16 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

You're setup is much more stable than mine and looks closer to the original shape. I'm trying to figure out how now I'm able to get it back to the original looking area where it can move, but still look like the skirt from the original armor in nifskope. Do you have any parameter settings you recommend?

The biggest problem I'm running into now is the skirt just floats back into place. I'm using your XML setup now. I apologize again for what I said earlier. Your setup falls back into place. Thanks to you. I now know where the proper bone setup is for HDT SMP where I didn't before. 

Update:

I've also gotten a decent parameter setup for the skirt where it works properly. Looks like the skirt is working just fine. It's a bit slow when it comes to falling down, but it falls right into place. 

I think I'm confident enough to allow this version of the XML file to be released. If anyone can make it better please take a crack at it. I'm using wolfbread's  parameters for the bones and setup. He did a wonderful job. I can't do better than that. I'll be working on my next project after this. I've reached out to the author of Resplendent armor and am waiting for a reply. Crossing fingers I'll be able to port this armor over for everyone to use for Skyrim SE. Thank you so much everyone for all your help. @DarkFireTim, @Vyxenne @wolfbread@ousnius @SunJeong @BrysonPlays2020 Thank you so much for all your help everyone. =D

ResplendentSkirt.xml

I was fooling around with this armor from the Chinese website here, i translated the items to English inside the ESP. The skirt kinda looks the same as that armor but with good parameters in the XML have look at it, if it uses the same setup of bones maybe you can mirror the values. 

Items names starts with AVL 

AnotherVampireLeatherArmor.zip

Edit: i didn't notice it already exist on SSE nexus not sure if it's the same packages :smiley: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15196?tab=description

I've actually been testing out Slashz new mod. It's working pretty well. I'm definitely getting collisions. @Tooneyman23 Recently a mod has been dropped on Oldrim called, "HPM-High Poly Male Meshes - Vanilla and SOS Compatible." I saw a comment you made about creating a bodyslide setup for it. Is that correct, mate?

I can setup the collisions for you in the SOS version if you'd like. I was reading on the reddit thread there are both SOS and SAM setups for the here on LL. 

18 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

You're setup is much more stable than mine and looks closer to the original shape. I'm trying to figure out how now I'm able to get it back to the original looking area where it can move, but still look like the skirt from the original armor in nifskope. Do you have any parameter settings you recommend?

The biggest problem I'm running into now is the skirt just floats back into place. I'm using your XML setup now. I apologize again for what I said earlier. Your setup falls back into place. Thanks to you. I now know where the proper bone setup is for HDT SMP where I didn't before. 

Update:

I've also gotten a decent parameter setup for the skirt where it works properly. Looks like the skirt is working just fine. It's a bit slow when it comes to falling down, but it falls right into place. 

I think I'm confident enough to allow this version of the XML file to be released. If anyone can make it better please take a crack at it. I'm using wolfbread's  parameters for the bones and setup. He did a wonderful job. I can't do better than that. I'll be working on my next project after this. I've reached out to the author of Resplendent armor and am waiting for a reply. Crossing fingers I'll be able to port this armor over for everyone to use for Skyrim SE. Thank you so much everyone for all your help. @DarkFireTim, @Vyxenne @wolfbread@ousnius @SunJeong @BrysonPlays2020 Thank you so much for all your help everyone. =D

ResplendentSkirt.xml

Oh gosh, I don't know what kind of look you're going for.  Here is what I had after trying to figure out why my setup wasn't working.

<bone-default>
    <mass>0.3</mass>
    <inertia x="10" y="10" z="10"/>
    <centerOfMassTransform>
      <basis x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1"/>
      <origin x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
    </centerOfMassTransform>
    <linearDamping>0.5</linearDamping>
    <angularDamping>0.8</angularDamping>
    <friction>0.1</friction>
    <rollingFriction>0</rollingFriction>
    <restitution>0.65</restitution>
  </bone-default>

After that, linear and angular stiffness in <generic-constraint-default> will probably give you the next biggest changes.

2 hours ago, DykkenTomb said:

I've actually been testing out Slashz new mod. It's working pretty well. I'm definitely getting collisions. @Tooneyman23 Recently a mod has been dropped on Oldrim called, "HPM-High Poly Male Meshes - Vanilla and SOS Compatible." I saw a comment you made about creating a bodyslide setup for it. Is that correct, mate?

I can setup the collisions for you in the SOS version if you'd like. I was reading on the reddit thread there are both SOS and SAM setups for the here on LL. 

