3 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

I must say... that new male head model is freaking awesome! OwO

I've downloaded and converted it to Special Edition. No stability issues, and characters look good so far - some screenshots below.

Also, I switched yesterday from CBBE to BHUNP (sort of an "improved" version of UNP available only to SSE), getting rid from those annoying ankle/wrist seams on females - no mesh/texture mismatch noticed until now.

Still have some things to test (such as digitigrade feet), and will do so later. Got some RL errands to do this afternoon -.-

Edit: forgot the "spoiler tag"...

Hide contents

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot4.png

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot8.png

ScreenShot9.png

let me know when you upload se version

doing enderal SE replay

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

Is CBBE no longer supported or am I just being totally blind?

CBBE isn't supported right now because I don't use it and I don't like it and there was some stuff to fix in the old patch before it was functional and I couldn't be arsed so I just dropped it for the time being. I'll probably add it back at some point but there's no ETA so assume the worst for now.

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

CBBE isn't supported right now because I don't use it and I don't like it and there was some stuff to fix in the old patch before it was functional and I couldn't be arsed so I just dropped it for the time being. I'll probably add it back at some point but there's no ETA so assume the worst for now.

Ok. I still have a manual copy of an old version so I can hold off until a CBBE update (if you choose to do one).

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the main menu replaces are missing.

Those need updating as well but I kinda forgot about them. I'll take a look amd get the file posted if they don't need any complex tinkering or whatever to work properly again.

11 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Is a version for FO4 also planned?

Sadly not, chargen options in FO4 are extremely limited and properly replicating her is pretty much impossible.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Sadly not, chargen options in FO4 are extremely limited and properly replicating her is pretty much impossible.

It's a pity ?, I hoped that if its base is The Selachii - Shark Race, it might not be a problem to create her for FO4 as well.

4 hours ago, poblivion said:

Is a version for FO4 also planned?

Unlikely since as Blaze mentioned, the chargen is kinda bad in FO4 and at least I'm not aware of any method of importing actually sculpted head for NPCs (or players) there.
Plus, FO4 is CBBE land and aside from not liking CBBE in general, I'd have to redo the textures and they were pain enough already. ?

So pretty much the same reason why Saika isn't there at all and the FO4!Emi is more like a bootleg version of her.

Okay, so I understand this could be my ENB just really exaggerating a small discrepancy, but with the new version, the shark head's color is pretty mismatched with the rest of the body

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.thumb.png.388ec38c5e65ce333a7292f2555dc0a7.png

After poking around the texture files and the .esp, I can't really find a solid reasoning for it. Everything's there and the texture sets point to valid directories. It's less noticeable with brighter tints, especially more saturated colors, but it's still there.

Any ideas, or is it just my ENB screwing with me?

26 minutes ago, Ryokentaru said:

Okay, so I understand this could be my ENB just really exaggerating a small discrepancy, but with the new version, the shark head's color is pretty mismatched with the rest of the body

Hide contents

ScreenShot0.thumb.png.388ec38c5e65ce333a7292f2555dc0a7.png

After poking around the texture files and the .esp, I can't really find a solid reasoning for it. Everything's there and the texture sets point to valid directories. It's less noticeable with brighter tints, especially more saturated colors, but it's still there.

I have such a theory. Some time ago I tryed resolved the problem that in Skyrim for some reason the head has a slightly reddish tint and the body is a little greenish (bluish). This is most noticeable on monochrome textures. It's affected also has the ENB used and various effects on.

48 minutes ago, Ryokentaru said:

First thing that comes to mind is the detail mask tone mismatch bug caused by Beth being retarded (as usual) and using color-fucking compression on a texture type for which color matching is critical. You should be able to fix it by installing Unmasked Faces - no green detailmaps for complexion and necks -. (Check the mod page for comparison pics, it's amazing how Beth really fucked up there).

...that being said, your mismatch looks very pronounced, so unless your ENB just happens to exacerbate the detailmask mismatch a lot, this might be caused by something else. Everything looked fine on my end, but I'll double check.

16 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

First thing that comes to mind is the detail mask tone mismatch bug caused by Beth being retarded (as usual) and using color-fucking compression on a texture type for which color matching is critical. You should be able to fix it by installing Unmasked Faces - no green detailmaps for complexion and necks -. (Check the mod page for comparison pics, it's amazing how Beth really fucked up there).

...that being said, your mismatch looks very pronounced, so unless your ENB just happens to exacerbate the detailmask mismatch a lot, this might be caused by something else. Everything looked fine on my end, but I'll double check.

Thanks, I finally know what caused it. I suspected it was Bethesda's problem, because the same bug was in the vanilla game without MODs at all.

When I remember those hours of time I tried to match the shades of the head and body and unnecessarily without results :classic_angry:

And yes, some ENBs will highlight this bug.

Edit: I think FO4 also has a similar problem ?

@Ryokentaru and @poblivion (and anyone else that downloaded the 3.40 update), turns out the male head nif was using the wrong shader values and that's what causes the seam (even though the detail mask bug may also be at play there, making it more obvious).

Grab the hotfix I just uploaded and see if that helps.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

@Ryokentaru and @poblivion (and anyone else that downloaded the 3.40 update), turns out the male head nif was using the wrong shader values and that's what causes the seam (even though the detail mask bug may also be at play there, making it more obvious).

Grab the hotfix I just uploaded and see if that helps.

Awesome. Combined with the Unmasked Faces mod you linked earlier, the color matches perfectly and the seam is practically invisible.

However, and I really hate being that guy, but now that the head is tinted properly, I realized that both the male head fins and the tail are also mismatched, probably for the same reasons.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, Aki K said:

I see there's a new update but don't see any mention of CBBE in the downloads. Is CBBE no longer supported or am I just being totally blind?

I believe the old unofficial SE port of the Selachii has/had optional; functional, CBBE textures. Should be able to backport those somehow to LE if you really want them? ?

23 minutes ago, MonVert said:

I believe the old unofficial SE port of the Selachii has/had optional; functional, CBBE textures. Should be able to backport those somehow to LE if you really want them? ?

My efforts at backporting have rarely worked out. But I'm fine waiting. I don't get to play much lately anyway so I'm in no rush.

If the shark race came with a custom unp body in its file structure, a CBBE user could simply use outfit studio to fit a cbbe reference underneath the shark body and then mask the cbbe body.  (outfit studio even has "cbbe to unp" conversion references made just for this)

That's how I usually get UNP things to work for my CBBE based game. 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:40 AM, Blaze69 said:

Alright, the new update is live at long last. As always, do let me know if you find any bugs or issues or missing files and so on.

So, I assume, since the writing is now gone, that the sharks are now using the same updated digi mechanic as the rest of BD's races?

8 hours ago, Aki K said:

My efforts at backporting have rarely worked out. But I'm fine waiting. I don't get to play much lately anyway so I'm in no rush.

Here are the CBBE textures from (UNOFFICIAL) SSE Port 3.50 that I saved in DXT5, so they should be compatible with Skyrim LE.

Edit: Here are the CBBE textures from (UNOFFICIAL) SSE Port 3.50 that I saved in uncompressed ARGB, so they should be compatible with Skyrim LE.

CBBE ARGB textures.7z

8 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

However, and I really hate being that guy, but now that the head is tinted properly, I realized that both the male head fins and the tail are also mismatched, probably for the same reasons.

5b05edea873b365f41766f131dbfe0e5.gif

Try the updated hotfix, issue should be gone now.

7 hours ago, venomr said:

If the shark race came with a custom unp body in its file structure

...which it doesn't. At least not for the base race mod (the outfits included do have bodies in them, as usual).

The main issue here is body textures and hand/feet meshes, which are made for UNP-based bodies only.

5 hours ago, MonVert said:

So, I assume, since the writing is now gone, that the sharks are now using the same updated digi mechanic as the rest of BD's races?

MadMans already pointed it out, but yes, it uses the new mechanic indeed.

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

Here are the CBBE textures [...] that I saved in DXT5, so they should be compatible with Skyrim LE.

This is bad. Very bad. Selachii textures should NEVER be saved as DXT1/BC1 or DXT5/BC3, the compression artifacts just completely wreck the detail and make them look like shit. The only suitable formats are uncompressed RGB8 for LE and compressed BC7 for SE. :classic_undecided:

52 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

This is bad. Very bad. Selachii textures should NEVER be saved as DXT1/BC1 or DXT5/BC3, the compression artifacts just completely wreck the detail and make them look like shit. The only suitable formats are uncompressed RGB8 for LE and compressed BC7 for SE. :classic_undecided:

I've already fixed it and saved it in ARGB. (Of course, the original textures, not those already saved in DXT5.)