The Manipulator

21 hours ago, Crag said:

That is strange.  Have you tried assigning a key to the Racemenu function and running it that way?

Gave that a try today, but it's giving me the same results regardless of if it's opened from the MCM or using a hotkey. Either way Aroused breaks after closing the Racemenu interface. 

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What happens if you do a 'showracemenu' from the console?

Just checked that real quick, but didn't get the same problem. Opened it from the console, adjusted a couple of things on my character and closed out, and Aroused continued to work normally. No sign of the issues I was getting after using it on NPCs. 

15 hours ago, AVS said:

Just checked that real quick, but didn't get the same problem. Opened it from the console, adjusted a couple of things on my character and closed out, and Aroused continued to work normally. No sign of the issues I was getting after using it on NPCs. 

This is strange. I've been using this mod for ages... and never saw anything like this.  There must be some conflict someplace; mind posting your load order?

On 12/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, AVS said:

Just ran into an oddity. Hadn't tried out the 'Racemenu cosmetic' option before, but I had a couple of NPCs I wanted to change the body shapes of in my current playthrough so I gave it a shot. The function itself worked fine, but after editing the characters I repeatedly had SexLab Aroused (in the form of the currently active SLAX version) go completely non-responsive- MCM wouldn't load, a character's current arousal wouldn't display on-screen when tagging them with the 'N' key- and SexLab itself would fail to actually launch scenes when initiated. This wouldn't always happen the first time I used Manipulator on an NPC during a session, but always did on the second. Loading in from a save before the error occurred gets Aroused and the SexLab scenes running again, but the error has repeated every time I try to use the function.

Sounds like a new mod (SLAX) interferes with an old mod (Manipulator).  Time for someone to get ambitious and write a patch (not me!)

19 hours ago, Crag said:

This is strange. I've been using this mod for ages... and never saw anything like this.  There must be some conflict someplace; mind posting your load order?

I've had Manipulator in my game for a while as well, but previously only really used it for a couple of the hacks and to lay claim to non-respawning cells via the 'places' tab. This was the first time I tried using the Racemenu function. Some kind of interference with SLAX does seem like the most probable culprit, considering that it's the thing that's being most directly affected, but since it's mainly just a clean-up of the existing Aroused code it seems rather odd that it would pop up a conflict like this. I'm not sure what else I might have that could be getting in between the two, but here's my load order:

