The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

10 hours ago, Starlet Moon said:

For the shower, how do the water flow? Is it automatic?

That works differently. You have to add the desired water effect in the xml, and assign it to the bone in the rig where you want to to come from.413160690_showerheadrig.png.4bff7c35884f262705e1607d8c835b7d.png

In this section of the xml

-<L n="animation_events_list">

<!-- List of events in this animation (add more for more events, remove any that are not needed) -->

-<U>

<!-- [START OF EVENT ENTRY] -->

<T n="event_type">EFFECT</T>

<!-- Event Type that defines the behavior of this event (EFFECT, CUM) -->

<T n="event_start_timecode">1.23456</T>

<!-- Decimal Number in animation duration of when this event triggers -->

<T n="event_end_timecode">9.87654</T>

<!-- Decimal Number in animation duration of when this event stops (use high number, like 999, to avoid stopping the event) -->

<T n="event_target">a0</T>

<!-- Event Target that represents actor Numerical ID or the object used for sex ('a0' is Actor ID 0, 'o' is the object used for sex, 'p0' is Prop ID 0) -->

<T n="effect_name">EffectName</T>

<!-- Effect Name that will be displayed -->

<T n="effect_joint_name">BoneJointName</T>

Section 4.8.2  explains this in the link below:

https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/147746195146/creating-wickedwoohoo-animation-xml-file     

Edited by bobahloo
added link to help

Hey guys... I decided to start a Discord server for animation creators. When it comes to questions during my work on a ww animation I feel a little bit lost sometimes. Yes, there is this thread and thankfully people answer here but honestly... a never ending forum thread as the only anchor for our sometimes very specific needs?! ?

Just an offer for our little community - maybe you use it and find it helpful: https://discord.gg/4BrdwkbDjZ

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Need help with a little problem. Which part of the animation am I supposed to "bake"? The Rig? The Rig Control? Something else? Honestly the animations I've already made that work have been the results of pure luck and just spamming the bake action until something works! ?

2 hours ago, Nelandros said:

Hi guys. Need help with a little problem. Which part of the animation am I supposed to "bake"? The Rig? The Rig Control? Something else? Honestly the animations I've already made that work have been the results of pure luck and just spamming the bake action until something works! ?

If you use control rigs, you have to bake the rig. But you have to make sure the control rig is in pose mode. Then switch to the normal rig, pose mode, press A to select all bones, then go to object mode. Now you are safe to bake if only the normal rig bones are selected when in Object mode.

it’s useless to bake a control rig if you use it to make your animation. Baking is like a transfert of all key frames from another rig if you chose the right option, and it fills empty frames with keyframes.

Baking is also usefull without control rigs, doing so can help you to make sure the animation is full of keyframes from frame 0 to the last frame of your animation.

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:

If you use control rigs, you have to bake the rig. But you have to make sure the control rig is in pose mode. Then switch to the normal rig, pose mode, press A to select all bones, then go to object mode. Now you are safe to bake if only the normal rig bones are selected when in Object mode.

it’s useless to bake a control rig if you use it to make your animation. Baking is like a transfert of all key frames from another rig if you chose the right option, and it fills empty frames with keyframes.

Baking is also usefull without control rigs, doing so can help you to make sure the animation is full of keyframes from frame 0 to the last frame of your animation.

Ah man that is going to make my life a hell of a lot easier! Thank you Khlas!

I've encountered another problem that I'm really puzzled by. I made a f/f oral animation, and in Blender every thing looks exactly as I want it. Baked it ok, got it in game ok and everything animates in game properly, except for the "giver's" mouth which is closed throughout the entire animation. There is tongue movement in this as well that is still displaying as intended, however it's clipping right through the actor's face due, again, to the closed mouth. Is there an extra step I need to take in order to ensure that the actor's mouth remains open? I'm really not understanding this one at all ?

PS I have added sounds to the animation already if that could be the problem?