@DykkenTomb I haven't had time to really look at the bodyslide setup yet. Do you know how to make bodyslide sliders at all? Since I really don't have a lot of to create a bodyslide setup at the moment, but do have plans for it in the future.  I've got my hands full with Hdt-SMP conversions for Cloaks and horse meshes at the moment. Maybe sometime next in the next week or two. I'll look into setting up the bodyslide for Males for Skyrim SE, but right now I'm kind of booked. 

50 minutes ago, wolfbread said:

Oh gosh, I don't know what kind of look you're going for.  Here is what I had after trying to figure out why my setup wasn't working.

<bone-default>
    <mass>0.3</mass>
    <inertia x="10" y="10" z="10"/>
    <centerOfMassTransform>
      <basis x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1"/>
      <origin x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
    </centerOfMassTransform>
    <linearDamping>0.5</linearDamping>
    <angularDamping>0.8</angularDamping>
    <friction>0.1</friction>
    <rollingFriction>0</rollingFriction>
    <restitution>0.65</restitution>
  </bone-default>

After that, linear and angular stiffness in <generic-constraint-default> will probably give you the next biggest changes.

@wolfbread this is fantastic. I'll definitely look into this setup and see what results I can get. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Slashz said:

I was fooling around with this armor from the Chinese website here, i translated the items to English inside the ESP. The skirt kinda looks the same as that armor but with good parameters in the XML have look at it, if it uses the same setup of bones maybe you can mirror the values. 

Edit: i didn't notice it already exist on SSE nexus not sure if it's the same packages :smiley: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15196?tab=description

@Slashz Oh, this is wonderful. I'll definitely look into the parameters to see if they can give me the desired effect for a more flow and smooth looking setup for the skirt thank you. 

10 hours ago, Slashz said:

This is awesome, very natural skirt and capelet movement, but I'm not getting leg/foot collision with the skirt so as I walk my legs and feet just clip right through the back of the skirt. Also, I have no breast or butt physics. So I built the outfit in Bodyslide and got Breast and Butt physics but no more cloth physics! WT actual F? :classic_confused: I noticed that no breast, butt or belly bones are declared anywhere in the xml so I added them to the <bone..../> declarations but it didn't give me BBBP. :cry:

Anyway thanks for sharing this, it's the first, one and only cloth physics outfit I've been able to get in my game even if it isn't perfect yet. I'll keep fiddling with it until I stumble onto a solution for the missing BBBP.

Here are my original and modified xml (that did NOT get me BBBP even after adding the bones):

Body - Orig SMP-OK-NoBBP.xml

Body-AddedBBP-LostSMP.xml

Alright we nailed the settings. I'm pretty happy with this xml file. Wow, it's so realistic looking. We no longer have the floating. It looks realistic when it falls down or when you jump or swing your weapon. I'm amazing how well that worked. Thank you @Slashz and @wolfbread. I took a bit of everyone's setup and added a few changes myself and it looks great. Wow, such an amazing skirt. It clips through the legs, but I don't give two shits. It really is a nice skirt. The armor plays beautifully. Here is the XML file if anyone would like to fiddle around with it. I think I've pretty much got what I've wanted. I'm just waiting on the author sarcasticshark's permission to upload it to Skyrim SE nexus. If not I'll give him everything he needs to port setup over himself for his own nexus page. It works like a charm. ResplendentSkirt.xml

7 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

This is awesome, very natural skirt and capelet movement, but I'm not getting leg/foot collision with the skirt so as I walk my legs and feet just clip right through the back of the skirt. Also, I have no breast or butt physics. So I built the outfit in Bodyslide and got Breast and Butt physics but no more cloth physics! WT actual F? :classic_confused: I noticed that no breast, butt or belly bones are declared anywhere in the xml so I added them to the <bone..../> declarations but it didn't give me BBBP. :cry:

Anyway thanks for sharing this, it's the first, one and only cloth physics outfit I've been able to get in my game even if it isn't perfect yet. I'll keep fiddling with it until I stumble onto a solution for the missing BBBP.

