Darn! I went back to a level 9 save, and everything worked as intended. Now to see how far back the corruption goes. I don't mind replaying a bit, and at my level I don't really need to have the lockpicking on if that's the only 'fatality' as it were. But I do worry about something else not working. (No longer getting that same script/stack dump at least).

Anyway, thanks for your help. Appreciate it. ?

Papyrus.0.log

• 4 weeks later...

What's New in Version V1.50 SE/LE (11/12/2023)

Released 

• Added SLDefeat Integration to incapacitated outcomes in hostile areas  (Tested with SLDefeat V5.3.6 Bane 18112023)
  • Added Follower Slavery Mod integration to Slavery & Incapacitated Outcomes
  • Fixed - The FMEA Unlock spell will now check lock difficulty vs Alteration skill correctly
  • Fixed - Failing to open a trapped lock with the FMEA unlock spell may trigger the trap
12 hours ago, Bane Master said:

What's New in Version V1.50 SE/LE (11/12/2023)

Released 5 minutes ago

• Added SLDefeat Integration to incapacitated outcomes in hostile areas  (Tested with SLDefeat V5.3.6 Bane 18112023)
  • Added Follower Slavery Mod integration to Slavery & Incapacitated Outcomes
  • Fixed - The FMEA Unlock spell will now check lock difficulty vs Alteration skill correctly
  • Fixed - Failing to open a trapped lock with the FMEA unlock spell may trigger the trap

Thank you for sharing the update. I'm (probably stupidly) unclear if this is compatible with Deviously Enchanted Chests...?

You might think it's a stupid question to ask because of your in depth understanding of mod making. However, in my mind (and not sure if it works this way) you got the first thing, which is opening the chest and the consequences from trying to open the chest -you fail, you succeed, whatever. Next part, is actually having the chest open and then the consequences from that. I've tried them both in my load order and rather than conflicting, the consequences would be random. One time FMEA the next Devious or nothing at all. 

There's nothing on the main page that says that they will conflict. They are both your mods (I'll say it again, they are both great).

I guess it drives me nuts in a autistic way that they kind of effect the same thing and it's never been said as to whether or not they are compatible (At least in my findings of scouring loverslab).

Fuck it, I don't care. It's just a thought I had in my head and a compulsive urge I couldn't seem to get rid of at the time. 

3 hours ago, Tseverin said:

You might think it's a stupid question to ask

I don't ?

5 hours ago, Tseverin said:

if this is compatible with Deviously Enchanted Chests...?

It is compatible, but you run the risk of having both events trigger on the same Door/Chest if the gods of RNG decide it should be so!

If you want to be sure of separating a FMEA lockpick trap from a DEC's open a container trap then I recommend using  No Lockpick Activate (SKSE) - Updated so that the chest doesn't automatically open when you pick the lock.

5 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Is there a way for me to make a patch in XEdit to exclude one of my companions from 'participating' in the punishments of the mod?

Afraid not, it's going to involve some script changes - I hadn't really considered this scenario but I can take a look. 

Which scenarios is Snowball being caught in? Also - apart from being a custom race, what keywords or Factions does Snowball have that might differentiate  it from standard followers?

Edited by Bane Master
5 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Afraid not, it's going to involve some script changes - I hadn't really considered this scenario but I can take a look. 

Which scenarios is Snowball being caught in? Also - apart from being a custom race, what keywords or Factions does Snowball have that might differentiate  it from standard followers?

The sex in the lockpicking plugin. I'm far enough along in the game I can't remember if he took part in the sex consequences of the other plugins, but probably. I even blocked his arousal in SL Aroused, but that didn't help. Other than a unique race, he's in the normal follower factions. I just took a quick look in XEdit and he has these flags under ACBS configuration:  Essential, Auto calc stats, Unique, PC Level Mult, and Summonable. I don't think that helps.

Don't sweat it. I was just hoping I could do something with my limited skills. I have a couple of hubba hubba followers I would much rather take advantage of me :classic_laugh:.

3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Does he have the ActorTypeNPC keyword?

No keywords at all. Neither do my other mod followers, one of whom is another custom race. The little dog doesn't get involved. Maybe I should look for differences between mouse and dog....

***I'm trying something using another patch I made for the mouse. We'll see if it works.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by Seeker999
***update
16 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I don't ?

It is compatible, but you run the risk of having both events trigger on the same Door/Chest if the gods of RNG decide it should be so!

If you want to be sure of separating a FMEA lockpick trap from a DEC's open a container trap then I recommend using  No Lockpick Activate (SKSE) - Updated so that the chest doesn't automatically open when you pick the lock.

Cool! Thank you for your response. I had no idea that existed.

14 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Actually a good thing as I could look at filtering on HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC)

I'll take a look at the implications next time I'm working on FMEA

Appreciate it. I haven't seen that keyword used before - I know my other followers don't have it. Would it be easier to just target an NPC and just block them from all events/interactions? Or would that involve adding a keyword to the npc? I have 2 mods that allow you to target an NPC and, in the MCM, block them from some or all aspects of the mod by adding them to a special faction - I suppose in this case it would be a 'NoFMEA' faction.

Thank you looking at this, but really, don't spend a lot of time on. I truly didn't mean to ask you to do a lot of work for what must be a pretty minor issue. At least, I don't recall seeing it brought up before. Anyway, thanks for all your input.

7 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Actually a good thing as I could look at filtering on HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC)

6 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I haven't seen that keyword used before - I know my other followers don't have it.

ActorTypeNPC is usually on the Race record, not the NPC, so if you only look at the follower's NPC record you won't see it.  The easiest way to check would be in-game, just target your follower in the console and enter HasKeyword ActorTypeNPC.  This could save some disappointment if BaneMaster adds the filtering and it doesn't work for that follower.

@Bane Master, @HexBolt8 I just checked the mod in XEdit and checked the race keyword. Yep, that little mouse does have the ActorTypeNPC keyword.

Thanks for letting me know, Hex. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing! I never thought to check anything other than the npc record.

*I already have a patch for the mouse to use w/ another mod. Is there any reason that either of you know why I couldn't try changing the race keywords from ActorTypeNPC to ActorTypeAnimal and ActorTypeCreature? My little dog has those keywords and seems to be behaving - no illicit rendezvous! If that works, and the mouse otherwise acts as he's supposed to, then Bane wouldn't need to do anything.

1/6/24- The patch worked! And no ill effects for my little mouse, as far as I can tell. Woohoo!

Edited by Seeker999
Success
33 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Is there any reason that either of you know why I couldn't try changing the race keywords from ActorTypeNPC to ActorTypeAnimal and ActorTypeCreature?

I think that would be okay.  It would match Skyrim's DogCompanionRace keywords.  Try it, and if problems do turn up then just change it back.  You won't wreck your game with an edit like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no plans|roadmap for now to expand "Cooking" and "Smithing" modules to make FMEA fully complete and cover all aspects of game?

If you have no time|wish right now its fine, just asking to know))

Happy New Year by the way :)))