Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I see this as critical and would be very disappointed if it's released in this state. Let me give you an example...

In Shout Like a Virgin, if you are a Pony Girl (includes yoke) pulling the cart, you will often pause to fight. Once hit the yoke is auto removed thus you instinctively go to draw your weapon. Same without a cart where you use the bound combat. Very messy if weapons actually draw while still in a yoke, and for me they now always do.

Okay I was able to reproduce the issue several times and you're right, this is too reliable. I've identified the source of the problem and I'm fixing it right now.

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

This gag also prevents the new gag talk.

What do you mean? What exactly is happening? Some of the gags (ballgags mostly) are set as "hard" gags to talk with. They will only allow you to communicate by writing. You need writing implements (inkwell, quill and a roll of paper) to do that. A roll of paper is consumed when you try.

This is actually something I'm a bit iffy on. Personally I don't think any of the generic gags should have the "hard" keyword. At least not most of them. We may have ended up tagging way too many.

Hmmm it listed a lot of items when I looked up keyword usage in CK. But I guess if it's just ballgags it should be fine. Still not sure about putting it on generic gags at all but mm... I guess we'll see how it goes. If it turns out everyone hates it we can always adjust it.

But we should probably make sure that the new gag system is thoroughly explained somewhere. People might get confused if they run into it in game without explanation.

Some Virgin Collars are setup to remove only by the quest (by script). So they have no key like in the pic.

Works for DD3.3 but with 4.0 if you select "unlock" it removes the device.

noKeyCollar.JPG

DeviceKey was actually setup as <default> and then I tried it set to none as in the pic. In both cases you can remove the device with unlock.

I do the same thing with yokes and it works. With 3.3 I had to set DeviceKey to "none". With <default it was behaving like the collar is in 4.0.

> "...disable the new features..."

Two notes:

-On it's easiest setting escape attempt cooldowns are shorter than struggle animations (at least for devices I've tested so far) so effectively they work the same, as you can't struggle again before the current animation ends. That was my sticking point, and it has been eliminated.

-The new escape system isn't avoidable by client mods, but keybreak / lock jam / struggle cooldown can be set to anything including zero.

Those two combined mean a player that wants an frequent in / easy out playstyle (hi!) can get it with the framework difficulty slider for standard gear, and a modder that wants to ensure a quick escape (bandits locked you in X, wiggle free and get revenge) can do the same by creating a custom non-quest item so a player with the difficulty set to extreme isn't stuck waiting to progress a quest objective.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Some Virgin Collars are setup to remove only by the quest (by script). So they have no key like in the pic.

noKeyCollar.JPG

DeviceKey was actually setup as <default> and then I tried it set to none as in the pic. In both cases you can remove the device with unlock.

I do the same thing with yokes and it works. With 3.3 I had to set DeviceKey to "none". With <default it was behaving like the collar is in 4.0.

A way around would be to create a dummy key and assign it to the devices.

Alternatively you could create a custom device menu message that has the "unlock" option hidden (but keep in mind that the button still has to exist and have the right index). Simply add some conditions to the button that can never be true (like player reference doesn't exist or something)

Also I addressed your hotkey issue (or I hope I did) could you test it for me please when you have a minute? ^^

I had a problem with the "The plugs are making you horny" feature.

The PC was equipped with an inflatable vaginal plug and padded chastity belt and attempted to mine some ore.  The pickaxe/mining animation was started and she managed one hit -- then that animation was interrupted by the "The plugs are making you horny message" and the PC stopped mining and stood still for 30 sec (presumably a horny animation was supposed to be playing, because the compass disappeared and she couldn't move). Then control of the PC was returned.  If she attempted to continue mining that deposit nothing happened -- it was not possible.  If she went to another ore deposit the above process would be repeated.  If she removed the belt and plug and attempted to mine all worked normally, but there was that one ore added from the original interrupted attempt.   Is the "make you horny" while mining thing a random feature, because I tried five times in a row and got it every time?  Are you supposed to not continue mining until you get plugs removed?

Uhhhh I think it's actually supposed to be an event triggered by sitting but if I remember correctly there's no way to tell a chair apart from other furniture in Skyrim.

But it definitely, definitely isn't supposed to be animated. I'll look into it, thank you for the report <3

Not sure if these are bugs or working as designed, but reporting my noticepad  can't hurt:

• While wearing a full set of iron harness stuff it did not change my idle pose to any special animation, right? No change compared to standing unbound. With manacales and handcuffs I enter into a  proper bound pose. Same observation goes true with followers
  • Random AI idle poses for bound followers seem to override the bound pose. (Handcuffed follower was working at the forge)
  • I did not notice a change in running speed while wearing the complete harness.... maybe I did not read correct, but I expected such, at least because of te
  • New setting: wearing the iron colar with the short chain, its loose end  jumps around like a rubber ball from my childhood, but surely not like a heavy iron chain ... if you could tune that down ?
  • new setting: iron fetters with a chain .. sometimes I coud sprint, sometimes not - I expected a never-sprint behaviour
  • iron fetters with ball and chain slows me down perfectly - the iron ball is still a bit too bouncy for my taste
  • iron fetters with ball and chains on my follower didn't have any effect
  • escaping manipulated manacles and manipulated handcuffs gives me something like 10seconds of struggle animation. Thats nice... but no other equipment does that (would be nice, or is it broken?)

