Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

On 5/27/2019 at 1:44 PM, terrorofmorrowind said:

I've got this weird bug where Pahe is apparently spawning bandits with no names at all. It's completely blank. I can't even loot them either. Any one else having this issue? I have never seen this one before. I've posted my load order incase any one's curious.

loadorder.txt 3.43 kB · 2 downloads

should be fixed this update!

1 hour ago, CliftonJD said:

yes and i'll go into more detail below

to the coders it looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

If (PAH.DD_Collar != None) && (PAH.DD_Blindfold != None)
        return (WornHasKeyword(PAH.DD_Collar) || WornHasKeyword(PAH.DD_Blindfold) || WornHasKeyword(PAHRestraintLeash))
    ElseIf (PAH.DD_Collar != None)
        return (WornHasKeyword(PAH.DD_Collar) || WornHasKeyword(PAHRestraintLeash))
    ElseIf (PAH.DD_Blindfold != None)
        return (WornHasKeyword(PAH.DD_Blindfold) || WornHasKeyword(PAHRestraintLeash))
    Else
        return WornHasKeyword(PAHRestraintLeash)

in english that means that if you have devious devices assets installed and pahcore detects that you have it installed, it grabs the keywords from dd and stores them in its own database for later usage. then when the device is applied to the slave, it detects the keywords of the device and tells the framework that this slave is wearing a leash as defined by the mcm toggle for advanced leash.

current keywords are collars for the traditional method and blindfolds cuz on npc's they don't seem to have any visual effect for the npc or in this case the slave/s. with this new method in place more keywords will be added as i determine which keywords identify the more immersive restraints for preventing the slave/s from running. next on my list i'll be looking for shackles followed by legbinders and straitjacket legbinders

oh almost forgot to note, this also fixes (or should fix) how pah treats non-collar devious devices so that it will should no longer be possible for the framework to allow a devious device to be broken by adding armor or other restraints to an already restrained slave if that slot is occupied by a devious device. i've always suspected there was something wrong with how it treats the devices, but what i found was more shocking, that if a dd collar was worn, no other collar would be worn by the slave until that collar was unlocked. you might think great that's how its sposed to behave, but what about all the other devious devices. until now they were treated as any other piece of equipment forcibly removed by any new item given to the slave that occupies that same slot, breaking the scripts of the device previously worn

the new method to the coders looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

If ((PAH.DD_Locks != None) && (akBaseItem.HasKeyword(PAH.DD_Locks)))
                bForceEquip = False
        ;    EndIf
        EndIf
        if (bForceEquip)
            Armor item_as_armor = akBaseItem as Armor
            if item_as_armor && item_as_armor.getFormID()
                Form item_already_in_slot = the_actor.GetWornForm(item_as_armor.GetSlotMask())
                if item_already_in_slot && item_already_in_slot.getFormID()
                    if PAH.DD_Locks != None
                        if !(item_already_in_slot.HasKeyword(PAH.DD_Locks) || item_already_in_slot.HasKeyword(PAHRestraint))
                            the_actor.UnEquipItem(item_already_in_slot)
                        endIf
                    elseif !item_already_in_slot.HasKeyword(PAHRestraint)
                        the_actor.UnEquipItem(item_already_in_slot)
                    else
                        return
                    endIf
                endif

in english that means that any device that has a lock needs to be treated as locked, only removable if dd allows it, usually if the player has the proper key/s for the restraint

p.s..

before removing the old devious patch, all collared slaves need to be in range of the player or otherwise restrained. before best effect it may work best to apply the update before removing the addon. remove the device/s from the slave/s then give it back to the slave to be reworn in order to be certain the framework detects the keyword/s of the device and applies the roper effects or the slave/s may escape as tho the device/s is not worn

p.s.s..

sorry for the typoes and poor english above

Thank you for this update and the whole mod in general.  Side note, even native English speakers still mess up.  Doing great and no worries on the typos.  Much love for this and we greatly appreciate the work you've done.

Hi Clifton, no problem with your mod, really a stable factor in my game.

One question, I saw that Pahe reborn aka Paradise Halls Enhanced - Skyrim Slavery WIP has been updated today. Is it useful to combine your mod with the Wip version or is it better to use one of the mods, not both?  Thanks

4 hours ago, TrueLordAmon said:

Thank you for this update and the whole mod in general.  Side note, even native English speakers still mess up.  Doing great and no worries on the typos.  Much love for this and we greatly appreciate the work you've done.

:)

2 hours ago, Orlando53 said:

Hi Clifton, no problem with your mod, really a stable factor in my game.

