The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

• 2 weeks later...

So does the command   ww.play_effect<effect_name>[joint_name]  actually work to test effects in game?  Been trying this and it says it played the effect on active sim, but I see nothing. Tried while sim was in a WW animation, tried outside of a WW animation, nothing yet it always says it played it in the command box. Tried several different effects and bone combos still see nothing even though it says it played it. 

1 hour ago, bobahloo said:

So does the command   ww.play_effect<effect_name>[joint_name]  actually work to test effects in game?  Been trying this and it says it played the effect on active sim, but I see nothing. Tried while sim was in a WW animation, tried outside of a WW animation, nothing yet it always says it played it in the command box. Tried several different effects and bone combos still see nothing even though it says it played it. 

Hey Bobahloo! Yep it works, I often check variety effects in game by this command. For example like here - two different effects on the hand bone. 

ww.play_effect vampire_corpus_smoke_from_nebula b__R_Hand__

ww.play_effect gp04_vampire_creation_glow b__R_Hand__

1.jpg.d43128c36216cff578a465a8d3c839b2.jpg 2.jpg.8868e7c6d60a0c2419e2225ed8c1776b.jpg

24 minutes ago, GreyNaya said:

Hey Bobahloo! Yep it works, I often check variety effects in game by this command. For example like here - two different effects on the hand bone. 

1.jpg.d43128c36216cff578a465a8d3c839b2.jpg 2.jpg.8868e7c6d60a0c2419e2225ed8c1776b.jpg

Hmm.. Ill give it another try using your examples, probs just overlooked something on my end. Actually, now that I see your examples, I think I used the "<>" brackets in when I tried lol.  THANKS for the Help.

3 hours ago, GreyNaya said:

Yup, got it working Thanks Again!!

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, guys, my name is Quin, and i started trying to create some animations a few weeks ago.

Have read this thread while making my first sequence using a coffin and i realized many people here uses the Dagger rig for female and the Bpc for males, so, anyone uses the old rig provided by turbo driver? I'm using this one but i don't know if it can be a problem in the future, im in the very beginning, and the turbo one seems more easy to me to understand the animation process.

And the in-game-objects, i have appended the coffin for the animation, but didn't figure out how to "open it", i'm making some things with it closed and static, but don't know is there is a way to take the coffin cover off somehow (coffin closed image bellow)

coffin.png

Have a good day everyone, and thank you all for the very good things you all have provided for everyone in all these years.

2 hours ago, QuinSims said:

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, guys, my name is Quin, and i started trying to create some animations a few weeks ago.

Have read this thread while making my first sequence using a coffin and i realized many people here uses the Dagger rig for female and the Bpc for males, so, anyone uses the old rig provided by turbo driver? I'm using this one but i don't know if it can be a problem in the future, im in the very beginning, and the turbo one seems more easy to me to understand the animation process.

And the in-game-objects, i have appended the coffin for the animation, but didn't figure out how to "open it", i'm making some things with it closed and static, but don't know is there is a way to take the coffin cover off somehow (coffin closed image bellow)

coffin.png

Have a good day everyone, and thank you all for the very good things you all have provided for everyone in all these years.

Shouldn't be any problem using those rigs, there are a few animators who don't use/like the kinetic ones. All my older animations using the ones turbo provided still work fine. As for the coffin, there should be bones to open it and animate it.

At the right top of your blender there will be a list of all the objects you have loaded in, your actors, objects, etc.  Go to the coffin in the list, click on the "+" next to it, it will expand, then you will see like "B_root"(don't mess with that!), but keep expanding till you see "transformabone", expand that and then you should see all the bones in that rig. If its rigged to be able to open, you will have to find the proper bone listed under the "transformabone" to use to open and animate it.  The transformabone can be used to move/reposition the entire rig(again, don't touch the b_Root_). Also make sure you are in pose mode before moving anything.

Hope that helps, not the best at explaining things.

2 hours ago, bobahloo said:

Shouldn't be any problem using those rigs, there are a few animators who don't use/like the kinetic ones. All my older animations using the ones turbo provided still work fine. As for the coffin, there should be bones to open it and animate it.

