SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

11 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

You could try the manual method if it gets stuck or didn't get updated properly after the Seed Stone ritual.

- in MCM, unckeck the option to manually applu Chaurus Queen objects (ignore the warning)

- apply the Chaurus Queen Vaginal parasite. Check the Chaurus Queen stage increased to 2.

- apply the Chaurus Queen Skin. Check the Chaurus Queen stage increased to 3.

- uncheck the manual option to avoid any temptation later on

- You should be also getting an quest stage update for the next part of the quest at that point.

Doesn't work...
Firstly, there is no changes with body - no parasites or skin added to model. Secondly, even state does not increase. I've returned to save from the start of my walkthrough with my character being on 1 Level, and tried to activate this stuff again. Didn't work. I even reinstalled mod - still everything the same. I don't really know how you can help me... Cuz I can't even guess the roots of the problem.

I finished playing through the Chaurus Queen questline and played around with the end result and figured I would give it a review:

I'll start by saying that this was a very cool concept and I can't help but feel like some inspiration was taken from a certain Chaurus Life thread :) .  Playing as the Chaurus queen is a very unique experience, similar to a necromancer but instead of dragging around corpses or scrounging up what you can, you build a premade army of some of the most powerful monsters in the setting (because poison strongk.)  I had to convert the most recent (Feb 3) build to SE myself which was a fairly simple process, but one of the more interesting problems was with converting the parasites themselves.  While converting the parasite assets to BHUNP for my playthrough I found that some of the base bodies were in UUNP and some were in CBBE (most were CBBE but I know I found some UUNP). I also found that some of the Chaurus Queen assets are single weight assets, but the body itself can scale with weight which can cause some neck seams.  The only body I couldn't convert easily was the initial Chaurus body with the flares, the armor doesn't like BHUNP at all and will clip like crazy, also the hands and feet would never appear at all (before or after the conversion).  The next bug I found (none insect related) was with Danica and the cave beneath the temple, for some reason Danica can never seem to path find INTO the cave, instead pathfinding somewhere else outside of Whiterun (possibly Eldergleam Sanctuary, but I never followed her to find out). She knows what to do once she gets there (via console), some quest scripts seem to run in absence of Danica as well which was a little concerning, but I was ale to console through those sections for the most part.  The last bug I found was with the final battle between the PC and the Chaurus queen, for some reason whenever I tried to initiate the battle the dragon in Blackreach would spawn instead, the dragon would even revive if I tried to trigger the battle multiple times, interestingly the quest still advances when I killed the dragon so I assume it's a placeholder.   

Now, onto the queen herself.  The final Chaurus queen armor was interesting, but I didn't even try to convert the initial form (the one with the bug butt and wings) because I knew bodyslide would HATE that armor.  The other armor was neat, but I ultimately made my own armor out of Falmer Bikini pieces, just a matter of preference I guess, I wanted the PC to be slightly exposed so she could still animate during sex and spawn eggs from her queen state.  For some reason I was never able to get the wings to work, even with all the flying dependencies installed.  With that said, I think the queen is best off without the flying as flying is extremely powerful as is.  To put it in perspective, with flying and an army of Chaurus I was able to wipe out all surface life in Whiterun hold in less than one in game day, the sun didn't even set.  It was quite fun actually, I used poison runes and turned my self into a Chaurus B52 bomber while my minions ate all the giants :D.  I feel minions is a more apt description then children unfortunately, as the "queen" doesn't really birth or grow her own army, while the queen certainly CAN with this mod and EC+, it's just unnecessary.  By the time I finished playing through the quest to become queen I had gathered over three THOUSAND eggs, and since every 5 eggs is 1 bug, that's 600 minions without the supposed queen having to birth a single one.  It's quite easy to just "mooch" off of whatever spawned those other eggs and never do any of the dirty work yourself.  Keep in mind that less than 50 bugs (with a bomber queen in support) were able to easily wipe out multiple giant camps.  So in regards to the eggs and the spawnings, I think the easiest solution would be to decrease the value of an egg, maybe 30 eggs per bug. OR, make the eggs more dependent on the queen, say, make a "Fertilized Egg" or a "My Chaurus Egg" that comes from either having sex as the queen (this mod) or from birthing them through an EC+ event (parasite eggs).  This way the bugs the player spawns feel like they're THEIRS rather then one of the 600 more to come from the eggs they picked up through casual looting.  I will also mention, and I think this is an intentional thing, but it is very hard NOT to play as the queen once the PC becomes the queen.   While the queens body can be unequipped, it will quickly grow back in the form of those annoying flares with no hands or feet, another reason why I decided to cobble together my own Chaurus Queen body, although, I tried to add Tassets to it and for some reason it just wouldn't load :/ .