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
Falskaar.esm=1
AzarHair.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
BSAssets.esm=1
BSHeartland.esm=1
BS_DLC_patch.esp=1
RSkyrimChildren.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
Havok Breast Physic.esm=1
JSwords.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
paradise_halls.esm=1
Daggerfall.esp=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
ITortureFramework.esm=1
Heretical Resources.esm=1
Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
SOSRaceMenu.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
FNIS_PCEA2.esp=1
TalvasScriptSpammerFix.esp=1
vAutosaveManager.esp=1
AdvancedKillMoves.esp=1
Vivid Weathers.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Bruma.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp=1
Orc Female Bandits.esp=1
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp=1
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
FreckleMania.esp=1
SGEyebrows.esp=1
Maevan2EyeBrows.esp=1
12FemaleBrows.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
RaceMenuOverlays.esp=1
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - UNP.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
UIExtensions.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
Size Does Matter.esp=1
NIOVHH.esp=1
AddItemMenu2.esp=1
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
StormWrathLightning.esp=1
CL NettlebaneOrg.esp=1
BSHeartland - Meshes.esp=1
BSHeartland - Textures.esp=1
SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp=1
RSChildren.esp=1
RSChildren Patch - USLEEP.esp=1
RSChildren Patch - BS Bruma.esp=1
Craft, Temper, Smelt.esp=1
RichMerchantsSkyrim_x5.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp=1
Kuun's angels drop armor.esp=1
donorcollegejoin.esp=1
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp=1
PortalEyes.esp=1
Nuska Warpaint.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp=1
SOS Female Schlongifier (No Schlong Addon by Erundil).esp=1
SOS - TTT Dwemer Cyborg Addon.esp=1
SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon.esp=1
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp=1
SOS - ERF Horse Penis UUNP - Addon.esp=1
SOS - Bound Cock Addon.esp=1
SOS - ERF - HighPoly Addon.esp=1
SOS - ERF Horse Penis Redux Addon.esp=1
SOS - Grower - Extended.esp=1
VivisCockcage.esp=1
VivisHorsecages.esp=1
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp=1
DeviousToys.esp=1
zarias_restraints.esp=1
mcgDwarvenDeviousCuirass.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
SexLabMassMatchMaker.esp=1
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp=1
MoreBanditCamps(Explorer'sEdition).esp=1
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp=1
PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp=1
PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp=1
pahe-tdf-patch.esp=1
06slavepitsil.esp=1
BHTNF_Eli.esp=1
EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp=1
AKSkyrimUnderground.esp=1
Word Walls Relocated- Merged.esp=1
SpelunkinSkyrim.esp=1
SexLab-Stories.esp=1
SkyHavenTemple'sGlory1.3.esp=1
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp=1
NazhanzelDungeonMod.esp=1
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp=1
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=1
Paarthfix.esp=1
SexyBanditCaptives.esp=1
Clockwork.esp=1
SilianManor.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp=1
Immersive Encounters.esp=1
zNightMistressMansion.esp=1
HammetDungeons.esp=1
DRUcroft.esp=1
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp=1
SLAnimLoader.esp=1
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
SLALAnimObj.esp=1
AnubAnimObj.esp=1
SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp=1
EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp=1
HotChicks have HotSisters.esp=1
hfhometeleports.esp=1
dcc-dm2.esp=1
SexLab_Dialogues.esp=1
Dwemermatron.esp=1
Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp=1
FortCastellum_Eng.esp=1
Billyro's Weapons.esp=1
LADX.esp=1
HasteEnchantment.esp=1
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp=1
ForgottenCity.esp=1
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp=1
paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp=1
The Manipulator.esp=1
VelothiPalace.esp=1
Sneak Tools.esp=1
UniqueBows.esp=1
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp=1
sextoys-calyps-2.esp=1
MHufb001.esp=1
Somewhat historically accurate swords.esp=1
Unexpected Blades.esp=1
Rikushai_DwmCube.esp=1
DwemerCompass.esp=1
TheAmazingWorldOfBikiniArmor.esp=1
BikiniAscendVolume1.esp=1
Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-00.esp=1
Dwarven Cyborg Collection - Extras.esp=1
Dwarven -BAF- Kit.esp=1
0-Parted Armors.esp=1
MeshTestRedux.esp=1
Luxurious Seduction.esp=1
RippedBodySuit.esp=1
LeatherSandals.esp=1
MiniBikini.esp=1
PeroPeroArmorPack2.esp=1
TDNEquipableHorns.esp=1
LeftHandRings.esp=1
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp=1
RobesReplacerStandalone.esp=1
PeroPeroVanillaOutfitStandalone.esp=1
Semi-Open Guard Helmets.esp=1
OvAssassinArmorUUNP.esp=1
HearthFireBuildingForCheats.esp=1
The Bondage House.esp=1
Dwarven Augmentation.esp=1
sandboxcylinderheight.esp=1
SexLab Inflation Framework.esp=1
HighHrothgarWindowGlow.esp=1
DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp=1
SkyUI Rearranger.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
UUNP Vanilla Outfits.esp=1
CollectUniqueCorpses.esp=1
AHZmoreHUD.esp=1
PerksUI.esp=1
NibblesAnimObjects.esp=1
Pacifist Mini-Mods Collection.esp=1
MarkRecall.esp=1
Immersive Encounters - RS Children Patch.esp=1
Fjotra Follower.esp=1
Sweeping Weapon.esp=1
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp=1
SignatureEquipment.esp=1
VWA_VanillaWarpaintsAbsolution.esp=1
SexyBanditCaptives_KSHair.esp=1
FurSet by keung.esp=1
DrunkzealotsPracticalFantasyWeapons.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
GirlHeavyArmor.esp=1
FS_UltimateAssortment.esp=1
HolzHalloweenPack.esp=1
dizDwarvenDeviousCuirass.esp=1
fcteResurrection.esp=1
NPC Revamps.esp=1
Photon_Blast.esp=1
DopplegangerFollower.esp=1
Bikini Revival - Full Package.esp=1
Dwarven Modular Automaton.esp=1
Alternate Apparel.esp=1
BretonRaceDaz.esp=1
No_Vanilla.esp=1
Falchion.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
Daggerfall - Textures.esp=1
Daggerfall - Update.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
ccas_starts.esp=1
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp=1
Bruma - Alternate Start.esp=1
LALDaggerfall.esp=1
DynDOLOD.esp=1
CrystalSuncombo.esp=1
RealisticWoodenMannequins.esp=1
mannequin_collars.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
DwemerManorExotic.esp=1
KnightsRest.esp=1
Leah Lilith Jewelry.esp=1
FalmerSlaves.esp=1
[Melodic] HighCutHeaven Swimsuit.esp=1
CL's Rapier.esp=1

