On 7/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, yarz96 said:

try to use google before

Technically, my conversion is different from his. I came out with mine a long time ago. When I saw his up on the nexus I checked out the nif to see if he was just reposting mine, but while they are very similar his model is more detailed and actually imo better. Too bad about the lack of UUNP from his mod, but i'm sure someone will get around to it eventually.

Does Outfit Studio have a way to create a conversion reference for a non standard body shape, like someone's personal preset? Example: The author says its UNPB but it's a custom variation so call it UNPB++. I use the sliders to build a reference body to fit the UNPB++ outfit, freeze them at that setting, then convert them to the standard CBBE HDT body like we normally do. I would be able to save the settings as a UNPB++ conversion reference for use on other parts of the outfit. This doable anyone?  

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:17 AM, ousnius said:

BodySlide automatically sets the flag to mutable for all meshes when you build it with the morphs checkbox.

That's so funny.

:D

Its like....

GAMEFEVER built his mod crappy cause reason X.

Bodyslide mod author ousnius, slap reason X is solved on export from Bodyslide.

DENIED

LOL

"Im upset cause I spent my whole week of spring break fixing his shit mod."

Uh buddy that Book of UUNP....took way longer than a single week.  That was a major project that spanned more than a year to build, and I had 2 other people involved on it.  A mesh creator and a picture artist for the pics in images and also box art.

Thank you Ousnius for fixing reason X

:)

On 8/5/2019 at 7:30 AM, Sorceress99 said:

Does Outfit Studio have a way to create a conversion reference for a non standard body shape, like someone's personal preset? Example: The author says its UNPB but it's a custom variation so call it UNPB++. I use the sliders to build a reference body to fit the UNPB++ outfit, freeze them at that setting, then convert them to the standard CBBE HDT body like we normally do. I would be able to save the settings as a UNPB++ conversion reference for use on other parts of the outfit. This doable anyone?  

Move the sliders in OS to fit, use "File -> Make Conversion Reference" and save it as a project.

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Making-a-new-conversion-reference

I want to use the CBBE MAX body as a CBBE HDT reference in my conversions. I have the Maxium CBBE Standard list as a reference but it has the extra sliders and says Maximum CBBE instead of 'BodyShape' that some outfits require. How do I do this? I have removed the anus object and closed the hole but I need to add the bones and the sliders to make it a conversion reference.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, asked a couple weeks ago on Nexus, but got no replies so...

Does this work at all for male meshes, or no?
Specifically, male armors, to be used ON males, NOT male->female conversions.

The only reason I'm even touching BS/OS is because the armor creating tutorial I'm following says it's easier to rig things with, rather than trying to weight paint in Blender.If it can't do anything for dudes, there's no reason for me to use it at all.

Literally all my armor projects are on hold until I get a response, because my alternative tutorial does things completely differently. orz

On 9/12/2019 at 2:44 AM, shaidien said:

Of course it does. You will want to get the Male body sliders. Cant rember exactly what its called only that I got it here. I think there was 2 plus Sam has it's own tools and directions on how to use OS bs to do them armors.

Yeah, I checked those first. The 2 here are broken and abandoned though unfortunately, and I'm not interested in SAM.

So really (on its own), no it doesn't?

You need sliders to adjust shape. So why did you want to use OS and bs ? If it's only for weight paint it can paint any shape man or woman. How ever if you intend to make new bones and paint them in OS you will need to make the new bones using nifscope and copy paste them into your games skeleton and load that in OS. Only then can you load the new bones up and paint them. Do not forget that any bone change needs to be saved and reloaded before the info can be exported. Also remember that copy paste in nifscope messes up the node names so correct that as you go. This affects shape names as well. 

Ps 

You want some sliders or you end up with same shape for both weights. I use those messed up old man bodies just to get the weight sliders as well as making 2 different bodies shapes. If you do not use sliders and have 2 different body shapes then just make sure you do everything in the exact same way step by step or the 2 different shapes will not be exactly the same and causes problems upto and including CD. In short it is just easer to use a slider work with the 100 weight even if you have the 0 weight and let bs make both bodies. 

Okay, I've run into a bit of an esoteric issue with the lighting on certain models built using outfit studio that I can't seem to find a fix for. 

I've been using OS as something of a general purpose mesh manipulation tool over the last couple of years for my various Dwarven robotics projects, as I've never been able to get the hang of dedicated 3D modeling programs. In the course of that I've figured out how to use OS to do various things, like cobbling together a functional ground/inventory model by importing the outfit model into a pre-existing ground model .nif and fitting it into the collision space. This mostly works fine, but frequently it will produce an output model where the lighting on some or all of the component meshes appears to be, well, backwards when viewed in-game. 

