The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

9 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

Which IK rigs are people using for WW animations nowadays? I have looked around the forum and cannot find this information.

I'm using noirs futa, 'couse I can deside in xml weather it's male female or both, with/-out strap-on etc... Thou! I'm moving every joint 1by1 to get what I want... slow, but I like to pay attention for the things I do...

So I'm not having constrains or what it was called...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to 3D animating, and I have a few questions. But I'm gonna start with this one.

I've recently changing from FK rigs to IK rigs (IK's just what I need so I don't spend all this time repositioning limbs - I'm super thankful for them). I'll get specs out of the way:

- Blender 7.9

- Main rig: rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1

- Appended rig: LargeDog_IK

The goal: to have the guy grab a dick, but. I can't close his hand. At all. In fact, I can't work with individual bones/joints anymore, on this particular rig. Eyes, mouth, shoulders, feet, fingers... nothing works, except the penis joints. Works as expected on the dog rig, but the male rig? Big nope.

By "not working" I mean that the rotations register on the Transform tab, but aren't reflected on the model during the animation. I don't know how to solve this. I tried changing from IK to FK with the slider, but that doesn't work either: the rotations aren't mirrored onto the asset. I can select joints from the rig_male section, but that's the extent of it. The model remains in place no matter if I grab/rotate/etc with the rig_male joints; it only works for sections if I have rig_control_male selected, but that doesn't seem to have an option for the hands to close, the fingers to move individually, or the eyes to move, for example. That I can see.

If I delete the IK rigging, I can move individual joints just fine... but it defeats the point to use IK rigs.

Since the dog rig works fine, I'm assuming the "issue" is with this particular rig preventing separate joints to be moved while active. I can't deactivate it and keep my movements either.

Spoiler

image.png.049d87f4c0098bbc904f08a33d4ab4ee.png

Alternatives are welcome! I'm looking for IK rigs, or a workaround to rotate individual bones on this rig.

Thank you!

I don't use that rig, but I'm pretty sure you've selected the wrong one.
Check the outline to the right, you're working on the normal rig. For this rig you should be working with the control rig.

Click on the tab with the bone and chain on the right and you should see that these bones are constrained to the control rig.

So you just need to select the control and you should be good to go.

Also you can hide the original rig by clicking on the eye in the outline, that way you shouldn't accidentally switch back to the normal rig when you select a bone.

26 minutes ago, bearlyAlive said:

I don't use that rig, but I'm pretty sure you've selected the wrong one.
Check the outline to the right, you're working on the normal rig. For this rig you should be working with the control rig.

Click on the tab with the bone and chain on the right and you should see that these bones are constrained to the control rig.

So you just need to select the control and you should be good to go.

Also you can hide the original rig by clicking on the eye in the outline, that way you shouldn't accidentally switch back to the normal rig when you select a bone.

Except the control rig doesn't enable me to fold fingers or move anything independently. I can't, for example, form a fist, because I can't rotate those joints from the control. The joints themselves don't seem to be linked to anything I can work with, so likely I'm going to either modify the rig myself (which I have no idea how to do) or find a different rig.

I had the regular FK rig from WickedWhims' page, but I was getting really annoyed at repositioning everything so often, and that ended up killing a few animations. I found about the IK rig, read a bit on how it works, but I'm not super knowledgeable still.

So if there are more IK rigs out there, I'd be interested. It's not a bad rig on its own, just not adapted to what I want, I guess.

Ok I found the answer, the rig you're using works with layers, the finger controls are on a different layer.

Select the control rig, on the layers section you'll see 5 little boxes with dots in them in the top, and 3 in the bottom row. The second box in the top row contains the finger controls.

Click on that box and zoom to the hands you should see some very thin lines. That are the finger controls.

6 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

Ok I found the answer, the rig you're using works with layers, the finger controls are on a different layer.

Select the control rig, on the layers section you'll see 5 little boxes with dots in them in the top, and 3 in the bottom row. The second box in the top row contains the finger controls.

Click on that box and zoom to the hands you should see some very thin lines. That are the finger controls.

Oooh! Wow. Alright! Thank you so much! Definitely makes things easier now that I know that.

I'm trying to extract animations from the Mother Plant, but it doesn't seem possible with Sims Studio. (I'm only able to extract EA Sims/pets animations)

Do you you know a way to do this ? Animating the plant from scratch is a pain I don't want to go through.

anyone aware of a xml change needed for the latest WW public release? (4.3.5.142b) My animations package is no longer working, was working fine till I updated(didn't use the previous update "a" as I was waiting like normal for the smoke to clear :P) Pretty sure its an xml issue, had this problem when I tried installing my first custom animation, and had to look at another animators xml, and found my issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated, was really excited to update and use the prop feature to complete what I wanted for the animations, and now I got nothing lol

On 6/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, bobahloo said:

anyone aware of a xml change needed for the latest WW public release? (4.3.5.142b) My animations package is no longer working, was working fine till I updated(didn't use the previous update "a" as I was waiting like normal for the smoke to clear :P) Pretty sure its an xml issue, had this problem when I tried installing my first custom animation, and had to look at another animators xml, and found my issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated, was really excited to update and use the prop feature to complete what I wanted for the animations, and now I got nothing lol

I literally have the exact same issue, for now all you can do is remove the prop part from the XML and the animation will work again(without the animated prop obviously). I think it could be that the prop function is not supposed to be public version yet, it may be that Turbo forgot to add all the prop parts to the public version. 'Tis a shame.

9 hours ago, Simite said:

I literally have the exact same issue, for now all you can do is remove the prop part from the XML and the animation will work again(without the animated prop obviously). I think it could be that the prop function is not supposed to be public version yet, it may be that Turbo forgot to add all the prop parts to the public version. 'Tis a shame.