all else: :thumbsup:

EDIT: tested with the latest version

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

noKeyCollar.JPG

I think you can set LockAccessDifficulty to 100 to disable the unlock button when there's no key defined.

and another one, happened only once :

• iron handcuffs attached to a follower
  • follower goes into proper pose
  • take handcuffs back
  • follower returns to normal unbound pose
  • now after a minute or so, the follower returns to the bound pose but without the handcuffs. I have the handcuffs still in my inventory
9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

noKeyCollar.JPG

Set LockAccessDIfficulty to 100% for devices that really have no lock, but shouldn't be removable. Use a "master key" that just never drops if the device would actually have a lock and the player should just never be able to unlock it anyway.

11 hours ago, Princessity said:

Also I addressed your hotkey issue (or I hope I did) could you test it for me please when you have a minute? ^^

Works well now. Just like in 3.3. Only difference is that 4.0 has unequip notifications and 3.3 is silent. Would be better silent.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Set LockAccessDIfficulty to 100% for devices that really have no lock, but shouldn't be removable. Use a "master key" that just never drops if the device would actually have a lock and the player should just never be able to unlock it anyway.

I did this. Works. Was worried it would not be backward compatible but tested that and it is fine. Not even any spam in the log.

Message Box Possible Bugs:

Virgin Yoke - Has only defaults from 3.3

When you equip, Message with "Take it off" appears. Click "Take it off", then another message box with "Put it on" appears. Click "Put it on" and it equips fine.

Virgin Chastity Devices - default setup from 3.3

When already equipped and click on it and select "Tug", you get the "pee" animation

Virgin Gag or Harness Devices - default setup from 3.3 - DeviceKey is set to a Custom Virgin Key

When already equipped or equipping, message box includes the text "this device is keyed to use standard restraint keys" (which is not true)

Virgin Chastity Devices - default setup from 3.3

When already equipped and click on it and select "Tug", you get the "pee" animation

Check your files for conflicts. Captured Dreams once accidentally included zadBelt.pex in its files so if you happened to install that version it may still be there.

As of 4.0 there should no longer be any references to peeing anywhere.

Virgin Yoke - Has only defaults from 3.3

When you equip, Message with "Take it off" appears. Click "Take it off", then another message box with "Put it on" appears. Click "Put it on" and it equips fine.

Heavy restraints need to be updated to 4.0 completely, they are not backwards-compatible.

Virgin Gag or Harness Devices - default setup from 3.3 - DeviceKey is set to a Custom Virgin Key

When already equipped or equipping, message box includes the text "this device is keyed to use standard restraint keys" (which is not true)

That sounds like a generic message. If you wish to change it you can replace it with your own in properties.

8 hours ago, worik said:

Not sure if these are bugs or working as designed, but reporting my noticepad  can't hurt:

• While wearing a full set of iron harness stuff it did not change my idle pose to any special animation, right? No change compared to standing unbound. With manacales and handcuffs I enter into a  proper bound pose. Same observation goes true with followers
  • Random AI idle poses for bound followers seem to override the bound pose. (Handcuffed follower was working at the forge)
  • I did not notice a change in running speed while wearing the complete harness.... maybe I did not read correct, but I expected such, at least because of te
  • New setting: wearing the iron colar with the short chain, its loose end  jumps around like a rubber ball from my childhood, but surely not like a heavy iron chain ... if you could tune that down ?
  • new setting: iron fetters with a chain .. sometimes I coud sprint, sometimes not - I expected a never-sprint behaviour
  • iron fetters with ball and chain slows me down perfectly - the iron ball is still a bit too bouncy for my taste
  • iron fetters with ball and chains on my follower didn't have any effect
  • escaping manipulated manacles and manipulated handcuffs gives me something like 10seconds of struggle animation. Thats nice... but no other equipment does that (would be nice, or is it broken?)

all else: :thumbsup:

EDIT: tested with the latest version

1. The chain harness does not have any animations associated with it.

2. Confirmed. Minor issue but I'll try to fix it before release.

3. I don't think it's supposed to affect speed.

4. It works okay(ish) for me. But it will depend on your HDT config and average FPS. Physics tend to spaz out if the game is running below 60. You may also notice weirdness if your HDT is set to be very bouncy.

5. It doesn't disable sprint. You can sprint briefly but it will consume a lot of stamina.

6. Refer to 4.

7. What do you mean by no effect?

8. It should. Other heavy restrains (armbinders, elbowbinders, yokes, breast yokes and handcuffs) have their own struggle animations but they were updated recently so you may need to discard any old devices you had and spawn new ones.

