Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

1+2: The bound armbinder animation can handle bound females only. We do not have any animations supporting bound males.

3: Yes, that should work.

For the animations I am referring to the sex of the person receiving not the bound person (player) as the animation should be the same no matter the sex of the bound person (basically the bound person gives but does not receive). I am making the male/male sex optional for those that play male characters and don't want to have their characters do that sort of thing.

Not sure I understand you correctly, but these are the possible combinations for the bound sex animations:

M + Bound F

F + Bound F

Bound F + Bound F

No other combinations are supported. If the player is male, the animation works nicely as long as he is not bound.

20 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Not sure I understand you correctly, but these are the possible combinations for the bound sex animations:

M + Bound F

F + Bound F

Bound F + Bound F

No other combinations are supported. If the player is male, the animation works nicely as long as he is not bound.

If the reason M + Bound M isn't supported is due to it requiring different animations from the M + Bound F then I can understand the reasoning. If that isn't the case then why would it not be possible?

Technically animations don't care about the gender of the character an animation is played on. So the combination of F/M + Bound F/M doesn't really matter, it's all the same.

The only factors are visual, as for example if the bound character is male and is supposed to have an armbinder equipped there will be a need for male specific armbinder meshes or it will look bad. Other than that the male character being in a position that was designed for a female character might just make the male character look more 'feminine'.

2 minutes ago, Supertin said:

Technically animations don't care about the gender of the character an animation is played on. So the combination of F/M + Bound F/M doesn't really matter, it's all the same.

The only factors are visual, as for example if the bound character is male and is supposed to have an armbinder equipped there will be a need for male specific armbinder meshes or it will look bad. Other than that the male character being in a position that was designed for a female character might just make the male character look more 'feminine'.

There are male armbinder meshes, in fact there are meshes for all of the pre v3 items. As far as the male being in a more feminine position it doesn't matter to me, besides I am giving those that play male characters that don't want M/M sex to disable that part. Overall though CD caters to both females and males. If the animations themselves won't support males in a bound position I understand and will see about making alternate plans in those cases. If it is an issue with filtering then I would request that Males being bound during sex be allowed to happen.

All right, if there no objections from the animation side of things, I will see if I can teach the filter to pick Bound M if it detects a device on them. This should happen only if people are using male conversions of DD items, so we can do this without officially adding male support.

It's is too late to add this to 4.0, though. I'll add it to the to-do list for 4.1

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

We might remove Devious Deviants, yes. It has been unmaintained for years and there is nobody in the DD team who wants to polish it. Chances are that it will become more glitchy with 4.0.

Tag database - it's correct that the new items didn't get added so far. We're currently discussing in the team how to best move forward with it. Personally I am not the biggest fan of the feature, but several older mods are using it and we don't want to break those. It could very well be that we will eventually stop adding new devices to it, or at least not all of them. Mods using it from now on should be aware of that.

Thanks for the reply - going forward how would you recommend that Mods select a theme for generic devices  (e.g. Red Ebonite, Black Leather etc. etc.) in the absence a tag library?

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

All right, if there no objections from the animation side of things, I will see if I can teach the filter to pick Bound M if it detects a device on them. This should happen only if people are using male conversions of DD items, so we can do this without officially adding male support.

It's is too late to add this to 4.0, though. I'll add it to the to-do list for 4.1

Thank you. I know DD doesn't officially support males but not blocking them is appreciated by those who play male characters and use DD by using DD for Him.

4 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Thanks for the reply - going forward how would you recommend that Mods select a theme for generic devices  (e.g. Red Ebonite, Black Leather etc. etc.) in the absence a tag library?

Oh it's not going to be absent. I for one want to keep it. We may simply stop adding new devices to it at some point but the existing ones should stay and continue to function as they are.

Anyways some items from this cycle will still make it ^^ Working on it right now.

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:
Confirmed working

Harnesses no longer block equipping or removal of an anal plug. Found with Virgin harnesses but confirmed is same with a DDx harness. If intended, the message saying you can't remove the plug because of the harness does not make sense.

There are two harnesses: chastity harness and slave harness. Which one are you referring to?

