The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

5 hours ago, checka24 said:

I am so confused :C which layer do i use for arm and leg movements ?

Its so different from turbodrivers rigs ...

The first layer; R_R/L_Hand for the arms, C_R/L_Foot_IK for the legs, and R/L_Elbow_Target and P_R/L_Knee_Target to adjust their orientation.

Spoiler

Capture2.JPG.42f672a60dce26972e6f0d0063844041.JPG

Also, that glitch with blender being absurdly bright was exclusive to ver. 2.70 if I remember correctly. I´d suggest switching to 2.79, your eyes will thank you.

28 minutes ago, elys19 said:

The first layer; R_R/L_Hand for the arms, C_R/L_Foot_IK for the legs, and R/L_Elbow_Target and P_R/L_Knee_Target to adjust their orientation.

Hide contents

Also, that glitch with blender being absurdly bright was exclusive to ver. 2.70 if I remember correctly. I´d suggest switching to 2.79, your eyes will thank you.

Thank you so much... yeah I need to be wearing sunglasses like this :D

On 1/31/2021 at 1:59 AM, elys19 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi, I startet playing around with these mentioned rig and when using the animation which is perfectly running in Blender 2.78 - in game one of the Sims is crumbled like a snowball and the other in t-pose. Parts of the rig seem to be ripped apart. See image.

Is there something I might have missed concerning the keyframes? Which keys need to be set for exporting? The ones that can be set while using the control rig? Or do I have to add also those by selecting the rig itself? 

It drives me nuts..

Also after appending another rig into the animation the rig can’t be set into pose mode, it stays in object mode...

Any help would be highly appreciated ?

Spoiler

1179140827_OhneTitel.png.a41b443f1d4d066604052418ca2b5313.png

5 hours ago, Bungholio18 said:

Hi, I startet playing around with these mentioned rig and when using the animation which is perfectly running in Blender 2.78 - in game one of the Sims is crumbled like a snowball and the other in t-pose. Parts of the rig seem to be ripped apart. See image.

Is there something I might have missed concerning the keyframes? Which keys need to be set for exporting? The ones that can be set while using the control rig? Or do I have to add also those by selecting the rig itself? 

It drives me nuts..

If I remember correctly, that is caused by baking the animation incorrectly before saving the .blend file.

The way I do it is:

- select the rig (not the control rig)

- go to object mode (this is probably not necessary, just a habit of mine)

- then when baking it deselect the first option and select the second and third one (also remember to select "pose", not "object"):

Spoiler

Capture2.PNG.39b6b023f0be6fd75a453b323c39a213.PNG

Then delete all other rigs except for the rig you want to export.

Note that you also need to delete its corresponding control rig, you should be left with the "base" rig and nothing else.

5 hours ago, Bungholio18 said:

Also after appending another rig into the animation the rig can’t be set into pose mode, it stays in object mode...

Just right click on any bone of the newly added rig once, then you should be able to select pose mode.

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the use of Cherry Pies Cum Mesh.

I tried to integrate it into an animation which seems to work straight forward in Blender.

I saved it as an individual animation and imported it in Sims4Studio and added it to my XML - so far so good.

The problem I am facing is that in game all changes that were made to the individual drops in Blender seem to be ignored by the game though.

The drops in game look like the default ones. See images.

What do I need to do to integrate the correctly into the process of importing and so on. Kinda lost...

I was skimming though the forum but no real success. Seems like everybody knows how to use it except me...

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!!

Spoiler

71047265_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-13um13_54_27.thumb.png.083644f4659cbc2fb7b245e250fc71f1.png1.jpg.8d94018669b724c5e69836f65e21ba45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, YammiJammi said:

Hi guys, does anyone know how you can get a sims hands and feet to stay in place? my sims's hands are on the bed and I want them to sort of lock on.

If you use kinetic rigs they should do this automatic after you position them.

Here are IK rigs for sims.

If you still have a problem you could try to set a constraint. Just make the hand a child of a bone in the bed rig.