At the right top of your blender there will be a list of all the objects you have loaded in, your actors, objects, etc.  Go to the coffin in the list, click on the "+" next to it, it will expand, then you will see like "B_root"(don't mess with that!), but keep expanding till you see "transformabone", expand that and then you should see all the bones in that rig. If its rigged to be able to open, you will have to find the proper bone listed under the "transformabone" to use to open and animate it.  The transformabone can be used to move/reposition the entire rig(again, don't touch the b_Root_). Also make sure you are in pose mode before moving anything.

Hope that helps, not the best at explaining things.

Yes, it helped ?, thank you

Woops... Been almost over year (or is [even more]...) since I updated anything. I'm totally out of all new cool features we're able to but in animations and the tons of stuff there is to animate for ( if updated to last with all expansions of course )...

But I'm not totally forgotten this community as I regular check what you ppl have been up to... +7k animations from LL alone... 

As always I've tried to come up with somethings not existing or lack variants for my taste for the update I'm trying to get done... (as last time...)

Spoiler

I know there's a ton of reversed CG animations on double beds but I've not seen these around... 

1958538186_D_BedRCGA.png.787fa33fb04ecd033bc6cb0af4e5f954.png

this is same as above but yet a variant I've been missing

2008337856_D_BedRCGAFuta.png.be8609fd1d8a2db6e40f044ea0676cc7.png

there's a lot animations for windows/ mirror and stuff, but only one set (as far as I know!) for grouping

1437815060_WindowShoppin-Futa3some.png.90e7e2a1ea1bd2cb18df8850c3fe0daf.png

and as I might be the only interested this location I've tried to come something new (dunno yet if it'll work!)

Cheek_.png.6b02ae912d12b0e49315e4f1b9bb601b.png

Dresser animations are going to have addition at least one BJ sequence...

And this is what I don't recon to seen in animations thus not knowing yet if it'll work but I've tried on these the _cheek_ bones R/L

( if it may look like sucking better than just extruding the bones around mouth) 

Hope I get this done before wknd as like Jon Snow said: "Winter's cumming!" and need to get car ready for icy roads...

Hi guys, how are you doing?

I have a question about the effects, for example, if i have make a animation that plays in the sofa or the bed, but i attach a reference for a effect/sound that comes with a gp or ep and the user who is trying to play the animation don't have this especific gp or ep, what happens? the animation will play whitout the effect/sound or the animation will not be listed?

Just now, QuinSims said:

Hi guys, how are you doing?

I have a question about the effects, for example, if i have make a animation that plays in the sofa or the bed, but i attach a reference for a effect/sound that comes with a gp or ep and the user who is trying to play the animation don't have this especific gp or ep, what happens? the animation will play whitout the effect/sound or the animation will not be listed?

I am pretty sure it just won't have the effect/sound if the user doesn't have that pack, but the animation should still show as long as it's not specified for a custom location that is from a pack.

9 hours ago, QuinSims said:

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying xD

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn the effects and sounds are added into base game updates. It's possible they will still work for everyone, if not though, it will do as bobahloo said and just play the animation without the sound/effect.

14 hours ago, Simite said:

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn the effects and sounds are added into base game updates. It's possible they will still work for everyone, if not though, it will do as bobahloo said and just play the animation without the sound/effect.

Ah that's even better xD, i will try to make some tests soon
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Animation not showing up in The sims 4?

Hi im new to  all of this and I followed TURBODRIVER's tutorials: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4 , I made a teasing animation, 1 male, 1 Female

And everything was going well until i got to the XML part

I did everything it said and my Animation still wont show up in the game, it doesnt show up when i go to the "teasing" category, its not in any of the other categorys either

Is it my XML file?

heres my XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWhimsAnimationPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwhims.sex.animations.animations_tuning" n="XPOXI:THIGHJOB" s="7020282035364082788"> <!-- 'n' as your Package Name and 's' as Integer ID of your package -->
  <T n="wickedwhims_animations">1</T>
  <L n="animations_list">

<U> <!-- [START OF ANIMATION ENTRY] -->
      <T n="animation_raw_display_name">Thigh Job</T> <!-- [REMOVE IF USING "animation_display_name" FIELD] Raw Text for displayed animation name -->

<T n="animation_author">XPOXI</T> <!-- Raw Text for displayed author name of this animation -->

<T n="animation_locations">FLOOR</T> <!-- List of Location Categories for where this animation can be used at -->

