9 hours ago, AkiKay said:

I have an idea for the Enchantment Table

I had done some work on a similar idea where items might morph into devious gear when equipped - I did a little early work on it but then a similar mod was released so I stopped. If I have the time I may look at this sort of thing again but sadly RL is in the way right now.

• 5 months later...

I really like the concept of this mod, but I play on SSE (special edition), is a converted version available somewhere?

I saw that this has been asked before, but back then the answer basically was "no". I'm hoping that has changed now.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:00 AM, tekkkie said:

I really like the concept of this mod, but I play on SSE (special edition), is a converted version available somewhere?

I saw that this has been asked before, but back then the answer basically was "no". I'm hoping that has changed now.

Yeah, i already looked into that too just now.

8 hours ago, Raksuda said:
On 5/29/2021 at 2:00 AM, tekkkie said:

Yeah, i already looked into that too just now.

The mod is just an esp file, scripts, a few sound files, and a couple of config files.  It should run on SE without conversion, but if it makes you feel more comfortable you can open the mod in the Creation Kit and resave it.  You could add it to you game, set the chances for failure high, then do some alchemy and mining to demonstrate to yourself that it's working.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:46 PM, HexBolt8 said:

The mod is just an esp file, scripts, a few sound files, and a couple of config files.  It should run on SE without conversion, but if it makes you feel more comfortable you can open the mod in the Creation Kit and resave it.  You could add it to you game, set the chances for failure high, then do some alchemy and mining to demonstrate to yourself that it's working.

Thanks for the advice.
I am currently running it without any conversion.
No issues so far (though it hasn't triggered yet either).
In MCM I only see 'plugins' for Lockpicking, Alchemy and Ingredients even though all of the plugins are enabled (and loaded I think, judging by the messages in the top left).

Do the other plugins not have a separate menu, or is this something that maybe I need a conversion for?

image.png.00c8c19bdecb7a4a8b9869685a40fe14.png

On 6/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, HexBolt8 said:

In my game I have System plus all 5 plugins on the left, so something isn't working right for you.

I suspected as much, thanks for confirming that.
Might have to look into converting it then, hope I can figure it out.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, HexBolt8 said:

In my game I have System plus all 5 plugins on the left, so something isn't working right for you.

23 hours ago, tekkkie said:

I suspected as much, thanks for confirming that.
Might have to look into converting it then, hope I can figure it out.

Opened it in creation kit and resaved it.
Checked with SSEdit that the form number changed from 43 to 44, but that didn't give me access to any new plugin menus sadly.

1 hour ago, tekkkie said:

Checked with SSEdit that the form number changed from 43 to 44, but that didn't give me access to any new plugin menus sadly.

Usually that doesn't accomplish anything.  Unrelated to LE/SE, but strange MCM problems can sometimes be solved by reinstalling the mod, checking that your SkyUI is the latest version, and reinstalling SkyUI even if it is up to date.  If your game has a lot of scripts, you might try a new game just to see if that fixes the problem.

16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Usually that doesn't accomplish anything.  Unrelated to LE/SE, but strange MCM problems can sometimes be solved by reinstalling the mod, checking that your SkyUI is the latest version, and reinstalling SkyUI even if it is up to date.  If your game has a lot of scripts, you might try a new game just to see if that fixes the problem.

Just wanted to confirm that it all works on a new save.
But I don't feel like restarting (again).
Thanks for the help tho!

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried to make some potions, it failed.
I am now suffering from "blurred vision" because of "alchemical fumes"
No problems there, that is the point of the mod.

I was just wondering, since there is no timer on the debuff, does it go away automatically or do I need to find a cure/antidote?

21 hours ago, tekkkie said:

I just tried to make some potions, it failed.
I am now suffering from "blurred vision" because of "alchemical fumes"
No problems there, that is the point of the mod.

I was just wondering, since there is no timer on the debuff, does it go away automatically or do I need to find a cure/antidote?

It will get better on it's own after an number of game hours - the difficulty setting influences this. 

With regard to a cure/antidote

Spoiler

Try some things and see if you can find anything that helps ?

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, FovI said:

Hi so i just harvested from a snowberry (about 15 minutes into a new game) and got attacked by tentacles (5% chance LOL) but now i hear sounds and all that but there is no animation playing. I have ES, i ran FNIS so i just dont know.

Have you installed Estrus Charus?

If so - have you registered the animations using the EC mcm?

1 hour ago, FovI said:

yes and yeah the animations are registered.

does that mean the tentacle animations should work if estrus chaurus is working correctly in short?

The only way to tell is to take a look at the log when the animations should be firing.

When this happens it is usually because the animations are not registered for some reason.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:43 PM, Bane Master said:

The only way to tell is to take a look at the log when the animations should be firing.

When this happens it is usually because the animations are not registered for some reason.

okay, i'll see what i can do, thanks

edit: i'm an idiot, i forgot to install estrus for skyrim, i just had estrus chaurus+

Edited by FovI

Tried this out on a few characters, decided to make a character with this as a dedicated mod, especially after having the alchemy explode in their face after trying it.

Enjoying it so far, especially the punishments for failures occurring. Makes it more fun with danger always there.

If I could make some suggestions for more traps, a few I could think of, would be maybe magic traps on lockpicking, such as blasting you with fire or spraying you with frost. Maybe even shock you with magicka, or spray you with ash and petrify you for a short duration.

If possible, would be fun to have the spoiled potions, instead of just being wasted materials, be an actual item that's created. Sure, it's crafted, and you can drink it, but who knows what it'll do to you if you do.

Another idea if possible would be Wabbajack effects as alchemy and enchanting fail states. After all, messing with strange alchemy recipes or trying to force souls into cheap weapons for quick gold could result in your character being transformed into a random thing, like a plate or a sweet roll, for a few seconds to maybe even a day in game time, for those who want it to be that long.

Narcosis, I will say, is rather brutal on a dedicated mage build, especially when I have no idea when it'll end. But hey, I guess I brought it upon myself by grabbing every herb I saw even after being afflicted by it.

9 hours ago, plaguebringer458 said:

Tried this out on a few characters, decided to make a character with this as a dedicated mod, especially after having the alchemy explode in their face after trying it.

Enjoying it so far, especially the punishments for failures occurring. Makes it more fun with danger always there.

If I could make some suggestions for more traps, a few I could think of, would be maybe magic traps on lockpicking, such as blasting you with fire or spraying you with frost. Maybe even shock you with magicka, or spray you with ash and petrify you for a short duration.

If possible, would be fun to have the spoiled potions, instead of just being wasted materials, be an actual item that's created. Sure, it's crafted, and you can drink it, but who knows what it'll do to you if you do.

Another idea if possible would be Wabbajack effects as alchemy and enchanting fail states. After all, messing with strange alchemy recipes or trying to force souls into cheap weapons for quick gold could result in your character being transformed into a random thing, like a plate or a sweet roll, for a few seconds to maybe even a day in game time, for those who want it to be that long.

Narcosis, I will say, is rather brutal on a dedicated mage build, especially when I have no idea when it'll end. But hey, I guess I brought it upon myself by grabbing every herb I saw even after being afflicted by it.

Thanks for the feedback ?

The spoiled potions were added with exactly that in mind - it's just finding time in RL to do something worthwhile with them.

Equally I would love to add more effects - or even more risks but time constraints mean it will likely be some time before I can

• 4 weeks later...

Spoiled potions having potentially random effects would be fun
I've been drinking em while having SL pheronomes for that risk factor in the meantime

So i failed the enachanting, and now the enchanting table has the glowing effect and i cant use it. How long does that last for?

I recall you can set the time in the options to your liking but the default was like 48 ingame hours I think?

• 1 month later...

Been really enjoying the functions of this mod. Adds that, "Hey, so I'm new at this whole enchanting thing..." feel that I didn't know I needed. Was wondering if there's any reason why no matter my settings EVERY potion I make fails entirely with sufficient stats and settings to not fail literally every potion? That's been my only problem with thus far. 

29 minutes ago, TheDethToad said:

Was wondering if there's any reason why no matter my settings EVERY potion I make fails

It might be due to the difficulty of the potions you're trying to create.  It's been a while since I last looked at this, but my recollection is that in addition to your alchemy skill. the chance for failure increases with the value of the potion.  A novice will reliably fail trying to make high-value potions.  My experience is that I fail a lot at the start, though with some success with basic 2-component potions, enough motivation to keep trying.  When alchemy reaches 50-60, I can make pretty decent potions with a good success rate, though the most complex potions worthy of a master are still tricky.

• 3 months later...

Started new game (SE). After going through usual steps (have done so many, many times), installed FMEA plugins. For some reason, something new happening. All probabilities are set to 0%. And difficulty is missing drop down.

Anybody have anything similar? Tried another new game start only to get same exact issue.

6 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Started new game (SE). After going through usual steps (have done so many, many times), installed FMEA plugins. For some reason, something new happening. All probabilities are set to 0%. And difficulty is missing drop down.

Anybody have anything similar? Tried another new game start only to get same exact issue.

Funnily enough I started a new game yesterday and all was fine - What version of the game are you playing?