31 minutes ago, Nelandros said:

PS I have added sounds to the animation already if that could be the problem?

it is. You removed the lip censor event. Add censor event to the sounds list. It’s the censor that is there automatically when you create a .package with clips, it’s where the sounds are. There is specific codes for the lips tho,  it you can just copy paste one from another clip you didn’t touch.

if you did not removed it then you animated the jaw using CAS_XX_bone (such as cas_jaw) which can’t be used for animations. (They can however be used as IK). Use the jaw bone instead.

Edited by Khlas
On 7/8/2021 at 2:00 AM, Khlas said:

Then switch to the normal rig, pose mode, press A to select all bones, then go to object mode. Now you are safe to bake if only the normal rig bones are selected when in Object mode.

There is no any necessity to use object mode during entire process of making an animation, everything is done in pose mode including baking.

Edited by wild_guy
1 minute ago, wild_guy said:

There is no any necessity to use object mode during entire process of making an animation, everything is done in the pose mode including baking.

Not if you use objects as constraints, baking while in object mode make sure everything you animated will be transferred as your armatures poses.

1 minute ago, Khlas said:

Not if you use objects as constraints, baking while in object mode make sure everything you animated will be transferred as your armatures poses.

Your goal there is to bake standard rig bones movement, it really doesn't matter if some of them has related to some object with constraints. You don't bake objects, you bake rig poses.

23 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Your goal there is to bake standard rig bones movement, it really doesn't matter if some of them has related to some object with constraints. You don't bake objects, you bake rig poses.

while on pose mode, the option is not there for baking. I personally have to switch on Object mode in order to have the option that let me bake the animation.  

I already know that we bake rig and not objects, and this wasn’t my point.

edit : apparently the option is there while in pose mode aswell with another version of blender, but I don’t use this version for animating. Good to know but it doesn’t change anything.

Edited by Khlas
3 hours ago, Khlas said:

it is. You removed the lip censor event. Add censor event to the sounds list. It’s the censor that is there automatically when you create a .package with clips, it’s where the sounds are. There is specific codes for the lips tho,  it you can just copy paste one from another clip you didn’t touch.

if you did not removed it then you animated the jaw using CAS_XX_bone (such as cas_jaw) which can’t be used for animations. (They can however be used as IK). Use the jaw bone instead.

Yip, I removed the lip censor. Got everything working as it should now! Thank you once again Khlas!

Hello, everyone. I’m on the process of creating my first animation and I have a few questions if anyone would be willing to answer.

Do I create the “stages” of an animation seperately or do I create the full animation first then seperate them according to the seconds in the XML file (is that even an option lol) ?

I also have sorta created an animation and added it to my game as a pose to see if it functions (it does, yay!). However, because my sims are not in default sim size there are some clippings etc. Does the whickedwhims slider support help fix these clippings or do I have to manually adjust them?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, tzarevnaofsuburbs said:

Hello,

hello

Do I create the “stages” of an animation seperately or do I create the full animation first then seperate them according to the seconds in the XML file (is that even an option lol) ?

You can create the animations separatly or directly on the same .blend file. I don't understand what you are trying to do with the XML, but I think, even if I never tested it myself, that you can maybe change the timeline frames number to suit the stages you want in your .blend file and save it so S4studio can recognize the frames you set for the stages (but you will have to make files for each stages with the right frames set), but I could be wrong. 

However, because my sims are not in default sim size there are some clippings etc. Does the whickedwhims slider support help fix these clippings or do I have to manually adjust them?

The slider support option in WW does exactly what you want, by resetting height sliders/penises to default. However, I don't think it trigger for all sliders, so if your sim is as big as a mountain you will have clipping no matter what, unless you did the animation especially for this sim.

23 hours ago, Khlas said:

You can create the animations separatly or directly on the same .blend file. I don't understand what you are trying to do…

First of all, thank you @Khlas

I know some animations that have several stages (like the hand&hip movements get faster or the position of the sims change with the stages). What I meant to ask was how do I set these stages? Do I set it in the XML or do I separate it in the .blend file?

