The Manipulator

Hi! I've run into an strange issue with manipulator lately. This mod has always worked as it should up until recent weeks. The problem is: When i load my save game, the manipulator keeps saying  "Manipulator initialized" in the top left corner of my screen and it doesen't go away. Earlier, the mod did this once, as any mod should, but lately it keeps repeating this forever. And in addition to this, I've noticed that I can't change the length of schlongs anymore or do anything related to this. The sliders are there, but nothing happens when changing the values. I've tried to reinstall the mod several times, and even used Resaver to try and remove anything related to the mod, and then install it again on that save, but the issue is still there. About the schlongs, I've read somewhere that XPMSE needs to not be overwritte by any mod for the racemenu function to work as it should. And I've also noticed that trying to change schlong on my own character doesen't work anymore with Racemenu. So either Racemenu nor Manipulator can change this anymore. 

Does anyone know to fix this? 

Thanks in advance!

Ok, Manipulator  doesn't change schlongs. Either Racemenu can, IF you  have XPMSE installed, or through the SOS MCM. You don't have to install XMPSE to get SOS to work. It has  it's own body. But really, XMPSE is so good and needed for so many other mods, why not install it?

Lets deal with XPMSE... it should be at the bottom of your load order. And when installed, it must overwrite any other body mod, that includes SOS. When you install XPMSE you get the option to install Racemenu SOS sliders. That is an additional mod. You can still use SOS without it with XPMSE- you'd just adjust sizes in the SOS MCM instead of Racvemenu.  The  confusing thing is, if you don't install the XPMSE's SOS Racemenu sliders, you will STILL see the sliders in Racemenu. They just won't work too well. 

Ok, your XPMSE issue first: Look at the SOS MCM. It will tell you if it's managing the players cock (you) or XPMSERacemenu. If the sliders  don't work in Racemenu check that first. Did you select SOS when you installed XPMSE? Can you change your chars cock size using the SOS MCM?

It's also possible mods aren't loading. Which mod manger are you using?

As for Manipulator, like I said, it doesn't change cock sizes. It just calls Racemenu. BUT Manipulator needs a mod to run (so does Sexlab AND SOS, by the way) called PapyrusUtl - make sure that its installed and running. I once ran ran into an issue where several mods stop loading - that was one of them.

You issue is not 
Manipulator but XPMSE/SUS and Racemenu. 

14 hours ago, bernt92 said:

When i load my save game, the manipulator keeps saying  "Manipulator initialized" in the top left corner of my screen and it doesen't go away. Earlier, the mod did this once, as any mod should, but lately it keeps repeating this forever.

All of what Crag said. 

Further, the above quote suggests something got corrupted, somewhere. Might want to try on a fresh game, see how it all behaves.

9 hours ago, Crag said:

Ok, Manipulator  doesn't change schlongs. Either Racemenu can, IF you  have XPMSE installed, or through the SOS MCM. You don't have to install XMPSE to get SOS to work. It has  it's own body. But really, XMPSE is so good and needed for so many other mods, why not install it?

Lets deal with XPMSE... it should be at the bottom of your load order. And when installed, it must overwrite any other body mod, that includes SOS. When you install XPMSE you get the option to install Racemenu SOS sliders. That is an additional mod. You can still use SOS without it with XPMSE- you'd just adjust sizes in the SOS MCM instead of Racvemenu.  The  confusing thing is, if you don't install the XPMSE's SOS Racemenu sliders, you will STILL see the sliders in Racemenu. They just won't work too well. 

Ok, your XPMSE issue first: Look at the SOS MCM. It will tell you if it's managing the players cock (you) or XPMSERacemenu. If the sliders  don't work in Racemenu check that first. Did you select SOS when you installed XPMSE? Can you change your chars cock size using the SOS MCM?

It's also possible mods aren't loading. Which mod manger are you using?

As for Manipulator, like I said, it doesn't change cock sizes. It just calls Racemenu. BUT Manipulator needs a mod to run (so does Sexlab AND SOS, by the way) called PapyrusUtl - make sure that its installed and running. I once ran ran into an issue where several mods stop loading - that was one of them.

