The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

On 1/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Lephor said:

Hello, I created a test animation, just to feel the process before  really started.
My problem is that in the game, my sims aren't running all the animation and they aren't in the correct position.
I've tried everything, checked blender and until then I can't identify what might be wrong.

Looks like you moved the root bone in object mode. When you append a second actor (3, 4...11 doesn't matter lol ) first switched to the pose mode.

10 hours ago, 0zzzy said:

Unfortunately, I am not good at Blender (I use 3D Max). And looking at the video, I don’t know what you are doing right or not.

Regarding the wrong orientation of the character - perhaps you rotated the character by means of the bone b__ROOT__. This bone cannot be touched. Use transformBone for this purpose.

8 hours ago, Grey Naya said:

Looks like you moved the root bone in object mode. When you append a second actor (3, 4...11 doesn't matter lol ) first switched to the pose mode.

Thank you so much for answer.
I have two questions:
1. as I make this mistake, is there a way to fix it without losing all my progress or should I give up on this test and do another one from scratch?
2. If I can't touch that bone (b_ROOT_bind_), which one should I use to rotate and reposition my characters?

52 minutes ago, Lephor said:

1. as I make this mistake, is there a way to fix it without losing all my progress or should I give up on this test and do another one from scratch?

you just need to return the b__ROOT__ bone to its original position.

Spoiler

01.jpg.c2cf484422cd96e35d421db599c5b1f1.jpg

54 minutes ago, Lephor said:

2. If I can't touch that bone (b_ROOT_bind_), which one should I use to rotate and reposition my characters?

do not touch b_ROOT_
use b_ROOT_bind_

Spoiler

02.jpg.53c494938934a47326c2e1ace41c37b0.jpg

11 hours ago, elrichmctl2 said:

Sorry for my english, ok download this rig but my question is how to move the extremities (arms, heands, legs etc) i am new en blender if you can put pictures pointing me it would be great thx

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1f4fcba5063407d060b80123c89150c.png

This object here moves the hand

Screenshot_39.png.e8d4f2d330ebe81bc8dd33262b8bf1d6.png

And this one the leg

Screenshot_40.png.193f40d5ff59e5608441dfade5fbac81.png

I created an animation of 2 people and followed the guide but it doesent even appear in my game i guess something is wrong in my XML, it happened to them and just in case the blender clips:

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_A4191D16C95D3798.xml

separate clips hombre.blend and mujer.blend

in blender when i press the middle button of the mouse the camara is very difficult to control on the sides, is there any trick to control the camara better?

4 hours ago, elrichmctl2 said:

Great, when i press the middle button of the mouse the camara is very difficult to control on the sides, is there any trick to control the camara better?

It's something you will have to get use to:

5 hours ago, elrichmctl2 said:

I created an animation of 2 people and followed the guide but it doesent even appear in my game i guess something is wrong in my XML, it happened to them and just in case the blender clips:

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_A4191D16C95D3798.xml 3.46 kB · 0 downloads

separate clips hombre.blend and mujer.blend

in blender when i press the middle button of the mouse the camara is very difficult to control on the sides, is there any trick to control the camara better?

I did not delve into the details, but try to fix the syntax first. Two tags are missing at the end of XML:

</L>
</I>

I also recommend that you use more than just tags <T> </T>. 
Try using this syntax:
(this will help keep the document legible)

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWoohooAnimationPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwoohoo.utils_snippets" n="rai:test1" s="11824514280342763416"> <!-- 'n' as your package name and 's' as decimal id of your package -->
    <T n="wickedwoohoo_animations">1</T>
    <L n="animations_list">
        <U>
            <T n="animation_is_unique">1</T>
            <T n="animation_display_name">0x8AB5C094</T> <!-- STBL Hex for displayed animation name -->
            <T n="animation_author">rai</T> <!-- Author of this animation -->
            <T n="animation_locations">FLOOR</T> <!-- List of categories of location where animation can be played -->
            <T n="animation_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of animation (HANDJOB, ORALJOB, TEASING, VAGINAL, ANAL) -->
            <T n="animation_length">60</T> <!-- Lenght of animation in sims minutes (seconds in real life on normal speed) -->

<L n="animation_actors_list"> <!-- List of actors in animation -->
                <U>
                    <T n="actor_id">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents set actor -->
                    <T n="animation_name">RAI:PosePack_202001251405415755_set_1</T> <!-- Animation ID name of clip -->
                    <T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction the sim is doing (NONE, HANDJOB, ORALJOB, TEASING, VAGINAL, ANAL) -->
                    <T n="animation_genders">MALE</T> <!-- Gender role of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH) -->
                    <T n="animation_naked_flags">BOTTOM</T> <!-- Naked flag for set body parts (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL) -->
                    <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T>
                    <T n="animation_y_offset">0</T> <!-- Offset of animation position in y axis [OPTIONAL FIELD] -->
                    <T n="animation_facing_offset">0</T> <!-- Offset of animation angle in 360 degrees [OPTIONAL FIELD] -->

<L n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions it has with other sims -->
                        <U> <!-- This actor interaction it has with set actor  -->
                            <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T> <!-- ID of sim this actor is interacting with -->
                            <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction sim is receiving from this actor -->
                        </U>
                    </L>
                </U>
                <U>
                    <T n="actor_id">1</T> <!-- Numerical ID that represents set actor -->
                    <T n="animation_name">RAI:PosePack_202001251405415755_set_2</T> <!-- Animation ID name of clip -->
                    <T n="animation_type">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction the sim is doing (NONE, HANDJOB, ORALJOB, TEASING, VAGINAL, ANAL) -->
                    <T n="animation_genders">FEMALE</T> <!-- Gender role of this actor (MALE, FEMALE, BOTH) -->
                    <T n="animation_naked_flags">NONE</T> <!-- Naked flag for set body parts (NONE, TOP, BOTTOM, ALL) -->
                    <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T>
                    <T n="animation_y_offset">0</T> <!-- Offset of animation position in y axis [OPTIONAL FIELD] -->
                    <T n="animation_facing_offset">0</T> <!-- Offset of animation angle in 360 degrees [OPTIONAL FIELD] -->

<L n="actor_interactions"> <!-- List of this actor interactions it has with other sims -->
                        <U> <!-- This actor interaction it has with set actor  -->
                            <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T> <!-- ID of sim this actor is interacting with -->
                            <T n="receiving_actor_category">TEASING</T> <!-- Category of interaction sim is receiving from this actor -->
                        </U>
                    </L>
                </U>
            </L>
        </U>
    </L>
</I>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, i've recently downloaded FlowerSimsFactory's Melodine Rigs and i've got some problems with the eyelids; when i move/tilt the head at certain angles with the lookAt controller, the eyelids seem to be stuck in one place and not moving along the controller properly, making the eye to clip through the eyelids with this result:

Spoiler

Wut.PNG.835ab100a38adce25d91f095b4859f65.PNGSide.PNG.eeb985dc7e9f82142c8250855188b35d.PNGBLEN.PNG.595c050c532d73c81a9b8120390765e2.PNG

Does this happen to anybody else or  just me? Does anyone knows how to fix this?

In Advance, Thanks

ezgif-6-b620560ad4af.gif.4f365b8104ef322c796c076b4c78b63e.gif

If you left click on the eyes and go into the 'Bone Constraints' tab (the one with the icon with a bone and a chain link next to it), you'll see where it has it locked to the IK rig.

Click the 'X' at the top of the box and it'll remove them. You have to do this for 'Lower Lid Controller', 'Upper Lid Controller', and 'Eye Target' for both eyes and lids.

After the constraints are gone, you can control the eyes and eyelids using the Maxis rig and they won't do that weird freaky face thing anymore.

@DeyRoyNel

35 minutes ago, Missme12 said:

ezgif-6-b620560ad4af.gif.4f365b8104ef322c796c076b4c78b63e.gif

If you left click on the eyes and go into the 'Bone Constraints' tab (the one with the icon with a bone and a chain link next to it), you'll see where it has it locked to the IK rig.