Here are my original and modified xml (that did NOT get me BBBP even after adding the bones):

Body - Orig SMP-OK-NoBBP.xml

Body-AddedBBP-LostSMP.xml

Ahh yea this was only the mod files i didn't add anything to it just translated the files from chinese package. I was just looking at it yesterday trying to understand how cloth physics work, and saw Tonneyman23 were trying to sort out the skirt movements, so i posted it here for him :smile: 

3 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

Alright we nailed the settings. I'm pretty happy with this xml file. Wow, it's so realistic looking. We no longer have the floating. It looks realistic when it falls down or when you jump or swing your weapon. I'm amazing how well that worked. Thank you @Slashz and @wolfbread. I took a bit of everyone's setup and added a few changes myself and it looks great. Wow, such an amazing skirt. It clips through the legs, but I don't give two shits. It really is a nice skirt. The armor plays beautifully. Here is the XML file if anyone would like to fiddle around with it. I think I've pretty much got what I've wanted. I'm just waiting on the author sarcasticshark's permission to upload it to Skyrim SE nexus. If not I'll give him everything he needs to port setup over himself for his own nexus page. It works like a charm. ResplendentSkirt.xml

Awesome work! glad that helped.

Hey guys, I played with this (Resplendent Armor) a bit and was able to get collisions with legs to be pretty decent. See gif: https://gfycat.com/UnluckySoulfulBoutu

I started with cuirassF.nif set up for HDT-SMP (adding the NiStringExtraData and linking to the xml file). Then I used Tooneyman's latest xml.

I added this bit to the xml:

<per-triangle-shape name="belt and legs">
        <margin>0.5</margin>
        <penetration>0.5</penetration>
        <tag>legs</tag>
        <no-collide-with-tag>boots</no-collide-with-tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

I replaced the <per-vertex-shape name="Low_Skirt:1"> node with the following:

<per-triangle-shape name="HDT skirt">
     <margin>0.1</margin>
     <penetration>0</penetration>
    <tag>skirt</tag>
  </per-triangle-shape>

Then I also opened boots.nif, set it up for HDT-SMP pointing to a separate xml called ResplendentBoots.xml, and added this to it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<system xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="description.xsd">
    <per-triangle-shape name="Boots">
        <margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>boots</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>
</system>

... and BAM, skirt with great physics AND collision with boots.

This still doesn't have collision with ground, though I think that's just because the nif lacks a virtual ground.

-----

Some things I've learned:

• <per-triangle-shape> works a lot better than <per-vertex-shape>, though I think it takes up more performance based on what I've read. I didn't notice any fps drops in my game though (and this is right in the middle of JK's Whiterun... SE performance is amazing).
  • Seems like one important key to get the skirt pieces to not "get stuck between the legs" is to set the skirt's margin way down to 0.1, the parameters for the leg parts don't seem to matter as much (I varied them in different combinations from 0.1 to 1 and it all worked fairly well)
  • So far, it seems like the way HDT-SMP works is for each "thing" to define its own physics and tags, and then rely on the system to interact everything together. For my setup, the resplendent skirt and resplendent boots are both physics-declared, so they will collide with each other. However, they won't collide with anything else, so if I replace the boots with some other boot, the mesh will go right through. Enabling physics for the legs help with this, but not to 100% effect.
  • At the same time, each "thing" must define tags that can be referred to by other "things" to not collide to save performance. So if armor A is used together with armor B and both are physics-enabled, they would need to know each other's tags in order to interact well together. I wonder if this means there should be some kind of standards established for what kind of armor pieces should be tagged with what.

Anyway, fun stuff!

18 hours ago, dduserab said:

Hey guys, I played with this (Resplendent Armor) a bit and was able to get collisions with legs to be pretty decent. See gif: https://gfycat.com/UnluckySoulfulBoutu

I started with cuirassF.nif set up for HDT-SMP (adding the NiStringExtraData and linking to the xml file). Then I used Tooneyman's latest xml.

<margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>legs</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

<margin>0.1</margin>
    <tag>skirt</tag>
  </per-triangle-shape>

Then I also opened boots.nif, set it up for HDT-SMP pointing to a separate xml called ResplendentBoots.xml, and added this to it:

<system xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="description.xsd">
        <margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>boots</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>
</system>

This still doesn't have collision with ground, though I think that's just because the nif lacks a virtual ground.

