• 2 weeks later...

Bug Report: Always the same aggressor after failure

Everytime you fail and it leads to getting raped, you always get the same character as the aggressor regardless if the character is across the entire map. Even killing them doesn't stop/reset it. They come back to life just to fuck you! For example:

• Fail at Alchemy
  • Magicka Discharge event, 1st time this occurs
  • Get raped by shopkeep (Arcadia)
  • Travel across the map, into a dungeon, some 10 hours later
  • Fail at Alchemy
  • Magicka Discharge event
  • Get raped by shopkeep (Arcadia) (again)
  • Using a portable Mortar and Pestle, purposely fail at Alchemy in the center of Riften with a lot of NPCs roaming around
  • Magicka Discharge event
  • Get raped by shopkeep (Arcadia) (again) (again)
  • Kill Arcadia via weapon/console
  • Purposefully fail at Alchemy in a crowded place again
  • Get raped by shopkeep (Arcadia) (back from the dead!)

I tested it multiple times and even on a new game and it still happens but the character changes depending on who was your first aggressor. Mostly tested with Alchemy so I'm unsure if other activities can trigger the same bug.

• Skyrim SE 1.5.97
  • FMEA 1.482

Wasn't an issue on the previous version of FMEA. I did install Cooking & Alchemy Complete Overhaul aswell along with the new version. Not sure if that's related.

8 hours ago, Lucci213 said:

Bug Report: Always the same aggressor after failure

There has been no change to FMEA's NPC detection for a long time. The selection is based on an NPC cell scan centred on the Alchemy workbench you are using and then filtered using your gender filter settings.

8 hours ago, Lucci213 said:

I did install Cooking & Alchemy Complete Overhaul

I suspect this is because you are using a CACO portable Pestle and Mortar and so the update for the NPC list is not firing - I will try and find a moment to take a look and see if I can find a solution

Edited by Bane Master
19 hours ago, Bane Master said:

There has been no change to FMEA's NPC detection for a long time. The selection is based on an NPC cell scan centred on the Alchemy workbench you are using and then filtered using your gender filter settings.

I suspect this is because you are using a CACO portable Pestle and Mortar and so the update for the NPC list is not firing - I will try and find a moment to take a look and see if I can find a solution

Did some further testing and tried removing CACO but the Same Aggressor bug still persists. Tho when I downgraded back to a previous version of FMEA, the bug disappeared. With the older FMEA version the bug doesn't occur even with CACO installed and when using the CACO-specific Mortar&Pestle.

What's New in Version V1.483 SE/LE (01/02/2023)

Released 

V1.483

• Completing The Alchemy Tutorial Quest will now grant knowledge of the Health effects of Wheat & Blisterwort
  • Fixed a bug in Alchemy NPC selection
  • Fixed a bug in Toys & Love faction handling
7 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

With SE, is it safe to compact formids to flag as ESL?

As far as I recall there are no FMEA formids hardcoded in the scripts. (Also most of the external forms FMEA uses are stored in JSON, although there are some hard coded as GetFormFromFile but nothing internal).

4 hours ago, Bane Master said:

As far as I recall there are no FMEA formids hardcoded in the scripts. (Also most of the external forms FMEA uses are stored in JSON, although there are some hard coded as GetFormFromFile but nothing internal).

Awesome, I've made it an ESPFE and so far everything seems to be working great! My load order is jam-packed, so anything I add at this point has to be flagged lol. Thanks!

2 hours ago, rickant said:

I've translation this mod for myself, but I can't find the dialogue like "Your chest feels tight" in the Scripts files. Can you tell me where I can find it? Thanks!

To do this you will need to edit the properties strOnEffectStart and strOnEffectFinish for any Spells using fmea_magiceffectdurationscript using the CK.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to prod this to rebuild it's mcm? I did the installation, i got a bunch of modules installed messages but the mcm is stuck at 'install' and no content on the main panel

thank you

edit: just got an enchant event, so it's working, just not the mcm

Edited by korfio
35 minutes ago, korfio said:

Is there any way to prod this to rebuild it's mcm? I did the installation, i got a bunch of modules installed messages but the mcm is stuck at 'install' and no content on the main panel

thank you

Got the same error on new game. To solve the problem, you need to disable the mod, save the game, then MANDATORY clean the save from the scripts of this mod. After that, you can turn the mod back on. Following these steps, I solved this problem for myself.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, mrghost1480 said:

Got the same error on new game. To solve the problem, you need to disable the mod, save the game, then MANDATORY clean the save from the scripts of this mod. After that, you can turn the mod back on. Following these steps, I solved this problem for myself.

Thank you but I don't want to break my save by removing a scripted mod and then reordering all mods after it. I have reverted to a save before I enabled it and left it off. I can provide a log when I enable it, if anyone wants to look into it. Let me know.

A nice additional feature for this mod would be if your character received one of the various devious devices or toys "or were subject to an estrus attack" whenever you broke a lock while trying to open a locked door or chest :).  Or if you stepped on one of the trap trigger plates, or broke one of the trap trip wires that are already in the game this could happen as well :D!  Just throwing out ideas.  This would add to the system more of a trap avoidance/lockpicking test as opposed to just reacting to whatever the RNG happens to do.  What do you guys think?  This mod has promise ?

Edited by SkyTem
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the Difficulty options (Slightly Inconvenient, Mildly Vexatious, Difficult, Challenging) change the duration of effects but how are they ranked?

