3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Just a quick response to let you know that it is possible to get UUNP body physics working with the SMP physics engine alone, no CBPC required. In fact, I did it last night as a test to see if my improved xml's would allow me to run SMP-only without catastropphic freezes, slideshows and other anomalies. It worked fine for the first 5-6 minutes,, but then I got the dreaded boobs-to-infinity-at-5-fps bug and had to bail, so I re-enabled CBPC, disabled SMP body physics again and partied on.

NOTE: If you're running game version 1.5.97 and Aers' latest bug-fixed, improved SMP files from the Nexus, you should have better luck than I did- I'm still using game v1.5.62 so I can't use Aers' stuff yet.

I'm interested in trying to get it to work SMP only. I think xml may be my issues currently.

Edit: I have it working now thanks to some files from kokan... not sure how it works tho.

10 minutes ago, Yahron said:

So correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're simply using the CBBE Special body and not using 3BBB fantasy in this video, so why include 3BBB fantasy in the batch build at all? 

that's right, I do not know what to tell you? i include that you would have 3BBB physics if you wanted to ...

8 minutes ago, Kokan said:

that's right, I do not know what to tell you? i include that you would have 3BBB physics if you wanted to ...

My mistake, I missed that last detail. I just thought it seemed a little misleading for those that would want to use 3BBB.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:24 AM, soundreaper said:

Hey Everyone!

I haven't posted on LL in a long time (since like 2015 lol) and I decided to finally post after reading through so many pages of SSE guides and spending the last week or so getting my copy of SSE working with SMP+CBPC physics. If you want SSE working with CBBE, BodySlide, and SMP+CBPC Physics, read onward as I'll explain exactly what I did to get everything working for me.........................

used this guide. some of my NPCs look like this now. i'm sure there's probably some easy idiot fix that i don't know because i am a low-quality modder dude. any advice from anyone?

489830_20191214025239_1.png

Heads up about the "duplicate mesh" bug:

This isn't a SMP bug, this is vanilla game behavior. The mesh is getting duplicated onto multiple nodes of the actor skeleton by the game, and SMP picks up both of them and runs physics. If you are seeing duplicate meshes (hairs and cloaks...), you need to check the ArmorAddon form for the mesh and remove extra flags. We're trying to figure out if this is a bug in the vanilla game or what.

Quick question here: 

I'm as clueless as a kitty at Bodyslide, so I wanted to know wether

there's a guide (or maybe someone could explain) how to use them both CBPC and HDT-SMP at the same time, like CBPC for body and HDT-SMP for the rest( (hair/clothes)?

I'm on latest SE version btw. Thnx

EDIT: NVM found that cool mod called CBBE 3BBE plus HDT-SMP work like a charm and does just what I was looking for! finally got collisions and hdt hair work at the same tim yay !

Just in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, this is aers, name backwards, etc. Been working on figuring out exactly how SMP is working under the hood in search of bugs.

Is it necessary for a mod like Artesian Cloaks to contain a body mesh in its .nif? Is this for collisions? Can it not use the existing player body for collisions?

Also please please please be very careful when including skeletons in your SMP armors. The node names in your tree need to match what XPMSSE has so SMP can properly merge your additional armor bones to the player skeleton. Equipping a cloak from Artesian Cloaks actually causes the actor skeleton to be completely duplicated.

1 hour ago, srea said:

Is it necessary for a mod like Artesian Cloaks to contain a body mesh in its .nif? Is this for collisions?

Yes.  (MaleBody/UUNP/CBBE shapes without textures for collisions)

1 hour ago, srea said:

Can it not use the existing player body for collisions?

People don't usually wear cloak on a naked body. 
Armor and clothes replaced body with meshes, which can be named in any way. (BanditFurArmor1, e.g.)
Cloak XML needs shape name to start collisions (MaleBody/UUNP/CBBE). Name of shape should exists.

1 hour ago, srea said:

Also please please please be very careful when including skeletons in your SMP armors. The node names in your tree need to match what XPMSSE has so SMP can properly merge your additional armor bones to the player skeleton. Equipping a cloak from Artesian Cloaks actually causes the actor skeleton to be completely duplicated.

I dont get the problem, but that's why XPMSE skeleton is unofficial requirement for modmakers and pretty damn official for end users.

11 minutes ago, full_inu said:

Yes.  (MaleBody/UUNP/CBBE shapes without textures for collisions)

People don't usually wear cloak on a naked body. 
Armor and clothes replaced body with meshes, which can be named in any way. (BanditFurArmor1, e.g.)
Cloak XML needs shape name to start collisions (MaleBody/UUNP/CBBE). Name of shape should exists.

I dont get the problem, but that's why XPMSE skeleton is unofficial requirement for modmakers and pretty damn official for end users.

