On 1/9/2020 at 3:04 AM, RedMonika said:

Ousnius and or Nind: Why does this happen in Outfit Studio and is something to worry about? I updated to the newest version of BS/OS today and all of the sudden I'm seeing this:

Reveal hidden contents

I went back to 4.7.4 and it's not happening.

Thanks

Changelog for 4.9:

• Outfit Studio: Don't render the overall skin transform anymore (not rendered in-game).
  • Outfit Studio: Zero out root node, shape and overall skin transform for skinned meshes (not rendered in-game).

These offsets in the BS/OS render happen because it doesn't render individual bone transforms (which could be counterproductive for sculpting anyway) and these armors were never created in a clean way (with zeroed out transforms and correct node positions on them).

I guess I will have to make it a toggle or something because so many armors are unclean in that regard.

To make them appear properly in 4.9 right now you would have to disable skinning, export, import and re-weight them while in the right position.

The BodySlide output will still be correct even in 4.9, just not the preview.

16 hours ago, ousnius said:

Changelog for 4.9:

• Outfit Studio: Don't render the overall skin transform anymore (not rendered in-game).
  • Outfit Studio: Zero out root node, shape and overall skin transform for skinned meshes (not rendered in-game).

These offsets in the BS/OS render happen because it doesn't render individual bone transforms (which could be counterproductive for sculpting anyway) and these armors were never created in a clean way (with zeroed out transforms and correct node positions on them).

I guess I will have to make it a toggle or something because so many armors are unclean in that regard.

To make them appear properly in 4.9 right now you would have to disable skinning, export, import and re-weight them while in the right position.

The BodySlide output will still be correct even in 4.9, just not the preview.

Thanks, Cell

For OS, are vertical alignment issues a thing? doesn't look like it from forum posts.

I opened a body nif (not as reference), then made a slider, imported slider data from obj, set base shape, exported as nif.

It looks good in OS, but in-game, the body is about 10 units lower on Y-axis than it should be. head, feet, hands are correct.

Is there an obvious thing that I didn't observe?

14 hours ago, timstertimster said:

For OS, are vertical alignment issues a thing? doesn't look like it from forum posts.

I opened a body nif (not as reference), then made a slider, imported slider data from obj, set base shape, exported as nif.

It looks good in OS, but in-game, the body is about 10 units lower on Y-axis than it should be. head, feet, hands are correct.

Is there an obvious thing that I didn't observe?

Get 4.9.1 of OS and try using "Edit -> Reset Transforms". Then align the mesh again if needed.

8 hours ago, ousnius said:

Get 4.9.1 of OS and try using "Edit -> Reset Transforms". Then align the mesh again if needed.

Ok, got 4.9.1 and imported a completely vanilla body, but the body still imports with incorrect alignment. When doing "edit - reset transforms" it briefly (for a split second) aligns the body, but immediately goes back to the original position. I am running the executable inside MO2's virtual directory system.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.2f2a5bda1cdf9a583bc88c14767521b1.JPG

I kept playing with it, and it appears that the menu function doesn't do anything. But if I do Object - move - CBBE to Vanilla button, it correctly aligns things again.

Hopefully not the wrong thread to post in:

Trying to use Outfit Studio as a bridge to model facegeom nif files in blender, and to do nif mashups. This works fine for statics and bodies, but with faces I keep running into issues.

If I change any mesh from the head nif, I get blackface. So I go into CK, edit the actor form and save esp in order to get new nif and dds files- however - the changes don't show in game anymore.

So either I get the mesh edits but with wrong facetint, or I get no changes at all.

1: Tudna esetleg valaki csinálni ehhez a sorozathoz CBBE rendszert csúszkával? Az enyém a használhatatlan szint alatt van. ?

Could someone make a CBBE system for this series with a slider? Mine is below the useless level...?

Thank's you...

20190818212012_1.jpg.b14bb6ec0dcf92a2bf2

2: Ha valaki esetleg megosztaná, hogyan érhetem el ezt az öltözéket ... megköszönném. A konzol parancsokban nem találtam... gondoltam valamelyik DD csomagból... de semmi. ?

If anyone could share how I can get this outfit ... I'd appreciate it. I couldn't find it in the console commands ... I thought of one of the DD packages ... but nothing. ?

Spoiler

0000234.JPG.813c165466edd6781b9b0ec1d88fb74a.JPG

14 hours ago, Greethings said:

Tudna esetleg valaki csinálni ehhez a sorozathoz CBBE rendszert csúszkával? Az enyém a használhatatlan szint alatt van. ?

Could someone make a CBBE system for this series with a slider? Mine is below the useless level...?

Thank's you...

20190818212012_1.jpg.b14bb6ec0dcf92a2bf2

Ha valaki esetleg megosztaná, hogyan érhetem el ezt az öltözéket ... megköszönném. A konzol parancsokban nem találtam... gondoltam valamelyik DD csomagból... de semmi. ?

