Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

1 hour ago, CliftonJD said:

same keyword we look for in the slave script here:

if (furnitureItem.hasKeywordString("zbfFurniture"))
            RestrainedInFurniture() ; No escape
        else

ok, do you have anything to determine if skyrim sees that as "furnitureitem"

this is what you need here: furnitureItem.hasKeywordString("zbfFurniture")

Hmmm, well 'furnitureItem' is not a native description in Papyrus, that's just the variable that you've assigned the object reference in the OnSit Event if I'm seeing the full script function correctly, effectively the equivalent of 'akFurniture'.

image.png.28202c40ca4f624b676225b718739841.png

Anyway, to your question:

All of the ZAP items are setup as Furniture in CK, and they're valid sit targets, so the OnSit Event should return the correct objectreference for the script. Unfortunately, that event itself is a bit buggy:

image.png.6cd5e680a8c6ee75a00c747b72e63a1a.png

I've stayed away from using that Event myself, but accessing the right object reference might be a bit tricky in your case. I think my approach was to store the furniture as an alias ahead of time so I could grab the correct object reference via the alias, which is stable. Unfortunately, the 'GetFurnitureReference()' function from F4SE doesn't seem to be available in Oldrim, and I don't think the OnSit Event is fully reliable...

2 hours ago, whatsoldier said:

Reverted back to zaz 7 and it didn't make a difference. Technically the slave is restrained in the furniture and the MCM menu shows "restrained_in_furniture", but the animation doesn't match. The slaves stand in front of the furniture and I have to use the "remove restrains"-dialog to free them. Only then I can put them back on the furniture again, which is annoying if you have several slaves and have to put them back every time.

i can see that as being annoying yes, but atm the only reason you're not getting the same result would be what Hugh Reckum is describing below

1 hour ago, Hugh Reckum said:

Hmmm, well 'furnitureItem' is not a native description in Papyrus, that's just the variable that you've assigned the object reference in the OnSit Event if I'm seeing the full script function correctly, effectively the equivalent of 'akFurniture'.

image.png.28202c40ca4f624b676225b718739841.png

Anyway, to your question:

All of the ZAP items are setup as Furniture in CK, and they're valid sit targets, so the OnSit Event should return the correct objectreference for the script. Unfortunately, that event itself is a bit buggy:

image.png.6cd5e680a8c6ee75a00c747b72e63a1a.png

I've stayed away from using that Event myself, but accessing the right object reference might be a bit tricky in your case. I think my approach was to store the furniture as an alias ahead of time so I could grab the correct object reference via the alias, which is stable. Unfortunately, the 'GetFurnitureReference()' function from F4SE doesn't seem to be available in Oldrim, and I don't think the OnSit Event is fully reliable...

ahh, ok. thank you for the insight. i've had the random bug reports from users claiming it doesn't work and was sorta dumb-founded...your approach to storing it as an alias, wouldn't that require the placement reference of the object to form your aliases. aside from temp-aliases, which would be even more buggy than what's already in playin theory it could also be done thru temp aliases if we were to build more arrays for them to be assigned to

15 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

ahh, ok. thank you for the insight. i've had the random bug reports from users claiming it doesn't work and was sorta dumb-founded...your approach to storing it as an alias, wouldn't that require the placement reference of the object to form your aliases. aside from temp-aliases, which would be even more buggy than what's already in playin theory it could also be done thru temp aliases if we were to build more arrays for them to be assigned to

I guess it depends on how you want to implement stuff, if you had a limited number of static furnitures specific to the Mod, probably could just assign some aliases at start. If you wanted it to be more dynamic, then you could set up an array of aliases and some mechanic to assign them / swap them.

iirc, ForceRefTo() is pretty solid for temp alias swaps. There's also the recycling Quest approach (stopping, restarting Quest to fill aliases), and that's been pretty bullet-proof in my testing. 

So yeah, you might need to get a little creative with the implementation, but there should be a solution. I'd suggest to stay away from the OnSit Event though... It sucks that Papyrus is such a limited language and what few options they give you are sometimes bugged... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I've been trying to get a slave for a while now but every time I knock an NPC down I don't get any options to talk to them to even start the enslavement process. I've tried whittling away at their health trying to get it to work but I never get any prompt to talk to them and they eventually just die. I've searched around and have found nothing like my issue so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what maybe going on. Any help will be very appreciated.

