Wasteland Workshop trailer discussion

Compared to Dawnguard or Dragonborn, the amount of content and actual gameplay Automatron added was miniscule. Not to mention the continued trend of lousy writing and a lackluster plot. The only real descriptions are "cheap cash grabs." It's like Oblivion DLC all over again. I think the Chinese are right: the number four is unlucky.

Dawnguard and Dragonborn costs more than Automatron so that isn't a fair comparative.

If you compare Automatron to Anchorage or KOTN, then it is more fair and Automatron has added more content than those ones. Also, the writing in Automatron was pretty neat, especially the backstory of the Robobrains we fight in the DLC. Plus, the Mechanist was an amazing character, and the story in general with her was really nice. There was nothing wrong with the DLC. It offered everything as advertised, with a few extras to it and for a good price of what it is. Especially when ya compared the price to previous Bethesda DLCs which were the same price...

~Edit~

Also, I don't know how it is "lackluster" when everything is explained in the plot and there is a whole entire story there.

ok. Been playing around for the last 2 hours with WW (Good news about being Aussie. Released just 2 hours ago :P )

Ok,You can set up arenas for fights. Capture all creatures except queen mirelurks (i think. don't remember), raiders and gunners for fights. Traps I can tell only at the moment can only be built in a settlements. Take around a week to capture something. Can use the beta wave transmitter to make creatures non hostile so you can have a pet deathclaw. There's no way to make raiders and gunners friendly, so no slaves working the farms, As soon as you open there cage, they turn hostile to everyone.

Can make settlers fight each other. Can place arena start points for a red and blue team. Settlers do die when they fight and happiness lowers. Characters like Preston and Sturges probably cant die though didn't test that. If you got automatron you can also make robots and assign them to teams :D

New object are ok. Concrete walls are nice. Have some nice versions with doors, chain link fence windows, angle parts, round corners, different floor shapes.

Fusion generator are pretty beastly, provide 100 power.

The radiation remover spray thing is pretty good and easy to get. no perk needed to make.

Neon letters come in different colors and each letter individually.

And thats all i remember at the moment. might go back for some more playing.

Compared to Dawnguard or Dragonborn, the amount of content and actual gameplay Automatron added was miniscule. Not to mention the continued trend of lousy writing and a lackluster plot. The only real descriptions are "cheap cash grabs." It's like Oblivion DLC all over again. I think the Chinese are right: the number four is unlucky.

Dawnguard and Dragonborn costs more than Automatron so that isn't a fair comparative.

If you compare Automatron to Anchorage or KOTN, then it is more fair and Automatron has added more content than those ones. Also, the writing in Automatron was pretty neat, especially the backstory of the Robobrains we fight in the DLC. Plus, the Mechanist was an amazing character, and the story in general with her was really nice. There was nothing wrong with the DLC. It offered everything as advertised, with a few extras to it and for a good price of what it is. Especially when ya compared the price to previous Bethesda DLCs which were the same price...

~Edit~

Also, I don't know how it is "lackluster" when everything is explained in the plot and there is a whole entire story there.

We got a lot more from DG and DB each than we got from Automatron.

Apparently you don't know the definition of "lackluster." The whole story was dull. Boring.

Fusion generator are pretty beastly, provide 100 power.

Yipe, I hope the construction cost and requirements are pretty high for those things, I have a player made mod that adds fusion generators that provide 50 power and they cost quite a bit in both resources (various materials and 4 fusion cores) and perk requirements for them.

yeah science 4 you need.

Dont need fusion cores to make one. But need nuclear material

Darn, too bad there aren't any convenient places like Hubris Comics that have respawning glowing mobs on the top floor, so nuclear material will be a big problem  I guess.

Was able to play WWorkshop DLC yesterday April 11th. Only concern about it is that they were too lazy to make a proper animal/creature taming, and human capturing.

Basically to capture someone or something you just have to wait for a week or just travel and come back and hope the cages spawns something.

I do like making delayed timer gates in my arena tho, 1 second its blue vs red, after setting delay parameters with new pylons and terminal features, a deathclaw will release slaying both teams of gunners and raiders, then my settlers are happy.