13 hours ago, tzarevnaofsuburbs said:

First of all, thank you @Khlas

I know some animations that have several stages (like the hand&hip movements get faster or the position of the sims change with the stages). What I meant to ask was how do I set these stages? Do I set it in the XML or do I separate it in the .blend file?

@tzarevnaofsuburbs you do this in the XML file, see https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4 at "4.4.12. Animation Stage Name " and "4.4.13. Animation Next Stage Names"

• 1 month later...

hello all, i’m in the process of making MM animations, however i have a question. I know that i need blender 2.7 to use sims 4 studio, however do i need to animate in blender 2.7 or can i animate in a newer version of blender?

i ask because i noticed when i tried testing my animation in game, my sims went into T-pose instead of my animation that i created.  I then decided to see if i could open my animation file in 2.7, but it kept crashing and now i’m wondering if that’s why it won’t read in game. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would love some help with this one. 

1 hour ago, filipinodump said:

hello all, i’m in the process of making MM animations, however i have a question. I know that i need blender 2.7 to use sims 4 studio, however do i need to animate in blender 2.7 or can i animate in a newer version of blender?

i ask because i noticed when i tried testing my animation in game, my sims went into T-pose instead of my animation that i created.  I then decided to see if i could open my animation file in 2.7, but it kept crashing and now i’m wondering if that’s why it won’t read in game. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would love some help with this one. 

Use 2.7X (preferably 2.76) for exporting then importing .blend files with S4studio. It shouldn’t crash anyway, if it crash it’s another thing, like an error with reading memory or smth. if you open a file that 2.7X can’t read it will be just bland.

you can animate with newer versions but you will have to append it to older version or S4studio will not read it. S4studio can only read .blend files exported by 2.7X blender versions.

T-Pose could be different reason, such as the animations being made using object mode only instead of pose mode. If it’s the case you can always bake it to the pose armature.

Edited by Khlas
5 hours ago, Khlas said:

Use 2.7X (preferably 2.76) for exporting then importing .blend files with S4studio. It shouldn’t crash anyway, if it crash it’s another thing, like an error with reading memory or smth. if you open a file that 2.7X can’t read it will be just bland.

you can animate with newer versions but you will have to append it to older version or S4studio will not read it. S4studio can only read .blend files exported by 2.7X blender versions.

T-Pose could be different reason, such as the animations being made using object mode only instead of pose mode. If it’s the case you can always bake it to the pose armature.

thank you for the quick response! If that’s the case then I will just animate in 2.7 as to not have to worry. Thank you again! 

sorry but i had another question. In terms of adding sounds, i tried following the tutorial on adding sound and lip suppress events however when i test out in game nothing happens. Am i allowed to add sounds after making the animation package and just add the events in S4pe directly into the clips in the package or do i have to do it before creating the final package when in exporting the clips from the animation blend file? 

i guess if someone could give me a rundown of how they add sounds that would help cuz the tutorial seems very bare and doesn’t seem to help me despite me following all the steps. thanks a bunch! 

4 minutes ago, filipinodump said:

Am i allowed to add sounds after making the animation package and just add the events in S4pe directly into the clips in the package or do i have to do it before creating the final package when in exporting the clips from the animation blend file? 

I don't understand that last part of your sentence, but you can add sounds after you are done with your package, and usually it's what you should do anyway. On S4PE, click on the clip you want to add sounds, and GRID. There you will have the option to add sounds from the bottom a the new window that will open. the lip supression should be already there automatically, but you can remove it if you want your sims to have the lip synch. However, if it's a blowjob scene it's better to keep that censor for the one sucking, at least for the frames of your clip when he does.

Then for adding sounds it's tedious depending of the lenght of your animation, if it's just a ~300 frames maximum it's not that bad. But over it it could be annoying. 
You need to download the TS4SoundTool where you can find the right code for the sounds you want. 

Edited by Khlas