147454143_ScreenShot09-17-19at08.40AM003.jpg.e5d64d51c15be055a9cab8ecfcb3425b.jpg1370099816_ScreenShot09-17-19at08.41AM002.jpg.051e6542b9d587f2c7961cedcbd9bb28.jpg

The same phenomenon can also occur on meshes that have been subjected to the 'mirror mesh' command (a very useful tool for my purposes, by the way, thank you very much for adding it), and I found through trial and error there that it can be fixed by giving the affected parts a once-over with the 'edit alpha' brush in the Colors tab. This same fix has also worked when the issue has cropped up on ground models. However a new complication has shown itself in my current project, where I'm making 'doll' and statue-themed Automaton outfits that integrate sections of skin cut out of the body mesh. This lighting inversion has been consistently occurring on the ground models I've built for these elements, and while the 'edit alpha' trick works fine on the metal components it completely fails to alter the inversion on the skin meshes. I've tried changing various settings on the alpha brush and altering the shader flags and color settings using NifSkope, but I have yet to find a single thing that will get the lighting to display properly on these meshes. It also doesn't seem to matter where the skin mesh was sourced from; the body elements that this has been occurring on come from both the UUNP HDT and UUNP Special bodies, but the problem also shows up on the masks I cut out of the Charmers of the Reach headmesh. 

2013969423_ScreenShot09-17-19at08_42AM.jpg.c79bf0b24499603e1b5efcc796533960.jpg

I have no clue what's causing this inversion to begin with, nor why it seems to happen more or less at random, although I do feel it has gotten more frequent in the recent versions of the program. I don't recall running into it much at all when I built ground models for an earlier project nearly two years ago. Those were built more simply, though, and never incorporated the skin mesh. 

Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll be stuck with these funky-looking ground models when I release this.

It is flipping the normals and is indeed worse in latest OS. You do not use mirror or the smoothing function as this causes it the most. The fix is to turn the normals back over. However the fastest is just copy paste from a good nif in nifscope. But the best way to tackle problem is still in blender so delete the bones going into blender do your work fix new uv,s if needed and export in fbx then load it back into OS copy paste bones back on and save for affects to take hold. Still need to fix textures in nifscope but it's just some settings that you can copy over from a good nif. Keep in mind blender does it to just not very often and only if you do the uv wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 11:33 PM, shaidien said:

You need sliders to adjust shape. So why did you want to use OS and bs ? If it's only for weight paint it can paint any shape man or woman. How ever if you intend to make new bones and paint them in OS you will need to make the new bones using nifscope and copy paste them into your games skeleton and load that in OS. Only then can you load the new bones up and paint them. Do not forget that any bone change needs to be saved and reloaded before the info can be exported. Also remember that copy paste in nifscope messes up the node names so correct that as you go. This affects shape names as well. 

Ps 

You want some sliders or you end up with same shape for both weights. I use those messed up old man bodies just to get the weight sliders as well as making 2 different bodies shapes. If you do not use sliders and have 2 different body shapes then just make sure you do everything in the exact same way step by step or the 2 different shapes will not be exactly the same and causes problems upto and including CD. In short it is just easer to use a slider work with the 100 weight even if you have the 0 weight and let bs make both bodies. 

I don't *want* to use OS/BS, but I am following a tutorial for making new armors using Blender. It explains how to do everything from Blender to Skyrim, but skips the weight painting entirely, saying "just do it in bodyslide, because it is much easier". I shouldn't need any new bones, as it covers basic rigging, I think. (I stopped reading it after checking out OS/BS, because it looks complicated and if it couldn't do what I needed, I would need to find a different tutorial.)

So I 100% do need one of the broken male mods to use vanilla 0-100 weights?

I'll download them and try it out this weekend, but to be clear, when I say "I don't want sliders" I mean the non-vanilla bodyslide breast/waist/booty adjustments. I'd prefer to make very basic clothing to start with, before ever considering things like belly bones or physics!

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate them ?

