Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

I'm having a big problem with the animation limit of the new DD, so I want to downgrade back to an older version that lets me have a big anim list but keeps as many working features of PAH-HSH and AYGAS and PAHE as possible.

If I go back to, say, the version just before 4.0, what functions am I gonna lose from these three PAH mods?  Or if you have another suggestion on my problem, I'm happy to hear that too - as long as it's not just "get rid of more anims", cause I've gotten rid of all I can bear to lose.

Maybe a complicated question, to answer even partial answers might help.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, shencereys said:

I'm having a big problem with the animation limit of the new DD, so I want to downgrade back to an older version that lets me have a big anim list but keeps as many working features of PAH-HSH and AYGAS and PAHE as possible.

If I go back to, say, the version just before 4.0, what functions am I gonna lose from these three PAH mods?  Or if you have another suggestion on my problem, I'm happy to hear that too - as long as it's not just "get rid of more anims", cause I've gotten rid of all I can bear to lose.

Maybe a complicated question, to answer even partial answers might help.  Thanks.

You won't miss much other than the new devices in DDe 4.1  The PAH mods should work fine with older versions of DD.

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, shencereys said:

Devious Devices is NOT a requirement for any of these mods. If you are not using it for some other mod you can simply drop the entire thing. Whether you downgrade of eliminate it, you should lose no functionality here.

I would encourage you to spend some time on the SLAL (SexLab Animation Loader) support thread. They spend a great deal of time talking about the animation limits. In my case they were even kind enough to show me how to get the six animations I wanted from a pack with well over a hundred animations (keeping my limit down). 

8 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Devious Devices is NOT a requirement for any of these mods. If you are not using it for some other mod you can simply drop the entire thing. Whether you downgrade of eliminate it, you should lose no functionality here.

I would encourage you to spend some time on the SLAL (SexLab Animation Loader) support thread. They spend a great deal of time talking about the animation limits. In my case they were even kind enough to show me how to get the six animations I wanted from a pack with well over a hundred animations (keeping my limit down). 

That's a skill I also just learned recently too!  It seems a tool to pull out animations (provided you know the names of the ones you want) from one animation pack and slot it into another would be REALLY popular these days.  I'd love to have one combined animation pack I can curate and not have to re-disable animations I hate every time I reinstall or upgrade to a newer pack version.

8 hours ago, Musje said:

You won't miss much other than the new devices in DDe 4.1  The PAH mods should work fine with older versions of DD.

Hey, thank you Musje!  I hope you know your mods are pretty terrific from a technical standpoint. I so rarely have problems with them.

Is it just me, or do most of those new DDe 4.1 items only really have wearing/struggling animations which don't correspond to any SLAL anims?  I think the answer to this q will be a deciding factor for me.

7 hours ago, shencereys said:

Is it just me, or do most of those new DDe 4.1 items only really have wearing/struggling animations which don't correspond to any SLAL anims?  I think the answer to this q will be a deciding factor for me.

As far as I know, most items only have struggling anims. But some stuff like the sex toys or restraints may force SL into a certain class of bound animations.

We need more bound animations in general :)

ok here what i found so far.

1. for u get a slave. even thou installer says u can install the IBDSM patch before u install IBDSM thats wrong it will keep the mcm from showing
2. unless u changed it to give the spells when u setup a camp(only thing i didnt try) it doesnt give them at game start
3. when u reset pahe it bugs the option to give HSH dialgoue option. it will always show the dialogue no matter what u have the mcm set to

8 hours ago, Musje said:

As far as I know, most items only have struggling anims. But some stuff like the sex toys or restraints may force SL into a certain class of bound animations.

I agree with this.  And thanks for the help! 

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Musje said:

Is it possible that the work Zaz is doing with T.ara on ZAP will meet this need? It sounds (from Zaz' comments) like that is his goal anyway.

15 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is it possible that the work Zaz is doing with T.ara on ZAP will meet this need? It sounds (from Zaz' comments) like that is his goal anyway.

