The Manipulator

On 6/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, ffabris said:

Basically, you need to go to the home, and set the two markers there (home, sleep). Once that is done, any NPC you add to your harem will go to that location - either walking, or fast travel, depending on your Manipulator settings.

Luxury Suit should work as a home; I used it (long ago). However, the NPCs might not, if they're custom. Their packages may prevent it. I'd make sure you have Manipulator near the end of your load order; that may help.

I did this last night to try it out. Set breeze home as the home, and also for sleep. Auriel did indeed sandbox there as hoped.

THANK YOU!

*Once more places this mod on the MUST HAVE IN LOAD ORDER list*

Guest ffabris
11 hours ago, c00lb3ans2 said:

Sorry but in my first comment I put the hex id wrong. It was 0100341A (missed a 0 in the beginning). I tried your approach but got the same error. It says something like "outfit unavailable. unable to add."

Make sure you're using an outfit ID - armor IDs will not work. In Skyrim, only outfits can be worn, so to wear armor, you need to define an outfit that contains that armor part. The mod you want to use probably has has an outfit definition which includes the armor you want.

Edited by ffabris
added stuff
Guest ffabris
5 hours ago, Tiruil said:

I did this last night to try it out. Set breeze home as the home, and also for sleep. Auriel did indeed sandbox there as hoped.

THANK YOU!

*Once more places this mod on the MUST HAVE IN LOAD ORDER list*

Most welcome! ?

But see what Crag posted previously: BBLS already has something like a harem function already.

7 hours ago, ffabris said:

Make sure you're using an outfit ID - armor IDs will not work. In Skyrim, only outfits can be worn, so to wear armor, you need to define an outfit that contains that armor part. The mod you want to use probably has has an outfit definition which includes the armor you want.

Thanks man. I understand what you mean. In Skyrim.esp there are entries of the OTFT type but the mod I am using doesn't have them. I will try creating outfits for it manually else use a different mod. Thanks very much.

Guest ffabris
16 hours ago, c00lb3ans2 said:

Thanks man. I understand what you mean. In Skyrim.esp there are entries of the OTFT type but the mod I am using doesn't have them. I will try creating outfits for it manually else use a different mod. Thanks very much.

Sure, my pleasure ?

21 hours ago, Tiruil said:

I have never heard of BBLS ?

Sorry, not sure how that cropped up.

Guest ffabris
20 hours ago, Tiruil said:

I really like this mod, it is now on my MUST INSTALL list directly under LTD Katanas and Neo's Oriental Dress Set, and also Tropical Skyrim {yes I like that overhaul too much!}

This mod is locked in my load order for sure!

I'm really glad you like it, thank you!  ?

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, h4yw0rthy said:

Can this mod lower follower combat stats?

I find a lot of followers have too high stats which spoil the game, because they take all my kills.

A follower for me is a follower and not a bodyguard

No but you can use XEdit to dicky about with followers so they are what you want.

2015371581_Baseballpractice.thumb.jpg.be450d70e61a97af47b7950802790f6d.jpg

3 hours ago, h4yw0rthy said:

I did it by using AFT in the end.

I disabled magic, and since it's right at the beginning of the game, I dsabled auto level up on the character.

Working really well now!

But thanks...

I was going to say, most follower mods give you access to stats. I know EFF does. You could also edit then via xedit or the ck.

And funny, I find companions too weak. I almost always make sure they have perks and levels via the CK. But I am playing with some hardcore combat mods. An unmodded Farkas, for example, even under 40, would spend most of his time on his knee in my game. SO I changed his level so he now levels with my char and added skills.

• 6 months later...

Welp I ran into a ..... annoying.... issue, wherein Manipulator will work as intended to edit an NPC, HOWEVER, anything in the MCM list below it WILL NOT SHOW their MCM menus in any manner; also affected is anything past foot paint in showracemenu after manipulator is used.

Restarting the game fixes this; but its getting annoying

And I cant figure out what it conflicts with; fortunately it only lasts until I restart the game, then everything works as expected; Somehow though once I posted about it here, it never did that glitch in the game. {I like my characters to be a certain size compared to everything else. nasmely, taller and fuller in figure, so my companion gets the same treatment, and manipulator helps with that}

• 4 weeks later...

It might just be me but I just started playing again and bought myself AE (big mistake) and I found my game doesn't boot up with Manipulator on :( which sucks man cause I love how convenient your mod is for almost everything.(Sorry if this has already been brought up)

Edited by Dozerdog123
Guest ffabris
7 hours ago, Dozerdog123 said:

It might just be me but I just started playing again and bought myself AE (big mistake) and I found my game doesn't boot up with Manipulator on :( which sucks man cause I love how convenient your mod is for almost everything.(Sorry if this has already been brought up)

Sorry, no idea what AE is even

14 hours ago, ffabris said:

Sorry, no idea what AE is even

The upgraded version of Special Edition, called Anniversary Edition; its one of the reasons {breaking mods} that I am sticking with Legendary Edition

Edited by Tiruil
Guest ffabris
9 hours ago, Tiruil said:

The upgraded version of Special Edition, called Anniversary Edition; its one of the reasons {breaking mods} that I am sticking with Legendary Edition

Ahhhh ok. I hadn't heard of it. Just goes to show how out of touch I am now. ?

Yeah, special Edition Skyrim got a HUGE 10th anniversary update called Anniversary Edition last year; it broke a LOT of stuff; so for example you might need to upgrade/update Manipulator to fix the issues it causes of not starting the game or allowing the game to run

Personally I am sticking with Legendary Edition skyrim; I finally got it working how I want it to work too.

Guest ffabris
22 hours ago, Tiruil said:

Yeah, special Edition Skyrim got a HUGE 10th anniversary update called Anniversary Edition last year; it broke a LOT of stuff; so for example you might need to upgrade/update Manipulator to fix the issues it causes of not starting the game or allowing the game to run

Personally I am sticking with Legendary Edition skyrim; I finally got it working how I want it to work too.

Updating Manipulator will be a job for someone else. ?