1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

I check the scripts - if stay near chest an do this command - this not help. This command helps only if you enter it before exit from cryopod.

That's obvious as the script has already ran. But it prevents it from running again later. And the best time to disable combat surrender, likewise the belted quest, is in pre war Sanctuary. Then you never have to worry about it mucking things up.

Personally, I set the GV to 0 in the mod so it's always disabled.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Personally, I set the GV to 0 in the mod so it's always disabled.

I like the combat surrender and use it after i fix 3(? - not sure maybe more, but 3 fixes i remember) bugs in there. i use it with AAF violate and in most parts DCW surrender hits early as AAF.

Edited by Elsidia
15 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Has nothing to do with your MM.

Open the console and run this.

set dcw_enableCombatSurrender to 0

Combat surrender, while a nifty idea, causes more issues than it's wroth. It's "supposed" to keep you from dying and instead restrain you and dump you in a random location. But, if you sustain any damage while wearing restraints, as soon as you remove those restraints combat surrender will kick in.

Hmm. My console said "Script command dcw_enableCombatSurrender 0 not found."

9 hours ago, ComKrom said:

Hmm. My console said "Script command dcw_enableCombatSurrender 0 not found."

Of course this command no found because it is

All green part is command.

Set global variable dcw_enableCombatSurrender  to value zero.

Edited by Elsidia
19 hours ago, izzyknows said:

BTW, you can copy & paste stuff into the console.

20 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Of course this command no found because it is

All green part is command.

Set global variable dcw_enableCombatSurrender  to value zero.

Big facepalm. I thought "set" was telling me to type "dcw_enableCombatSurrender" only. Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, ComKrom said:

Still keeps me in the vault though unfortunately.

You need to run that before entering the vault, or right after exiting the cryo pod. Any damage once restrained will trigger the combat surrender... and pork things.

You can also use my mod that places the Pip-Boy right outside the pod. Equipping it disables all the radroaches which is a vanilla thing. You still need to avoid the generator & get the Overseer's key for the trunk.

15 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You need to run that before entering the vault, or right after exiting the cryo pod. Any damage once restrained will trigger the combat surrender... and pork things.

You can also use my mod that places the Pip-Boy right outside the pod. Equipping it disables all the radroaches which is a vanilla thing. You still need to avoid the generator & get the Overseer's key for the trunk.

Will do. Thanks!

8 hours ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

So I noticed that whenever I equip, or get forced into, anything that restricts my hands, the straight jackets and bondage mittens, I'm unable to use my pip-boy. How do I go about taking them off?

One thing for (quite) certain:
Do not do it via console commands. It would make the game and safe dizzy :)

There are a few mods that help you dealing with it:

First there's "Boston Devious Helper" where you can ask NPC (including your companion) to help you out of any Devious Device:

Then there's the "DD Armorbench Unlocker" that will turn any armorbench in the Commonwealth into a helpful tool that allows you to unlock (almost) all devices (except for the devices from the "Jack Quest" from "Deviously Cursed Wasteland")
It will cost you some caps if it's a workbench outside one of your settlements but better pay than hobble, I'd say: 

And lastly there's "Sex Attributes" that has a function where your SoleSurvivor can lockpick (almost) all Devious Device if she has enough willpower left.
So, if she's bound into 15 devices from top to toe you have to consider which one to remove first :)

You can have either one of them in your game or all of them (including their requirements, of course) and they work like a charm, not only for removing nasty devices :)

Edited by JonX67
teipos....

Thanks, Jon. These mods should help!

And Elsidia, it seems to me that being unable to use my pip boy while restrained is by design, since I get a notification every time I try to use it; and if it's not, I think its more immersive this way anyway.

Also, I tried to download Sex Att, but it doesnt seem to have any affect on gameplay, nor can I use any of the hotkeys I assigned. Do I need to activate the mod somehow? Does it only work on a new save or something?

Thx for the help guys!

1 hour ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

And Elsidia, it seems to me that being unable to use my pip boy while restrained is by design,

That's not. Some wrist restraints (and straitjackets) items are designed to don't allow equip any item. Pipboy is item. Because DD made own exclusion list for those devices.  And script check is item is in list then allow it to equip. When you open a pipboy it's going to equip, but restraint block. Because in this list are include original pipboy id and it ignores pipboy and allow it to equip.

