@Bane Master

I've been using FMEA in my load order for awhile now. Usually, the main impact of your mod has been with alchemy and ingredients. FMEA works wonderfully.

I'm doing a stealth playthrough now and it's also working wonderfully... meaning... FMEA has made my game much more difficult. I thank you.

But I just ran straight into a major bug. And I have no idea whether it's because of "Thieves Guild Reborn" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97629 or whether it happens with the vanilla thieves guild.

Thieves Guild Reborn replaces the practice chests with practice lockboxes. Well, I was practicing and got knocked out and slapped with a 1500 septim bounty... I doubt the thieves guild wants that for their trainees. ?

Anyway, not sure if this is a "bug" that's present in the vanilla game with FMEA or specific to Thieves Guild Reborn. And if it is specific to Thieves Guild Reborn, I have no idea whether that's something you'd want to take the time to patch up... but I'm letting you know anyway.

Solid work on this mod. It's a staple in my load order.

12 hours ago, pewp43 said:

Thieves Guild Reborn replaces the practice chests with practice lockboxes. Well, I was practicing and got knocked out and slapped with a 1500 septim bounty... I doubt the thieves guild wants that for their trainees. ?

I'm sure you are right! 

As things stand FMEA has no way of determining that these are practice chests or lockboxes - I think practice chests  are part of the vanilla game.  I can take a look at exempting them from bounties/disabling trap consequences/removing the traps altogether - anyone have any views on which option would be best?

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can disable the lockpicking plugin whilst you are practicing 

32 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can disable the lockpicking plugin whilst you are practicing 

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.

As for your question, I'd say remove the traps altogether, however there is the idea that the thieves guild would want their recruits to be familiar with the various traps that the people of Skyrim place on their locks soooo... at least exempt the practice chests from bounties.

A simplistic approach would be to exempt bounties for lockpick failures anywhere in the Thieves Guild location.  That would apply to locks beyond the practice chests of course, but figure that the Guild handles these matters itself rather than turning to the law. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, here's a little bump on the ol' CACO issue. So far it seems that harvesting ingredients is the only thing intercepted by the CACO script to keep FMEA from proccing on it, which isn't a huge deal, but still kind of a shame since that was one of the more interesting ways of casually hitting fail conditions. Might there be any plans for an optional patch for CACO? These two mods seem like they would synergize really well, since CACO provides more impetus to get out there and harvest, while FMEA keeps your enthusiasm in check :)

Also, an idea occured to me: if harvesting ingredients can be dangerous, surely stuffing these mysterious, potentially harmful substances into your silly mouth is at least equally so. What if eating any ingredient with unknown effects also had failure conditions, based on the number of unknowns just like harvesting? For that matter, are spoiled potions just inert, or do they have random effect chances as well? In my pre-CACO save, I didn't have the guts to try testing them out, and trying a few in my current save seemed to do nothing. If they are inert, perhaps there could be a chance of them having a random beneficial vanilla effect (to incentivize the player to try them) or a random FMEA effect, such as paralysis, blacking out, intoxication, arousal changes, self-bondage desire, SOS size increase/decrease, or perhaps even hooks for playing nicely with SexLab Pheromones! 

The alchemy failure for unstable mixtures might also make sense to have effects on surrounding NPCs, since it is a big, noisy gassy discharge that doesn't seem to do much unless it actually rolls noxious fumes or something like blackout. Perhaps the fumes could have aphrodisiac effects on NPCs within a certain radius, or again, relate to SL Pheromones? 

Sorry if this is a lot of inquiry; this is one of my favorite mods for actually introducing depth to crafting activities, so I'm really interested maximizing its potential ^_^

On 3/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, Bane Master said:

Glad you like it :smile:

Hide contents

I'm not sure if you had realised but the effects last for game hours not real hours, so if you find a safe place you can just rest up till you feel better. 

Also plant allergy effects accumulate - so if you get hit with the same effect again whilst you are already affected the duration gets extended

Still too much. I am playing with a timescale 1:8. I will never accept a 40 hour game time with as "normal". Make it sensible. Maybe 8-16 hours ... Giving a good nights rest for immersion.

Even sitting this out is too much, if you use Minineeds, Devious followers or similar mods. You need to eat, people have to get payment, or else  ...

You just cannot twiddle your thumbs for 40+ hours ... At least not in the beginning of the game.

This only leads to save scumming, instead of facing your failures.. making your mod obsolete ... Just my thoughts about hat.

P.S: I will try this mod now, and have only one question. I could find nothing about it in the description. I already use CACO  in combination with Ordinator , because it reduces the amount of money you are able to make with them. Is this mod compatible with them?

On 7/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, SlappyMeats said:

Heya, here's a little bump on the ol' CACO issue. So far it seems that harvesting ingredients is the only thing intercepted by the CACO script to keep FMEA from proccing on it, which isn't a huge deal, but still kind of a shame since that was one of the more interesting ways of casually hitting fail conditions. Might there be any plans for an optional patch for CACO? These two mods seem like they would synergize really well, since CACO provides more impetus to get out there and harvest, while FMEA keeps your enthusiasm in check :)

Also, an idea occured to me: if harvesting ingredients can be dangerous, surely stuffing these mysterious, potentially harmful substances into your silly mouth is at least equally so. What if eating any ingredient with unknown effects also had failure conditions, based on the number of unknowns just like harvesting? For that matter, are spoiled potions just inert, or do they have random effect chances as well? In my pre-CACO save, I didn't have the guts to try testing them out, and trying a few in my current save seemed to do nothing. If they are inert, perhaps there could be a chance of them having a random beneficial vanilla effect (to incentivize the player to try them) or a random FMEA effect, such as paralysis, blacking out, intoxication, arousal changes, self-bondage desire, SOS size increase/decrease, or perhaps even hooks for playing nicely with SexLab Pheromones! 

The alchemy failure for unstable mixtures might also make sense to have effects on surrounding NPCs, since it is a big, noisy gassy discharge that doesn't seem to do much unless it actually rolls noxious fumes or something like blackout. Perhaps the fumes could have aphrodisiac effects on NPCs within a certain radius, or again, relate to SL Pheromones? 

Sorry if this is a lot of inquiry; this is one of my favorite mods for actually introducing depth to crafting activities, so I'm really interested maximizing its potential ^_^

No worries - always happy to get feedback and ideas.

The main issue atm is just finding time to look at the CACO situation - it's on the to-do list but RL needs to slow down and give me a break so I can get to it.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, mkess said:

Still too much. I am playing with a timescale 1:8. I will never accept a 40 hour game time with as "normal". Make it sensible. Maybe 8-16 hours ... Giving a good nights rest for immersion.

If you set the MCM difficulty setting to "Slightly Inconvenient" effects will wear off in 12 hours or less (depending on the effect). The only exception to this is numb hands which can last up to 18 hours but may be as little as 30 minutes.

Spoiler

There are also other immersive ways of removing some of the effects

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. Is the gas trap under the Lockpicking module integrated with Prison Overhaul? I'm currently running the most updated versions of FMEA and POP.  I got hit by that trap earlier and woke up in a vanilla jail sentence (sleep in bed to serve sentence) and I swear I've been sent to POP arrest scenes with this mod before, but not necessarily by the gas trap.

4 hours ago, volanthh said:

Quick question. Is the gas trap under the Lockpicking module integrated with Prison Overhaul? I'm currently running the most updated versions of FMEA and POP.  I got hit by that trap earlier and woke up in a vanilla jail sentence (sleep in bed to serve sentence) and I swear I've been sent to POP arrest scenes with this mod before, but not necessarily by the gas trap.

It was indeed integrated with PO up until the latest versions where SUM was introduced.

Unfortunately because there have been major changes to PO it will require some work to update the integration so it's in the list of things to do but it may be a some weeks before I get round to doing it.

6 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Unfortunately because there have been major changes to PO it will require some work to update the integration so it's in the list of things to do but it may be a some weeks before I get round to doing it.

Until you get that done, wouldn't  a "simple" high bounty and some advised POP settings be enough for an immersive play?

Like:

• FMEA setting for the bounty
  • advised POP setting "everybody can arrest" or making that an immediate POP  bounty hunter thing

?

3 hours ago, worik said:

Until you get that done, wouldn't  a "simple" high bounty and some advised POP settings be enough for an immersive play?

Like:

• FMEA setting for the bounty
  • advised POP setting "everybody can arrest" or making that an immediate POP  bounty hunter thing

?

I hope to have some time next weekend - no promises though  :wink:

Current List:

• Practice Locks
  • CACO
  • POP
38 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

I hope to have some time next weekend - no promises though  :wink:

:classic_laugh: I think, at least few of us players could bear such a tremendous delay and emptiness in our lives.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, worik said:

I think, at least few of us players could bear such a tremendous delay and emptiness in our lives.

In the hope of filling your tragically empty existence I have completed the initial work of integrating CACO's ingredients and harvestables into FMEA dependency free.

Given the broad scope of CACO and the fact that I don't play it myself what I  could really do with is a couple of foolhardy adventurers brave and gallant souls to undertake a beta test of FMEA CACO support to see if any seriously game breaking anomalies crop up. Prior CACO experience would be helpful but is not a necessity.

Anyone happy to give it a try please give me PM.

I'll try to take a look at practice locks and POP tomorrow.

FMEA Version 1.43 released

• Added: FMEA Alchemy & Ingredients plugins now support Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul
  • Added: MCM toggle to disallow fallback to Vanilla Jail when Prison Overhaul Patched is not installed or fails to find a valid actor to perform an arrest
  • Added: MCM difficulty option to set a weight for Gold coins up to 10 lbs per 1000. Also supports coin types added by Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux
  • Updated: Optimized POP integration witness detection script
  • BugFix: Chests in the Riften Thieve's Guild will only be fitted with alarms and will no longer impose a bounty
28 minutes ago, legraf said:

Man, what a great mod.  This has been a never-omit in my load order since it started, and it continues to get better.  Solid right out of the gate, sensible in its interface, robust... really well done.  Thanks.

Thanks - great to hear you are enjoying it!

Just wanted to say how much I like this mod. 

It's let me nerf alchemy effectively while still letting it be worthwhile.  Ironically (since CACO support was just added) it has let me remove CACO from my game, since I was only using that mod for the alchemy nerf and FMEA does it better.  Thank you too for the new handling of Thieves Guild chests.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, karantras said:

How to treat negative effects from fails? There is ni any timers for Narcosis and others. Will they go away after some time or I need special treatment?

They are on timers - the times are in game hours so resting/sleeping may help.  You can reduce the times by changing the difficulty setting in the MCM (times will only be reduced for new effects, not ones you already have)

Also

Spoiler

Some effects (but not all) are removed by Cure Disease

• 3 months later...

FMEA has been essential in my game since it first appeared, Bane Master, thanks for this really solid, trustable mod.

That said... :) ... I have one question or suggestion.  In lockpicking, if one triggers an alarm (and it is set to reset itself), it becomes impossible to pick that lock - future attempts immediately trigger the alarm and abort the minigame.  The gong is annoying, sure, but if nobody is coming, couldn't I continue to pick away?  And in general, shouldn't I have some chance each time I try again to defeat the trap?  It's for this that I've cranked the "traps are designed to reset" slider way down.

But actually, this brings up a related idea: I like the "trap resetting" feature generally, but infinite resets seems wrong.  Could this variable by checked EACH TIME a trap is sprung?  So instead of being "this is the chance the trap will reset at all, in which case it will do so forever", I'd like to set a higher number, which would be "this is the chance the trap will reset each time it is sprung", so one can conceivably get by a trap by suffering its effects many times (or succeeding in bypassing it on later attempts).

On 12/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, legraf said:

FMEA has been essential in my game since it first appeared, Bane Master, thanks for this really solid, trustable mod.

That said... :) ... I have one question or suggestion.  In lockpicking, if one triggers an alarm (and it is set to reset itself), it becomes impossible to pick that lock - future attempts immediately trigger the alarm and abort the minigame.  The gong is annoying, sure, but if nobody is coming, couldn't I continue to pick away?  And in general, shouldn't I have some chance each time I try again to defeat the trap?  It's for this that I've cranked the "traps are designed to reset" slider way down.

But actually, this brings up a related idea: I like the "trap resetting" feature generally, but infinite resets seems wrong.  Could this variable by checked EACH TIME a trap is sprung?  So instead of being "this is the chance the trap will reset at all, in which case it will do so forever", I'd like to set a higher number, which would be "this is the chance the trap will reset each time it is sprung", so one can conceivably get by a trap by suffering its effects many times (or succeeding in bypassing it on later attempts).

Glad you are enjoying FMEA!

Because fails and trap triggering are lockpicking skill dependent you will eventually be able to pick that lock - but you might need lockpicking 100 (or more?!) to do it and as you know the only way to find out is to try!

That being said, I think your idea of an option for the reset chance to be applied per attempt rather than just once and then be fixed on or off is a good idea and fairly simple to do.  I'll add it to the list for next time I'm working on the mod.

• 3 weeks later...