Edit: Also, for some reason the Chaurus Queen body I made wouldn't scale with bodyslide edits the way it was supposed to.  I think it might have something to do with the NIoverride dependency that is for LE only, but I'm not sure.  I was able to get the other (light armor) version to scale with bodyslide morphs so that the PC would look visually pregnant with eggs (eggnant), but the final queen transformation wouldn't.  I'm also not sure if the queen is supposed to LOOK pregnant with this mod, it says the queen is able to birth her own eggs in the final stage, but I feel like all that is handled by EC+, the only difference in having sex with Chaurus as a stage 5 queen was that I get normal eggs added to my inventory after the scene ends.

Anyways, pretty cool playthrough, just a bit OP and could use a couple tweaks and bugfixes, Thanks! 

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot2.png

3 hours ago, kilroywasalwayshere said:

The next bug I found (none insect related) was with Danica and the cave beneath the temple, for some reason Danica can never seem to path find INTO the cave, instead pathfinding somewhere else outside of Whiterun (possibly Eldergleam Sanctuary, but I never followed her to find out)

That happened to me too. I did a player.moveto and found Danica near the road junction between Hillgrund's Tomb and Fort Amol and the end of the bridge. Immediately lost track of her in the dark due to vampires attacking something.

I also got the long delay in the onscreen message appearing. After the player.moveto I rolled back to the save in the temple and left Whiterun to head for Riften. En route I did Hillgrund's and just after killing Val whatsit I got the message about the saw in the root.

I'm on LE BTW so it's nothing to do with SE.

4 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

@DeepBlueFrog what is this place in blackreach? every time i go by it, it gives me an ominous message about it being feeling wrong or something like that.

20210212213152_1.jpg.952b3780b2849f04ef515352607e07a9.jpg

You will find out at the end of the Chaurus Queen quest, if you decide to become the new Queen.

If you don't want to be the new queen, you can read some back story about it here - https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Parasites:-Lore

6 hours ago, kilroywasalwayshere said:

I finished playing through the Chaurus Queen questline and played around with the end result and figured I would give it a review:

I'll start by saying that this was a very cool concept and I can't help but feel like some inspiration was taken from a certain Chaurus Life thread :) .  Playing as the Chaurus queen is a very unique experience, similar to a necromancer but instead of dragging around corpses or scrounging up what you can, you build a premade army of some of the most powerful monsters in the setting (because poison strongk.)  I had to convert the most recent (Feb 3) build to SE myself which was a fairly simple process, but one of the more interesting problems was with converting the parasites themselves.  While converting the parasite assets to BHUNP for my playthrough I found that some of the base bodies were in UUNP and some were in CBBE (most were CBBE but I know I found some UUNP). I also found that some of the Chaurus Queen assets are single weight assets, but the body itself can scale with weight which can cause some neck seams.  The only body I couldn't convert easily was the initial Chaurus body with the flares, the armor doesn't like BHUNP at all and will clip like crazy, also the hands and feet would never appear at all (before or after the conversion).  The next bug I found (none insect related) was with Danica and the cave beneath the temple, for some reason Danica can never seem to path find INTO the cave, instead pathfinding somewhere else outside of Whiterun (possibly Eldergleam Sanctuary, but I never followed her to find out). She knows what to do once she gets there (via console), some quest scripts seem to run in absence of Danica as well which was a little concerning, but I was ale to console through those sections for the most part.  The last bug I found was with the final battle between the PC and the Chaurus queen, for some reason whenever I tried to initiate the battle the dragon in Blackreach would spawn instead, the dragon would even revive if I tried to trigger the battle multiple times, interestingly the quest still advances when I killed the dragon so I assume it's a placeholder.   

