Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

12 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Do you use an ENB? If so have you change to a different one or changed any settings?

I use Pureweather which I believe works sort of like a ENB, but isn't one?

but I've not changed that one in years

Edit: I do have ENB files installed for the ENBoost suggested in the Skyrim Stability guide

Edited by Ursur1major
thing I forgot to mention like a dummy
17 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Edit:   I know that with nightvision you need to enable  UseOriginalpostProcessing  and the same may be true of the blindfolds since they use image space modifiers (I believe)

That seems to have done it from the testing I've carried out so far, thank you very much for the help

Meh, my post got deleted due to transfer...

I liked new things that was added! Animations look more livilier! I'm exited to see finished version of this.

And i had few troubles with testing version, so i wonder if it's just on my end or someone had them too?

First is that when i equip straitjacket, whole body got invisible. But i fixed it fast.

Second is that straitjacket don't have sex filters for DD animations. Even masturbation works.

Third is gags don't make gaged sounds appear in animations. (though someone said to get GagSFX but is it intentional?)

Also open straitjacket don't show piercing and chastity belts.

On 14.11.2017 at 3:55 PM, Mamango said:

Meh, my post got deleted due to transfer...

I liked new things that was added! Animations look more livilier! I'm exited to see finished version of this.

And i had few troubles with testing version, so i wonder if it's just on my end or someone had them too?

First is that when i equip straitjacket, whole body got invisible. But i fixed it fast.

Second is that straitjacket don't have sex filters for DD animations. Even masturbation works.

Third is gags don't make gaged sounds appear in animations. (though someone said to get GagSFX but is it intentional?)

Also open straitjacket don't show piercing and chastity belts.

For the open straight jacket not showing piercing etc. this sounds like its due the device hider from DDi which is there to prevent cliping through the armor if a bodyarmor is equipped so try to change the settings in the mcm if it bothers you.

On 14/11/2017 at 3:02 AM, Veladarius said:

Do you use an ENB? If so have you change to a different one or changed any settings?

Edit:   I know that with nightvision you need to enable  UseOriginalpostProcessing  and the same may be true of the blindfolds since they use image space modifiers (I believe)

Wouldn't enabling this make the enb useless?

I'm using Snowfall weathers enb and not beeing able to use dark fog is a bummer...

Edited by mangalo
12 minutes ago, mangalo said:

Wouldn't enabling this make the enb useless?

I'm using Snowfall weathers enb and not beeing able to use dark fog is a bummer...

Not really. The issue has been known for some time with nightvision and enb's and the only part affected is the post processing, all the other effects still work.

19 minutes ago, mangalo said:

I'll try it even though what I read on STEP kind of scared me : http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBseries_INI/Effect

I feel like they're saying it will disable colors modifications etc

Well, either way its your choice between having the effects or having the color change (not all enb's change them).

You can enable and disable it within the ENB settings panel which is far easier than editing the ini file for the enb. I don't know why the STEP guide tells you to edit the ini file as editing it in the enb panel in game is far easier and on most things the effect is immediate and can be saved as well.

Not that I pay any attention to the STEP guide anyway.

Edited by Veladarius

Ello one and all. Got a bit of weirdness going on after installing the beta version pertaining to the straitjackets,. Yesterday Skyrim was CTDing every time I tried to wear any of the gowns within this dev build so after 5 hours of faffing about redownloading skyrim and reinstalling everything clean lo and behold the hobble dresses work once more yet still I am thwarted at the last. All the straitjackets (and now the catsuits) cause the old "floating head" issue (they show up in the inventory just fine), had previously suspected this was due to an incorrect install before the total reinstall but that doesnt appear to be the case and I am at a total loss as to what the problem could be. Am using CBBE (no HDT as that kept bugging out on install), ran FNIS after each mod install, ran LOOT to make the mod order correct, not playing a custom race and ran bodyslide to build everything correctly, turned off the "item hider" but no dice.

Current loadlist

Skyrim
Update
Dawnguard
HearthFires
Dragonborn
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
RaceCompatibility
SexLab
hdtHighHeel
ApachiiHair
ApachiiHairFemales
ZaZAnimationPack
Devious Devices - Assets
SexLabAroused
Devious Devices - Integration
Devious Devices - Expansion
HighResTexturePack01
HighResTexturePack02
HighResTexturePack03
RaceMenu
RaceMenuPlugin
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE
UIExtensions
AddItemMenu2
SkyUI
FNIS
The Ningheim
Captured Dreams
Deviously Cursed Loot
Devious Deviants
SexLab_Dialogues
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL 

Edited by Chaosdrive
Found the catsuits were bugged as well

Been messing around with the latest development build and remembered something, as per the discussion here there are assets for a Strap (non-harness) Panel Gag but it was never implemented before. According to Veladarius there is even a script instance for the Strap Panel Gag. However in the latest build it doesn't seem to have been added yet.