@AVS What do you use from Manipulator?  Many things in Manipulator can be done by learning the console and/or using other mods.  Manipulator just does such an awesome job of putting them all in one place.  But if your use is limited, remove Manipulator and handle the missing features (giving gold, giving items, giving powers, etc) via the console.

Guest ffabris
5 hours ago, Galishai said:

@AVS What do you use from Manipulator?  Many things in Manipulator can be done by learning the console and/or using other mods.  Manipulator just does such an awesome job of putting them all in one place.  But if your use is limited, remove Manipulator and handle the missing features (giving gold, giving items, giving powers, etc) via the console.

Well uhm, Harem and Storage can't be done via console... to name just a couple. ?

Yeah, the stuff that I do mostly use the mod for all works fine. It's just the function that lets you use Racemenu to make Bodymorph changes on NPCs that's giving me a weird result, and that's not one that I have had much reason to use anyway. Not being able to give one NPC birthing hips for shits and giggles is not a good reason to resort to laborious console commands to do all the other things I use the mod to do, and the console doesn't really help me on this one thing I'm having an issue with.

2 hours ago, AVS said:

Yeah, the stuff that I do mostly use the mod for all works fine. It's just the function that lets you use Racemenu to make Bodymorph changes on NPCs that's giving me a weird result, and that's not one that I have had much reason to use anyway. Not being able to give one NPC birthing hips for shits and giggles is not a good reason to resort to laborious console commands to do all the other things I use the mod to do, and the console doesn't really help me on this one thing I'm having an issue with.

Understood.  Racemenu for NPCs was already pretty limited as it was.  It definitely lead me to minor modding for NPCs that I needed some special love to.

28 minutes ago, Galishai said:

Understood.  Racemenu for NPCs was already pretty limited as it was.  It definitely lead me to minor modding for NPCs that I needed some special love to.

One huge thing for me Racemenu for NPC does is adding tattoos and other overlays. Everything from beauty marks to lipstick. You can also morph the NPC's body somewhat.. taller, muscular, etc, etc.

And assigning a key to Manipulator to popup Racemenu is a BIG convenience for me. So I get the need. I agree, SLAX seems the likely culprit. Easy to test though... switch it out with SLA and see.  I use SLA and have had no issues. Also I am on the LE of the game though.

15 hours ago, Crag said:

One huge thing for me Racemenu for NPC does is adding tattoos and other overlays. Everything from beauty marks to lipstick. You can also morph the NPC's body somewhat.. taller, muscular, etc, etc.