Now, onto the queen herself.  The final Chaurus queen armor was interesting, but I didn't even try to convert the initial form (the one with the bug butt and wings) because I knew bodyslide would HATE that armor.  The other armor was neat, but I ultimately made my own armor out of Falmer Bikini pieces, just a matter of preference I guess, I wanted the PC to be slightly exposed so she could still animate during sex and spawn eggs from her queen state.  For some reason I was never able to get the wings to work, even with all the flying dependencies installed.  With that said, I think the queen is best off without the flying as flying is extremely powerful as is.  To put it in perspective, with flying and an army of Chaurus I was able to wipe out all surface life in Whiterun hold in less than one in game day, the sun didn't even set.  It was quite fun actually, I used poison runes and turned my self into a Chaurus B52 bomber while my minions ate all the giants :D.  I feel minions is a more apt description then children unfortunately, as the "queen" doesn't really birth or grow her own army, while the queen certainly CAN with this mod and EC+, it's just unnecessary.  By the time I finished playing through the quest to become queen I had gathered over three THOUSAND eggs, and since every 5 eggs is 1 bug, that's 600 minions without the supposed queen having to birth a single one.  It's quite easy to just "mooch" off of whatever spawned those other eggs and never do any of the dirty work yourself.  Keep in mind that less than 50 bugs (with a bomber queen in support) were able to easily wipe out multiple giant camps.  So in regards to the eggs and the spawnings, I think the easiest solution would be to decrease the value of an egg, maybe 30 eggs per bug. OR, make the eggs more dependent on the queen, say, make a "Fertilized Egg" or a "My Chaurus Egg" that comes from either having sex as the queen (this mod) or from birthing them through an EC+ event (parasite eggs).  This way the bugs the player spawns feel like they're THEIRS rather then one of the 600 more to come from the eggs they picked up through casual looting.  I will also mention, and I think this is an intentional thing, but it is very hard NOT to play as the queen once the PC becomes the queen.   While the queens body can be unequipped, it will quickly grow back in the form of those annoying flares with no hands or feet, another reason why I decided to cobble together my own Chaurus Queen body, although, I tried to add Tassets to it and for some reason it just wouldn't load :/ .

Edit: Also, for some reason the Chaurus Queen body I made wouldn't scale with bodyslide edits the way it was supposed to.  I think it might have something to do with the NIoverride dependency that is for LE only, but I'm not sure.  I was able to get the other (light armor) version to scale with bodyslide morphs so that the PC would look visually pregnant with eggs (eggnant), but the final queen transformation wouldn't.  I'm also not sure if the queen is supposed to LOOK pregnant with this mod, it says the queen is able to birth her own eggs in the final stage, but I feel like all that is handled by EC+, the only difference in having sex with Chaurus as a stage 5 queen was that I get normal eggs added to my inventory after the scene ends.

Anyways, pretty cool playthrough, just a bit OP and could use a couple tweaks and bugfixes, Thanks! 

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot2.png

Thanks for the review.

About the issue with the dragon in Blackreach. Make sure Parasites is installed after any mod that changes dragons or blackreach.

I disabled the Orb. You should not be able to cast a shout at it to summon the normal dragon anymore.

Spoiler

The dragon should be re-skinned as the Queen.

If it looks like a dragon and not like a giant chaurus, something is interfering with the mod.

10 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

@DeepBlueFrog do you know if anyone has converted the queen armor for bodyslide yet? i don't care if tis unp, unnp, cbbe, hdt. you name the body type. But i really would like to if i do decide to do the quest have the actual armor fit my custom bodies.

I haven't kept track of conversion efforts.