Just figure I'd ask if you are going to add it in for the release build, not for me but Veladarius seemed interested in it.

2 hours ago, Chaosdrive said:

Ello one and all. Got a bit of weirdness going on after installing the beta version pertaining to the straitjackets,. Yesterday Skyrim was CTDing every time I tried to wear any of the gowns within this dev build so after 5 hours of faffing about redownloading skyrim and reinstalling everything clean lo and behold the hobble dresses work once more yet still I am thwarted at the last. All the straitjackets (and now the catsuits) cause the old "floating head" issue (they show up in the inventory just fine), had previously suspected this was due to an incorrect install before the total reinstall but that doesnt appear to be the case and I am at a total loss as to what the problem could be. Am using CBBE (no HDT as that kept bugging out on install), ran FNIS after each mod install, ran LOOT to make the mod order correct, not playing a custom race and ran bodyslide to build everything correctly, turned off the "item hider" but no dice.

Current loadlist

Spoiler

Skyrim
Update
Dawnguard
HearthFires
Dragonborn
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
RaceCompatibility
SexLab
hdtHighHeel
ApachiiHair
ApachiiHairFemales
ZaZAnimationPack
Devious Devices - Assets
SexLabAroused
Devious Devices - Integration
Devious Devices - Expansion
HighResTexturePack01
HighResTexturePack02
HighResTexturePack03
RaceMenu
RaceMenuPlugin
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE
UIExtensions
AddItemMenu2
SkyUI
FNIS
The Ningheim
Captured Dreams
Deviously Cursed Loot
Devious Deviants
SexLab_Dialogues
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL 

If you're running MO, you may need to hold ctrl while clicking the batch build button. Alternatively captured dreams has a set of pre-build meshes you can try (though I think it's still missing any items that are new in DD4)

27 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

If you're running MO, you may need to hold ctrl while clicking the batch build button. Alternatively captured dreams has a set of pre-build meshes you can try (though I think it's still missing any items that are new in DD4)

If I could reach through the screen and kiss you I would. After doing the Crtl+Click method both the straitjackets and the catsuits work like a friggin charm! Thanks an arseload for the answer.

55 minutes ago, Assozatz said:

I was told a bit ago that the straitjackets had been added to the beta. I tried installing it though but it isn't there. Thus, I am rather confused.

Did you download from the master or development branch? The master branch is the release version, while the dev branch is the beta.

21 minutes ago, Kimy said:

If you are using a recent 4.0 development version, I don't think you will have to start a new game again. All drastic changes that we planned to make, already were made.

Thank you for the answer, i am waiting for the release of 4.0 to start a new game but i have trouble trying to wait anymore as official release approach ;P, lol haha i need my skyrim fix and do bleak fall borrow for the Xth time so i may install the development version :)

Love your mods Kimy and the team it complete my skyrim !

3 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Thank you for the answer, i am waiting for the release of 4.0 to start a new game but i have trouble trying to wait anymore as official release approach ;P, lol haha i need my skyrim fix and do bleak fall borrow for the Xth time so i may install the development version :)

Love your mods Kimy and the team it complete my skyrim !

Another option might be what i often do: start a new game that isn't meant for a long run. Just add a bunch of mods you never really tried because they're alpha/buggy/whatever, test them for some time and possibly you'd reconsider what might fit into your main game later. Even if not, it serves to spend some time while waiting for an update^^

15 hours ago, Kimy said:

If you are using a recent 4.0 development version, I don't think you will have to start a new game again. All drastic changes that we planned to make, already were made.

Oh the unfortunate timing...

Welp, I'm afraid I'm here to contradict Kimy n_n Just a minute ago I pushed an update that... slightly overhauls DD's animation system. O-Only a little bit!

Himouto63.png

There may be some backwards incompatibility and... stuff. Old saves (from my brief series of tests) seem to be fine and users should not notice any difference... but changes behind the scenes were significant and a little invasive. If you insist on staying on an old save, I recommend at least tossing all your devices and spawning new instances! <3

Both DDi and DDx have been updated. Testers need to download both to avoid desync issues. New game recommended. FNIS 7.0 or greater ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED! Older versions are no longer supported. FNIS re-run required.

Changelog:

• Purged the animation system with righteous fire and cleansed it of sin and impurity
  • Also refactored all internal and device-end code to use SendAnimationEvent instead of PlayIdle. Specific animations now must be passed as strings (behaviour name)
  • Custom wrist restraints will need to be updated. The "StruggleIdle" and "StruggleHobIdle" arrays are now string arrays
  • Hopefully fixed players occasionally getting offsets applied to them even though it is and was physically impossible unless someone's game was borked beyond all recognition? But... I guess now it's double-impossible?
  • Copied over a couple more ZAP animation files that are still in use
  • Hopefully erased all remaining traces of ZAP from DDi
  • Added horny, orgasm and edge animation support for elbowbinders and why-is-this-a-thing-yokes (placeholder animations, to be replaced in a future update)
  • Frontcuffs use unbound animations because they kinda work as is
  • This update was sponsored by Dr Pepper

Known Issues:

• Plugs device manipulation menu is still borked but at least now we know why (TBD; pending Princess getting some sleep)
Edited by Princessity

So I finally found the time to start a new game and play with the new build for a while -- couldn't find anything wrong with it so far.

The empty belt tucking / chafing events now animate and stop playing properly (no longer looping). I tested it with DDI and DDX chastity belts and harnesses and all seems to work as it should.

Let me say once more how awesome these new belt animations are, the frustration that's displayed by the charecter there looks incredibly real. Also I love how it all interacts with the HDT body physics in the belly and butt areas.

DDi: (latest) 149ed608e4dce896f1e25577520e2260435d9c6c DDx: (latest) 6c43c522c4928ddaec4b63e643f01ee1587fd13c

Cosmetic bug: Silver chastity belt and bra in DDx aren't properly named.

They are just called "steel" but the gold items have (Gold) after "steel" in their names

silver.bmp

silver.jpg

Edited by Verstort
forgot the version

Probably too late for feature requests, but it would be nice to have a version of zadlibs::VibrateEffect that allowed you to pass in a Sound object to use instead of having the method select one based on strength.  That would allow for people to create custom vibration sounds for new devices.  The tentacle parasite in DCUR is probably the best example. 

Maybe just a simple refactoring for VibrateEffect() to move all of the logic into a new VibrateEffectWithSound() and have VibrateEffect() do nothing but pick a sound then call the other method?

At one point I wrote a private mod that made the "silent" parameter also suppress the sound, created a a looping sound descriptor & marker using some of the sexlab SFX, and edited the parasite's effect to play the sound when the tentacle was active.  That gave a nice immersive squishing sound instead of a vibrator sound but it took manual work after each update and I eventually lost the source.

On 25/11/2017 at 5:41 AM, Verstort said:

DDi: (latest) 149ed608e4dce896f1e25577520e2260435d9c6c DDx: (latest) 6c43c522c4928ddaec4b63e643f01ee1587fd13c

Cosmetic bug: Silver chastity belt and bra in DDx aren't properly named.

They are just called "steel" but the gold items have (Gold) after "steel" in their names

Thank you. I'm not actually sure if it's a bug or intended but I'll be fixing some bugs with belts soon so I'll look into it too.

16 hours ago, throwaway219 said:

Probably too late for feature requests, but it would be nice to have a version of zadlibs::VibrateEffect that allowed you to pass in a Sound object to use instead of having the method select one based on strength.  That would allow for people to create custom vibration sounds for new devices.  The tentacle parasite in DCUR is probably the best example. 

Maybe just a simple refactoring for VibrateEffect() to move all of the logic into a new VibrateEffectWithSound() and have VibrateEffect() do nothing but pick a sound then call the other method?

At one point I wrote a private mod that made the "silent" parameter also suppress the sound, created a a looping sound descriptor & marker using some of the sexlab SFX, and edited the parasite's effect to play the sound when the tentacle was active.  That gave a nice immersive squishing sound instead of a vibrator sound but it took manual work after each update and I eventually lost the source.

Only a bit late ^^ The current development cycle is feature-frozen but we'll see if we can schedule it for the next one. If we don't, please remind us after 4.0's release.

11 hours ago, EdwardGein89 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is Armbinders_With_Hands by cedec0 going to be integrated into DD, for both the armbinder and elbowbinder? It really boots mir immersion, especially when used together with the restrictive gloves...

I've seen this request brought up several times but I'm not sure I understand it. What are the benefits to rendering hands when you cannot see them?

If we ever decided to make a transparent or partial armbinder, we could make one without issues but the current mesh is sufficient and efficient for the purpose it was intended.

Edited by Princessity