<T n="animation_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Sex Category of the animation (TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL, CLIMAX) -->
      <T n="animation_loops">3</T> <!-- Number of times the animation will play in a row -->>

<T n="animation_allowed_for_random">1</T> <!-- Flag to disallow animation from being randomly picked in sex (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<L n="animation_actors_list"> <!-- List of actors in this animation (add more for more actors, remove any that are not needed) -->

<U> <!-- [START OF ACTOR ENTRY] -->
          <T n="actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this actor, should be 0 if this is the first actor -->
          <T n="animation_clip_name">AnimationClipName1x</T> <!-- Sim animation ClipName -->

<T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Sex Category of interaction this actor is performing (NONE, TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL) -->

<T n="animation_genders">BOTH</T> <!-- Gender Type of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH, ALIEN_MALE, ALIEN_FEMALE, ALIEN_BOTH, GHOST_MALE, GHOST_FEMALE, GHOST_BOTH, VAMPIRE_MALE, VAMPIRE_FEMALE, VAMPIRE_BOTH, MERMAID_MALE, MERMAID_FEMALE, MERMAID_BOTH, WITCH_MALE, WITCH_FEMALE, WITCH_BOTH) -->
          <T n="animation_pref_gender">BOTH</T> <!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] Preferred gender type of this actor if actor gender is set to BOTH (MALE, FEMALE, ALIEN_MALE, ALIEN_FEMALE, GHOST_MALE, GHOST_FEMALE, VAMPIRE_MALE, VAMPIRE_FEMALE, MERMAID_MALE, MERMAID_FEMALE, WITCH_MALE, WITCH_FEMALE) -->

<T n="animation_naked_type">BOTTOM</T> <!-- Naked Type this actor will undress to when performing (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL, FORCE_ALL) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_hands">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress gloves if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress shoes if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_allow_strapon">0</T> <!-- Flag to allow equipment of strapon even if this position is not designed for males (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<L n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions with other actors -->
            <U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T> <!-- Numerical ID of receiving actor this actor is interacting with -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Sex Category of interaction this actor is performing on the receiving actor -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">DISABLED</T> <!-- List of Cum Layer Types to apply on the receiving actor (DISABLED, FACE, CHEST, BACK, VAGINA, BUTT, FEET, NONE) -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">1</T> <!-- Flag to define if cum goes inside or outside the receiving actor (0=Outside, 1=Inside) -->
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> <!-- [END OF ACTOR ENTRY] -->

<U> <!-- [START OF ACTOR ENTRY] -->
          <T n="actor_id">1</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents this actor, should be 0 if this is the first actor -->
          <T n="animation_clip_name">AnimationClipName1y</T> <!-- Sim animation ClipName -->

<T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Sex Category of interaction this actor is performing (NONE, TEASING, HANDJOB, FOOTJOB, ORALJOB, VAGINAL, ANAL) -->

<T n="animation_genders">BOTH</T> <!-- Gender Type of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH, ALIEN_MALE, ALIEN_FEMALE, ALIEN_BOTH, GHOST_MALE, GHOST_FEMALE, GHOST_BOTH, VAMPIRE_MALE, VAMPIRE_FEMALE, VAMPIRE_BOTH, MERMAID_MALE, MERMAID_FEMALE, MERMAID_BOTH, WITCH_MALE, WITCH_FEMALE, WITCH_BOTH) -->
          <T n="animation_pref_gender">BOTH</T> <!-- [REMOVE IF UNUSED] Preferred gender type of this actor if actor gender is set to BOTH (MALE, FEMALE, ALIEN_MALE, ALIEN_FEMALE, GHOST_MALE, GHOST_FEMALE, VAMPIRE_MALE, VAMPIRE_FEMALE, MERMAID_MALE, MERMAID_FEMALE, WITCH_MALE, WITCH_FEMALE) -->
          <T n="animation_naked_type">ALL</T> <!-- Naked Type this actor will undress to when performing (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL, FORCE_ALL) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_hands">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress gloves if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T> <!-- Flag to force undress shoes if needed (0=Ignore, 1=Force) -->
          <T n="animation_allow_strapon">0</T> <!-- Flag to allow equipment of strapon even if this position is not designed for males (0=Disallow, 1=Allow) -->

<L n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions with other actors -->
            <U>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of receiving actor this actor is interacting with -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Sex Category of interaction this actor is performing on the receiving actor -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layers">DISABLED</T> <!-- List of Cum Layer Types to apply on the receiving actor (DISABLED, FACE, CHEST, BACK, VAGINA, BUTT, FEET, NONE) -->
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">0</T> <!-- Flag to define if cum goes inside or outside the receiving actor (0=Outside, 1=Inside) -->
            </U>
          </L>
        </U> <!-- [END OF ACTOR ENTRY] -->

<L n="animation_events_list"> <!-- List of events in this animation (add more for more events, remove any that are not needed) -->

<U> <!-- [START OF EVENT ENTRY] -->
          <T n="event_type">EFFECT</T> <!-- Event Type that defines the behavior of this event (EFFECT, CUM) -->
          <T n="event_start_timecode">1.23456</T> <!-- Decimal Number in animation duration of when this event triggers -->
          <T n="event_end_timecode">9.87654</T> <!-- Decimal Number in animation duration of when this event stops (use high number, like 999, to avoid stopping the event) -->

<T n="event_target">a0</T> <!-- Event Target that represents actor Numerical ID or the object used for sex ('a0' is Actor ID 0, 'o' is the object used for sex, 'p0' is Prop ID 0) -->
          <T n="effect_name">EffectName</T> <!-- Effect Name that will be displayed -->
          <T n="effect_joint_name">BoneJointName</T> <!-- Bone Joint Name from the Event Target used for the position of the effect -->

<U n="dont_run_if"> <!-- List of flags that prevent this event from triggering if true -->
            <T n="actor_has_condom">1</T> <!-- Flag that checks if Event Target is wearing a condom (use to prevent cum effects when Sim is wearing a condom) -->
            <T n="actor_is_gender">MALE,FEMALE</T> <!-- Flag that checks if Event Target has a Gender Type from this list (NONE, MALE, FEMALE, ALIEN_MALE, ALIEN_FEMALE, GHOST_MALE, GHOST_FEMALE, VAMPIRE_MALE, VAMPIRE_FEMALE, MERMAID_MALE, MERMAID_FEMALE, WITCH_MALE, WITCH_FEMALE) -->
          </U>
        </U> <!-- [END OF EVENT ENTRY] -->

<U> <!-- [START OF EVENT ENTRY] -->
          <T n="event_type">CUM</T> <!-- Event Type that defines the behavior of this event (EFFECT, CUM) -->
          <T n="event_start_timecode">1.23456</T> <!-- Decimal Number in animation duration of when this event triggers -->
          <T n="event_target">a1</T> <!-- Event Target that represents actor Numerical ID or the object used for sex ('a0' is Actor ID 0, 'o' is the object used for sex, 'p0' is Prop ID 0) -->
          <T n="cum_layer_type">FACE</T> <!-- Cum Layer Type to apply on the Event Target (FACE, CHEST, BACK, VAGINA, BUTT, FEET) -->
        </U> <!-- [END OF EVENT ENTRY] -->

</L>

</U> <!-- [END OF ANIMATION ENTRY] -->

<!-- Next Animation Goes Here -->
  </L>
</I>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

do i need to delete the parts that im not using?

Did i set the genders correctly?

I would really appreciate some help, thank you ^^

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_616D0D50ECEEB464.xml

1 hour ago, xAhegao said:

do i need to delete the parts that im not using?

Did i set the genders correctly?

Hi, there were a couple of formatting mistakes (one missing tag and two tags in the wrong order) in the XML.

This one should be fixed:

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_616D0D50ECEEB464.xml

Aside from that, the clip_names are missing (f.ex. in line 22).

You need to replace those with the clip names for the corresponding "clip". You can see that in S4PE:

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.cef756caf9d7192760cfcd26a8b4601a.JPG

I might very well have missed something, but I would start from there.

7 hours ago, elys19 said:

Hi, there were a couple of formatting mistakes (one missing tag and two tags in the wrong order) in the XML.

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_616D0D50ECEEB464.xml 8.23 kB · 0 downloads

You need to replace those with the clip names for the corresponding "clip". You can see that in S4PE:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you so much ! i'll see if it works

9 hours ago, elys19 said:

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_616D0D50ECEEB464.xml 8.23 kB · 3 downloads

Hide contents

hi, it still didnt work,