The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

15 minutes ago, FlowersSimFactory said:

Happy to report it's working!!! The issue was the inverseposebones!!!! Oh my god thank you SOOOOO MUCH oh my god I was losing my mind over this for DAYS!!! I'm so happy I could cry ??? You're the best!!!! Sorry for my snappy responses, I was just so fucking stressed out about this.

Sending much love to you ??? I will forever be grateful for your help and patience!

YESSS.png

Glad it worked for you. 

6 hours ago, Khlas said:

You probably moved them using the model instead of a bone, so they stay at the 0 axis because the game only recognize bones for animations.

hmm, i could’ve sworn i didn’t do that because i know that would’ve happened, however i guess i’ll just move on and hope it doesn’t happen again lol 

Just now, filipinodump said:

hmm, i could’ve sworn i didn’t do that because i know that would’ve happened, however i guess i’ll just move on and hope it doesn’t happen again lol 

If ever it happens just send me your package in a dm and I can check it for you 

Hi fellow Animators,

I have a question about removing certain parts of clothes like top or bra during a running animation. I would like to remove it at let’s say keyframe 100 or 3.3 sec and not at the very first beginning as currently depicted in the XML. At least I could not find any other option to choose from..

Is that somehow possible? Like sound effects that can be added at a certain keyframe / timecode.

Thanks for your replies!

does anyone know of any good custom rigs other than the one provided by wicked whims? I’m so used to working in Maya and being spoiled with good rigs that transitioning to blender and working with the default rigs is honestly kind of frustrating. 

I was also wondering if i could make my own rig, would i need to do anything special to get it to work in game? 

12 hours ago, filipinodump said:

does anyone know of any good custom rigs other than the one provided by wicked whims? I’m so used to working in Maya and being spoiled with good rigs that transitioning to blender and working with the default rigs is honestly kind of frustrating. 

I was also wondering if i could make my own rig, would i need to do anything special to get it to work in game? 

try this 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/74481-small-guide-for-creating-animations-for-ts4-tips-and-tricks/?do=findComment&comment=2176691

14 hours ago, filipinodump said:

best is to make your own control rig imo but do whatever you want. There’s the simite post with a bunch of rigs or the one from nanashi (flower from factory that I helped earlier) which are fine. 

You don’t need to do smth in game if you make your own control rig other than baking the animation to the base rig. You don’t create a new rig but a control rig btw. The EA rig can’t really be changed other than adding things but there’s a limit anyway and it’s already reached.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:49 PM, lovedragon said:

Thanks for the clarification, re-reading the steps I was beginning to think I couldn't read my way out of a paper bag, because it wasn't showing up.

So I've saved after fixing duration, closing s4s, and going to skpe, (just realized) I have to use the drop-down menu to locate the file I saved. 

The dropdown menu shows :

"Export files (s4*_*)"

''All files (*_*)"

Under Export files I see nothing, under all files I find the saved .package file, but clicking it I get an error code inside of skpe.

This Error Talks about No keyframe found in .blender file.  I went back to my animations and checked to see if the keyframes played out their animations, they did. 

I am sorry ro intterupt but what does SKPE stand for ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm look for some help or a tutorial on IK rigging.  I've found a lot on how to setup IK for arms, legs and hands. But I'm having difficulty getting the proper rigging for hips.  Whenever I move or rotate the pelvis, my model just stretches or folds in have.  I'm try to get the model to squat or sit. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, FelixFaust313 said:

I'm look for some help or a tutorial on IK rigging.  I've found a lot on how to setup IK for arms, legs and hands. But I'm having difficulty getting the proper rigging for hips.  Whenever I move or rotate the pelvis, my model just stretches or folds in have.  I'm try to get the model to squat or sit. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

you need to constraints the hips bones to the pelvis bones. Should be thigh twist bones and thigh bones (L+R) to the hips then hips to pelvis if I remember correctly. But it’s a bit difficult to help without any of your files with your rig. 

Edited by Khlas
On 10/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, Khlas said:

you need to constraints the hips bones to the pelvis bones. Should be thigh twist bones and thigh bones (L+R) to the hips then hips to pelvis if I remember correctly. But it’s a bit difficult to help without any of your files with your rig. 

Khlas, thanks for responding. I've attached the rig that I'm using.  

rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend

56 minutes ago, FelixFaust313 said:

rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend 4.85 MB · 0 downloads

I don't run into any issue with the pelvis, the control rig seems to work as intended. The only issue is when moving the head bone with the last layer, but you shouldn't use this bone to move the head anyway since there's already control bones for that.

Edited by Khlas
4 hours ago, FelixFaust313 said:

rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend 4.85 MB · 2 downloads

You can make your sim sit perfectly with the rig you provided. Actually it's even faster to do than the one I made myself it seems lol. I will try to do an animaton with the rig you provided because I can't see the issue at first glance.

zgzgzgzzzz.gif

EDIT : I made a solo anim using your rig, and even if it maybe lack some kind of pelvis constraints on some bones, it seems to works fine. Just tell me exactly what is your issue.

handjobbathtubtest.gif.6eb66c54e7a0db9ed974e7578c0c13f6.gif

Edited by Khlas
22 hours ago, Alexander505 said:

Hi, how can I move an object and an actor at the same time in Blender? I'm trying to make an animation when a Sim is using a bat..

either selecting multiples bones with maj + right click or using constraints. You can make the bat a child of a bone from the sim so it follows the sim's bone.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a beginner at animating and blender and been playing around with different rigs for days and finally found a few I kind of like but I cannot get over the jumbled controls.

Is there any way to make all these things smaller or something?

Or any recommendations for better/easier rigs to work with for beginners?

I honestly think I have all of them since i've been scouring the internet and LL but maybe I missed something.

Melodine would prob be perfect if these controls were smaller or a different shape. 

Melodine.png.06c59a2459f845bb6955ed1db1a9384e.png

Edited by BitterBlue
11 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

I'm a beginner at animating and blender and been playing around with different rigs for days and finally found a few I kind of like but I cannot get over the jumbled controls.

Is there any way to make all these things smaller or something?

Or any recommendations for better/easier rigs to work with for beginners?

I honestly think I have all of them since i've been scouring the internet and LL but maybe I missed something.

Melodine would prob be perfect if these controls were smaller or a different shape. 

Melodine.png.06c59a2459f845bb6955ed1db1a9384e.png

you need to use a lesser or newer version of blender to fix those. I think 2.79b should work. If it does not, try another version. 

those empty objects used by the rig as constraints wasn’t available on the old version so I think you need to use a higher version.

this rig is fine for beginners however I had a hard time with the arms. So maybe you will have to add some controls to them, it’s what I did. Also it needs some fixing from the eyelids, you will need to remove some parents bones or something like that. 

Edited by Khlas
41 minutes ago, Khlas said:

you need to use a lesser or newer version of blender to fix those. I think 2.79b should work. If it does not, try another version. 

those empty objects used by the rig as constraints wasn’t available on the old version so I think you need to use a higher version.

this rig is fine for beginners however I had a hard time with the arms. So maybe you will have to add some controls to them, it’s what I did. Also it needs some fixing from the eyelids, you will need to remove some parents bones or something like that. 

OMG, thank you! Version didn't even occur to me. Way Better. And I finally figured out baking so my sims don't T-pose or turn into Armless, Leggless, and Headless Creatures..... so I'm a tiny bit closer to actually making a successful set of animations.

Edited by BitterBlue