You issue is not 
Manipulator but XPMSE/SUS and Racemenu. 

Thanks for the detailed answer! :) regarding which manager I'm using: I'm using Mod organizer 1, the old version since I couldn't get MO2 to work properly. 

In the SOS MCM, it says that the schlong is managed by Sosracemenu but in racemenu, the only slider I get is the "sos erection" one and even that doesen't change anything when adjusted. 

When I installed XPMSE, I chose support for SOS and XPMSE is overwriting other body mods. the sosracemenuplugin is activated in my load order as well. I also have Papyrusutil V33 installed and running (it also says so I manipulator MCM), but I noticed that the mod sexlab also has that one. Is it safe to use that or should I have Papyrusutil as a separate mod overwriting the sexlab one? 

The strange thing is, Racemenu, SOS and manipulator worked very well in the past up until a few weeks ago but suddenly everything is messed up. I don't know if it has something to do with mods I have installed or anything else. But suddenly everything stopped working out of the blue. 

11 hours ago, bernt92 said:

Thanks for the detailed answer! :) regarding which manager I'm using: I'm using Mod organizer 1, the old version since I couldn't get MO2 to work properly. 

In the SOS MCM, it says that the schlong is managed by Sosracemenu but in racemenu, the only slider I get is the "sos erection" one and even that doesen't change anything when adjusted. 

When I installed XPMSE, I chose support for SOS and XPMSE is overwriting other body mods. the sosracemenuplugin is activated in my load order as well. I also have Papyrusutil V33 installed and running (it also says so I manipulator MCM), but I noticed that the mod sexlab also has that one. Is it safe to use that or should I have Papyrusutil as a separate mod overwriting the sexlab one? 

The strange thing is, Racemenu, SOS and manipulator worked very well in the past up until a few weeks ago but suddenly everything is messed up. I don't know if it has something to do with mods I have installed or anything else. But suddenly everything stopped working out of the blue. 

What new mods did you install? 

It does sound like something got messed up. I *hate* to say this, but starting a fresh game might be the answer.

• 1 month later...

The manipulator has been a great addition to my load order. One thing I love, and also am having trouble with, is the strip dress hotkey. It helps with Zaz idles. When I have a few npcs following me with hands bound with cuffs, armbinders, or yokes, the idle sometimes goes away when entering a new cell. If I spam the dress undress hotkey on them the bondage device is instantly re equipped  and animations and idles are back on in under a second. Havent found a better solution anywhere. Trouble is, it works on my vanilla followers, but any paradise halls slave npc seems partly immune to the hotkey. Some slots are stripped when the key is pressed, but not all, and nothing ever re equips. Could there be a way to make manipulator pahe patch? I tried lowering the Manipultor in the load order below all the pahe mods, but that didnt do it. 

5 hours ago, aulton1968 said:

The manipulator has been a great addition to my load order. One thing I love, and also am having trouble with, is the strip dress hotkey. It helps with Zaz idles. When I have a few npcs following me with hands bound with cuffs, armbinders, or yokes, the idle sometimes goes away when entering a new cell. If I spam the dress undress hotkey on them the bondage device is instantly re equipped  and animations and idles are back on in under a second. Havent found a better solution anywhere. Trouble is, it works on my vanilla followers, but any paradise halls slave npc seems partly immune to the hotkey. Some slots are stripped when the key is pressed, but not all, and nothing ever re equips. Could there be a way to make manipulator pahe patch? I tried lowering the Manipultor in the load order below all the pahe mods, but that didnt do it. 

What the hell is Paradise Halls doing to it's NPCs? I've use the strip function on various custom NPC's and everyone at Better Beauties  with no troubles.

Guest ffabris

Dunno what Paradise Halls does, nor how. Tried asking in the PAHE thread?