-----

• <per-triangle-shape> works a lot better than <per-vertex-shape>, though I think it takes up more performance based on what I've read. I didn't notice any fps drops in my game though (and this is right in the middle of JK's Whiterun... SE performance is amazing).
  • Seems like one important key to get the skirt pieces to not "get stuck between the legs" is to set the skirt's margin way down to 0.1, the parameters for the leg parts don't seem to matter as much (I varied them in different combinations from 0.1 to 1 and it all worked fairly well)
  • So far, it seems like the way HDT-SMP works is for each "thing" to define its own physics and tags, and then rely on the system to interact everything together. For my setup, the resplendent skirt and resplendent boots are both physics-declared, so they will collide with each other. However, they won't collide with anything else, so if I replace the boots with some other boot, the mesh will go right through. Enabling physics for the legs help with this, but not to 100% effect.
  • At the same time, each "thing" must define tags that can be referred to by other "things" to not collide to save performance. So if armor A is used together with armor B and both are physics-enabled, they would need to know each other's tags in order to interact well together. I wonder if this means there should be some kind of standards established for what kind of armor pieces should be tagged with what.

Anyway, fun stuff!

That's fantastic how you were able to do that. I'm wondering if you can use the physics set with boots and use bodyslide to create a gigantic batch build for other armors like vanilla or immersive. Hmmmm... The key note here is you can write the XML file to recognize the two armors pieces and later use the bodyslide batch build to create the extra bottoms for ingame conversion which would make the whole process easier. Depending on what outfits and physics are being used. Think of it like UUNP Special hands or feet. They've got their own physics in a way with HDT PE. 

HDT-SMP will definitely need to utilize bodyslide to help make armors collide with one another. The key will be making sure the tag is for boots and the body depending on the armor piece and how they are set in nifskope. 

I forgot to ask. Please share your new XML file with us please.. I would like to look it over and see what you did. I want to see if there are any tweaks I can do to add to it. 

16 hours ago, dduserab said:
Spoiler

<margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>legs</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

<margin>0.1</margin>
    <tag>skirt</tag>
  </per-triangle-shape>

<margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>boots</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>
</system>

-----

Anyway, fun stuff!

Was just wondering did you edit the nif so the shape names matched your xml edits?

Does anyone have an example on how I would add a virtual ground to an XMl file. I tried doing it before, but... HDT-SMP didn't recognized it as a shape.

Speaking of virtual ground. I'm wondering if it can be added to Groovtama's skeleton and just write the collision for it in every XML being created for collisions. This way saving the community time having to worry about it if their using HDT-SMP. 

@dduserab Weird how you were able to add the Havok pathway to the Boots mesh with the new ResplendentBoots.xml.. I've just copied and pasted the havok pathway from the armor into the boots and I've renamed and replaced the xml with the boots one. The minute I add boots. The game CTD. 

When I change the mesh and add the HDT-SMP pathway to the boots. It says it sanitizes like 15 nodes and anytime I add the boots to the character it immediately crashes down. 

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ls-MwDwDqnLsqwqXZA2TC4MocliLQtk9/view?usp=sharing

I completed what @rosent released - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68731-hdt-smp-for-sse/?do=findComment&comment=2221111

The package includes SMP for everything but the Dragonpriest capes which weren't in the Illustrious Cloaks of Skyrim HDT anyway. It also includes patched plugin files to fix the double-spawned cloaks. Requires the original Cloaks of Skyrim SSE.

Provided as-is, no support. I take no credit for the XML or implementation, that was all rosent and I just extended it as a template.
I leave it to him to "officially" upload it to a page.

Alt. Download

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP.7z

28 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

@Tooneyman23

If you need a virtual ground I posted one in on page 39 post #964. You can import it into any project you can load into Outfit Studio, saves you a bunch of time. Just make sure to add the virtual ground shape data to the xml for whatever you add it to.

That's what I'm asking. What does it look like code wise? I've already done that part of adding the virtual mesh to the armor. I've tried adding it to the XML file, but HDT-SMP won't read it. 

2 hours ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ls-MwDwDqnLsqwqXZA2TC4MocliLQtk9/view?usp=sharing

I completed what @rosent released - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68731-hdt-smp-for-sse/?do=findComment&comment=2221111

The package includes SMP for everything but the Dragonpriest capes which weren't in the Illustrious Cloaks of Skyrim HDT anyway. It also includes patched plugin files to fix the double-spawned cloaks. Requires the original Cloaks of Skyrim SSE.

Provided as-is, no support. I take no credit for the XML or implementation, that was all rosent and I just extended it as a template.
I leave it to him to "officially" upload it to a page.

Alt. Download

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP.7z

Thank you for doing this. I'll be looking over this later this week. I'm going to try something different if I can. I don't believe we need to keep adding the virtual ground to each mesh. I think @dduserab may have figured something out which we can use, but I need to know what they did first before I can proceed with the boots for Resplendent armor. I've been trying to do what they did in the gif, but my console keeps crashing. I went into the boot nifs and added an NistringExtraData for HDT-SMP. However, it altered Ninodes and in doing so it made the boots crash like crazy. 

