3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

New version up! V6 corrects the female mouth meshes. 

Note that means re-doing facegen for the females, so I had to update a bunch of patches too. They're all marked v6.

Is it safe to keep using an existing save after updating to v6?

So after uninstalling v5 and installing v6, I'm getting this graphical glitch on my follower. My load order is the same as with v5, and I haven't added any other mods. Reverting back to v5 makes the glitch go away, so it's definitely an issue with v6.

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2019.07.08 - 06.47.17.51.png

1 minute ago, ArkinEgg said:

On a more related-to-the-mod note, does anyone know how to remove the nsfw loading screens and main menu? (Returning them to the defaults) I got the nsfw mods as more of a realism thing and don't want sheaths plastered all over the menus and loads.

Install the sos addon before the main mod.

Will that work? The SOS addon likes to be after the main mod. You can delete "interface" and "loadscreenart" folders from the SOS addon and you're good to go.

@catfox what gauntlets are you wearing in that pic? If you take them off does the glitch disappear?

1 hour ago, ArkinEgg said:

Can anyone help with removing the NSFW loading screens and menu? I got the mod as more of a realism/occasional-viewing-experience and would rather not have sheaths plastered all over my menus and loads willy nilly.

-Thanks

delete "Data\meshes\loadscreenart" and "Data\meshes\interface\logo"

2 hours ago, redeyesandlonghair said:

Hello sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to make this so it only turns males into the new races?  

Possible in theory, yes, but we won't be doing it because it would take a huge amount of work (basically rebuild the mod/plugin from scratch), would be very prone to bugging out, and I'm pretty sure none of us would be interested in it anyway. Sorry about that.

Ran into a strange CTD with the LOTD quest. At the end of 'Night At The Museum' quest, you are asked to return to the museum tomorrow to check if the statue arrived. So I used the wait function for 24 hours, then get a CTD after a few seconds. Thought it was related to the quest or talking to the priest at the front door or maybe the waiting for the statue to appear right in front of me was causing an issue. So loaded back up and fast traveled across the map. Then prompted me to return to the museum and as soon I got back to solitude it CTD again. This led me to believe it was the statue appearing that was causing an issue. Loaded LOTD in the creation kit and the statue is there, meshes and all, looks correct as well for the patch being installed. Thing is as soon as the statue would appear a CTD would happen.

Disabled the LOTD patch from this mod and it worked, no more CTD. Statue was there and all. Re-enabled the patch and everything is fine. Now I don't know if this crash has to do with me having the files installed on the SE version of skyrim, probably is. What I do know is that other than this CTD, almost at 100 hours with this mod installed on the SE version and it still workes great and is stable. Just decided to post this incase others run into this problem using it with the SE version.

Edit: Almost forgot, do you have female mannequins in the LOTD patch? Mine are just appearing as the human female ones in all the armory wing cells. 

1 hour ago, Babushka234 said:

[...]

Did you install the latest YA update? It changed some things about female Lykaios heads and morphs and all the FaceGen data had to be rebuilt. Looks like the Sofia patch wasn't updated, and what you see there is the old head trying to load the new morphs and bugging out bad because of it.

If so, you will have to wait for Bad Dog to update the Sofia patch, or re-export FaceGen for her yourself.

I'm putting up version 6.1, which will fix the guantets.

Any thoughts on making a BSA? Damn thing is so big one BSA exceeds the 2G file size limit. Even just the meshes is something like 3G. I could do just the actors and let the rest be loose files, with a separate textures BSA. Is it worth it?

Edit: Also a Sofia patch.

21 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Any thoughts on making a BSA? Damn thing is so big one BSA exceeds the 2G file size limit. Even just the meshes is something like 3G. I could do just the actors and let the rest be loose files, with a separate textures BSA. Is it worth it?

Supposedly archive files like BSAs not only reduce the total file size but also are easier to load for the game than loose files, but I can't remember if that is exclusive to the BA2s for SSE/FO4 or it also applies to LE. I know from experience it does make a noticeable difference in the former, but don't recall seeing any significant improvement in the latter.

Main problem I could see is that BSAs always get overriden by loose files, so if there's any leftover FaceGen data for vanilla NPCs from other mods, it will cause YA's own to not load for the affected NPCs and trigger the "grey face bug". Then again, you could simply tell people to uninstall (or disable if using MO2) any mods they have that change vanilla FaceGen and be done with it; there would still be people that would get the bug, but that would be their fault for not reading the description.

Otherwise, it would streamline the install a bit, so it could be worth looking into.

57 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Supposedly archive files like BSAs not only reduce the total file size but also are easier to load for the game than loose files, but I can't remember if that is exclusive to the BA2s for SSE/FO4 or it also applies to LE.

BSA archives do load faster on LE than loose files, that's pretty much the main advantage it has. Though...

58 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Main problem I could see is that BSAs always get overriden by loose files, so if there's any leftover FaceGen data for vanilla NPCs from other mods, it will cause YA's own to not load for the affected NPCs and trigger the "grey face bug".

This is why I personally wouldn't pack Yiffy Age as BSA. YA needs to overwrite a lot of stuff that common mods touch, including armor, and having only unique assets as BSA and everything else as loose files wouldn't help with load times that much.

BSA makes sense for mods that just add new stuff or expect parts of it to be overwritten by other mods.

BSA doesn't make sense for huge overhauls that need to overwrite common stuff to function as they should such as Yiffy Age.

For example, my loadout has 186 files YA overwrites. That includes statues (which a lot of texture overhauls touch), facetints (mostly from diverse skyrim), armor, skeletons (clutter), etc.

image.png.aceeea8d8323d9fac8f1c6a5e600b7a8.png

This is also pretty much why my first suggestion to everyone having trouble and not posting their load order is to move YA right at the bottom so that it can overwrite whatever it needs to overwrite.

My 2¢.

27 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it would also help if you stopped using R8G8B8 for absolutely everything.

I mean, normal maps need to be saved as RGB8 or else the compression artefacts screw up the data, but it's true that diffuses and specs can be saved as DXT1 to save some space without extreme quality loss...

...unless they are meant to be gray or black, in which case DXT1 is a total nope because of the stupid green and purple effect that shows up due to the compression. "Hurr durr let's just use 5 bits for red and blue but 6 for green 'cause that way it's not as noticeable to the human eye". Fuck whoever said that, I hate it when something "black" or "gray" looks freaking purple:classic_dodgy:

(Also, in case anybody is wondering, this is the reason why the shark textures are uncompressed; since they are mostly grey and white, if I try to compress them, they get those stupid artefacts all over and look like shit ingame).