The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

5 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

Actor number doesn't matter for who is on top and who on bottom. Which actor has the top animation and which the bottom, that's what matters.

So If you want actor 0 on top, make sure they have the top animation clip assigned.

2 hours ago, RedAbyss5 said:

Actor 0 is whoever you assign to the blender clip, same as 1 :P 

Right, so that's what I've misplaced well lucky enough I'll see who's who in xml 

Thanks a bunch!

On 7/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, HKo_83 said:

Right, so that's what I've misplaced well lucky enough I'll see who's who in xml 

Thanks a bunch!

Hmm, it makes no difference which you assign as actor0 or 1 in terms of making it work.

Actor0 is always the Active sim when in game, in equal situations like this animation there isn't really a dom/sub situation going on so it's really not going to matter who is actor0. 

I'm hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong here. My sim model I'm using is the MALEBPC master TesticlesPhys version 1 and when I created my animation with blender it looks great! But when I package the file and try it out in game it completely distorts its body upon itself and I do not know what exactly I did wrong. Is it something simple I forgot to account for or did I break something... Not sure... Any help would be greatly appreciated~!

This is what it looks like in blender:

Spoiler

71cd8373c2.png

And this is what it looks like in-game:

Spoiler

a37410f9f1.png

I've made a a lot of animations in blender, but can't create any new packages. Everything seemed to be working the first time I uploaded my animation, but after the update to the game it's like nothing is working for me anymore... AHHH

On 7/7/2019 at 12:43 AM, kageromaru said:

I'm hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong here. My sim model I'm using is the MALEBPC master TesticlesPhys version 1 and when I created my animation with blender it looks great! But when I package the file and try it out in game it completely distorts its body upon itself and I do not know what exactly I did wrong. Is it something simple I forgot to account for or did I break something... Not sure... Any help would be greatly appreciated~!

This is what it looks like in blender:

Reveal hidden contents

71cd8373c2.png

And this is what it looks like in-game:

Reveal hidden contents

a37410f9f1.png

I've made a a lot of animations in blender, but can't create any new packages. Everything seemed to be working the first time I uploaded my animation, but after the update to the game it's like nothing is working for me anymore... AHHH

update s4studio

On 7/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, kageromaru said:

You know... I think I've updated everything else EXCEPT S4studio :x ... I'll try that!

I've updated it and the problem remains Hmmm... Unsure how to fix maybe I should just release my blender files later or something idk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! After enjoying WW and all that comes with it for a couple of months, I decided to try my hand at animating. I've got three quick question about the XML tuning file.

1) If I don't use any props for the animation, can I delete the entire prop entry block or do I  just remove the values?

2) For the event time codes: Are those time codes in relation to the duration of one animation loop or the entire duration for however many loops defined for <T n="animation_loops">7</T> <!-- Number of times the animation will play in a row -->?

3) When importing the XML file into the package with s4pe, do I need to name the XML file in a specific way or does it not matter?

On 7/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, ???Yū??? said:

Hello! After enjoying WW and all that comes with it for a couple of months, I decided to try my hand at animating. I've got three quick question about the XML tuning file.

1) If I don't use any props for the animation, can I delete the entire prop entry block or do I  just remove the values?

2) For the event time codes: Are those time codes in relation to the duration of one animation loop or the entire duration for however many loops defined for <T n="animation_loops">7</T> <!-- Number of times the animation will play in a row -->?

3) When importing the XML file into the package with s4pe, do I need to name the XML file in a specific way or does it not matter?

1) No do not rly know what do you mean

2) You can see the duration of the clip with S4S if the clip duration is 2 seconds and you put 30 in that row the animation will repeat 30 times that means you animation will be played for 30x2=60 seconds = 1 min

3) Yes the XML file need to have a specific name it is explained into the tutorial (it is different for each animators)

Hello guys i will try to keep an eye on this topic to help with the expetience i made as animator in these months , but i need you help now...
So i made this animation for my Patreon package, as far is a Stair aniamation it should be played on the stairs, but as far as i know there is no option to activate animation on builditems such walls, stairs, roofs etc.
So i had to "fix" in that way (activating by a lamp as showed into the gif)
Do you know if there is another solution? :P
Thanks in advice.

Spoiler

1.gif?token-time=1565049600&token-hash=0

48 minutes ago, TheGamerBoy96 said:

Hello guys i will try to keep an eye on this topic to help with the expetience i made as animator in these months , but i need you help now...
So i made this animation for my Patreon package, as far is a Stair aniamation it should be played on the stairs, but as far as i know there is no option to activate animation on builditems such walls, stairs, roofs etc.
So i had to "fix" in that way (activating by a lamp as showed into the gif)
Do you know if there is another solution? :P
Thanks in advice.

Reveal hidden contents

1.gif?token-time=1565049600&token-hash=0

Hi. Maybe you try Azmodan's way with rugs:

On 7/24/2019 at 1:49 AM, TheGamerBoy96 said:

1) No do not rly know what do you mean

2) You can see the duration of the clip with S4S if the clip duration is 2 seconds and you put 30 in that row the animation will repeat 30 times that means you animation will be played for 30x2=60 seconds = 1 min

3) Yes the XML file need to have a specific name it is explained into the tutorial (it is different for each animators)

Thank you for your response! Sorry for the late reply and being a bit unclear with my questions. I'm an absolute beginner.