43 minutes ago, Princessity said:

There are two harnesses: chastity harness and slave harness. Which one are you referring to?

The DDx one I tried had the word slave in it's name. Virgin ones are setup with the same keywords as that one.

Regardless of what type, something is wrong... "If intended, the message saying you can't remove the plug because of the harness does not make sense."

On 4.12.2017 at 2:59 PM, El_Duderino said:

Hmm... I think I need some help with this one. I've always used the HDT versions of the DDa/DDx items from the DD downloads, for as long as they've been bundled with them. Never had a problem exporting or batch exporting the hdt meshes to my game from Bodyslide. But I'm pretty sure I'm misisng the point and that's not actually what you mean?

(Edit: for the record, I'm using UUNP.)

This is my problem.

DDX is downloaded from dev branch. DDA is 3.0e

This won't be a problem if you use default uunp body, as that is the default mesh bodyslide uses, but if you use any preset it will give minor to major clipping or oversized items.

First pic is error, second is how it should look to make items conform to preset you build your body with.

error.jpg

error2.jpg

16 hours ago, Princessity said:

Oh it's not going to be absent. I for one want to keep it. We may simply stop adding new devices to it at some point but the existing ones should stay and continue to function as they are.

Anyways some items from this cycle will still make it ^^ Working on it right now.

Thank you :smile:

3 hours ago, mcgorien said:

This is my problem.

This won't be a problem if you use default uunp body, as that is the default mesh bodyslide uses, but if you use any preset it will give minor to major clipping or oversized items.

First pic is error, second is how it should look to make items conform to preset you build your body with.

Spoiler

error2.jpgerror.jpg

Thanks for your post. I see the problem, but at the moment I don't know how to fix it. Something must be missing or wrong in the xml files, but what and where? Maybe I can track it down by comparing the files with Gameplayer's presets.

Also, this only seems to appear if one selects a DD category in the group filter. Leaving the group filter empty and not selecting anything there allows the selection of all body presets on the pulldown menu on the left (in fact, I've always been using UUNP - UNPB for all of my exports without any clipping issues).

On 3.12.2017 at 3:52 PM, special said:

Not sure if this has been brought up already but it is still happening in the latest version...

• When hand / arms are tied the Player cannot remove items, BUT she can still add items.

To reproduce:

1, Have a gag in inventory
2, Put on straightjacket or armbinder
3, Open inventory and select the gag, it should equip as if the Player is not restrained.

This may be by design but it does seem a little odd that the Player can't use her hands to remove items but she can use her hands to equip items.

I agree it isn't logical, but i wouldn't change that. Chances are that one or the other quest mod breaks because you can't equip an item, even those which do checks most probably only check the slot, not if the hands are free. And imho that would be worse than beeing able to equip more stuff although it might be unrealistic. ;)

On 4.12.2017 at 4:17 PM, rjn said:

But if it was up to me I'd ditch it and the Sergius Experiment too.  They're too glitchy and you'll never want to play them twice.

On 4.12.2017 at 8:50 AM, Princessity said:

Maybe we shouldn't include it until someone gets around to updating it...

I suggest to drop them, too. For the sake of a bug free framework (Wait a second, did that sound like "paradise on earth" ? :D )

It should be far easier to fork a pureblooded (DD)-quest-mod at a later date for ideas like that.

41 minutes ago, worik said:

I suggest to drop them, too. For the sake of a bug free framework (Wait a second, did that sound like "paradise on earth" ? :D )

It should be far easier to fork a pureblooded (DD)-quest-mod at a later date for ideas like that.

The main reason for each of the quests was to introduce the items, the original one with Zed was included with the initial release to introduce players to the items and the Sergius Experiment was to introduce the soul gem plugs.

The main issue with the original was ending up having to go to places outside Skyrim as there is no way to exclude areas like that when using aliases to choose random locations, I remember Min complaining about that when we made it. In the CD delivery quest I had to make a function to check that the location was in one of the 9 holds and if not reset and restart the quest I used to select a location and it loops until it has a valid one.

The issue with the second quest is that unless you are there and waiting for it to go off it was easy to miss the opportunity to get the items removed. The arousal should have been given a range of 90+ instead of 100 (which I believe it is set for) so you had a much larger window of removal.