Is it:

• Short - Slightly Inconvenient
  • Normal - Mildly Vexatious
  • Long - Difficult
  • Very Long - Challenging

or:

• Short - Mildly Vexatious
  • Normal - Slightly Inconvenient
  • Long - Challenging
  • Very Long - Difficult

or something else entirely?

On 3/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, mrghost1480 said:
On 3/19/2023 at 10:26 AM, korfio said:

thank you

Got the same error on new game. To solve the problem,

This is the infamous "SkyUI "initialization failure" bug - I have optimised the FMEA MCM to reduce script load which will hopefully avoid SkyUI bugging out, so give the latest version a try.

What's New in Version V1.484 SE/LE (05/04/2023)

Released 

• Optimised MCM code to reduce risk of issues due to the SkyUI MCM Initialization bug

Edited by Bane Master
53 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

This is the infamous "SkyUI "initialization failure" bug - I have optimised the FMEA MCM to reduce script load which will hopefully avoid SkyUI bugging out, so give the latest version a try.

Released 16 hours ago

• Optimised MCM code to reduce risk of issues due to the SkyUI MCM Initialization bug

Curiosity: Can you explain your trick a little bit, how you did that?

What's the thing that you avoid now?

? 

6 hours ago, worik said:

Curiosity: Can you explain your trick a little bit, how you did that?

What's the thing that you avoid now?

?

The MCM install routine was calling the plugin updater using:

((Self as Quest) as fmea_pluginmanagerscript).UpdatePlugins()

This method is latent. so the MCM was having to wait for several seconds for it to finish - it's now called via a ModEvent  to avoid the latency. I have made the same change in FSM although there I was able to use Startquest as the the MCM/Updater quest design is slightly different 

On 4/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, Bane Master said:

Released 16 hours ago

I love this mod and I didn't know I needed this until I tried it.

I just have a couple questions.

Is this update safe to install mid play-through?

and

Are effects like Narcosis curable via potions or do I just have to wait according to the difficulty options?

6 hours ago, manakanaki said:

Is this update safe to install mid play-through?

Yes - should be fine.

6 hours ago, manakanaki said:

Are effects like Narcosis curable via potions or do I just have to wait according to the difficulty options?

Do you REALLY want to read this spoiler? ?

Spoiler

They are curable

If you absolutely must know

Spoiler

Yes - via potions! 

• 2 weeks later...

I get some CTDs on some events in SkyrimVR

upon looking into the crashlogs i found an old friend:

Spoiler

Stack Trace: 
[None].MiscUtil.ScanCellNPCs() - "<native>" Line ?
[fmea_EffectManager (77004E08)].fmea_effectmanagerscript.NPCActorScan() - "fmea_effectmanagerscript.psc" Line 0
[fmea_EffectManager (77004E08)].fmea_effectmanagerscript.TriggerLockpickingEffect() - "fmea_effectmanagerscript.psc" Line 0
[fmea_Lockpicking (77000D64)].fmea_lockpickingscript.TriggerTrap() - "fmea_lockpickingscript.psc" Line 0
[fmea_Lockpicking (77000D64)].fmea_lockpickingscript.TamperCheck() - "fmea_lockpickingscript.psc" Line 0
[fmea_Lockpicking (77000D64)].fmea_lockpickingscript.ResolveAttempt() - "fmea_lockpickingscript.psc" Line 0
[fmea_Lockpicking (77000D64)].fmea_lockpickingscript.OnMenuClose() - "fmea_lockpickingscript.psc" Line 0

File: "FMEA Skyrim.esp"
            Flags: 0x00400008 kInitialized | kFormRetainsID
            Name: "FMEA Lockpicking Plugin"
            EditorID: "fmea_Lockpicking"
            FormID: 0x77000D64
            FormType: Quest (77)
            File: "FMEA Skyrim.esp"
            Flags: 0x00400008 kInitialized | kFormRetainsID
            Name: "FMEA Effect Manager"
            EditorID: "fmea_EffectManager"
            FormID: 0x77004E08
            FormType: Quest (77)

ScanCellNPCs is not available for skyrimVR, could you maybe implement it using my alternative code found here ?

Otherwise seems to work fine in VR :) Nice mod !

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 1:22 PM, HexBolt8 said:

That's not a very helpful comment.  It's a complaint with no detail.  If you want to help the mod author, and other players who might considering using the mod, you might explain what you saw and what you did.  What exactly is the problem that you had?  Is it random, or does it happen every time?  What steps would a player have to take to see the same problem?  What mod settings did you change to try to fix it?  What was the result?  What other things did you try to solve the problem?  Do you have other mods installed that affect butterflies and such, and did you check for a conflict?  Mods that try to change the same thing probably won't work well together. 

With that kind of information, the author would be much more likely to understand what was happening in your game and then be able to attempt to fix it.  Or, if it was just a misunderstanding on your part, someone could explain what you'd need to change to solve it.

For what it's worth, I've used this for a long time and I've had zero trouble interacting with butterflies, and if you look through the comments, I don't believe that there's another one about this kind of thing.  That suggests that problem is specific to your game and that it's something that you can fix -- if you just offer more specifics.

Took me a year to see this lol, but I did re download the mod and It appears that I did not see that option prior. Thank you for this because I would not have checked this again were it not for your comment. Kudos.

3 hours ago, ImmortalDreamer27 said:

Why not add an option to alchemy for an Estrus ooze monster attack for failed potion crafting? 

Not difficult to add - but would duplicate the Enchanting outcome. I'd prefer to add some new content if possible.