I disabled everything but one race((The NonyxiaCheetahRace)), the Monstergirl mod, and my own two mods. I know for a fact my mods do not change enough to have any chance to CTD as they both only do very tiny edits such as adding some simple magic, one script only related to one spell i added, and a change to the player's magic regen... but I noticed the scamp's heads are all still bright purple, which leads me to think my entire oblivion install is f***ed to high heaven right now.

I'll try boss when I reinstall oblivion completely, though that's gonna be a pain in the arse, since my PC's dvd drive is showing a failure, so i'm gonna have to bust out my older computer just to be able to reinstall this.

Boy, today is NOT my day. XD

....but I noticed the scamp's heads are all still bright purple,...

I do not remember which  Mod added a scamp head ( completely unnecessary) , but I once had the same problem.

Check your folder: meshes\creatures\scamp\  if there is a head.nif delete it ( then the game use the original head nif from the Oblivion meshes bsa ). Don't delete other head nif from Mods ( speckledhead01.nif, redscamphead.nif,....)  Only the head.nif ( not scamphead,nif)

....but I noticed the scamp's heads are all still bright purple,...

I do not remember which  Mod added a scamp head ( completely unnecessary) , but I once had the same problem.

Check your folder: meshes\creatures\scamp\  if there is a head.nif delete it ( then the game use the original head nif from the Oblivion meshes bsa ). Don't delete other head nif from Mods ( speckledhead01.nif, redscamphead.nif,....)  Only the head.nif ( not scamphead,nif)

Nah, i've had this oblivion install for 5-6 years now, moved it from computer to computer, and was a stupid kid and didn't know how to fresh-install updates for half that time. I need to just do a fresh install.

Hrm...I don't know what in my mod could cause consecutive mod crashes in the Kvatch Oblivion Gate. If it was an added monster NPC, the randomization should prevent it from generating the same crasher repeatedly. Also the Daedra NPCs only start appearing at a pretty high level in Oblivion gates.

Probably the same as with the problems i had with former installations

Especially the Bruma Gate and the fringe, so i reinstalled and watched the right order more or less, so it worked

i guess that reinstalling it will solve it, especially if it really hasnt been reinstalled for 5-6 years, there must have been many unused files and inis, i could imagine that the last one was most likely the killing blow

Hrm...I don't know what in my mod could cause consecutive mod crashes in the Kvatch Oblivion Gate. If it was an added monster NPC, the randomization should prevent it from generating the same crasher repeatedly. Also the Daedra NPCs only start appearing at a pretty high level in Oblivion gates.

Like I'd stated before, I believe it's just how old and poorly maintained my installation was. I copied my legitimate disc to an ISO, mounted it in a virtual drive and am installing it fresh and new as we speak. I'm very confident this will fix all my issues, and if that is the case, I Profusely apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Nope, that didn't fix it. I still CTD every time I go to the kvatch oblivion gate. And literally the only things I installed was obse 20, blockhead plugin, pluggy dev v132, HGEC with BBB 1.12, and the blockhead monstergirl mod. It crashes every time. I'm gonna see if it needs a compatibility skeleton, but at this point, i've run out of ideas.

I can only assume at this point I may actually just need SI, and I really don't want to have to go sell stuff just to buy the steam version of oblivion.

Nope, not even that tutorial helped. Still CTD's when entering kvatch oblivion gate, every single time without failure.

Edit:

Tried disabling the blockhead Edition Monstergirl Mod, kvatch oblivion gate works perfectly, no crash. I think the monstergirl mod might just require Shivering Isles at this point, because after looking in TES4edit, I noticed a lot of missing refs when it came to spells, equipment and dialogue.

EditEdit:

I'm going to try to take the complete original package of Monstergirl CoC 1.4 and install that, then yours over it this time to see if maybe there some file that was missing. Also, the jet black, blank Monstergirl loading screens still haven't stopped, even after activating archive invalidation.

It might have something to do with the Xivilai companion quest, possibly...hm. It is also entirely possible not having Shivering Isles is screwing things over. Also, the black load screens are from me removing the guro load screen images from the original mod and not having remembered to replace them.