1 hour ago, Tooneyman23 said:

Thank you for doing this. I'll be looking over this later this week. I'm going to try something different if I can. I don't believe we need to keep adding the virtual ground to each mesh. I think @dduserab may have figured something out which we can use, but I need to know what they did first before I can proceed with the boots for Resplendent armor. I've been trying to do what they did in the gif, but my console keeps crashing. I went into the boot nifs and added an NistringExtraData for HDT-SMP. However, it altered Ninodes and in doing so it made the boots crash like crazy. 

When i picked up 2B armor form the chinese website it had virtual ground too and this is the XML file that included in it, still haven't finished with the rest of it files to put it in my thread as extras but have a look at the XML maybe it will help

i tried to figure it out but i got no clue what it does :smiley: however the dress work great 

Spoiler

SkyrimSE_2018_05_12_21_41_40_242.thumb.png.fd7f868ae54bd6b1bddc439535cd3af9.png

yorhaDressSMP.xml

Also the nif if you want to look at Yorha Dress.nif

Wish I could do more, the mod needs a crunch-down of meshes to use texture sets to reduce all the mesh copies, proper UV's, and proper textures. I can probably do the first one :tongue:

I've been trying everything I can to get this stupid virtual ground to be recognized by HDTphysics log and it keeps telling me it's not there. Here is what I did. 

I added the log to the resplendent armor nif. 

image.thumb.png.fc16b48e6d33ca916cfb22c1d6626f3f.png

I took the XML @Slashz gave me. I'm noticing I have to create a virtual ground and attach the skirtbones to it. Much like how you attached the armor bones to your virtualground bones @DarkFireTim

My guess I have to add it from scratch. Does anyone know the process in nifskope on how to add a virtualground? I have no idea where to start. I was copying and pasting the one DarkFireTim gave me, but it's not working. 

20 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

That's fantastic how you were able to do that. I'm wondering if you can use the physics set with boots and use bodyslide to create a gigantic batch build for other armors like vanilla or immersive. Hmmmm... The key note here is you can write the XML file to recognize the two armors pieces and later use the bodyslide batch build to create the extra bottoms for ingame conversion which would make the whole process easier. Depending on what outfits and physics are being used. Think of it like UUNP Special hands or feet. They've got their own physics in a way with HDT PE. 

HDT-SMP will definitely need to utilize bodyslide to help make armors collide with one another. The key will be making sure the tag is for boots and the body depending on the armor piece and how they are set in nifskope. 

I forgot to ask. Please share your new XML file with us please.. I would like to look it over and see what you did. I want to see if there are any tweaks I can do to add to it. 

Attached the xml files I had to this post. The key parts are the <per-triangle-shape> tags.

12 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

Was just wondering did you edit the nif so the shape names matched your xml edits?

Oh I see the confusion. I realized I left out an important piece of information. The nifs I got were actually from this mod (I forgot it had mesh fixes in addition to just retexture). Upon a closer look yes, indeed some node names are different from the original.

10 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

@dduserab Weird how you were able to add the Havok pathway to the Boots mesh with the new ResplendentBoots.xml.. I've just copied and pasted the havok pathway from the armor into the boots and I've renamed and replaced the xml with the boots one. The minute I add boots. The game CTD. 

When I change the mesh and add the HDT-SMP pathway to the boots. It says it sanitizes like 15 nodes and anytime I add the boots to the character it immediately crashes down. 

Try the nifs from this mod. Turned out those were the nifs I was using and I didn't even realize.

Other than that, I'm fairly certain all I did was copy the NiStringExtraData from cuirassF.nif and paste it into boots.nif. Make sure to paste it onto the right node so it ends up in the right place in the hierarchy (top level under the scene root). This is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/YlJjYAk.png. Double-check both the name and the path to make sure you didn't make any spelling errors. The name should say "HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object", and the data should point to (in my case) "SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\ResplendentBoots.xml". Then, make sure ResplendentBoots.xml exists at that location and has the correct content.

ResplendentSkirtF.xml

ResplendentBoots.xml

Tried the virtual ground today and got it working: https://gfycat.com/LightUnlinedGemsbuck

Problem though - the collision with the ground is shaky and it doesn't look like tweaking "margin" and "penetration" for the virtual ground is enough to fix it. Looks like next step is to learn the other HDT-SMP parameters.