And assigning a key to Manipulator to popup Racemenu is a BIG convenience for me. So I get the need. I agree, SLAX seems the likely culprit. Easy to test though... switch it out with SLA and see.  I use SLA and have had no issues. Also I am on the LE of the game though.

Weird, I have never gotten the overlays to work for me in RaceMenu.  Always had to use something like Slavetats or similar to apply overlays.  any tricks there would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! I have recently installed manipulator 6.3 ( last updated 12/16/2016 ), everything loaded in mcm just fine except it isn't picking up on racemenu for npcs? it says I don't have a racemenu installed, but I have racemenu and it works just fine when I use showracemenu on my own character via console commands. It also doesn't give me an option to create a hotkey under settings for the npc racemenu.

I was wondering if there is a newer download for the manipulator that I had missed, or if it should be somewhere specific in my load order ( i use loot )? Or .. if I am doing something else wrong entirely. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, ashenwolfx said:

if there is a newer download for the manipulator

No.

5 minutes ago, ashenwolfx said:

if it should be somewhere specific in my load order ( i use loot )?

No.

6 minutes ago, ashenwolfx said:

if I am doing something else wrong entirely

Only you can answer that one.

6 minutes ago, ashenwolfx said:

Thank you!

You are welcome. ?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

No.

No.

Only you can answer that one.

You are welcome. ?

I'm not sure what I did to warrant such a rude response. But I'm not a modder, so I have no idea whether or not I'm doing something wrong. I'm simply asking if anyone knows why The Manipulator is saying Racemenu isn't installed, when it is and I have tried the above. If anyone could give me an actual answer, it would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, ashenwolfx said:

I'm not sure what I did to warrant such a rude response. But I'm not a modder, so I have no idea whether or not I'm doing something wrong. I'm simply asking if anyone knows why The Manipulator is saying Racemenu isn't installed, when it is and I have tried the above. If anyone could give me an actual answer, it would be appreciated.

What is rude about it?

The first two answers are factually correct and, as we have no idea of what you have done or not done, the third is pretty accurate too.

At what point does Manipulator say that RM is not installed?

Do the other features of Manipulator work?

Does RM work in-game without Manipulator? (Presumably that is a 'yes' if 'tried the above' refers to this)

Have you checked that you have all the necessary requirements for Manipulator?

40 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

What is rude about it?

The first two answers are factually correct and, as we have no idea of what you have done or not done, the third is pretty accurate too.

At what point does Manipulator say that RM is not installed?

Do the other features of Manipulator work?

Does RM work in-game without Manipulator? (Presumably that is a 'yes' if 'tried the above' refers to this)

Have you checked that you have all the necessary requirements for Manipulator?

As I had said in my original post, racemenu works fine when editing my character without manipulator, the manipulator shows up in mcm and the only feature in the manipulator not working is racemenu. And yes, I have downloaded all of the requirements.

I don't have a problem manipulating an npc's appearance. I have used it with unp, uunp and currently with cosiohd. The freckles, tanlines, stockings and any body morphs all done with Manipulator. I'm using  SexLab Aroused eXtended 29.0 SLAX  and don't seem to have any problems.

A lot (most) of the times I can't stand Loot rearranging load order. Lower the water instead of raising the bridge.

From description page, not to be rude.

If you have UIExtensions installed, then you will have a RaceMenu entry in the panel as well. This allows you to modify some aspects of the NPC, including body sliders (if your installed skeleton supports it). Tattoo support probably requires RaceMenu Overlays as well. This RaceMenu window can also be opened via hotkey (set in the Settings panel)

Maybe you don't UIExtensions, supported skeleton, or overlays installed.

The only problem I have is my own doing. Like forgetting to save data, doh, almost forgot. :)

Half of modding is trial and error and try again. :)

I had posted some pix for proof of concept, but remembered this is non adult.