1) I'm talking about this code block. If I'm not using any props, can I just delete the entire block?1690702800_Screenshot(98).png.db2dfe94a05f7fc2305f697c0de32af9.png

3) I understood how to name the XML file itself, but I think I might have just overlooked something obvious. Am I correct to assume that I rename the file inside s4pe to match the XML file name before import?

670392608_Screenshot(99).png.fb40e577fca2ca6a5042a1b8350498a7.png

32 minutes ago, ???Yū??? said:

Thank you for your response! Sorry for the late reply and being a bit unclear with my questions. I'm an absolute beginner.

1) I'm talking about this code block. If I'm not using any props, can I just delete the entire block?1690702800_Screenshot(98).png.db2dfe94a05f7fc2305f697c0de32af9.png

3) I understood how to name the XML file itself, but I think I might have just overlooked something obvious. Am I correct to assume that I rename the file inside s4pe to match the XML file name before import?

670392608_Screenshot(99).png.fb40e577fca2ca6a5042a1b8350498a7.png

1) Im not using Prop so i do not have that code block, you can remove it 
3) The XML name it hat window does not matter, i do not have any name there

Hi Everyone,

I know these two questions have been asked before, but if possible can it be clarified in more detail ?

1. I have created a 2 person animation, but instead of both characters facing each other from a reasonable distance apart, they are both standing on top of each other facing same direction. I have tried moving them apart in Blender Pose Mode, and also Zero out the transformation. Nothing appears to be working. 

Can someone provide a play by play what needs to be done ?

2. When it comes to props, do separate animation clips have to be created for each prop held by the character ?

For example, if I wanted the character to use a dildo, or a vibrator, or a wine bottle, or a carrot, does an animation clip have to be made for each item ? 

Even if all the props are using the same animation? or could this be handled by a script that replaces the prop in the hand on the fly ?

Thanks in advance!

So, I made some animations for WW which imo turned out pretty well, however, before I submit them I would like to see what I can do about making the looping more smoove, at the moment it seems to pause for a very brief moment before it plays again.

8 hours ago, Hedgelord said:

So, I made some animations for WW which imo turned out pretty well, however, before I submit them I would like to see what I can do about making the looping more smoove, at the moment it seems to pause for a very brief moment before it plays again.

Is the animation smooth in blender? Then the length of the clip in S4 studio is set incorrectly.

If it's not smooth in blender, select all keyframes of the first frame and copy/paste them to the last frame.

15 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

Is the animation smooth in blender? Then the length of the clip in S4 studio is set incorrectly.

If it's not smooth in blender, select all keyframes of the first frame and copy/paste them to the last frame.

It's smooth in blender as I copied the first frame over (this frame isn't included in the final count, however for obvious reasons). Including the 0 frame and not including the last frame (which has been discounted due to it being the same as first) there are 100 frames and I times this by the frame length to get the duration.

5 hours ago, skypavel said:

My animation does not appear in the list of animations in the game. I did everything according to the instructions.  What am I doing wrong?
Here is the animation file http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1169237/

Unfortunately, the guides are not clear enough on what 'animation_clip_name' is, this is the automatically assigned name and not the one you enter in S4pe, that one is just labeling for easier use later on.

For example the 'animation_clip_name' for what you labeled 'sofablowjob' is actually 'Odsims:PosePack_201908032101037676_set_2'.

Your clip names can be found in the read out for each CLIP file in S4pe under 'ClipName'.

15 hours ago, skypavel said:

Thanks, I fixed it.
But my animation still doesn't appear in the game

Did you make sure to 'bake' the pose on the rig and not the controls? If you get T-posing then this will likely be the cause.

1 hour ago, skypavel said:

Yes, sure

The problem is that it does not even appear in the list of animations wickedwhims

If you send the most recent version of the file and I will look over it again for you.

10 hours ago, skypavel said:

Here is the last file http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1177310/
And here is the archive with animation for the blender https://simfileshare.net/download/1177311/

Had a look and managed to get it working. I noticed that you changed the 'animation_clip_name' which is good, however, you also changed the name of the CLIP in S4pe (by double clicking), you didn't need to do this (this isn't why it wasn't working though).

As you have the gender set as BOTH, you want to set a prefered gender, this means setting 'animation_pref_gender' to MALE. It's also a good idea to remove the 'animation_offset's' if you aren't using these also, aswell as the 'props list' and 'events list'.

You also want to set your animation loops to more than 2 as this will mean that your animation won't have time to play out.

Looking at the Blender files, it seems you have moved the sofa backwards, this has resulted in the animations not to line up in game meaning that they are inside the back of the sofa, you want to keep the sofa in the place that it defaults to when you append it in.

Someone could pass me the sun loungers of Island Living, I don't have that expansion pack and I think they are a bit different from those of the base game at least in the part where I want to do the animation. I just want my animation to look good on all the sunbeds.