Part of the problem for anyone attempting it is that several of the body meshes I am using are not set to scale. They have the same _0 and _1 nif files.

Just a question does the chaurus queen needs to use armors to continue the quest?

Im thinking if its possible to only have skin changes so i can freely equip armors, so i wanted to know if its possible b4 trying the playthrough (im planning to use the chaurus bikini armor but may change the pieces during playthrough so i had to ask b4 starting, btw thx for your great mod)

1 hour ago, dutamanini said:

Just a question does the chaurus queen needs to use armors to continue the quest?

Im thinking if its possible to only have skin changes so i can freely equip armors, so i wanted to know if its possible b4 trying the playthrough (im planning to use the chaurus bikini armor but may change the pieces during playthrough so i had to ask b4 starting, btw thx for your great mod)

Wearing the Light Armor is necessary to get through a few quest stages (it connects you to the Queen and allows you to speak to her).

Once the queen is dead, the Full Body Heavy armor is equipped automatically to mark the transformation.

After that, you are free to ignore the armor powers and wear what you want.

The flares persist though, and the Skin flares will remove your current armor for the time it is on. That's part of life with a symbiote.

I have plans to tone that down once you are a Queen, but I am currently working on finishing the Milk Farm quest in Stories.

At the very least, I could add an MCM option to make the flare optional after you become queen.

Just now, DeepBlueFrog said:

Wearing the Light Armor is necessary to get through a few quest stages (it connects you to the Queen and allows you to speak to her).

Once the queen is dead, the Full Body Heavy armor is equipped automatically to mark the transformation.

After that, you are free to ignore the armor powers and wear what you want.

The flares persist though, and the Skin flares will remove your current armor for the time it is on. That's part of life with a symbiote.

I have plans to tone that down once you are a Queen, but I am currently working on finishing the Milk Farm quest in Stories.

At the very least, I could add an MCM option to make the flare optional after you become queen.

I see, thank you!

Haven't tried out the latest version yet (still waiting for bodyslide issues/other bugs to get worked out first before I install) but the all the work you've done so far for the chaurus queen looks incredible. I can't wait to test it out on a fresh new playthrough once later on!

I have an idea for a long-term addition to the chaurus queen arc: an alternative version that is a "beast form" like werewolves/vampire lords/PSQ. The idea is that you could still have a human form after becoming queen, but you can shapeshift back and forth into chaurus queen form via a special power. With this, normal combat would be disabled and you'd only have access to spit attacks/magic/spawning chauruses

This would help RP the idea of "luring" NPCs in human form, bringing them to blackreach to become hosts for building your chaurus army, but also enables you to switch to the Queen form whenever you want. The only catch would be the more often you use this form, the more likely you are to become permanently stuck in it (or become something else entirely :P ) 

@kilroywasalwayshere  "I'll start by saying that this was a very cool concept and I can't help but feel like some inspiration was taken from a certain Chaurus Life thread"

Any overlap with A Chaurus Life is purely accidental.

I may have read that thread a while back (I can't remember really), but given the topic, it wouldn't surprise me some aspects are similar between the two mods. 

I would be curious to hear if the two mods can co-exist or complement each other. It is unlikely I will test A Chaurus Life at this stage but it would be good to know if the mods conflict or work well together.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:46 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

The chance of removal increased by 10% for each day since you got it in you.

So if you don't sleep for 3 days, you still get the benefits of 3 days since infection next time you sleep.

Spider penis fell off after 6 days and got successfully replaced by the spider eggs.

The spider eggs got removal by an alchemist also worked flawlessly.

Now I can sleep better knowing it all works as intended =D

Another question:

Does SL Parasite add the PC to the spider faction if infected?

If it does there seems to be an issue with removal of that spider faction (and any other creature related to that, because undead will be friendly too) after the PC is healed. Means the faction never gets removed and needs to me manually removed from the PC.

If SL Parasites doesn't do any of that sort, than I fear it's Estrus+ that might does such things ?

On 2/3/2021 at 4:27 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

And I found this nice armor soon to be added to the Alternative Chaurus Queen armor pieces:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90660?tab=description

image.png

Oh wow, now that's more like the humanoid chaurus I imagine you becoming as the new queen of the chaurus! I think the only parts I'd alter is to make some parts more like chitin plates, like the chest part following the rest of the flow of the armor, to continue the chitinous look (and have no exposed humanoid flesh) and to try making sure the hands and legs continue the insectoid look (adjusted fingers/feet to be more bug-like) to complete it. A truly horrific sight to anyone not of the chaurus (yet).

39 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

couldn't find lastelle anywhere near the giant crystal area so i spawned her in and continued the quest.

I noticed she wanders sometimes back to Morthal.

I suspect it is because she is naked and some other mod sends her back inside for shelter (Campfire maybe.. or Immersive Citizens.. or a mod like that).

I couldn't force her to remain place reliably but I added a workaround.

If you sleep by the crystals, she should teleport back to you.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, UnderdogKeep said:

Doesn't work...
Firstly, there is no changes with body - no parasites or skin added to model. Secondly, even state does not increase. I've returned to save from the start of my walkthrough with my character being on 1 Level, and tried to activate this stuff again. Didn't work. I even reinstalled mod - still everything the same. I don't really know how you can help me... Cuz I can't even guess the roots of the problem.

I have the exact same problem, while the mcm says i am infected with the queen parasites, it isnt put on character nor is the quest updated. Of course getting the items from console/search item also doesnt update the quest, but i remember reading that it wouldnt so yeah, idk what to do either

Did a basic SE port (BSA extractor, Nif Optimizer, zClean for the ESP) but I didn't mess with the scripts. Immediately I noticed that the quest step returning back to lastelle after getting the book from Lami is bugged (no dialogue for lastelle discussing the book), and that returning to the priestess of kynareth after taking the saw in the sanctuary also is missing the  dialogue option to discuss the elder roots so progression is impossible. I'm not sure if it's my own playthrough, or if some scripts need editing porting over to SE, but I'll try a clean playthrough of my SE conversion in a few days.

14 minutes ago, LyonnLL said:

I'm getting a CTD when trying to go near Eldergleam Sanctuary and I can't figure out why? Any help would be awesome

If you are using the SE conversion it could be a faulty mesh or texture. If that is the case, you should report it on the SE conversion thread.

4 hours ago, BadBear69! said:

bump?

A few tips:

- if you are using SE, make sure you are using the files from my SE conversion thread and not the files from the main download page

- try installing and running TES5edit. It will tell you which mod dependency you are missing if you are missing anything.

Does anyone else get an error where Danica refuses to go into the Sanctuary and complete the seed stone ritual?

I've gotten the scene to succeed, and when it does the mod works brilliantly.

However, I seem to get into "save loops" where no matter what I do to try and get Danica to walk into the sanctuary (tai, disable-evp-enable, pushactoraway 10), she remains stuck.

the only solution I found is to go back to when I started the quest, and redo it.

EDIT: As another note, when the scene fails, a pile of grilled leeks seems to appear at the place Danica stands.

Why this happens, I have no idea. This save is relatively new (save 008 out of 008, for testing a Bodymorph patch for hormones), so I don't think it should be corrupted enough to cause that).

I just finished the chaurus queen quest. Very well done! I'd just like to list the handful of issues I encountered. I updated to the latest version right before returning to Danica with the two facehuggers which was probably not such a good idea, so I'm not sure if any issues were caused by that.

- She went down into the sanctuary just fine, but then never left it even though some of her dialogue implies that she is supposed to go back to the temple. She's still down there.

- After I picked up the saw, I had to use the console to advance the quest by one stage to get Danica's dialogue.

- The first chaurus armor has no hands or feet, the second works perfect, the third is complete chaos graphics-wise (articfacts all over the screen). I use UUNP body.

- The portal in blackreach spawns magic anomalies. After I killed them all, the vanilla quest "Aftershock" was advanced to the stage where I have to return to Tolfidr. The quest was active at the time but pointed at one of the regular vanilla locations.