If anyone could share how I can get this outfit ... I'd appreciate it. I couldn't find it in the console commands ... I thought of one of the DD packages ... but nothing. ?

Hide contents

0000234.JPG.813c165466edd6781b9b0ec1d88fb74a.JPG

additem menu??

• 2 weeks later...

That's an impressive description.

Looks like I'm not cut out for this.... it's complicated.  The moving suit is hard on the body is terrible [water balloon breasts]... brrr.. there are no switches... the body is hard, the suit runs around...  :bawling:  the body is hard on the dress ...  :cold_sweat:

But it's a good game... I had some fun with him.

All the same...

Spoiler

TESV.jpg.06fcf0c0e15eb042436510457aba7873.jpg

Lenyűgöző leírás!

Úgy tűnik, nem nekem találták ki.... bonyolult! A mozgó ruha kemény a test szörnyű [vizes lufi mellek]... brrr.. nincsenek kapcsolók... a test kemény a ruha körbefut... Bizonyára túl hülye vagyok a dologhoz... :persevere: A programozáshoz semmi érzékem nincs.

De jó játék... szórakoztam vele kicsit. 

Mindegy... egy csomó dolgot letöröltem. Majd hasznosítom azt, ami dolgozik.

2 hours ago, johntrine said:

so someone help me. i am trying to use the outfit studio (though MO2) to fix clipping issue, but whenever i use increase mesh volume and save the changes and check, the result is inversed/opposite, ie, the mesh volume is decreased instead and the clipping has increased. help?

So, when you're saving are you replacing the nif? It decreases more? Can you post a picture from OS? You can Alt+C and paste the image.

3 hours ago, RedMonika said:

Are you replacing the old nif or just fixing it and then reloading? Pictures help but how you're doing it does

fixing it and then pressing the ctrl+s to save project.

3 hours ago, RedMonika said:

and there's no reason to be snooty. I was trying to help

huh? did it sound like that? i didnt mean it like that. i was asking cos i used an armor that showed the change much less visible (only a small clipping). i asked so if that didnt help then i would use some other armor with more visible change. sorry about that. XD

10 hours ago, johntrine said:

fixing it and then pressing the ctrl+s to save project.

huh? did it sound like that? i didnt mean it like that. i was asking cos i used an armor that showed the change much less visible (only a small clipping). i asked so if that didnt help then i would use some other armor with more visible change. sorry about that. XD

No, worries... I think I was grumpy too and misread it.

Right, just saving it won't work. You need to file > nif > export nif and replace the old one. Try that.

41 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

No, worries... I think I was grumpy too and misread it.

Right, just saving it won't work. You need to file > nif > export nif and replace the old one. Try that.

uhh... i tried that and it seems to save the preset with the nif so for example, i used a preset with 50 points in breast and save it after fixing it and check in bodyslide studio, it shows breasts with 50 even at 0... that seems to make it worse. good thing i made the backup of the nif before editing.

also, why doesnt save project work? i remember it working before. dont know why its now doing the opposite.

4 hours ago, johntrine said:

uhh... i tried that and it seems to save the preset with the nif so for example, i used a preset with 50 points in breast and save it after fixing it and check in bodyslide studio, it shows breasts with 50 even at 0... that seems to make it worse. good thing i made the backup of the nif before editing.

also, why doesnt save project work? i remember it working before. dont know why its now doing the opposite.

You need to make a 0 nif and 1 nif. If you only have one nif you'll only have that one size equipping. So, if you only have the armor built to a preset that is 50 in the breasts and only one nif that's what you're going to have in game. Remember, armor, etc. have their own "body." You're "equipping" not only the armor but the body as well. Sometimes - rare but it happens - an armor will only have one nif; usually the 1.nif. This becomes a slight hassle as you'll need to create the 0.nif and change a record in the esp. If you only have one nif and change the weight in game the body won't change but you'll get neck and hand seems. That's from my experience. 

A "project" as I understand is when you're converting armor to a body like UNP to CBBE. 

I have a tutorial below on how to make mashups but it might help.

7 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

You need to make a 0 nif and 1 nif. If you only have one nif you'll only have that one size equipping. So, if you only have the armor built to a preset that is 50 in the breasts and only one nif that's what you're going to have in game. Remember, armor, etc. have their own "body." You're "equipping" not only the armor but the body as well. Sometimes - rare but it happens - an armor will only have one nif; usually the 1.nif. This becomes a slight hassle as you'll need to create the 0.nif and change a record in the esp. If you only have one nif and change the weight in game the body won't change but you'll get neck and hand seems. That's from my experience. 

A "project" as I understand is when you're converting armor to a body like UNP to CBBE. 

I have a tutorial on how to make mashups but it might help.

so. might be very very dumb question but regarding the "overwrite the .nif file"... i was suppose to overwrite the one that bodyslide generated and NOT the one in the mod folder... right? cause... i might have tried that instead... XD

also, checked the generated bodyslide file and the .nif does have a _0 and _1 versions. i will go through your tutorial and see if i can fix this.