Manipulator does different things based on whether you use brute force strip or not. I just downloaded the mod... here's the code:

Function StripActor(Actor theActor)
    If(! theActor.IsChild())
        if(pBruteForceStrip)
            theActor.SetOutfit(ManipulatorNakedOutfit)
            theActor.SetOutfit(ManipulatorNakedOutfit, true)
            theActor.QueueNiNodeUpdate()
        Else
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(30)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(31)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(32)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(33)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(34)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(37)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(38)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(39)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(41)
            theActor.UnequipItemSlot(42)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunction

ManipulatorNakedOutfit is basically an empty outfit.

SetOutfit() is called twice because the first call sets the default "awake" outfit, the second sets the sleep outfit.

That's it.

Crag - I have also posted this question there so perhaps someone will know an answer. Pahe will copy an npc, delete the original, changes the name of non unique npcs (bandit leader becomes a Karen) and the faction, then give you follower type commands and other dialogue options. It changes each npc a lot, but retains their original appearance, so its the best way if you want a play style where you dont leave beautiful deadly wenches behind as corpses. I imagine that because you get new inventory management options with the pahe mod it interferes with manipulator.

ffabris - i tried both brute strip and not. the option without brute force would be what I am looking for. I dont want the sleep or awake outfits on anyone. Just basically wanted a quick "reset inventory" key for npcs who forgot that they had their hands tied behind their backs a second ago. Only some item slots are getting unequiped for the pahe slave npcs but not all. 

Guest ffabris

OK, if you're not using brute force, Manipulator just unequips weapons and clothing. Other mods may then force things back on - and Skyrim default behavior might as well.

No idea how Pahe works, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a basic question that doesn't seem answered by the mod description.  In my game I always marry at least one person who can be my follower (I like fighting together ;).  This is a concern for this mod because based on the description:

• I can marry NPCs in the Harem.
  • If I add a follower to the Harem, they are dismissed as my follower.
  • If I dismiss an NPC from the Harem, I get a divorce.

So what happens if I want a Harem member who I am married to to be my follower again?

Guest ffabris
5 minutes ago, shebop said:

I have a basic question that doesn't seem answered by the mod description.  In my game I always marry someone who can be my follower (I like fighting together ;).  This is a concern for this mod because based on the description:

• I can marry NPCs in the Harem.
  • If I add a follower to the Harem, they are dismissed as my follower.
  • If I dismiss an NPC from the Harem, I get a divorce.

So what happens if I want a Harem member who I am married to to be my follower again?

You'll have to remove from harem, then re-add the NPC as a potential follower, the recruit again (People panel). As for marriage, you'll have to do that the vanilla way.

The point of the harem is to have one or more NPCs at home, for well, use your imagination. ? If you need marriage and follower, don't add to harem. a vanilla spouse will automatically anyway.

• 6 months later...

I have a small request if this isn't already in your mod.  Sometimes highly scripted followers (such as Anna's NPCs) have very stringent conditions on being a spouse and sometimes those conditions have odd side effects when using a multiple marriage addon and marrying another spouse.  Would it be possible for you to also add the ability to change someone who is not a harem member into a spouse? (so that I can correct it if it happens again?)

Here is another thing that might be interesting for this mod: In addition to the harem, potentially adding a group marriage arrangement.... functionally not much different I suppose but it implies a completely different set of expectations.  That might even be a whole mod itself.

Guest ffabris
9 hours ago, shebop said:

I have a small request if this isn't already in your mod.  Sometimes highly scripted followers (such as Anna's NPCs) have very stringent conditions on being a spouse and sometimes those conditions have odd side effects when using a multiple marriage addon and marrying another spouse.  Would it be possible for you to also add the ability to change someone who is not a harem member into a spouse? (so that I can correct it if it happens again?)

Here is another thing that might be interesting for this mod: In addition to the harem, potentially adding a group marriage arrangement.... functionally not much different I suppose but it implies a completely different set of expectations.  That might even be a whole mod itself.

Unfortunately, I haven't had Skyrim installed in a long time, so I can't do this, but anyone is welcome to fork the mod and do so. :-)

As for group marriage, I have a vague memory of something like that having been done already, but I might be wrong.