There is also a constraint you can set to limit movement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 5:13 PM, YammiJammi said:

Hi guys, does anyone know how you can get a sims hands and feet to stay in place? my sims's hands are on the bed and I want them to sort of lock on.

If you are still looking for a good IK rig I highly recommend SimsFlowerFactory's Nanashi rig.

You can download it here alongside all his other rigs.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, REDFACTION said:

If you are still looking for a good IK rig I highly recommend SimsFlowerFactory's Nanashi rig.

You can download it here alongside all his other rigs.

This rig is indeed interesting but sexual parts are not rigged. So he will have to open the rigs with penis bones and then this one so he can merge the armature. Maybe I'm wrong so correct me.

22 hours ago, khyan69 said:

This rig is indeed interesting but sexual parts are not rigged. So he will have to open the rigs with penis bones and then this one so he can merge the armature. Maybe I'm wrong so correct me.

Mine has rigged sexual parts. Maybe he did two versions of it.

Hi guys. Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm kinda left scratching my head here on this one. I've started making animations and I've followed the tutorials. I've made the animation, converted them to clips in Studio, I've made the xml file and the animation appears on the WW menu in game on the correct object, but when the animation runs my Sims just go into t-pose and do nothing.

What's the most likely thing that I have done wrong in the process, and at what stage in the process? I'm guessing it has to be something I've done wrong in Blender, but the animation appears fine to me ?

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Nelandros said:

Hi guys. Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm kinda left scratching my head here on this one. I've started making animations and I've followed the tutorials. I've made the animation, converted them to clips in Studio, I've made the xml file and the animation appears on the WW menu in game on the correct object, but when the animation runs my Sims just go into t-pose and do nothing.

What's the most likely thing that I have done wrong in the process, and at what stage in the process? I'm guessing it has to be something I've done wrong in Blender, but the animation appears fine to me ?

Cheers!

high probability you didn’t bake the rigs before exporting the .blender files with your clips in it.

if you use a custom rig, you need to bake the keyframes directly to the EA rig. If you don’t do it, your sim will be in a T-Pose/partial T-pose.

if this is not your issue, then it can be a XML issue that does not recognize your clip files.

it’s the name of the clip you can found in S4PE while opening the package file with your clips. You click on the clip and in the box at the right there is the name of the clip. Something with the term « pose » in it.

your first or second animations is always a game of trial and error but then you will have the hand of it.

8 hours ago, REDFACTION said:

Mine has rigged sexual parts. Maybe he did two versions of it.

do you mind if you can share it here? Or maybe a link because the version of nanashi rig from the link is for non-adult animations but maybe I’m blind.

Btw I’m trying to have my animation working in my game, it’s 97 seconds long. For some reason when I start the animation with WW, only the first frame seems to be working, like it’s a unique pose and it does not animate. Anyone know what could be the issue ?

in S4studio I added 1 second to the 940 keyframes, so it’s something like 941. I don’t know if it could be the culprit (EDIT:it’s not the issue)

I baked multiples times during my animation process. I don’t know if it can cause an issue to bake it a lot of times.

Maybe the duration is too high since I made it to repeat 3 times maximum in the xml. I really don’t know. (Edit: not an issue either)

i worked on it during like, 15 hours straight? So I really want to have it done ?

Edit : apparently I’m screwed because I baked more than one time. How I can fix it without changing my animation? 

With screenshots it’s maybe better so here is my issue when I bake action :

before bake action (ignore the circles I know why they are here) :

5C60743E-61CC-4A75-88DE-A0AC8B115F2E.thumb.jpeg.b54231a9767bba2722a8a199ef7fb7a3.jpeg
after bake action

BD09F161-6E58-4999-A5B6-C64ED5A5B138.thumb.jpeg.c79f31d525cb43d31cde66995bf3f723.jpeg

29AB569B-BF14-4187-B064-7541D484D964.thumb.jpeg.04065da5ff91f74903dc5cf8cfd4cc95.jpeg

If I bake the male that is standing there, it seems to be fine. It’s just the second model that is always misplaced, even after « clear parents, overwrite current action » or whatever ticked. I don’t know how to fix this issue. Some parts of the animation is working well but some parts are weird (like the second model is doing a barbell roll). If I do not bake it’s looking as intended. Unfortunately I have to bake it.