Guest Mogie56

One thing that didn't make much sense is, are raiders and gunners dumb enough to just walk into a big metal box stumble over a trip wire and get caught. which would bring up just spawning inside it. I imagine there would be a lot of work involved animating the entire scene of capturing man or beast, they would have to walk inside grab whatever bait there was and trip the door. it may be as much a limitation to them as us in adding new animations not to mention entire scenes worth. so instead of animations you have spawn timers. which might explain the DLC's low cost. but that's just a guess.

As a content expansion, it was okay but didn't add as much as it could have. Which is exactly what a lot of us expected. But for those not into settlement management I'd say skip it unless you have the Season Pass. At least until modders unlock its full potential. The arena matches are pretty fun to watch, though. Especially when raiders and Gunners get ripped apart by a pissed off deathclaw or other beast. So far it's the best DLC. No writing for those hacks to screw up pushes it ahead of Automatron in my book.

As a content expansion, it was okay but didn't add as much as it could have. Which is exactly what a lot of us expected. But for those not into settlement management I'd say skip it unless you have the Season Pass. At least until modders unlock its full potential. The arena matches are pretty fun to watch, though. Especially when raiders and Gunners get ripped apart by a pissed off deathclaw or other beast. So far it's the best DLC. No writing for those hacks to screw up pushes it ahead of Automatron in my book.

I would expect more of it then, since the dlc file is named "DLCworkshop01" -Notice the numbering...

I would expect more of it then, since the dlc file is named "DLCworkshop01" -Notice the numbering...

Won't be the case, I beta tested Automatron it's been DLCRobot from the start still DLCRobot now, Will be the same for workshop.

Microtransactions. I guess BGS has finally gotten EA big.

You know, i remember when EA used to be cool. Back in the eighties :P

They had some really cool Commodore 64 games ^_^

Not to mention making people twitch buy the season pass by making the price higher. With a time limit being the default price if you buy early.

One thing that didn't make much sense is, are raiders and gunners dumb enough to just walk into a big metal box stumble over a trip wire and get caught. which would bring up just spawning inside it. I imagine there would be a lot of work involved animating the entire scene of capturing man or beast, they would have to walk inside grab whatever bait there was and trip the door. it may be as much a limitation to them as us in adding new animations not to mention entire scenes worth. so instead of animations you have spawn timers. which might explain the DLC's low cost. but that's just a guess.

Raiders are dumb enough for sure. I don't even consider Raiders as normal human beings myself.

Gunners though... I am surprised.

We got a lot more from DG and DB each than we got from Automatron.

Apparently you don't know the definition of "lackluster." The whole story was dull. Boring.

Again, DG and DB costed more... DB was 29.99 and DG was 19.99... Automatron was 9.99. Automatron was not made to be big like those. Have you looked into the DLCs for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3? It's best to get an idea how Bethesda priced their DLCs before saying something that kinda just sounds stupid (no offense).

The story wasn't dull to me.

Microtransactions. I guess BGS has finally gotten EA big.

You know, i remember when EA used to be cool. Back in the eighties :P

They had some really cool Commodore 64 games ^_^

Bethesda hasn't done any bad or stupid microtransactions for any of their games... So I have no idea what you're on about.

Bethesda hasn't done any bad or stupid microtransactions for any of their games... So I have no idea what you're on about.

Yes, clever of them to overprive them so much that no one calls them that :P

But without exaggerating, the two DLCs so far have been disappointing. If the rest are of the same caliber, i won't even bother buying the... Ultimate Edition (or whatever it'll be called now that they don't win GOTYs anymore :trollface:) from a -50% Steam sale :lol:

In before "Horse Armor".

That too was too expensive to qualify as "microtransaction". Instead that, and the other minor additions, were honestly called "Official Mods".

You just need the right bait; drugs and military hardware... or pussy ;)

Guest Mogie56

You just need the right bait; drugs and military hardware... or pussy ;)

I imagine the later will come soon after the CK is released, but hell that could work really well :)

Yeah, the thought of some naked chick chained up as bait does it for me.

I have to say, there are quite a few locations I've run across that have caused

a stirring in my loins imagining the kinds of sexual shenanigans that might take

place there; far more so than in Skyrim.

Archived