It might have something to do with the Xivilai companion quest, possibly...hm. It is also entirely possible not having Shivering Isles is screwing things over. Also, the black load screens are from me removing the guro load screen images from the original mod and not having remembered to replace them.

What I might do, Is i might try to edit out the quest myself and see if that fixes the issue. I hate having to sit back and watch everyone else do the hard work while I laze around and wait. I like to help. :3

Interesting...can you try the alpha .esp I have attached on the previous page, and use the console command coc mgdaedratestcell ? I want to see if it's the Xivilai that's making you crash or something weird with how I formatted the quest.

It's the quest. I went to the test cell and it functioned just fine.

Also, i'm pretty much going to console delete that thing if it's quest ever starts working for me. Xivilai is by far one of the ugliest NPCs i've ever seen. Probably gonna see if I can mod it to replace it with like.. one of the matrons of molag bal or maybe the pale seductress...i mean, no offense and all, but just, wow. O_O

Gonna need to go to a ward for that burn XD

But yeah, Thanks for that, if you hadn't said anything about that quest, I never would have got this functioning. I've had other crashes in some aelid ruins, but I can never get them to happen on command like I could do with this, and I can never get close enough to see what creature could be causing the issues. If I find any more crashes I can replicate, I'll be sure to try to immediately post my findings here for you.

I love this mod so much, I love the huge verity of new creatures, and at one point, I hacked it to even be a bit more like CoC, in that I made it so you could loot the differently shaped bodies and wear them. At one point, my character became one of the holstarus((Cow-girls)), and another time, I took and became the succubus, cloven hooves and all. I was even working on making drops for consumable items that would do the transformations and force equip them on you, but I lost the source to my little hack of that mod LONG ago.

Long story short, or tl;dr as some would say, I love this mod so much, and I'm so happy to see a talented individual like you fixing the broken mess it was left as by the previous owner of the mod! You have my sincerest thanks!

Edit:

I also noticed, some summons actually CTD my game, mainly one that the spider daedra uses, that i can't figure out what it is. Which i believe that actually is a result of me needing Shivering Isles 

I'm pretty sure I know the cause of that, but not enough to fix it. Is it the creature Spider Daedra, the Black Widow NPC, the Spider Daedra NPC, or the Spider Daedra Nymph NPC? 'Cuz they all have a different summon spell, now that I look at it. Basically, Emily completely re-tooled the game's vanilla magic effects, which is...bad. I've partially fixed it, but I guess not enough. If you can get me the ID # or name of the one with the crashing summon, I'll try to figure that out.

I'm pretty sure I know the cause of that, but not enough to fix it. Is it the creature Spider Daedra, the Black Widow NPC, the Spider Daedra NPC, or the Spider Daedra Nymph NPC? 'Cuz they all have a different summon spell, now that I look at it. Basically, Emily completely re-tooled the game's vanilla magic effects, which is...bad. I've partially fixed it, but I guess not enough. If you can get me the ID # or name of the one with the crashing summon, I'll try to figure that out.

Oh sweet jeebus, you NEVER mess with the magic effects, under any circumstances unless you know the game engine better than the back of your hand. 

As for figuring out which one it was, I'm not completely sure. I think it might have had reddish hair, but my memory sucks, and the editor keeps crashing when trying to load their preview.

i would dare to guess that its the Nymph or the Vanilla Spider Daedra

The Black Widow summons normal Spiderlings, the NPC-Spider Daedra does the same as the old non-NPC version and the Nymphs strangely never attacked me, but since i had that faction-crisis, i guess it was related to that, and the Non-NPC-Spider-Daedra simply dont appear anymore so i cant say if they are a bit messed up

Did you mark out the Xivilai quest again? The only modifications my mod makes to Kvatch itself are adding two NPCs into the burnt chapel.

Yeah, I marked out the quest again, both the voice and other quest for it.I'll try here a little later to make absolutely sure it is the Monstergirl mod by disabling it again and going back through kvatch again.

...fff somehow I've added so much in the last few days I don't know what files need to go in the new version. At this rate I may as well start set of mesh/texture/voice/esp zips to replace the original version so I can take down the 10 upgrades and have all the files together.