19 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

I guess it depends on how you want to implement stuff, if you had a limited number of static furnitures specific to the Mod, probably could just assign some aliases at start. If you wanted it to be more dynamic, then you could set up an array of aliases and some mechanic to assign them / swap them.

iirc, ForceRefTo() is pretty solid for temp alias swaps. There's also the recycling Quest approach (stopping, restarting Quest to fill aliases), and that's been pretty bullet-proof in my testing. 

So yeah, you might need to get a little creative with the implementation, but there should be a solution. I'd suggest to stay away from the OnSit Event though... It sucks that Papyrus is such a limited language and what few options they give you are sometimes bugged... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so far the users having issues with it have all been testing on temporary placement objects. zaz 8 helper addon is 1 case of it and there was a few instances of it happening with Let's Tie You Up. 

permanent furniture placed by other mods such as cursed loot's dungeon in leon's house worked like a charm and other users have been backing that testing same testing in their mods.

iirc ForceRefTo() is what we use to assign slaves to the aliases in the main quest, recycling slots for slaves that escape(or sold off) to be used for new slaves. we added the arrays list to improve the papyrus performance when we went from 15 slaves to 50 and added a renamer. that array list was then extended when i boosted the slave list again from 50 to 130. i was in much better health when i went thru those arrays, but going thru that again would not be feasible at this time.

thank you for your help and encouragement thus far, but for now i need to work on other bugs until i can build my strength up again. that i've got this many ideas on the fixes and features rolling thru my head at least shows some promise

31 minutes ago, swafferdonked said:

Ok I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I've been trying to get a slave for a while now but every time I knock an NPC down I don't get any options to talk to them to even start the enslavement process. I've tried whittling away at their health trying to get it to work but I never get any prompt to talk to them and they eventually just die. I've searched around and have found nothing like my issue so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what maybe going on. Any help will be very appreciated.

is the mod listed as started in the mcm. if its listed as stopped, it should be clickable to start it

15 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

so far the users having issues with it have all been testing on temporary placement objects. zaz 8 helper addon is 1 case of it and there was a few instances of it happening with Let's Tie You Up. 

permanent furniture placed by other mods such as cursed loot's dungeon in leon's house worked like a charm and other users have been backing that testing same testing in their mods.

iirc ForceRefTo() is what we use to assign slaves to the aliases in the main quest, recycling slots for slaves that escape(or sold off) to be used for new slaves. we added the arrays list to improve the papyrus performance when we went from 15 slaves to 50 and added a renamer. that array list was then extended when i boosted the slave list again from 50 to 130. i was in much better health when i went thru those arrays, but going thru that again would not be feasible at this time.

thank you for your help and encouragement thus far, but for now i need to work on other bugs until i can build my strength up again. that i've got this many ideas on the fixes and features rolling thru my head at least shows some promise

Ok, no worries, best of luck with your Mod and hope your health improves.

5 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

is the mod listed as started in the mcm. if its listed as stopped, it should be clickable to start it

I have that problem too.  I notice that some bandit will have no name at all(some still do). Bandit that have no name cannot be interacted with by any mean. I also notice that some bandit have weird unusually high level. For example, I found lvl 25 bandit on a bandit camp around guarding stone. I'm still level  1.

I never had this problem from previous version of PAHE.

This was tested by starting a completely new save.

I tested it more by trying to disable PAHE and start a new save.

I found that If I disable PAHE, bandit name and level will work again normally. If I enable it, it broke again.

(PAHE was started successfully. Other func work perfectly as always.)

10 hours ago, phai3838 said:

I have that problem too.  I notice that some bandit will have no name at all(some still do). Bandit that have no name cannot be interacted with by any mean. I also notice that some bandit have weird unusually high level. For example, I found lvl 25 bandit on a bandit camp around guarding stone. I'm still level  1.

I found that If I disable PAHE, bandit name and level will work again normally. If I enable it, it broke again.

Same here. Bandits with no names and cannot be looted + terminator level bandits :) Otherwise Great Mod!

2 minutes ago, viren said:

Same here. Bandits with no names and cannot be looted + terminator level bandits :) Otherwise Great Mod!

This problem usually occurs when you attempt to interact with the bandit too soon. I recommend that you turn on the option in the McMenu that will rename captured "generic" NPCs (like bandits). Then, when you attempt to enslave them wait until their new name appears when you hover over them. In this manner you can avoid that short period when you have the issue that you described.