One question, I saw that Pahe reborn aka Paradise Halls Enhanced - Skyrim Slavery WIP has been updated today. Is it useful to combine your mod with the Wip version or is it better to use one of the mods, not both?  Thanks

consider that to be the mirror site. choose 1 or the other, both should be the same and when i get time to redo the page, both page infos will merge infos then clone. i posted both, but left layam's name with mine at the nexus to leave him credit as the original author of the mod

Thanks for continuing this mod!  Love it.  

For anyone that has issues initiating enslave dialog:  disable tdf prostitution conversations in MCM.  Might be just my build, but even with tdf patch, enslavement options didn't come up until i disabled that.  Ill go back later to see if i can fix it.

4 hours ago, fred200 said:

pahe_lives_on-7.3.1-no addons_install includes Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp. This forces a dependency on the DD mods.

I disabled that esp.

fixed it, thanks for the info. also fixed the "update"zip for the same packaging mistake

25 minutes ago, XarisZ said:

Is there a way to buy back sold slaves and retrain them?

18 minutes ago, Briansin said:

yes you can go back to the person you sold them to n ask about the slave an should give u an option to buy back

I believe we're conflating mods here. Once you've sold a slave to Master Jerrick that slave is gone. If, however, you are also using And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) by Musje then what Briansin said is correct.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I believe we're conflating mods here. Once you've sold a slave to Master Jerrick that slave is gone. If, however, you are also using And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) by Musje then what Briansin said is correct. 

ah well yes thats true ahah forgot about that being needed as i always think thats a go do always have mod lol when using this

1 hour ago, Briansin said:

yes you can go back to the person you sold them to n ask about the slave an should give u an option to buy back

Hmm how? Im using the dialogue option to check on the slave and then the NPC says "she isnt good for much and always causes trouble" and then i can say "well buyer beware..." and the dialogue then goes back to the initial(all dialogue options available)

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Yeah you're right,i didnt sell the slave to that guy(never been there).I sold it to an npc intown

3 minutes ago, XarisZ said:

Yeah you're right,i didnt sell the slave to that guy(never been there).I sold it to an npc intown

So, if you're using AYGAS then whenever you speak to someone to whom you've sold a slave you should be able to ask them how the slave is working out. If they are dissatisfied then you should be able to buy them back. Musje has explained (on the AYGAS thread) how she "works the numbers" in this regard. If you need more information you might want to check there.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, CliftonJD said:
  • Pahe_lives_on-7.3.1:
  • cleaned up the leveled lists and radiant encounters, should be fixed now (should also fix any no name encounters caused by that mistake)

I also encountered the no name bandit issue. Will we be able to update PAHE and continue playing normally or is it advisable to go back to a save prior to first running into these no-name bandits?

Edit:

Just to clarify. I was able to consistently see (and test for) this bug at Valtheim Towers. When I first identified PAHE as the source of the problem, I went back to an earlier save and started replaying since I was only about 40 hours (out of 430) with PAHE installed. I installed the updated version and tested the new playthrough branch where up to this time I had only enslaved two bandits. Everything seemed to work normally. So I decided to go back to my original last save point hoping to recover those 40 hours, and in that branch I had enslaved probably around 30 bandits. I let some time pass, went back to Valtheim, and though I didn't see any no name bandits, the first one you normally see outside, the one who asks you to pay the toll, was missing. I let about 45 days pass so it should have completely reset but apparently something is still not quite right.

Are these leveled lists always read at runtime from the esm/esp files or are the modified ones stored in the save file? Yeah, I'm expressing my ignorance here. :)

1 hour ago, Thaladrius said:

I also encountered the no name bandit issue. Will we be able to update PAHE and continue playing normally or is it advisable to go back to a save prior to first running into these no-name bandits?

Edit:

Just to clarify. I was able to consistently see (and test for) this bug at Valtheim Towers. When I first identified PAHE as the source of the problem, I went back to an earlier save and started replaying since I was only about 40 hours (out of 430) with PAHE installed. I installed the updated version and tested the new playthrough branch where up to this time I had only enslaved two bandits. Everything seemed to work normally. So I decided to go back to my original last save point hoping to recover those 40 hours, and in that branch I had enslaved probably around 30 bandits. I let some time pass, went back to Valtheim, and though I didn't see any no name bandits, the first one you normally see outside, the one who asks you to pay the toll, was missing. I let about 45 days pass so it should have completely reset but apparently something is still not quite right.

