3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Funnily enough I started a new game yesterday and all was fine - What version of the game are you playing?

The most recent. SE. 

I have started dozens if not hundreds of games without issue. Definitely not saying the mod is the issue. I am sure I changed something that is causing problem. Just seeing if anyone experienced similar issue with possible solution.

5 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

The most recent. SE. 

I have started dozens if not hundreds of games without issue. Definitely not saying the mod is the issue. I am sure I changed something that is causing problem. Just seeing if anyone experienced similar issue with possible solution.

Yes I'm on SE too - was just wondering if it was some AE weirdness but tbh should be fine with both, post a log of startup and I can check for anything obvious

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, ImmortalDreamer27 said:

I like the idea of this mod but I had to stop using it because I was unable to interact with butterflies, dragonflies, and small fish.

That's not a very helpful comment.  It's a complaint with no detail.  If you want to help the mod author, and other players who might considering using the mod, you might explain what you saw and what you did.  What exactly is the problem that you had?  Is it random, or does it happen every time?  What steps would a player have to take to see the same problem?  What mod settings did you change to try to fix it?  What was the result?  What other things did you try to solve the problem?  Do you have other mods installed that affect butterflies and such, and did you check for a conflict?  Mods that try to change the same thing probably won't work well together. 

With that kind of information, the author would be much more likely to understand what was happening in your game and then be able to attempt to fix it.  Or, if it was just a misunderstanding on your part, someone could explain what you'd need to change to solve it.

For what it's worth, I've used this for a long time and I've had zero trouble interacting with butterflies, and if you look through the comments, I don't believe that there's another one about this kind of thing.  That suggests that problem is specific to your game and that it's something that you can fix -- if you just offer more specifics.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, ImmortalDreamer27 said:

I like the idea of this mod but I had to stop using it because I was unable to interact with butterflies, dragonflies, and small fish.

Check the MCM. There's a default option that disallows harvesting bugs and such unless you know one of their effects.  If this is news to you, then toggling that option will most likely fix this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

request/suggestion for future:

tentacle corruption flag. current default of ingredients is 95 for normal effects and 4 for estrus. when estrus triggers from harvesting, config is updated to -1 non estrus, +1 estrus. so config after first time would be 94 and 5. and so on. could apply to all the FMEA categories.

28 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Sorry - not sure what you are requesting - can you elaborate a bit more please? 

using harvesting as an example. when harvest failure occurs that triggers an estrus attack, asking for the configuration to be automatically changed to increase the likelihood that it will happen again - simulating a type of corruption. when i start, i use the default values of contact probability of 95 and estrus probability of 4. after the first failure, i go and change configuration to 94 and 5 respectively. would like to see if the configuration could be automatically updated after the failure so don't have to so manually and break immersion. 

after several hours of gameplay, contact failure is down to 60 and estrus is up to 39 which makes failure even more dangerous (or biased toward estrus). and so on. 

i'll do the same for mining failure as well. i'll increase the estrus chance by 1 and reduce all other chances by 1.

it adds a little weight and consequence to failure. (as an aside i will do the same thing for devious enchanted chests... another great mod!)

15 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

using harvesting as an example

Thanks - I get it now ?

I think to add this,  I would need to see support for the idea from a reasonable number of users - so, if anyone else would like to see this feature added please like this post

From my point of view you should learn from mistakes or failures. So the chance for another failure should be rather lowered than increased. Furthermore that would not interfere with the acceptance factor.

With an increased failure rate you can be fairly sure that you will fail at a certain stage. Would you do anything if you knew about an almost inevitable punishment for the following attempts? Given that you are not an utter masochist …

• 1 month later...

Suggestions for new alchemy features:

A configurable risk factor for the number of effects the potion has.  A 1-effect potion would reduce risk by this amount, 2-effect potions would unaffected, and the risk for potions with 3 or more effects would increase by the amount times the number of effects above 2.  This offers incentive for novices to focus on easy beginner potions, while reducing the likelihood of getting lucky with a 4-effect potion.  Do you risk trying for a valuable multi-effect potion, little novice, or do you play it safe?

Mostly for roleplay, a configurable bonus or penalty for poisons and non-poisons.  An assassin might have a rare gift for poisons but never be much good at beneficial potions, even with long experience.  The reverse would be true for a healer.

