The Manipulator

On 9/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sneaksmile said:

Isn't there another mod like this one and that does something similar on NPCs? 

One mod that does what you're having a problem with is Slavetats, available here on LL.  If some other mod is causing the NPCs to reset, that will also affect Slavetats, but then you'll at least have two data points.

There are changes you need to make to enable the facial tattoos for Slavetats due to Skyrim bugs related to beheading but a CTD resulting from those would be distinctly different from vanishing applied tats, so that should be easily identifiable.

Guest ffabris
13 hours ago, thesteve812 said:

Operator error, not mod error. This mod has never failed me. Freckles, tattoos and body adujustments I've applied to npc are still on them weeks later.

Thanks ffabris for the great working mod.

Thank you! ?

Hey @Sneaksmile I just had this issue. Overlays from Racemenu disappearing after leaving and reentering a zone or restarting. It's only happened once, but I have confirmed it. 

They only thing I installed the last two days were overlays. Which overlays are you using? Lets compare... might be something with one of those mods. Mine are: Barbarian Bodypaint (male), KJ Tattoos, all 3 Community Overlay, Weathered Nord Bodypaint, & 

Yyvengar Bodypaint     

The last two I installed are Yyvengar and Barbarian. They were installed yesterday. Got them?

I love this mod; once I got it I've been using it to properly customise my favorite NPCs in every playthrough! {for example, Lisette is supposed to be a songstress at an Inn, so why not look the part ? sure I cant change hair style, but I can modify the rest of her pretty well off!}

Even works on followers!! This now is a must have; *ads to her list of MISSION CRITICAL mods directly below NEO ORIENTAL DRESS SET*

@Sneaksmile I removed Yyvengar and Barbarian and all is fine.. BUT I do not think those mods were the culprit. I think I ran into a soft ceiling on the numbers of overlays you can install/use. Probably based on memory. I am running LE and I assume SSE's would have a much higher ceiling.  Frankly, everything is an overlay (makeup, moles, hair, tattoos, scars, etc, etc) so that makes sense. 

And the folks over at RM suggested that too much would cause issues.

So take a look at all your overlays - all of them. Maybe deactivate a couple and see what happens. In any case, my issue is solved. Hope this helps you.

12 hours ago, Tiruil said:

I love this mod; once I got it I've been using it to properly customise my favorite NPCs in every playthrough! {for example, Lisette is supposed to be a songstress at an Inn, so why not look the part ? sure I cant change hair style, but I can modify the rest of her pretty well off!}

Even works on followers!! This now is a must have; *ads to her list of MISSION CRITICAL mods directly below NEO ORIENTAL DRESS SET*

I use wigs to change hairstyle. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/98438

14 hours ago, Tiruil said:

If the NPC overhaul you have doesn't give her the hair you like, you could get either Apachii or (probably the better option) KS Hairs.  Open the NPC overhaul and the hair mod in the creation Kit and change the hair type for her.  Hit F4 to regenerate her facegen files and she will always be that way (can change her outfit too there if you want.

I have been thinking about going on a large scale hair change operation and one idea I had to speed up the hair part is noting down my preferred hair types for the different NPCs I have in mind by using racemenu in game to change my PC's hair to get a better look.  The CK is a little cumbersome and slow at changing/previewing/displaying/changing for NPCs.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, ffabris said:

Shoes on backward?  o,O  That must have been amusing! LOL!

As was noted, your issue hasn't been reported before. So yeah, maybe don't point fingers at Manipulator. 

Other mods that fully replicate what Manipulator does? Don't know of any, which is precisely why I wrote Manipulator - though some do parts of what Manipulator does.

Given Grey's comment, it would seem that you need to look at your own Sykrim config, rather than blaming this mod. Just a thought.

Maybe there is an incompatibility that you do not know.

If I am saying this here it is not to say that the Mod is garbage. I am only asking for help or logical reasons to understand what happens with the Mod. Because some things in the Mod work correctly (like cheats), but other parts don't.  

4 hours ago, Crag said:

@Sneaksmile I removed Yyvengar and Barbarian and all is fine.. BUT I do not think those mods were the culprit. I think I ran into a soft ceiling on the numbers of overlays you can install/use. Probably based on memory. I am running LE and I assume SSE's would have a much higher ceiling.  Frankly, everything is an overlay (makeup, moles, hair, tattoos, scars, etc, etc) so that makes sense. 

And the folks over at RM suggested that too much would cause issues.

