims4studio.com/thread/20149/creating-animated-objects-interaction-tutorial

The cigarette bones are parented to the root bone (like transform bone) in S4S I don't think changing it will make much of a difference.

And no, since I'm making this animation specifically for Wicked Whims. What I did was I clicked Create 3D Mesh and cloned a clutter object (the baseball thing), I then made the mesh, added the bones to S4S (making sure to add all the bone hash names in FNV64 format to the mesh LODS), exported the rig, weighted the mesh to it, and then import that into S4S. No issues here, everything worked fine.

Then I made the animation in blender. Imported all the baked animations into a pose pack, exported the clips and clip headers and then onto an empty file, imported the WW XML (and the clips) and correctly filled everything out (animation does show up in WW menu perfectly fine) the animation plays but no custom bone moves like expected.

To test that the clips worked, I rig overrided the default sim with my custom rig, imported the clips, exported it...and then appended in blender and saw that the animation was working as intended so I'm not sure what is going on. I did everything I could think of...I created new package files with a new mesh to see if it would work, did multiple new XMLs so see if that was the issue...and no luck.

For clarification, I added the object to the XML as a prop (since it is meant to be used as one) with the only parameters being the clip name and GUID.

5 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

The cigarette bones are parented to the root bone (like transform bone) in S4S I don't think changing it will make much of a difference.

And no, since I'm making this animation specifically for Wicked Whims. What I did was I clicked Create 3D Mesh and cloned a clutter object (the baseball thing), I then made the mesh, added the bones to S4S (making sure to add all the bone hash names in FNV64 format to the mesh LODS), exported the rig, weighted the mesh to it, and then import that into S4S. No issues here, everything worked fine.

Then I made the animation in blender. Imported all the baked animations into a pose pack, exported the clips and clip headers and then onto an empty file, imported the WW XML (and the clips) and correctly filled everything out (animation does show up in WW menu perfectly fine) the animation plays but no custom bone moves like expected.

To test that the clips worked, I rig overrided the default sim with my custom rig, imported the clips, exported it...and then appended in blender and saw that the animation was working as intended so I'm not sure what is going on. I did everything I could think of...I created new package files with a new mesh to see if it would work, did multiple new XMLs so see if that was the issue...and no luck.

For clarification, I added the object to the XML as a prop (since it is meant to be used as one) with the only parameters being the clip name and GUID.

This tutorial is usefull only for the Step 5. You should read it because maybe you missed something.

Testing clips on blender when it's not working on the game is useless, it will always work on blender because it's not a blender issue

Edited by Khlas
44 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

just in case, you need those lines for a prop in your xml 

<U> 
          <T n="prop_id">0</T> 
          <T n="prop_type">BASIC</T> 
          <T n="prop_guids">GUIDNUMBER</T> 
          <T n="prop_animation_clip_name">YOURCLIPNAME</T> 
        </U> 

Since you said you only added the clip name and guid, you need the ID (0 is first prop) and the type of prop, should be BASIC in your case.

Edited by Khlas
1 minute ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

Syncing didn't help, but there is a section about inversePoseBones that I haven't done for this mesh so I will do those and see if it fixes the issue ?

syncing will only work after you did that section (the inverseposebones one)

15 minutes ago, Khlas said:

syncing will only work after you did that section (the inverseposebones one)

Happy to report it's working!!! The issue was the inverseposebones!!!! Oh my god thank you SOOOOO MUCH oh my god I was losing my mind over this for DAYS!!! I'm so happy I could cry ??? You're the best!!!! Sorry for my snappy responses, I was just so fucking stressed out about this.

Sending much love to you ??? I will forever be grateful for your help and patience!

YESSS.png

Edited by FlowersSimFactory