You can not use blender for any bone work at all it fucks the names and rotations of the bone up. If you use blender to make a mesh then you need to use OS to add the bones. If you want new bones that you cant just copy paste in OS then you need nifscope to make the new bones and copy paste them Into your skeleton inside OS ref file. Then add them in OS and paint them there to. OS is way easer than blender it just cant do as much. O and custom bones seem to export from blender ok but it still fucks the rotation so eather fix the rotation in nifscope and follow the steps above to add fix to the OS skeleton. That is really the trick here is to make all bone changes in your skeleton in OS ref file ok and the other thing is you need to save the OS before any of the changes happen or your work wont be there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to change one of default in-game RM morph presets, like say UNPCM or UNPK to one of custom made presets? 

Reason being i have a plump sorceress and slender athletic fighter chicks i currently play. Both made from custom BS presets. And i have 2 sets of armor builds for both chars. 

Is there a way to build armors as 0-ed sliders an have them dynamically change to those custom presets ? Instead of rough body approximations i make in RM ?

1 hour ago, Skjall said:

Is there a way to change one of default in-game RM morph presets, like say UNPCM or UNPK to one of custom made presets? 

Reason being i have a plump sorceress and slender athletic fighter chicks i currently play. Both made from custom BS presets. And i have 2 sets of armor builds for both chars. 

Is there a way to build armors as 0-ed sliders an have them dynamically change to those custom presets ? Instead of rough body approximations i make in RM ?

To many abreavations not sure what most of them mean. Short answer is yes. Inless some of those ment some mod that applies presets to npc,s it's not all that hard and if those are custom followers with there own body files then it's even easier. I have heard of other programs that can make that kind of change however I do know the ck can very easy. By simply making new armor and giving it to your npc followers you can make many different body styles of same armor even letting weight sliders to adjust each of them. Not to familiar with it but I do know there is a program that gives variety in shapes and you can decide how it decides what npc gets what parts even separate per each npc. It does this the same way Sam does.  So you can get pretty complex with it if you put some time to set it up.

1. RM is Racemenu. BS is Bodyslide, UNPCM is Ultra Nationalistic Party of Communist Moderates. (it's not).

2. I'm not talking about npcs but player characters. 

3. To clarify: 

a. build zeroed sliders body and armors in outfit studio. 

b. create new char, at uunp morphs tab in Racemenu choose either a whole body preset, or modify separate body parts. 

c. play a game, and all outfits will automatically morph from default zeroed state to designated morph.

My question is if there is not too painful way to switch one of those pre-build morphs like 7b unp, unpb, unpcxyz etc with one of custom presets. 

I ask here before i start fiddling with files, just to conclude they're hard-coded or something and just waste 2 days of my life. 

No I do not believe it is a hard coded thing other than the name its self. You can load any preset in bs change the sliders to anything you like and save over it. The mod and don't ask me the name I was talking about can give you ability to change what preset each npc uses as far as the player character I do not know of a mod that let's you save or pic a preset for the body.  This is not to say it can't be done as I know it can as I have seen custom sliders just not the ones your asking about. This would be a script for race mod there is a program found on the nexus that walks you through race menu mods. I have not used it so cant walk you through it.  

Guest AthenaESIV

Anyone familiar with copying hdt bones from one body to another (want to add front and back thighs and calves from COCO body to regular uunp special) have a link to guide they would recommend?

Was gonna start with that guide for armor but thought maybe someone had a link to a more comprehensive guide.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Anyone familiar with copying hdt bones from one body to another (want to add front and back thighs and calves from COCO body to regular uunp special) have a link to guide they would recommend?

Was gonna start with that guide for armor but thought maybe someone had a link to a more comprehensive guide.

Thanks!

That's essentially it. The easiest DIY is find something that has the HDT bones you want to copy. Load that as reference and then copy bone weights.

hello everyone, I just re-started a Skyrim game for the first time in a few months and decided to finally trying making the jump from CBBE to UNP. So to start things I downloaded a few clothes/armor packs (Book of UUNP, UNP Minidresses, etc.), and when I tried generating the meshes with BodySlide I ran into a problem: while the clothes/armors conform to my sliders, the body beneath it doesn't change at all, causing massive clipping. I first thought it might be a problem with the preview, but it is also present in the generated meshes and in-game

https://imgur.com/a/KiyhEss

After that I tried a few random UUNP clothes from the internet and most have the same problem but not all of them... I thought it may be a problem with the armors packs but I couldn't find anything in the packs' threads, which would have surely popped up if the BS files were just badly made... I did find a message with a sorta similar issue in this thread, but it apparently had no replies :D 

For more info: I use Skyrim LE and MO2, also I had no problem generating a nude body

Has anyone had this problem before ? I don't know much about BS beside playing with sliders, am I doing something wrong ?