Since they have been put into their own esp I would suggest pulling them until they could be reworked as they are not necessarily needed anymore.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

The main issue with the original was ending up having to go to places outside Skyrim as there is no way to exclude areas like that when using aliases to choose random locations, I remember Min complaining about that when we made it. In the CD delivery quest I had to make a function to check that the location was in one of the 9 holds and if not reset and restart the quest I used to select a location and it loops until it has a valid one.

I'd also agree with the recommendation to remove the quests from the main framework package, as I think they make more sense as part of an optional download and definitely need some tweaks.  I believe 2 of the 3 times that I tried to actually play the quest without just abusing movetoqt or setstage it chose Nchardak in Solstheim as a quest destination.  Being as that dungeon is story locked behind a large portion of the Dragonborn DLC that I hadn't touched on those saves, needless to say it wasn't ideal.

8 hours ago, mcgorien said:

This is my problem.

error.jpg

error2.jpg

First Picture,

There should not be a Custom Harness in the "Rubber Suit" group.

So therefore there would be no Preset Options....So its functioning as intended cause your in the wrong group for the Harness.

Second picture your showing where the actual harnesses really are since your in the correct Group.

Now the solution to your problem,

You must export a Body from Bodyslide that matches the Preset you picked for your Devious Devices.

If you run with default UUNP body than all your Devious Devices must all be default UUNP Body.

Now also understand that you cannot simply export your entire Bodyslide collection all at once that's asking for Trouble.

Your best practice is to pick the groups that you need in the group manager and export those.

I understand that it may be confusing at first there are so many groups but please understand that Devious Devices Bodyslides and their original source meshes didn't happen all at once in a day....They were released incrementally as the content became available which is why there are so many different groups.

Not too mention that much of the original content came from many different authors.

This all took place over the last 3 years.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

The main reason for each of the quests was to introduce the items, the original one with Zed was included with the initial release to introduce players to the items and the Sergius Experiment was to introduce the soul gem plugs.

Can't you use condition functions in the quest aliases to make sure their locations are in one of the main holds?

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

The issue with the second quest is that unless you are there and waiting for it to go off it was easy to miss the opportunity to get the items removed. The arousal should have been given a range of 90+ instead of 100 (which I believe it is set for) so you had a much larger window of removal.

Since they have been put into their own esp I would suggest pulling them until they could be reworked as they are not necessarily needed anymore.

The problem with the Devious Deviants mod is the endless parade of bug reports on the pages thread.

Or at least that's the main problem, not that the bug reports are valid, its all due to like Val just said the quest targets are not ideal and the removal process is too strict you can wind up with new users never getting the quest completed and trapped in a chastity belt with no way out, and they will be thinking its a broken mod rather than "wow this is great!" 

Kind of one of those things that shouldn't be packaged along with the main file, you want to present the best experience possible for new comers.

1 hour ago, Gameplayer said:

Reveal hidden contents

First Picture,

There should not be a Custom Harness in the "Rubber Suit" group.

So therefore there would be no Preset Options....So its functioning as intended cause your in the wrong group for the Harness.

Second picture your showing where the actual harnesses really are since your in the correct Group.

Now the solution to your problem,

You must export a Body from Bodyslide that matches the Preset you picked for your Devious Devices.

If you run with default UUNP body than all your Devious Devices must all be default UUNP Body.

Now also understand that you cannot simply export your entire Bodyslide collection all at once that's asking for Trouble.

Your best practice is to pick the groups that you need in the group manager and export those.

I understand that it may be confusing at first there are so many groups but please understand that Devious Devices Bodyslides and their original source meshes didn't happen all at once in a day....They were released incrementally as the content became available which is why there are so many different groups.

Not too mention that much of the original content came from many different authors.

This all took place over the last 3 years.

Thank you so much for this explanation! I was beginning to lose my mind over this one. Nothing stood out in the group or slider set files when I compared them to others (including your original slider groups/sets from the Devious Corner). Now it all makes sense, I'm glad to hear that nothing seems to be broken after all. :)