Click the 'X' at the top of the box and it'll remove them. You have to do this for 'Lower Lid Controller', 'Upper Lid Controller', and 'Eye Target' for both eyes and lids.

After the constraints are gone, you can control the eyes and eyelids using the Maxis rig and they won't do that weird freaky face thing anymore.

@DeyRoyNel

Problem solved, Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, it's me again!

I've just made a tiny package for testing, and although the XML code is alright (My animation name and stuff appears in the game), when i play my animation InGame the characters are overlapped and the animation doesn't run properly; one of them just moves the bottom part of the body and the other one just stays still.

Spoiler

lol.png.d0568f540cdf382af0eee2b2db56dbfd.png

Kinda looks like the vivutrian man lol

So i guess the problem is on the setting of the clips but i can't figure out what it is.

If someone can help me with this issue i'd really appreciate it

I attached the package file, so you can check its xml and clips info and see if the issue is there. Tell me if i should attach something else.

WW_TESTDRN_ANIMATIONS.package

On 3/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, SirAuser said:

Hello, it's me again!

I've just made a tiny package for testing, and although the XML code is alright (My animation name and stuff appears in the game), when i play my animation InGame the characters are overlapped and the animation doesn't run properly; one of them just moves the bottom part of the body and the other one just stays still.

Reveal hidden contents

lol.png.d0568f540cdf382af0eee2b2db56dbfd.png

Kinda looks like the vivutrian man lol

So i guess the problem is on the setting of the clips but i can't figure out what it is.

If someone can help me with this issue i'd really appreciate it

I attached the package file, so you can check its xml and clips info and see if the issue is there. Tell me if i should attach something else.

WW_TESTDRN_ANIMATIONS.package 15.65 kB · 1 download

UPDATE:

I SOLVED IT!

Yeah, the animations didn't play properly because when i baked them in blender i didn't uncheck the "Only selected" box and forgot to delete the controlRig.

Now they're working good in game!

I will work more in this project, and maybe i'll be releasing new content soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, spiralqq said:

Animations won't show in game and my assumption is it's an XML error. If anyone's kind enough to help I'd love you forever

pitlicktest.package 60.24 kB · 5 downloads

XML can be a pain. Use s4p4 and look at how someone else makes a XML. I'm still new myself, but I don't think those STBLs should be there.

Edit: Are you using the wicked whims tutorial?

So, I am having trouble exporting furniture into blender using S4S. I fallow https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/137369/exporting-objects-from-the-sims-4-5

and it gives me a blender file, but it doesn't have the meshes I need.

Update: So, someone on S4S's forums suggested it was my version of blender, 2.79b. I downloaded 2.70b and I could export the meshes properly. Out of curiosity, I re-downloaded 2.79b...and I was still able to export the meshes properly. Not sure what happened, but if anyone else is having this issue, try what I did.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm wrong please let me know. If I start to learn animations for WW, My checklist should be as followed:

1.  Importing the object that the animations will be taken place on. Counter, Couch, Bed, Chairs.... etc... Correct?

2.  Would be the actors that are in the animation. The rigs? Correct? Which are better the helper type rigs or just the ones that Turbo uploaded?

3.  Then my vision of how the action goes. Correct?

4.  Then separate and label each actors gender and the action for each. Correct

5.  The Object can just be deleted all together, afterwards. Correct?

I appreciate any and all help.

1: Yes, just append the meshes like you append actors to the blend. Make sure though that you don't move the furniture, they're the reference point for the animation.

2: You absolutely want some rigs that have at least inverse Kinematics built in. The basic sims rigs are a pain to animate.

3: Workflow is different for everybody, I recommend bringing the actors in the starting position for your animation and work from there.

4: Yes, separate the actors into individual .blend files.

5: Yes you don't need the objects, they are just for reference.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:44 AM, Ōkami X Ningen said:

XML can be a pain. Use s4p4 and look at how someone else makes a XML. I'm still new myself, but I don't think those STBLs should be there.

Edit: Are you using the wicked whims tutorial?

Yeah, I used the WickedWhims tutorial but I still wasn't getting the hang of it. I've decided to give up on this endeavour hahaha