Edit : The model seems to be placed where this bone is after the baking if I overwrite the current action. Guess what? It seems to be the root... it sounds dumb but if someone know how to fix this, it drives me crazy. 

F1A894A2-FAF9-4D39-86C1-12DE772E4F68.jpeg

Edit 2 : removing the root bone fix the issue but in game it’s not working obviously. If someone know how I can fix it pls. The first model is working like a charm. The second model is just flying everywhere and is misplaced while it looked fine in blender. 

when I remove the keyframes with the misplaced root, if I copy/paste an existing frame, the root is back to being misplaced, it’s as if the keyframe is parasited, but I can always redo the animation for this frame manually probably. It’s just annoying.

Also if I bake sometimes the fps are so low for the second model that the animation for the first model is not even loading with WW, it just appear as a pose from the first keyframe I did.

I’m really lost there. 7 hours trying to fix this thing. 

9 hours ago, doxian said:

Here the adult version

Thanks but the « nanashi rigs » in the optional rigs section is still not the adult version. I already use melodine rigs but it’s not the same as nanashi. Melodine is good anyway but I like to use different rigs for different animations 

With the action baking issue, I deleted the keyframe for the loc_rot_scale that were weird. 

But now in my game only the first keyframe is played (it looks like a simple pose). I don’t know why it’s like this. I extracted the clip with S4PE and everything, set the keyframes duration right etc. On the baking the frame rate was low but I don’t know if it can be an issue for WW. At least the first model should work since It worked earlier, but it does not. It acts as if I just did a simple pose.

Guess im gonna abandon the animation modding scenes again because it’s frustrating.

17 hours ago, khyan69 said:

high probability you didn’t bake the rigs before exporting the .blender files with your clips in it.

if you use a custom rig, you need to bake the keyframes directly to the EA rig. If you don’t do it, your sim will be in a T-Pose/partial T-pose.

if this is not your issue, then it can be a XML issue that does not recognize your clip files.

it’s the name of the clip you can found in S4PE while opening the package file with your clips. You click on the clip and in the box at the right there is the name of the clip. Something with the term « pose » in it.

your first or second animations is always a game of trial and error but then you will have the hand of it.

Hmm then I'm really not certain where I'm going wrong. I used the Melanine rig to make my animation, and it came with an instruction on how to bake the rig so it would show up in game. I did what it said and still I'm getting the t-pose. If it helps, it's a basic pose using an object so perhaps there is something with the object I also need to do?

And as for the clip name, I'm assuming it will be this one?: Nel:PosePack_202103151547575088_set_1

Again I entered that as the clip name and still I'm having no luck.

The fact that everything is showing up in game except the animation suggests that the xml file is functioning properly though, no?

23 minutes ago, Nelandros said:

Hmm then I'm really not certain where I'm going wrong. I used the Melanine rig to make my animation, and it came with an instruction on how to bake the rig so it would show up in game. I did what it said and still I'm getting the t-pose. If it helps, it's a basic pose using an object so perhaps there is something with the object I also need to do?

And as for the clip name, I'm assuming it will be this one?: Nel:PosePack_202103151547575088_set_1

Again I entered that as the clip name and still I'm having no luck.

The fact that everything is showing up in game except the animation suggests that the xml file is functioning properly though, no?

Which version of blender do u use?

for the object yes you need to make it as prop in the xml file or else it will not work properly, it’s in the WW guide 

it can still be a xml issue if the xml does not recognize your clip. 

1 hour ago, khyan69 said:

Which version of blender do u use?

for the object yes you need to make it as prop in the xml file or else it will not work properly, it’s in the WW guide 

it can still be a xml issue if the xml does not recognize your clip. 

I'm using the latest build of Blender I think. 2.92.0

God I'm tearing my hair our here trying to get this to work! Is this what it was like for all the animators when they started? ?