6 hours ago, worik said:

and another one, happened only once :

• iron handcuffs attached to a follower
  • follower goes into proper pose
  • take handcuffs back
  • follower returns to normal unbound pose
  • now after a minute or so, the follower returns to the bound pose but without the handcuffs. I have the handcuffs still in my inventory

I cannot reproduce this. Do you use any follower-related mods?

1 minute ago, Bobbert6996 said:

I am building a small mod which uses DD. Is it a good idea to build based on this beta version rather than 3.0?

At this point yes ^^ We'll be releasing in a few days(ish) unless some major issue comes up. The current version is a release candidate; no more invasive changes or major additions are planned at the moment so you can assume that what you see now (sans any bugs we manage to fix in the meantime) is going to make it into the official release.

The item "C. Animation filter issue" in my previous list still consistently reoccurs using the steps.

My testing has been entirely focused on things that matter for Shout Like a Virgin. Doing that, I'm not finding anything else significant to report. So at this point I'd say my mod runs without issue with the current 4.0 release candidate (if users continue to disable the animation filters like in the past).

3 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

The item "C. Animation filter issue" in my previous list still consistently reoccurs using the steps.

My testing has been entirely focused on things that matter for Shout Like a Virgin. Doing that, I'm not finding anything else significant to report. So at this point I'd say my mod runs without issue with the current 4.0 release candidate (if users continue to disable the animation filters like in the past).

Noted for future reference. Currently we're not touching the animation filter since cedec already has plans for it. And it sounds like a very situational and ignorable issue so I hope you let us off the hook on this (for now) ^^

59 minutes ago, Princessity said:

Noted for future reference. Currently we're not touching the animation filter since cedec already has plans for it. And it sounds like a very situational and ignorable issue so I hope you let us off the hook on this (for now) ^^

I gave a very situational scenario because it consistently demonstrates the issue. But the issue is much broader. For me it happens half the time with creatures and with 3+ actors. With a mod like mine, 3+ actors is more than half the time so this makes using the filter impractical.

But don't get me wrong here, it's the DD team's call. If the cause and solution is currently unknown, fixing it now makes no sense and I understand. Since it's the same in 3.3 (and I think pre-3.3) it's not releasing something worse, plus you have the option to disable.

Good job DD team on this huge release :) I'm looking forward to it.

Fantastic job on the new version. I've really been enjoying it so far.

There's one tiny problem I've had happen a few times I thought I should report in case anything can be done, though whether it's a sexlab issue or a devious one I'm not sure - and it may well have been happening with older versions as well, though not as often I don't think:

If my character is in a devious event (such as struggling against an armbinder) when a sexlab animation begins the sexlab animation will initially override the devious one, but at the point the devious event ends the character will be left standing upright for the remainder of the sexlab animation, while her partner(s) continue to animate correctly. PetCollar is the main mod I have that triggers sexlab at the moment, and if my follower wants to use my character when she's currently struggling (or being vibed) this is usually the result.

Would there be any way to prevent sexlab triggering until a devious event has finished playing, or tweaking something so the end of the event doesn't break the sexlab animation? Or would this be better asked in the PetCollar topic?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Princessity said:

[..]

3. I don't think it's supposed to affect speed.

4. It works okay(ish) for me. But it will depend on your HDT config and average FPS. Physics tend to spaz out if the game is running below 60. You may also notice weirdness if your HDT is set to be very bouncy.

5. It doesn't disable sprint. You can sprint briefly but it will consume a lot of stamina.

[..]

7. What do you mean by no effect?

8. It should. Other heavy restrains (armbinders, elbowbinders, yokes, breast yokes and handcuffs) have their own struggle animations but they were updated recently so you may need to discard any old devices you had and spawn new ones.

3. I had the (ankles) part of the full set in mind and thought that was supposed to slow me down

4. yes - definetly no 60FPS :)

5. I did not notice the stamina drop, tested again - aaaaah yes, my HUD was too immersive :) - Perfect!

7. no effect = follower can sprint-follow me on full speed as far as I can sprint unbound. Tested with a modded follower and vanilla Lydia

8. a yes, it was a yoke from the laundry pile. No idea which dev version it was from. I tested with a fresh one and it gave me a nice animation

>> I cannot reproduce this. Do you use any follower-related mods?

It was no vanilla follower (Vilja).

I tested with another modded follower and a yoke - situation is the same. The yoke pose is continued after I take the yoke back.

3rd test handcuffs and modded follower on the road in Riverwood - same

Fast travel to Dragonsreach and 4th test with vanilla Lydia. I had the same effect here with the yoke but not with the handcuffs. (probably too hasty to observe?)

I moved from the Throneroom to the Dungeon - problem remained. I took the backentrance - problem solved. The switch between indoors and outdoors seems to do the trick for vanilla AND modded followers