Are these leveled lists always read at runtime from the esm/esp files or are the modified ones stored in the save file? Yeah, I'm expressing my ignorance here. :)

I am not CliftonJD but I do have some experience. If you carefully note where PAHE and the .esp's are in your current load order, delete them, load the new game and put the .esm and the .esp's you are using in the exact same locations you should be able to go forward with a current save. Having said that, starting a new game is always the safest.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

I am not CliftonJD but I do have some experience. If you carefully note where PAHE and the .esp's are in your current load order, delete them, load the new game and put the .esm and the .esp's you are using in the exact same locations you should be able to go forward with a current save. Having said that, starting a new game is always the safest.

Thanks, I think I'll try that. I really have no desire to go through Raldbthar a third time in the space of a few days. I started to, but am feeling a lack of motivation to go through the whole thing atm.

I did run into another strange bug at the beginning of the level though. Tied up a female redguard (using Defeat) and when I initiated a rape sequence 'she' was moaning with a male voice. Never had that happen before. :worried: This is with 7.3.1 installed, though checking the load order it is different than during my previous 7.3.0 install. I'll restore the load order and see what happens.

16 hours ago, XarisZ said:

Is there a way to buy back sold slaves and retrain them?

I have sold and slave to a NPC before, and right away the NPC did not want to resell the slave back, it took some time that I recall and then the NPC did sell the slave back that I remember. But if when they do it was a steep price to buy them back.

23 hours ago, viren said:

Everything works now. Thank you for all your great work !

good to hear it :D

21 hours ago, Briansin said:

question with the 7.3.1 all addons whats that include? do i still need the  slso file? the farengar file? the slave camp? im guessing will still need the dd patch an my home is your home patch

slso is not related here, but doccloc made an addon that requires slso for certain functions to be able to manipulate orgasms. farengar's study is there to add the original paradise halls items to the player to make it easier to keep your slaves in line. its both optional and included in the "7.3.1 all addons" version". slave camp is for a method of selling slaves, also optional and included with "7.3.1 all addons". read further up the page for my notes on the dd patch and the "my home is your home" patch is there to block those dialogues from slaves cuz using those dialogues on slaves will break functions and cause the slaves to lose names and possible other issues. yes, its also included in "7.3.1 all addons "

8 hours ago, Thaladrius said:

Edit:

leveled lists are indeed read at runtime, however once you encounter them, it stores what its read as the data for that npc so to answer your question best. yes you would need to reload the game to before encountering them...there's also a possible second fix if you can find out when they recycle actors and use wait/sleep until that occurs. i don't know the details behind it or if it really works as they say, but do remember something about the game reading from the updated esm/esp file after that takes place

5 hours ago, Thaladrius said:

Thanks, I think I'll try that. I really have no desire to go through Raldbthar a third time in the space of a few days. I started to, but am feeling a lack of motivation to go through the whole thing atm.

I did run into another strange bug at the beginning of the level though. Tied up a female redguard (using Defeat) and when I initiated a rape sequence 'she' was moaning with a male voice. Never had that happen before. :worried: This is with 7.3.1 installed, though checking the load order it is different than during my previous 7.3.0 install. I'll restore the load order and see what happens.

6 hours ago, Psalam said:

in this case since its the nameless bandits we're looking to fix on the old save, cleaning pahe from the save will not clean those bandits from the slave and therefore won't effect their names: remember as i said previously those are vanilla leveled lists with unaltered names, therefore the nameless bandit will still be there. the only way to fix a nameless bandit would be to find out what mod caused that bandit to spawn And to somehow force That mod to set the name on the bandit as the bandits in those lists that were nameless were never meant to be put into the game hence why they were not named(templates to the modders)

as somebody mentioned wyrebash would have been the solution when the problem was first discovered, but once its there, it can't be erased...Except by advanced tools using the reference number as its shown in the console to find it in tesedit to see its an npc confirm that its the right number then close tesedit and put that same number into a save cleaner for every nameless bandit that was encountered and seen during that time frame

3 hours ago, TheDragonBorn said:

i installed the mod but the MCM for it wont register so i cant use it. everything is installed properly, i had this mod before but no luck with it this time. 

sounds like an issue registering mcm on an old save

they go into huge discussion on it here for a few methods to try to fix it:

aside from that, you'd need a new save

It is Skyrim. Things happen.

If it were my busted MCM, I would:

Uninstall new version of PAHE

install the version I had been using

Load an old save where everything works

Trans fer all current slaves somewhere safe. Maybe HSH - worth a try.

Make a save

Uninstall old PAHE

Clean save

Load and save a couple of times

Install new version

Get back any slaves I had parked

Verify everything works, including transferring slaves between PAHE and HSH

Takes longer to type it than actually do it.