So take a look at all your overlays - all of them. Maybe deactivate a couple and see what happens. In any case, my issue is solved. Hope this helps you.

Hmmm ... so ... if I have to remove all my tattoos, tan lines, freckles, and war paint ... for what do I want this Mod for then? 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, Grey Cloud said:

I'm not being funny but you are doing it again - blaming a mod when you should be looking at yourself.

I have used Manipulator since it was released and never had a problem with it. Admittedly I don't use that tattoo thing and in any case, I use EFF which has some sort of tattoo thing itself were I ever to feel the urge for tattoos.

You currently have about half a dozen threads on the go, all dealing with different problems that you have.

Mods are not perfect, Mods fail and that is normal, as it is also normal to find solutions. If the Mod did work correctly for me then I would not be here but it is failing. And I have to mention this Mod because even you guys can't find a collateral Mod to blame in my list of plugins. You guys said it yourself, that everything is correct in my list. 

Oh and most of those problems are already solved. But I can't reboot just for one Mod because that will bring new problems, not when my game is already stable and without CTDs.  

And I do not know why all you are angry, it is assumed that if a Mod has problems that should be said or not?? 

18 hours ago, Crag said:

Hey @Sneaksmile I just had this issue. Overlays from Racemenu disappearing after leaving and reentering a zone or restarting. It's only happened once, but I have confirmed it. 

They only thing I installed the last two days were overlays. Which overlays are you using? Lets compare... might be something with one of those mods. Mine are: Barbarian Bodypaint (male), KJ Tattoos, all 3 Community Overlay, Weathered Nord Bodypaint, & 

Yyvengar Bodypaint     

The last two I installed are Yyvengar and Barbarian. They were installed yesterday. Got them?

I have installed these tattoos. Are they the same you mention ''community''?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97966

14 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

I have installed these tattoos. Are they the same you mention ''community''?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97966

Yes, but I didn't remove them I only deactivated the last two overlay mods I downloaded: Yyvengar and Barbarian. I still have plenty of tattoo, makeup, hair, scars (etc, etc) in my load order. There is no need to remove everything. 

IF I am right about there being a soft ceiling in the game, then removing a couple of overlay mods might do the trick. 

9 minutes ago, Crag said:

Yes, but I didn't remove them I only deactivated the last two overlay mods I downloaded: Yyvengar and Barbarian. I still have plenty of tattoo, makeup, hair, scars (etc, etc) in my load order. There is no need to remove everything. 

IF I am right about there being a soft ceiling in the game, then removing a couple of overlay mods might do the trick. 

I just downloaded the main UUNP file. What should I do? Delete it? But i really like them  ?

I think I could remove Suicide Girl tattoos better, do you think that works?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Ctrl + F4 is it not?

Yup, I think my mind didn't communicate that to my fingers.

1 hour ago, Sneaksmile said:

I just downloaded the main UUNP file. What should I do? Delete it? But i really like them  ?

I think I could remove Suicide Girl tattoos better, do you think that works?

If Crag is right about a soft maximum number of overlays, it wouldn't as much matter which you removed but removing one that isn't the same one would give better data on the experiment.  If you both remove the same one, it could be that one with a flaw, but if you both have the same rough number and both remove a different one and both have your problem fixed, you know with more certainty that it was the number, not the mod, that created the problem.

7 hours ago, Crag said:

Oh now that is interesting - and makes tons of sense.

3 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

Maybe there is an incompatibility that you do not know.

If I am saying this here it is not to say that the Mod is garbage. I am only asking for help or logical reasons to understand what happens with the Mod. Because some things in the Mod work correctly (like cheats), but other parts don't.  

As was said previously, all my mod does is call RaceMenu. So if there is a bug, it will be in RaceMenu.

8 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

Mods are not perfect, Mods fail and that is normal, as it is also normal to find solutions. If the Mod did work correctly for me then I would not be here but it is failing. 

A mod that has been around for c. 4 years does not suddenly fail. You assuming it is the mod that is failing is not the same as it actually being the mod that is failing.

8 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

You guys said it yourself, that everything is correct in my list. 

Saying that nothing obviously wrong leaps out is not the same as saying everything is correct. There is no such thing as a 'correct' load order.

Look at karlpaws' analysis of how to trouble-shoot this potential overlay problem (post #1391). Compare that with you not wanting to remove a particular tat set because you 'like them'.