Edited by HexBolt8
9 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Suggestions for new alchemy features:

A configurable risk factor for the number of effects the potion has.  A 1-effect potion would reduce risk by this amount, 2-effect potions would unaffected, and the risk for potions with 3 or more effects would increase by the amount times the number of effects above 2.  This offers incentive for novices to focus on easy beginner potions, while reducing the likelihood of getting lucky with a 4-effect potion.  Do you risk trying for a valuable multi-effect potion, little novice, or do you play it safe?

Mostly for roleplay, a configurable bonus or penalty for poisons and non-poisons.  An assassin might have a rare gift for poisons but never be much good at beneficial potions, even with long experience.  The reverse would be true for a healer.

Intresting ideas! I'll take a look at how they might be implemented - with AE it appears some other stuff might be possible too but I'm working on a releasing a new mod in the next few weeks so FMEA is in a queue! 

7 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I'll take a look at how they might be implemented

If it helps, I'd hacked in the first suggestion to try in my game.

Spoiler

It's one new line in EvaluateAlchemy(), plus adding fEffectsRisk to the risks being summed for the fFailRisk calculation.  The hard-coded factor of course would have to come from an MCM setting.

float fEffectsRisk = (LastPotionAdded.GetNumEffects() - 2) * 20.0; hard-coded factor for now

12 hours ago, vjnmrf said:

A couple of times after poisoning during the harvesting of plants and rape, management did not fully return. That is, the character runs and communicates, but... as in the old Fallout - without turning the map. And most importantly, saving the game is blocked. That is, the scene has not been completed.

I have not seen this reported before.

There are no scenes in FMEA so I suspect it is linked to your Sexlab/Animation setup, FMEA only uses standard SL calls.

I did not build the RU version you have posted and so cannot say if it has been altered in any way.

Edited by Bane Master

For Alchemy, is the "Minimum Failure Chance" option bugged?

I have it set to 1.0% so that there's always a risk to crafting potions, but everytime I fail (Potion spoiled) I consistently trigger one of the harsher punishments (Unstable/Noxious/Magicka/Explosion)

Also, how does "Formulation Experience" work?

Is it based on ingredients? Does order matter i.e. [Bliserwort + Wheat] is the same as [Wheat + Blisterwort] ?

Is it based on Potion Effects / Potion Name? Like as long as the output is named [Restore Health] I will get Formulation Experience Modifier for it, regardless of what Ingredients I use?

Playing on SE, btw

9 hours ago, Lucci213 said:

For Alchemy, is the "Minimum Failure Chance" option bugged?

I will take a look at the code to check - I have a sneaking suspicion I designed it that way as the chance of a critical failure would otherwise be vanishingly small - I thought of  it as the chance  that the Alchemist got overconfident and sloppy...

Formulation experience is  based on Potion Name - using the ingredients would be nice, but it's another level of complexity, I might take a look at it in the future as I have some ideas for FMEA once I have released my current project

Edited by Bane Master
  • 4 weeks later...

The immersion of feeling unskilled at stuff hits with this. 'Splodin' potions and discharging enchantment benches, love it. Had a question though, been using this for ages, but never tried mining, did today and was wondering if there are any mining mods that play nice with this? I'd take this over the mining mods, but I'm curious if there are any.

32 minutes ago, TheDethToad said:

are any mining mods that play nice with this?

Gems In All Mines (available on Nexus for LE & SE) removes gems from ore veins and places mineable geodes that yield gems inside mines.  Say goodbye to getting diamonds by plinking away at iron ore deposits.  If you choose to mine ore, it's because you want the metal, not to get rich quick by finding gems everywhere.  However, if you venture into mines, you'll find those geodes.  Works well with this mod.

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Gems In All Mines (available on Nexus for LE & SE) removes gems from ore veins and places mineable geodes that yield gems inside mines.  Say goodbye to getting diamonds by plinking away at iron ore deposits.  If you choose to mine ore, it's because you want the metal, not to get rich quick by finding gems everywhere.  However, if you venture into mines, you'll find those geodes.  Works well with this mod.

I'll definitely check that out. Was hoping for something more like Advanced Mining though. If something similar isn't possible I'll just go without and stick with the Gems In All Mines. 

• 2 months later...

What's New in Version V1.482 SE/LE (04/11/2022)

Released 

• Eating Ingredients to discover effects can now be disabled/enabled in the MCM
  • When eating ingredients is disabled the 'Experimenter' Perk decreases the chance of failure when researching new potions from unknown effects
  • Toys & Love can now be selected instead of Sexlab for FMEA Love Scenes via the MCM
  • Added a potion complexity factor to Alchemy failure risk
  • Fixed an error in the Alchemy risk calculations
Edited by Bane Master