Hello. I have installed this home. I would like to set it as my harem location. But I am not sure how to do it and I couldn't find any instructions for it in the description. What I tried to do was place a marker on this new location on the map then set it as the harem in the MCM but I must have messed up somewhere because the feels like some other location is set as the harem and the members seem to be hanging around elsewhere unless I summon them to me through the MCM.

Sorry if the question is a bit stupid but I have only installed Skyrim two days ago and am still trying to understand the mechanics.

Guest ffabris
20 hours ago, c00lb3ans2 said:

Hello. I have installed this home. I would like to set it as my harem location. But I am not sure how to do it and I couldn't find any instructions for it in the description. What I tried to do was place a marker on this new location on the map then set it as the harem in the MCM but I must have messed up somewhere because the feels like some other location is set as the harem and the members seem to be hanging around elsewhere unless I summon them to me through the MCM.

Sorry if the question is a bit stupid but I have only installed Skyrim two days ago and am still trying to understand the mechanics.

Basically, you need to go to the home, and set the two markers there (home, sleep). Once that is done, any NPC you add to your harem will go to that location - either walking, or fast travel, depending on your Manipulator settings.

Luxury Suit should work as a home; I used it (long ago). However, the NPCs might not, if they're custom. Their packages may prevent it. I'd make sure you have Manipulator near the end of your load order; that may help.

So let me get this straigh,t if I want to set, say, Auriel follower to stay at Breezehome when I dismiss her, {she is found normally at college of winterhold} If I put her in the load order, above Manipulator in the load order, it would work ? {in my load order, this mod is listed as number 160, Auriel is listed at 175 if I were t oswitch these two around, would the settings from this mod work ?}

7 hours ago, ffabris said:

Basically, you need to go to the home, and set the two markers there (home, sleep). Once that is done, any NPC you add to your harem will go to that location - either walking, or fast travel, depending on your Manipulator settings.

Luxury Suit should work as a home; I used it (long ago). However, the NPCs might not, if they're custom. Their packages may prevent it. I'd make sure you have Manipulator near the end of your load order; that may help.

Buddy thanks very much for the help. Worked perfectly.

Guest ffabris
23 hours ago, Tiruil said:

So let me get this straigh,t if I want to set, say, Auriel follower to stay at Breezehome when I dismiss her, {she is found normally at college of winterhold} If I put her in the load order, above Manipulator in the load order, it would work ? {in my load order, this mod is listed as number 160, Auriel is listed at 175 if I were t oswitch these two around, would the settings from this mod work ?}

All I can say to that is, try! ?

16 hours ago, c00lb3ans2 said:

Buddy thanks very much for the help. Worked perfectly.

Awesome, so glad to hear it! ?

Have another question if that is okay.

I am trying to add an outfit to Manipulator's menu from this mod: Chain bikini and heels gloves stockings SSE CBBE Bodyslide

What I have tried is this:

Open the mod's .esp file in SSEEdit and find the hex number (I don't know if this is the form ID or not but it's the first hex number I saw) for some armor. For one top, I found it to be 0100341A.

Then in Manipulator's settings, I try to add the outfit. I set the mod name to 'newmillerChBikini.esp' and the Form ID to 0341A. Didn't work so I tried 100341A and that failed too. For name I had chosen something random like "Bikini 1".

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Edited by c00lb3ans2
Missed a digit
1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Try 0000341A ? Unless SE is different, the code usually has 8 characters.

Sorry but in my first comment I put the hex id wrong. It was 0100341A (missed a 0 in the beginning). I tried your approach but got the same error. It says something like "outfit unavailable. unable to add."

First, get a mod call "My Home is Your Home. Its on both LE and SSE. That mod allows you to set any NPC (relationship level friend or higher) to stay anywhere. Even under a bridge. I use this along with the harem function. 

OK BBLS already has a function to add NPC's. Why use the harem feature at all there? You don't really need it. Not to mention you get a house too, for your spouse and kids. 

Edited by Crag