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

This problem usually occurs when you attempt to interact with the bandit too soon. I recommend that you turn on the option in the McMenu that will rename captured "generic" NPCs (like bandits). Then, when you attempt to enslave them wait until their new name appears when you hover over them. In this manner you can avoid that short period when you have the issue that you described.

No no ... they have no names while i'm fighting them ... just a health bar and thats it ... the mod is doing some dark magic on them :)

8 minutes ago, viren said:

No no ... they have no names while i'm fighting them ... just a health bar and thats it ... the mod is doing some dark magic on them :)

So, you're saying that when you are attacked by an Argonian (for instance) in a Wilderness Encounter s/he is not identified as "Thief." If so, I can assure you that has nothing to do with this mod.

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

So, you're saying that when you are attacked by an Argonian (for instance) in a Wilderness Encounter s/he is not identified as "Thief." If so, I can assure you that has nothing to do with this mod.

Ok ... I agree ...

In that case ... why this thing started after installing it ?

on testing - up to now ... animals are lootable ... chests and so on too ... just some bandits have no names ... those cannot be looted and there is some overleveled bandits ...

7 minutes ago, viren said:

Ok ... I agree ...

In that case ... why this thing started after installing it ?

on testing - up to now ... animals are lootable ... chests and so on too ... just some bandits have no names ... those cannot be looted and there is some overleveled bandits ...

If you post a load order (preferably from LOOT and preferably in a spoiler) I will be happy to take a look and make a guess. However, Paradise Halls does NOT impact any NPC until the enslaving event. Therefore, if the problem exists (no name) before that, PAHE can NOT be the problem.

44 minutes ago, Psalam said:

If you post a load order (preferably from LOOT and preferably in a spoiler) I will be happy to take a look and make a guess. However, Paradise Halls does NOT impact any NPC until the enslaving event. Therefore, if the problem exists (no name) before that, PAHE can NOT be the problem.

Yeah ... but my load order is not changed for more than ... I don't know ... 7 or 8 months. And I just deactivated PAHE from Mod Organizer (and all the esp with dependencies) - aaand everything works. Activated it again ... restarted the mod from MCM and there is still nameless non lootable bandits here and there. The one other new thing that I installed is "More Bandit Camps" ... but I cannot find info if the two mods don't play well.

14 minutes ago, viren said:

Yeah ... but my load order is not changed for more than ... I don't know ... 7 or 8 months. And I just deactivated PAHE from Mod Organizer (and all the esp with dependencies) - aaand everything works. Activated it again ... restarted the mod from MCM and there is still nameless non lootable bandits here and there. The one other new thing that I installed is "More Bandit Camps" ... but I cannot find info if the two mods don't play well.

First thing I want to tell you, as I've told others, is that it is really rare for a mod (any mod) to break your game. There are thousands of people out there right now using mods that you might be having apparent trouble with. For instance, I've not had any trouble with PAHE although I've used it for years. That being said, PAHE could interact with another mod (especially if you are adding/deleting mods during a playthrough rather than starting a new game). In that case though, the issue is twofold: what mod is it interacting with and what do you do about it.

So, I found nothing on PAHE and MBC. Part of this is likely due to the fact that MBC has not been updated in four years (as a general rule I recommend against using such a mod - see my blog for more details; the link is in my signature). I would not be surprised if MBC was interacting poorly with PAHE or one of its requirements. For purposes of this discussion let's say that we KNOW that is the case. What to do about it.

The simplest solution, and the one I use most often, is simply to leave off one of the interacting mods. This has the benefit of ease. The downside is that you loaded both of the mods because there was something you wanted from both of them. Your second solution is to play with the load order. Change which mod comes before the other one. The last one loaded will overwrite the one that came earlier (if there is a conflict). Sometimes that will solve the issue. Finally, the most tedious way is to use Wrye Bash or TES5Edit to find and fix the conflict.

In any of these cases, as I already indicated, it is important that you test it in a new game. A save that has already been corrupted by a conflict is likely to remain corrupted by it (even if you try to clean it).

So, sorry I have no simple answer for you. I wish you good luck and happy hunting!