Collision stuff makes sense, IDK why I didn't think of that part.

XPMSSE starts skeleton like "NPC", "NPC Root [Root]", "NPC COM [COM ]", etc. If your SMP armor has a skeleton where any of these nodes end up renamed SMP will copy the skeleton starting from the first renamed node into your actor skeleton

Na7Bqvl.png.fe62dd2af8a56180a6a45f95a074e56a.png

This cloak for example has two skeleton trees, one for the cloak and one for the base shape, and one skeleton tree going "NPC" "NPC:44" etc..

then in-game your actor becomes

NPC

NPC Root [Root]

Rest of XPMSSE skeleton

NPC:44

Rest of skeleton copied from armor mesh

etc

So it's important to make sure you aren't adding extra stuff to your SMP meshes.

The thing is I don't know if this has a negative impact on performance or causes any other issues, it's just something I noticed looking at SMP code.

21 minutes ago, srea said:

XPMSSE starts skeleton like "NPC", "NPC Root [Root]", "NPC COM [COM ]", etc. If your SMP armor has a skeleton where any of these nodes end up renamed SMP will copy the skeleton starting from the first renamed node into your actor skeleton

Both pe and smp physics are fake (maybe cbpc too).

Because they are motion based. If such rename of root node is happens... I think physics on cloth will simply stop working because it will be unaffected by Skyrim regular animations.

21 minutes ago, srea said:

This cloak for example has two skeleton trees, one for the cloak and one for the base shape, and one skeleton tree going "NPC" "NPC:44" etc..

This is simple error. An improper import of skeletons caused duplicates, which were then sanitized on NifSkope "Save file".

This structure is simple wrong.

13 minutes ago, full_inu said:

Both pe and smp physics are fake (maybe cbpc too).

Because they are motion based. If such rename of root node is happens... I think physics on cloth will simply stop working because it will be unaffected by Skyrim regular animations.

This is simple error. An improper import of skeletons caused duplicates, which were then sanitized on NifSkope "Save file".

This structure is simple wrong.

Yeah I know the mesh is wrong. But a lot of "SMP" stuff is like this. That's why I'm trying to figure out if it can cause issues with performance.

SMP doesn't rename the existing actor skeleton, if it did you are correct that would break the game entirely. It renames the merged nodes to remove duplicates. So this "NPC:44" skeleton gets merged in, and there's already an existing "NPC Calf" or whatever node, so it renames the merged one.

If it did no merging at all the extra nodes from your SMP armor won't be attached to the actor skeleton. This causes messed up meshes... in this cloak example it causes the "my cloak becomes a stretched L mesh" 'bug'.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, srea said:

Heads up about the "duplicate mesh" bug:

This isn't a SMP bug, this is vanilla game behavior. The mesh is getting duplicated onto multiple nodes of the actor skeleton by the game, and SMP picks up both of them and runs physics. If you are seeing duplicate meshes (hairs and cloaks...), you need to check the ArmorAddon form for the mesh and remove extra flags. We're trying to figure out if this is a bug in the vanilla game or what.

I read that it can be caused (in some cases) by multiple Biped Slots listed in the Plugin, as you are saying. However, the nif can also cause it- in the KS SMP Wigs, the hair mesh/partition/shape is duplicated in the nif, which causes duplicate "efforts" on the part of SMP... in some situations such as going up and down stairs, you can actually see both ponytails moving around separately.

Also, in the KS SMP Wigs plugin, the AA specifies two Biped Slots: 31 "Hair" and 41 "Long Hair" so (according to the article I read) this also causes duplicative SMP action. I'm sorry that I don't remember where I saw this article but it seemed to be authoritative, and my testing seems to have borne it out.

4 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I read that it can be caused (in some cases) by multiple Biped Slots listed in the Plugin, as you are saying. However, the nif can also cause it- in the KS SMP Wigs, the hair mesh/partition/shape is duplicated in the nif, which causes duplicate "efforts" on the part of SMP... in some situations such as going up and down stairs, you can actually see both ponytails moving around separately.

Also, in the KS SMP Wigs plugin, the AA specifies two Biped Slots: 31 "Hair" and 41 "Long Hair" so (according to the article I read) this also causes duplicative SMP action. I'm sorry that I don't remember where I saw this article but it seemed to be authoritative, and my testing seems to have borne it out.

Well yes if there are two meshes in the mesh file it will be there twice :P The main point is that all of these are caused by the game doing things, not SMP bugs. SMP does not at any point duplicate geometry in its code.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, Vices said:

There seems to be an issue with the official release of HDT 1.5.97, if I compile from the source code or use the version from aers it works fine.

Could you upload the your compiled version from original source code I would like to test something, if you don't mind of course (my vc15 acting up again)