I remember reading about this mod ages ago, and thinking 'ok neat, looks well done, but why would I ever use this' and after countless hours of adding and removing mods and seeing this updated I had time to rethink my stance, this is genius, will actually fit in perfectly for my modlist. I wish there was a smithing part to this mod, probably the thing I'd be most interested about... I just have to limit myself to not use smithing to avoid trivialazing rest of my setup. Either way cool stuff, good job, wish there were more mods with similar philosophy (though I get why there aren't).

8 hours ago, TheDethToad said:

Um, anyone else try the update on a fresh save and the mcm never gets past the Install page?

5 hours ago, Jtaygang said:

Yep it throws notifications for detecting stuff and then never activates the mod and only shows a blank page on mcm

In my testing it's installing fine on a new game - can either/both of you let me have a log of when you install please

4 hours ago, TheDethToad said:

Funny thing, went and enabled all that logging, now the mod works fine. Still want the log or?

If it's working then the log isn't necessary thanks, if you ever see the same thing again at any point then posting a log would be useful.

6 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I will be looking at Smithing again, it wasn't easily doable in the past but fixes/changes to AE means it may be possible now. 

Wait so you didn't do it because AE couldn't handle it, or will it only be possible to do that in AE now?

7 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Wait so you didn't do it because AE couldn't handle it, or will it only be possible to do that in AE now?

I didn't do it in SE/LE because I wasn't happy with the methods needed to do it (unreliable and script heavy)

It may be possible in AE due to some of the new/fixed stuff that's available - I can't promise but I'm going to take a look.

15 hours ago, Bane Master said:

In my testing it's installing fine on a new game - can either/both of you let me have a log of when you install please

Papyrus.0.log looks like it might have something to do with zaz animation pack, I'm using version 9.2 if that helps

Edit: I got it working on a new game! I used the mcm install first thing and it installed fine, before I was setting up everything else and then trying to install. 

Edited by Jtaygang
Update
2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I didn't do it in SE/LE because I wasn't happy with the methods needed to do it (unreliable and script heavy)

It may be possible in AE due to some of the new/fixed stuff that's available - I can't promise but I'm going to take a look.

Ah gotcha, sadly I only have LE currently so don't count my msg as a demand.

14 hours ago, deviant51 said:

any plans for adding devious devices to the traps?

If I add devices (either DD and/or Toys) it will have to be dependency free, which may or may not be possible for DD  - I can see an argument for added them to lockpicking or possibly enchanting effects but I'm not totally sold on the idea.

Maybe a deluge of support for the idea here would convince me ?

Edited by Bane Master

Got question about compatibility, would it work with Crafting Requires Tools/Crafting Requires Tools Redone or what exactly would mod need to change to have problems with this mod? I dunno anything about CK but if its something that I can check in TesEdit I could take a look just wanna know what to look out for.

5 hours ago, Karkhel said:

Got question about compatibility, would it work with Crafting Requires Tools/Crafting Requires Tools Redone or what exactly would mod need to change to have problems with this mod? I dunno anything about CK but if its something that I can check in TesEdit I could take a look just wanna know what to look out for.

The crafting triggers are based on the OnSit event detecting when the Player uses an Alchemy or Enchanting Table, as long as that event still fires for Enchanting and Alchemy you should be fine.

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 5:28 PM, Bane Master said:

The crafting triggers are based on the OnSit event detecting when the Player uses an Alchemy or Enchanting Table, as long as that event still fires for Enchanting and Alchemy you should be fine.

We were talking about alchemy on reddit today and ur mod came up.

Idk if ur open to ideas but have u thought of adding failures upon "eating ingredients"? Might be funny :P

2 hours ago, nun56unn5ufg said:

Idk if ur open to ideas but have u thought of adding failures upon "eating ingredients"?

Always open to ideas - I'll give it some thought but tbh I'm not a fan of the whole eat to learn effects mechanic

Edited by Bane Master
  • 3 weeks later...

When it comes to spoiled potions, what do they do when consumed? The only effect I've experienced was the one that made you masturbate.

Would be nice if you could use them for something more, like drinking them gives you Alchemy EXP but there's a chance that you get hit with a poison effect like stamina/magicka/health drain. Even better if you could place them on a delay, like you drink the potion but the side effects hit like 30 in-game minutes later

Edited by Lucci213