With regard to 'wearables', Kimy has previously said that the DD team are working towards increasing the range of these, and those will be tailored for DD assets.  And, if I understood it correctly, I think she also said that they will be part of the DD mods ranges own library, leastways in DCL, which are selected as a first choice option before 'dropping through' to other anims, eg SLAL stuff, regd in SL, to guarantee matching device/anim combos

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

With regard to 'wearables', Kimy has previously said that the DD team are working towards increasing the range of these, and those will be tailored for DD assets.  And, if I understood it correctly, I think she also said that they will be part of the DD mods ranges own library, leastways in DCL, which are selected as a first choice option before 'dropping through' to other anims, eg SLAL stuff, regd in SL, to guarantee matching device/anim combos

But from what I've seen on the ZAP thread T.ara is working on "wearables" as well as furniture. His most recent thread even panning "old" collars and discussing how he intends to do more and new ones (specifically for crawling animations).

17 hours ago, sidfu said:

ok here what i found so far.

1. for u get a slave. even thou installer says u can install the IBDSM patch before u install IBDSM thats wrong it will keep the mcm from showing
2. unless u changed it to give the spells when u setup a camp(only thing i didnt try) it doesnt give them at game start
3. when u reset pahe it bugs the option to give HSH dialgoue option. it will always show the dialogue no matter what u have the mcm set to

1) Well if you install the patch you still have to install the mod right away as well! The point is that you can install mod and patch in any order since the "patch" doesn't overwrite or get overwritten by the mod. But installing the patch without the mod breaks the game. Otherwise why would I even have made the patch optional?

2) You get the spells when you complete the quests to the point where you can start setting up slave camps, or when you set the quests to optional and talk to Pardo at the Restless Hunter.

3) I'll look into this

i have the quest as optional checked in current game and didnt give spells. this might be related to the mcm for the extra dialogue causeing it not to regester quest as optional correctly.

on the patch might want to change its text to say u have to install IBDSM. for way i read it it seems to mean u can install the patch but later install IBDSM

2 hours ago, sidfu said:

i have the quest as optional checked in current game and didnt give spells. this might be related to the mcm for the extra dialogue causeing it not to regester quest as optional correctly.

on the patch might want to change its text to say u have to install IBDSM. for way i read it it seems to mean u can install the patch but later install IBDSM

I'll update the text

As for the spell, did you talk to Pardo yet? This is needed even if you mark them as optional. Ask him if you can keep your slaves at the Hunter, and you get the keys and spells.

36 minutes ago, Musje said:

I'll update the text

As for the spell, did you talk to Pardo yet? This is needed even if you mark them as optional. Ask him if you can keep your slaves at the Hunter, and you get the keys and spells.

Having just advised someone the Hunter cabin was optional (CTD on entry), what spells are we talking about?

That CTD problem was resolved as leftover facegen NIFs from fixing brown face bug. Still want to know for future reference though.

hi Musje, I see the dd patch is a replacement script. not sure but I suppose it handle stripping of slaves.

I install with it, but when I talk to a slave to "take off your clothes" she just take all clothes and dd things off, except dd collar.

I check her with "showinventory" command and can see not only dd inventory objects but also dd script instances werereally unequiped but stayed in her inventory.

Further more, may I ask what does HSH interact with I'll Take the Display Model? Is sending a slave into a DM furniture considered a restain punishment?

is the amulet of control from DM compatible with PAH dialogues, should I avoid using it? only use PAH dialogue to talk a slave into DM furniture.

• 2 weeks later...

@Musje

Quick query pls

I have had 1.17,  1.18b and 1.19 installed in my present game

Using MO, I have them set to overwrite each other progressively.  1.18b is overwritten completely, and there is only one file left hanging over from 1.17.  Not sure which, but I am assuming it doesn't really matter, and ReSaver shows no orphan scripts/instances from HSH

Also have AYGAS 0.53 and ITF 0.3 installed

However, I have a problem with my set up.  I use a Whiterun Breezehome replacement from Nexus - presently hidden.  Basically, it is one huge 'open plan' house, with no internal load doors

I set up a Permanent House token bought from Pardo in it

The cell appeared fine, complete with the strongbox for markers etc.  It opens, and you can select the marker you want to use

I then tried a few furnitures from ITF and they work OK, other than for the misaligned NPC/Asset placements ?