One of the best tools for Skyrim still using it many years later. My only wish is that it could have saved all those racemenu cosmetics for importing to different playthroughs/saves. Because it gets tedious editing specific NPC's with morphs and tats again after re-starting.

19 hours ago, Durante said:

One of the best tools for Skyrim still using it many years later. My only wish is that it could have saved all those racemenu cosmetics for importing to different playthroughs/saves. Because it gets tedious editing specific NPC's with morphs and tats again after re-starting.

It has been yonks since I wrote this and I don't remember the code ... but, I seem to remember that since Racemenu is where you apply tats, etc, there is no way for Manipulator to determine which ones were applied. But yes, that would have been nice. ?

On 9/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, ffabris said:

It has been yonks since I wrote this and I don't remember the code ... but, I seem to remember that since Racemenu is where you apply tats, etc, there is no way for Manipulator to determine which ones were applied. But yes, that would have been nice. ?

I would kill for some way to save Racemenu overlays on NPC's. Because it is a pain to redo them all every play through.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, Sneaksmile said:

Mods are not perfect, Mods fail and that is normal, as it is also normal to find solutions. If the Mod did work correctly for me then I would not be here but it is failing. And I have to mention this Mod because even you guys can't find a collateral Mod to blame in my list of plugins. You guys said it yourself, that everything is correct in my list. 

Oh and most of those problems are already solved. But I can't reboot just for one Mod because that will bring new problems, not when my game is already stable and without CTDs.  

And I do not know why all you are angry, it is assumed that if a Mod has problems that should be said or not?? 

It may have something to do with the fact that you came here seeking help and they were all trying to help you as best they could with what limited knowledge about your situation that they had and when they made a suggestion to you, your reply was a big (and I am somewhat paraphrasing here) "Nope, not gonna do that for a failing mod".  You came here for help to correct the "failing" aspect and then when you got a suggestion that could possibly provide a solution (which you came here to try to get in the first place) you declared that you refused to do so for a "failing mod" which at least to me, could easily be read as abrasive.  Then when this gets pointed out to you, you basically reply that you're just pointing out bugs with a failing mod, and shouldn't such things be reported?  Well gee, not if you won't help out with the process by taking the suggestions offered to you.   Its kind of circular and it didn't come across as very polite either.  Just as it may seem odd to you to remove the overlays that this mod helps you apply, its also odd for you to come here seeking help and then refuse the help, then on top of that, blame the very problem you're trying to get help with for that refusal.  This is just me guessing though.  I could be wrong. 

I get that you don't want to mess with the stability of your game, trust me.  But A) you DID come here seeking help and that WAS a logical suggestion and B) it could have at least been worded in a way that came across less as an abrasive indictment of the mod itself. 

Think about it.  Its been suggested that perhaps you have a mod conflict or something similar that isn't the fault of this mod, so maybe do a process of elimination to discover if that could actually be the case and you are pretty much "Nah, not gonna do that for a faulty mod".  Also, did you not consider the fact that you don't have to LEAVE those mods unticked if you don't want to?  Your stupendously amazing game stability doesn't have to be affected in the long term.  But at LEAST you might find out what the actual problem is.  If nothing else you could then put that information here for other users to benefit from and you would also know why it is ultimately fruitless for you to try to use mods like this with your mod configuration.  If this mod is affected by it, any other mods that do the same thing will be as well. 

22 minutes ago, Soulbringer1 said:

So if i am reading and Comprehending this correctly. This works Just like SLM in Fallout 4? I can Change the looks of NPCs in the Game ???? 

Not the faces, that cannot be done in Skyrim. You can change the body shape - breasts, hips, etc. The mod also does lots of other things unrelated to NPC looks.

5 hours ago, Soulbringer1 said:

So if i am reading and Comprehending this correctly. This works Just like SLM in Fallout 4? I can Change the looks of NPCs in the Game ???? 

What Grey said. It is all in the description. ?

On 9/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Not the faces, that cannot be done in Skyrim. You can change the body shape - breasts, hips, etc. The mod also does lots of other things unrelated to NPC looks.

Though, using Racemenu (similar to Looksmenu in FO4) you CAN add things to the face via overlays on the fly. How many overlays you have con be configured in the ini file.  Overlays include hair, makeup, scars, tattoos, etc. It all depends on  what overlays are added. There are tons on the Nexus (for both games). 

BUT the hair, the face structure, teeth, eyes, ears - they can not be changed in Racemenu. But almost everything else can be.