I've been trying everything I can to get this stupid virtual ground to be recognized by HDTphysics log and it keeps telling me it's not there. Here is what I did. 

I added the log to the resplendent armor nif. 

image.thumb.png.fc16b48e6d33ca916cfb22c1d6626f3f.png

I took the XML @Slashz gave me. I'm noticing I have to create a virtual ground and attach the skirtbones to it. Much like how you attached the armor bones to your virtualground bones @DarkFireTim

My guess I have to add it from scratch. Does anyone know the process in nifskope on how to add a virtualground? I have no idea where to start. I was copying and pasting the one DarkFireTim gave me, but it's not working. 

Hey Tooneyman, if you want to know what I did, these are my steps.:

1. Open the virtual ground nif DarkFireTim nicely posted here

2. Open cuirassF.nif

3. View -> Block List -> Show Block In Tree if that's not already the view mode (for both nifs)

4. In VirtualGroundTemplate.nif, expand "0 NiNode" with name "Scene Root" and find "71 BSTriShape" with name "VirtualGround". Right click on it and "Block" -> "Copy Branch"

5. In cuirassF.nif, expand "0 NiNode" so you can see the contents underneath. Right click "0 NiNode" with name "Scene Root" and "Block" -> "Paste Branch".

- You should now see the pasted "BsTriShape" named "VirtualGround" underneath "0 NiNode" with name "Scene Root".

- You should be able to select the VirtualGround node and see it in the viewer

- If you expand BSTriShape, there should be a NiSkinInstance with members that link to "0 NiNode (Scene Root)" and "49 NiNode (NPC Root)".

6. At this point the nif should be ready, save it.

7. Now go to the xml the nif is linked to (in my case, "SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\ResplendentSkirtF.xml"). Edit the xml.

8. Add the following to enable the virtual ground mesh for collision:

<per-triangle-shape name="VirtualGround">
      <margin>0</margin>
      <penetration>10</penetration>
      <tag>virtual_ground</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

- note I told it to not collide with the boots which is also enabled for collision (in boots.nif and ResplendentBoots.xml I posted/mentioned earlier)

9. I also changed my "belt and legs" collision parameters to not collide with virtual ground (just to be safe):

<margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>legs</tag>
        <no-collide-with-tag>virtual_ground</no-collide-with-tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

Attached the updated ResplendentSkirtF.xml

ResplendentSkirtF.xml

I looked at the HDT-SMP cape mod and realized the nif can come with an invisible body. So I copied the body mesh into my cuirassF.nif and set up xml for it, and it works. Now I have collision with legs without the need for collision-enabled boots. https://gfycat.com/GraySandyFanworms

nifskope picture: https://i.imgur.com/bk8aBIL.png

<per-triangle-shape name="BaseShapeB">
      <margin>0.5</margin>
      <tag>body2</tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

I guess this is a better approach where collision setup can be self-contained with the armor.

@dduserab Alright.. From what I've learned from your body. There is definitely something you did, but I couldn't do. I tested out your XML parameters and I have to change the virtual ground setup to look like this instead of what you did. 

<margin>0.5</margin>
        <tag>legs</tag>
        <no-collide-with-tag>VirtualGround</no-collide-with-tag>
    </per-triangle-shape>

Now here is what I don't understand... 

Here is your boots 

image.thumb.png.15a6458e67ba06cc9659c2fabb29516f.png

If you look at the bones. They only have one BSTriShape... Mine on the other the other hand have two..

image.thumb.png.e8a9f99de08306a2733b2c76c5e33393.png

The minute I equip my boots for my character.. I get a crash.. When I equip your boots. I can use everything fine. 

Now I added the pathway to the xml file for the resplendent boots for the nif and it gave me this message. 

image.thumb.png.bcdd621c9a994bfeb40bbf99e7891358.png

I put the boots into the body and when I add them to the game. They immediately CTD and it's frustrating as hell. What did you dooooooooooo?... XD

As you can see in the boots above. I replaced them immdiately and they crash. I use the nifs you gave me. The physics work. Did you do something to make sure and enable the physics in nifskope? 

However, you and I definitely have different boots. The ones you have are a different texture set than the ones I was using and trying to convert. 

Funny how the Virtual ground works on my game now with the skirt, but.. HDTPhysics Log keeps messing up too. 

[Tue May 15 05:20:37 2018]WARNING: SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\ResplendentSkirt.xml(23,2):belt and legs is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped