The Sexoutng Api (How-To For Modders)

• 1 month later...

What is the correct way to use ZaZ with NX, it doesn't seem to be clearly documented?

Specifically, this line:

set SexoutNG.nUseZAZ to 1

I tried using:

Player.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::nUseZAZ" 1

but the game animation just froze and didn't start. In each instance I used all old or all new calls.

--

Also, is there a way to mute some/all sounds per sex call?

SexoutNGSanitizeScriptNX uses NX_GetEVFl "Sexout:Start::nUseZAZ"

I'm afraid not. You could silenced the sound (Sexout.useVoice = 0) and restore the setting in a callback spell. Plus, at least one animation contains a sound. Definitivly NOT foolproof.

• 1 month later...

Okay, so Im pulling my hair since I was playing around in the GECK trying to get the sex animations to work.

While using sexout as a master file, I created a dialogue with a NCP (reference name "janusjRef" below) that was supposed to trigger an animation in the "Result Script (End)" box of a conversation. Ive tried numerous variations of this and used the "SexoutNGMain"-script in the quest data window. What am I doing wrong?

janusjRef.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::CallVer" 1
janusjRef.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::IsVaginal" 1
janusjRef.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorA" janusjRef
janusjRef.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorB" PlayerRef

janusjRef.CIOS SexoutBegin

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your code looks fine to me, be sure to hit "compile scripts" after you entered it in the end result script, flag the line as 'goodbye' (usually), and you should be all set.

This however:

and used the "SexoutNGMain"-script in the quest data window. What am I doing wrong?

is not something you oughta be doing.

Ok I'm about to try this:

rZActor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::CallVer" 1
		rZActor.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorA" rZActor
		rZActor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::bDontUndressA " 1 
		rZActor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::anim" 301
		rZActor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::duration " 10
		rZActor.CIOS SexoutBegin

with the intend to make the actor masturbate until I call a stop to it

Now I've looked in here and found no specific reference to stopping sex early so do I just do:

rZActor.RemoveSpell SexoutBegin
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be stupid and what you've already thought of and ruled out, but couldn't you do a check for the number of tokens somewhere around when the sex starts, store it as a var, and then get the answer that way?  If actor has var 4 or the token, getitemcount?

Yes, I could make another spell to cast on sex start and store the anim value as an NX on the actor (to stop confusion when lots of sex is going on), but I was wondering if it was possible to do it during my existing sexend script to avoid making another. Also, I believe the tokens are deprecated.

I could do: rActor.NX_GetEVFl "Sexout:Start::Anim" but I am guessing this variable gets cleared at some point, and maybe isn't set when the random picker is used.

The Anim #s are in "Sexout:Start::animA" (and B, and C). They're stored by actor because they could potentially be different values.

They do get cleared along with all the Start vars, sorry. I can add them to some vars set by the post-sex callback, they should probably be there anyway. I'll make a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is baffling. Is there a reason why this code (run as the result of a dialogue topic flagged as goodbye):

ref myRef
set myRef to Getself
set SexoutNG.ActorA to player
set SexoutNG.ActorB to myRef
myRef.additem myToken 1
set Sexout.SexType to Anal
CIOS SexoutBegin

Should work well with some NPCs (e.g. Sunny, Lacey) but not others (e.g. Trudy and Ghost)?

When it does not work, the resulting animation is player masturbation, and showinventory doesn't show the token in the target's inventory. However, other dialogue topics which depend on the token being present then show up anyway... what am I missing?

Dialogue scripts are problematic and this is a common consequence- Most likely, GetSelf is not returning quick enough so myRef == 0, hence there is no actorB so sex is masturbation. Sometimes it does.. thats just the wonderful game engine. Take a look in the GECK scripting 101 thread for more info on this, start at the beginning.

In Soliciting (take a look in GECK if you like, the code is quite clear from V4.2), I only do additem, startquest, or setting quest variables within dialogue scripts, everything else is in other scripts. I would suggest you move that code to an effect, object or quest script and call that from dialogue instead.

Object OnAdd blocks will run during dialogue, GameMode and Effect spells will not, but running before or afterwards is usually fine if you aren't changing current dialogue responses.

Also, I'd suggest using the new NX sexout calling method rather than the old one. The variable names are the same.

@Antico:  You do need to click the Compile Scripts button that's near the Begin/End Script boxes.  Also, I'm surprised that it would work at all as that you need a reference for CIOS.  I thought that there was a preference for which actor to call it on (A or B ), but anyway, the CIOS should eventually be something similar to "player.CIOS SexoutBegin."

EDIT:  Because accidental emoticon.  : P

@Antico:  You do need to click the Compile Scripts button that's near the Begin/End Script boxes.  Also, I'm surprised that it would work at all as that you need a reference for CIOS.  I thought that there was a preference for which actor to call it on (A or B ), but anyway, the CIOS should eventually be something similar to "player.CIOS SexoutBegin."

EDIT:  Because accidental emoticon.  : P

In dialogue you normally don't need the target ref.  It will apply to the dialogue 'S' target.  So where in scripts you might do a 'ref.CIOS', you can simply do a CIOS without the ref as it will apply to the target that is using the dialogue.  You still need to do Player.CIOS though if you want it to apply to the 'T' target.

So just to get myself straightened out once and for all, when YOU are talking to an NPC, are you the speaker or the target?

Player is almost always the T, never the S.  I think there may be exceptions to this as implied, but I don't know what they are or have forgotten.

Dialogue has always felt backwards to me anyway.  /bitching

EDIT:  Not that it's worth explaining, probably, but you set it up the opposite of the way that you see it in game.  One player topic = 3 NPC responses as opposed to One NPC topic = 3 Player responses.

OK, I've got a dumb question. Where is the mesh for the er... "strap on" business for a few girl/girl anims located? I had assumed it was an animated object but maybe I'm missing it somewhere. It's only used for a few animations but I'm putting together a TypeN for Sexout package and it clips rather badly on the TypeN body. :blush: