• 1 month later...

Hmm, i'm having an issue generating tintmaps for selachii NPCs and I think it's because the warpaints the mod comes with are 2048res and the creation kit hates anything higher than 256res. Is there a way around this or do i have to lower the res of the included tints temporarily to generate NPC face textures?

I noticed that some chars in the NPC plugin are probably created with RaceMenu as their editor face morphs do not match their in game counterparts. That'd be a way to generate npcs a lot better.

Edited by Chosen Clue
3 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

do i have to lower the res of the included tints temporarily to generate NPC face textures?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

I noticed that some chars in the NPC plugin are probably created with RaceMenu as their editor face morphs do not match their in game counterparts. That'd be a way to generate npcs a lot better.

...that would be Plan B and would provide a better result, yeah.

• 1 month later...

"You seek the same foe that I've bested once, gaining for myself a lovely companion. But not only that, you have already acted for my interests, improving Raven Rock - for this, you can consider yourself welcome among my crew - and we shall indeed talk about that oily wench."

Spoiler

Promo1.png.cc5241e783eff30e40ffc9910b47523c.png

• 1 month later...

my game crashes after the bethesda logo when i have this mod installed. i installed and uninstalled the game multiple times, same with the mods and it doesn't work. i installed race complatibility, sos, xp32mse or whatever it was called and unp. help please?

6 minutes ago, anon.s said:

my game crashes after the bethesda logo when i have this mod installed. i installed and uninstalled the game multiple times, same with the mods and it doesn't work. i installed race complatibility, sos, xp32mse or whatever it was called and unp. help please?

Crashing at the main menu(or directly before you see it) can be a few issues, but one of these can be that scripts which the game is trying to load, and they cannot. Depending on your install, if what you have is just the requirements for this mod, the culprit may be RaceCompatibility. It isn't just the .esm file you'll want loaded, it's the scripts as well. I'd suggest trying to reinstall RC, likely the most current version from here, RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard

If you have a RaceCompatibility.esm from any other mods, it's best to only let the game load said mod's(RC's) files from the most current RC release, and not from other mods, If you use MO or MO2(or possibly Vortex, but I'm not sure of that...), you can load the standalone RC install after any mods that include conflicting files.

19 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Crashing at the main menu(or directly before you see it) can be a few issues, but one of these can be that scripts which the game is trying to load, and they cannot. Depending on your install, if what you have is just the requirements for this mod, the culprit may be RaceCompatibility. It isn't just the .esm file you'll want loaded, it's the scripts as well. I'd suggest trying to reinstall RC, likely the most current version from here, RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard

If you have a RaceCompatibility.esm from any other mods, it's best to only let the game load said mod's(RC's) files from the most current RC release, and not from other mods, If you use MO or MO2(or possibly Vortex, but I'm not sure of that...), you can load the standalone RC install after any mods that include conflicting files.

i tried installing rc before installing the shark race mod and the game worked fine. it only crashes after installing the latter. at this point idk what i'm doing wrong

1 hour ago, anon.s said:

i tried installing rc before installing the shark race mod and the game worked fine. it only crashes after installing the latter. at this point idk what i'm doing wrong

Is SOS installed and enabled properly? It's a hard requirement for this mod.

"It seems a discussion I've only had with those of other races, normally of similar positions. They bring up this sort of topic, and question it as if a rarity. As if the same is perhaps a once in a century occurrence, when these are perhaps men and women of knowledge and understanding? I always suggest the same - my profession, or how I, and perhaps the majority of my race choose to interpret it, is that when faced with difference, the first priority must be understanding, and then, acceptance. Perhaps the same trappings you do not need to take upon yourself, but the acknowledgement of others, you must. After that, a due of respect must be paid, the equal acknowledgement of them as a sentient being, as yourself. But how you treat them further, is a measure of your character."

-Emiko Kai, Selachii Council Advocate.

Added these Sarashii/Fundoshi colors to the mod.

Spoiler

UnderwearColors.thumb.png.2f5aa2b94a70bfedd6ad085e0a7c452b.png

The background location is in the mod too, intended as a quest location for Nami's quest, A Price Paid. As well as relating to the previously shown cavern with the ship, Sailor's Cove. Information on said area, including it's story and characters can be found in the blog, here.

1 hour ago, The69Fox said:

Yoooooo freaking hot, you know how to get good shots. But how did you get it to work with SAM body on SSE? Would you be able to share? O-O

You're quoting a two year old post from an account that is long deleted. I shouldn't need to tell you that the chances of getting a reply fall somewhere between "none" and "absolute zero", and I have to question your judgement of doing such a thing while expecting a reply, lol.

I don't know of any proper SAM patches for the race, or if any do exist they are not public, so I'm afraid you're out of luck there.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

You're quoting a two year old post from an account that is long deleted. I shouldn't need to tell you that the chances of getting a reply fall somewhere between "none" and "absolute zero", and I have to question your judgement of doing such a thing while expecting a reply, lol.

I don't know of any proper SAM patches for the race, or if any do exist they are not public, so I'm afraid you're out of luck there.

Time Travel, What could go wrong? - back to the future marty | Meme  Generator

19 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

It was a slim chance, but better a shot in the dark than watching and hoping lmao. Ngl though, I didn't read too much into it ?

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Viper776 said:

Hey dude any chance you could make a cbbe patch again for this?

Not for now. I might redo/overhaul the textures at some point, though, and if I do then I will (probably) make a CBBE patch as well. But it will take a long while to happen if it ever does, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

In the follower esp, Kyo has a house in the solitude docks, but he doesn't path to it to sleep nor sandbox. It turns out that in the navmesh, there's two islands disconnected so he never goes to sleep or sandboxes. I've highlighted the issue in the below screenshot by separating two of the 4 verts that should be connected.

image.png.8a8e9182af91db4e3448e4d98f14f1b9.png

What I'd recommend is to move them out like this and then select all 4 of them and press A to make a connection.

image.png.4bf4fa809a7ca82e090b9dfe529ebbf3.png

2 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

[snip]

Thanks for the heads up, dunno how that happened but obviously it did. Ugh. Thanks, CK. ?

Anyhow, I'm afraid updates won't happen anytime soon (if at all), but I'll make sure to add this to the list of stuff to do if/when it happens so it can be sorted out.

• 2 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 9:21 AM, Blaze69 said:

Yes.

...that would be Plan B and would provide a better result, yeah.

Greetings!

A related question regarding resizing the tintmasks for shark npcs: I've been trying to resize these using paint.net to the required 256 x 256 size, but each and everytime I try to use these in the Creation Kit, it throws me a warning about the files not being in the correct size and ignores the tintmasks altogether. Is there something I'm missing or is there some trick to it? I attached one of the files so if anyone can point out what am I doing wrong, that would be a great help! Thanks in advance.

Cheeks.dds

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lunky-Dunk said:

Is it possible to get FFR patch for sharks?

Not quite sure what "FFR" means, so I can't really answer that for sure.

It's unlikely whatever it is would happen anytime soon, though, since I'm currently busy with other projects and thus not planning any updates for this mod in the near future.

14 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Not quite sure what "FFR" means, so I can't really answer that for sure.

It's unlikely whatever it is would happen anytime soon, though, since I'm currently busy with other projects and thus not planning any updates for this mod in the near future.

femfeet redesigned