It you use some mod what customize pipboy, this pipboy id is other as in DD list and DD thinks that this isn't a pipboy, but simple item. Because pipboy not equipped and DD shows info about failed equip.

UPD: Logics: without pipboy you can't unequip DD item, that mean you stuck into it forever.

Edited by Elsidia
2 hours ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

And Elsidia, it seems to me that being unable to use my pip boy while restrained is by design, since I get a notification every time I try to use it; and if it's not, I think its more immersive this way anyway.

What notification are you getting exactly?

10 hours ago, izzyknows said:

What notification are you getting exactly?

I think it was something along the lines of "You cannot equip this here" I do belief its the same not that plays when you try to equip something with bindings on. Though its weird that it doesn't happen when Im wearing wrist cuffs

12 hours ago, Elsidia said:

It you use some mod what customize pipboy, this pipboy id is other as in DD list and DD thinks that this isn't a pipboy, but simple item. Because pipboy not equipped and DD shows info about failed equip.

I am using the Pip Pad mod, and it does make the pip boy not appear on my arm. It all makes sense now. 

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by SpicyNuggies24
28 minutes ago, SpicyNuggies24 said:

Can you tell me?

You need open in notebook or notebook+ text editor file dcw_main_playerRefScript.psc and found this part:

Spoiler

If Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == Vault111Location
        ; do nothing here. Just let her recover. If this ever triggers. Really, who's getting beaten by BUGS anyway!!!
    ElseIf (Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == ConcordLocation) || (Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == ConcordMuseumLocation)
        ; getting killed by the Deathclaw there is probably more common. Let her recover in the museum then.
        Libs.Player.MoveTo(WakeUpDestinations[3])
    Else
        ; assume that at this point she has progressed enough in the quest to know these locations...
        Libs.Player.MoveTo(WakeUpDestinations[Utility.RandomInt(0, (WakeUpDestinations.Length - 1))])
    EndIf

Change this part to:

Spoiler

If Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == Vault111Location
        ; do nothing here. Just let her recover. If this ever triggers. Really, who's getting beaten by BUGS anyway!!!
    ElseIf (Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == ConcordLocation) || (Libs.Player.GetCurrentLocation() == ConcordMuseumLocation)
        ; getting killed by the Deathclaw there is probably more common. Let her recover in the museum then.
        Libs.Player.MoveTo(WakeUpDestinations[4]) ; there is kimy error in teleport (3 is vault111)
    Else
        ; assume that at this point she has progressed enough in the quest to know these locations...
        int d=Utility.RandomInt(0, (WakeUpDestinations.Length - 1))
        if d==3
            d=4 ; change vault111 to commonwealth
        endif
        Libs.Player.MoveTo(WakeUpDestinations[d])
; this part is reworked to avoid destination 3  - vault111
      EndIf

and save a script.

Then you need install CK or other FO4 compilator.

In CK open gameplay -> papyrus script manager - found there script dcw_main_playerRefScript.psc, press on it right mouse button -> Choose Compile. If all ok no compilation errors will done.

It's not easy and be careful not to damage a mod.

UPD: script are in folder Fallout 4 -> Data\Scripts\Source\User\DCW

Edited by Elsidia
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question, as i got AAF violate installed, it seems like DCW also comes with combat surrender?, the violate one kicks in once your health is 15% or u get your limb crippled, then i also got the 2'nd one where if i lose all my health, my PC colapes, and it says something like "You're being dragged away by your enemies" and you get teleported and get some devices put on you.

So im guessing that is from this mod? and the command to disable that is "set dcw_enableCombatSurrender to 0" right? 

It seems to also trigger for some reason at the start of the game in the vault where at the end near the pip boy, when i access a chest there, it gives me the same message but dosen't TP me and just locks me. Could be different mod tho.

Edit: Also noticed that sometimes when im wearing restraints, PC will surrender after like couple hits, but sometimes i can tank those shots and nothing happens.

Edited by NiX10