12 minutes ago, Psalam said:

First thing I want to tell you, as I've told others, is that it is really rare for a mod (any mod) to break your game. There are thousands of people out there right now using mods that you might be having apparent trouble with. For instance, I've not had any trouble with PAHE although I've used it for years. That being said, PAHE could interact with another mod (especially if you are adding/deleting mods during a playthrough rather than starting a new game). In that case though, the issue is twofold: what mod is it interacting with and what do you do about it.

So, I found nothing on PAHE and MBC. Part of this is likely due to the fact that MBC has not been updated in four years (as a general rule I recommend against using such a mod - see my blog for more details; the link is in my signature). I would not be surprised if MBC was interacting poorly with PAHE or one of its requirements. For purposes of this discussion let's say that we KNOW that is the case. What to do about it.

The simplest solution, and the one I use most often, is simply to leave off one of the interacting mods. This has the benefit of ease. The downside is that you loaded both of the mods because there was something you wanted from both of them. Your second solution is to play with the load order. Change which mod comes before the other one. The last one loaded will overwrite the one that came earlier (if there is a conflict). Sometimes that will solve the issue. Finally, the most tedious way is to use Wrye Bash or TES5Edit to find and fix the conflict.

In any of these cases, as I already indicated, it is important that you test it in a new game. A save that has already been corrupted by a conflict is likely to remain corrupted by it (even if you try to clean it).

So, sorry I have no simple answer for you. I wish you good luck and happy hunting!

Hey ... I'm grateful for the help man! Really !

I do test with new game.

Yeah ... stopped a bunch of mods to no effect ... moved the whole pahe at the bottom of the load order ... but only if PAHE is deactivated than all works. Anyways ... it's not like I cannot enslave all the rest :) ... who cares for a bunch of lousy no name bandits !

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, nailkaiser said:

anyone know of any slaver camp mod that accept special slave for sell like giant for example they dont want fit through door zone, like an out door camp should by pass this

If you use And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) by Musje, you will be able to sell slaves to individuals, including those in the outdoors (say to a Khajiit caravan).

answer all of you at once at the bottom

On 5/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, phai3838 said:

22 hours ago, viren said:

22 hours ago, viren said:

22 hours ago, Psalam said:

21 hours ago, viren said:

20 hours ago, viren said:

Hey ... I'm grateful for the help man! Really !

I do test with new game.

Yeah ... stopped a bunch of mods to no effect ... moved the whole pahe at the bottom of the load order ... but only if PAHE is deactivated than all works. Anyways ... it's not like I cannot enslave all the rest :) ... who cares for a bunch of lousy no name bandits !

Thanks again!

On 12/5/2018 at 2:35 AM, Hyperglyph said:

I've noticed that LeveledActorBase & LeveledEncounterZone cloning often fails with OBIS bandits.

It's not a huge issue (although it is annoying to have to save before enslaving each time, just in case it doesn't clone correctly), but I was wondering if anyone knew why PAHE has such a hard time getting the ActorBase for bandits spawned through OBIS and other similar mods.

I mean, I can't imagine why getting an ActorBase from OBIS.esp is different than getting an ActorBase from Skyrim.esm

... I'm kinda wondering if I could fix it by making OBIS.esp an esm file instead.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:53 PM, CliftonJD said:

update 7.3:

• cleaned up the translation folder, should be fixed now
  • additionally updated many(not all yet) of the vanilla encounter lists to level with the player 

no name bandit encounters are set that way in the vanilla game templates. if you've come across those suddenly, then it means 1 of your mods is causing the templates to spawn. high leveled bandits at level 1 would mean that you have a mod altering the vanilla encounters to higher levels. adjust load order to compensate for overleveled bandits for now and i'll fix it next update

in  order to fix the above issues:

• leveled lists and encounter lists will again be removed from the core mod
  • separate patches for vanilla lists and other mods, mbc not yet included
  • should be able to load mbc after the vanilla leveled list to fix its issues until a fix can be made for mbc
  • so far, working on pretty bandits, obis, sic, fresh women darkness, and judgement wenches
On 5/22/2019 at 4:51 AM, Psalam said:

If you use And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) by Musje, you will be able to sell slaves to individuals, including those in the outdoors (say to a Khajiit caravan).

thx for the suggestion, but i try to avoid that mod as much as possible since it make slave you sold to npc walking around with the npc , sound like problem when u consider to sell off like 10 giants in a city and they still wandering around cant enter door. Wish there an option to make them just disappear like other sell mod.