I then caught 5 or 6 Forsworn down in the rift, got them back to Whiterun, and into the house

But when I then actually choose to use, say, cell markers, I can move about in the same 'room' (they're HUGE!) and place them with 'ENTER', the green wheel(s) appear - just the wheels, nothing else - but on 'ESC', the game goes to the In Game Menu (Load, Save, Mods etc), the markers disappear, and there are only tiny markers left on the 'floor'

Going back to the strongbox, I can try to open it, but nothing happens.  The lid moves but no options appear

I have searched the thread and found one similar instance, but no real resolution

Have you, or anyone else, got any ideas as to what might be wrong?

There's no rush, as I am out of town for a couple of weeks, but thought I'd leave this here now while it's still fresh in my memory

TIA for any help you can offer

EDIT:  I think that I have found what was wrong.  I'll leave the basic post here in case anyone has similar issues

I encountered these problems after I brought about 5/6 PAHE slaves into my custom Breezerun, and had them all restrained right next to the main cage.  When I went back to an old save, and left them outside in Whiterun, I found that I could enter Breezehome, create cells and place other markers OK, and the 'strongbox' options would work fine, allowing access to its menu, and the creation of other forms of marker without any problem.  Then, after bringing in a couple of the PAHE slaves, and adding them into HSH, they behaved OK too, sandboxed around 'general' cell markers / bedroom markers OK, and the 'content' of the 'strongbox was still fully accessible and useable, ie menu and marker placement

I think the problem may have been that the sheer volume of slave NPCs round about the cage and strongbox, and their very close proximity to the main cage and its cell, was just somehow overwhelming the basic mechanic

So there may well, not be a problem after all, but I'll leave this here for anyone else who might have the same sort of issues

Trust that's OK with you @musje  Just say if it's not and I'll delete this in due course

Could you merge the dialogues into a single branch in the next update?

e.g.

"(HSH) Greetings, slave..." ---> "Pose for me", "I'm going to tie you up", etc.

This mod alone is more than half my dialogue options right now.

Also, coud we get more gender-neutral dialogue options?

I like to enslave males as my guards/trainers, and I cringe when my burly heterosexual Nord turns to an equally burly Redguard and says "pose for me, pretty!" :confused:

(Although, I guess that's a change I can make myself. Just a little CK editing.)

On 7/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, sarahpeterson said:

Is there a version for SSE skyrim Special edition of PAH home sweet home?

Has anyone converted it and uploaded it anywhere?

ok, I'm tried to port PAH Home Sweet Home to Special Edition, for my personal use (and just for test).

I only converted meshes and animations and re-saved .esp to new format (I don't touched the scripts)... 

using Paradise Hall Enhanced officially ported to SE by CliftonJD, playing a little after a week, i have only an issue during Auction Quest.. simply I have no auction at all..

so I skypped the quest with setstage console command..

After that, I tried to put a medallion on caged slave, speaking with Pardo for auction... but again, nothing happens.. no auction.. the slave just disappear from cages at restless hunter inn, and this is all.. (waiting for midnight, nothing ever happens)

the other things seem to work for now, but I have not tested everything 

official conversion is planned? I love this mod?

bye!

S.

sorry, i'm really bad at the search function it would seem. how do you store the slaves? I'm trying to keep one in the restless hunter by telling them to wait in the cell and I certainly can't find a dialoged option for it. I am able to debug and spawn stored slaves there but not place ones I capture. A year or so ago I used the mod and I don't remember having any trouble so I must be missing something obvious  

Just used a different cell seems the first one along the right wall (looking down from the stairs) was bugged.