Hmm...that was one of the first things I tried, still won't work.  In the release notes it says that feature is now available for the public release, which I have been waiting to use. I looked at a bunch of peoples xml files that are working and I'm stumped. Some had exactly like I had, some left things in that weren't used, some were a complete mess and some super tidy with all features not needed completely deleted from the xml. I used the raw animation name feature, lots had it just like that and they work, and other used that other method with the number stuff that didn't work for me.

But thanks for the input, I may have deleted something I shouldn't have when trying to clean it up, might give that a shot again, pretty sure I saved a back-up before I started messing with it.

I've also created a new animation last night, was gonna just make a new package with that and see if it works, if so then try to add the new prop stuff, then if all that goes well try adding in my other animations from the package that seems to be dead now...simple;)

First start with latest WW from LL removed buildings, interactions, and floors from builmode, but as on other threats say, latest S4 update kills CC pretty much, I'm playin patch after strangeville and hard reset on s4 folder ( delete and re-open blank game [ re-instal mods, tray etc...] ) fixed all issues so far I've been having (my animations work too...) 

I got +20 "finished" animations [+10 already in .package] waiting a moment I can put my self into XML... just can't find a half evening I could put up an update for my animations... 

... and the funny thing is... I'm on my summer vacation...

• 2 weeks later...

it only took 4 moths to finish my update... aaaand now as I got island living installed I'll need to go around all old animations and see if they would fit into some locations in this upgrade... (mainly floor etc, to place beach towel as location... ) 

And I came up with a new question: what gategory are ppl using as/ for titjob as it has no own category in WW ( this is because I have two tit"fak" animation for next update already waiting to be but into package... and as they are not teasingly sensitive I do not think it'll be fitting place for them... neither a handjob, but that is only one left...

Spoiler

titjob_1.png.b6090b1ad25968f8e64b671f948d5ec2.png

This would look nice on sunset beach ... :P 

8 hours ago, HKo_83 said:

it only took 4 moths to finish my update... aaaand now as I got island living installed I'll need to go around all old animations and see if they would fit into some locations in this upgrade... (mainly floor etc, to place beach towel as location... ) 

And I came up with a new question: what gategory are ppl using as/ for titjob as it has no own category in WW ( this is because I have two tit"fak" animation for next update already waiting to be but into package... and as they are not teasingly sensitive I do not think it'll be fitting place for them... neither a handjob, but that is only one left...

Hide contents

titjob_1.png.b6090b1ad25968f8e64b671f948d5ec2.png

This would look nice on sunset beach ... :P

Teasing for titjob :)

Btw it looks very good! Can't wait for the update!

10 hours ago, RedAbyss5 said:

Teasing for titjob :)

Btw it looks very good! Can't wait for the update!

thanks! I kinda supersized my self with this one... and the other one, how well they appeared... 

also coming up with few window/ wall mirror animations, but they need a little tweak first...

has the sunbathing towel a WW location or is it something I'd need to use WWID tried to look from turbos but all I found were the lounge chairs and the floating one...

1 hour ago, doan77 said:

How do i lock an item in a hand in blender ?

Select the item, click on the constraints tab (chain symbol), select child of constraint.

Select the rig as target and a hand bone in that rig as parent point.

Reposition the object in the desired position and you should be good to go.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, SapphoSynergy said:

I'm trying a simple test animation, but it's not showing up in the game. I'm not sure if it's due to my XML file or something else. Does anyone want to take a gander at it?

S4_7DF2169C_07CD944A32DD6E3D.xml 9.3 kB · 0 downloads

Okay so because I can't see the actual package name I must check that first your package name is exactly this "BedTest.package" Correct?

In the Actor 0 and also actor 1 section of the animation, the animation clip name should be something like Sappho:PosePack_201911281732024010_set_1/2 You will find the exact name like this in S4S when you click the clip in the warehouse tab and then on the side under Clip name.

This is why your animation isn't working in game because you're not putting the clip names in the XML, you have instead just used some names you made up.

That brings me to the third point you have filled both Hexadecimal ID for animation name, and raw input for animation name. You only need to fill one of these options and then delete the  other.

You can also delete any of the events and prop sections if you're not planning to use them.

I hope this helps.

14 hours ago, Akdmico said:

you know of some object or furniture where a sims can lie down, but that has a height lower than a footrest (the object does not have to fulfill the function of sitting or lying down, I only occupy it for an animation)

Some Coffee Tables, Meditation Stool, that's about it really.

Crabs! I seem to have hard time to place characters in xml in correct order... 

witch character is actor 0? the on on top or on the floor? I know the first xml templates had the explanations of what does what but I started using the one with the explanations and have now erased them... I know I've most likely misplaced the actor 0 and 1 but 

Spoiler

1433562628_07-01-19_6-25-10AM.png.5ff3c8da6f756241fd42862672eeeee2.png

The one on the floor should be with dick or strap-on but and so far I've changed them twice arround and ending up with this situation in one out of three animations...

6 hours ago, HKo_83 said:

Crabs! I seem to have hard time to place characters in xml in correct order... 

witch character is actor 0? the on on top or on the floor? I know the first xml templates had the explanations of what does what but I started using the one with the explanations and have now erased them... I know I've most likely misplaced the actor 0 and 1 but 

Hide contents

1433562628_07-01-19_6-25-10AM.png.5ff3c8da6f756241fd42862672eeeee2.png

The one on the floor should be with dick or strap-on but and so far I've changed them twice arround and ending up with this situation in one out of three animations...

Actor 0 is whoever you assign to the blender clip, same as 1 :P