The Manipulator

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

'Game breaking' is probably a bit OTT but I have Forsworn as friends so the Dibella Fjotra gig and Lisbet's statue gig don't really work as intended. There is also the problem of friends of your friends.

You do get some weirdness e.g. goblins with tribal names are hostile yet generic 'goblins'  - probably something to do with their friends or SIC.

Game breaking to me is more the morrowind style - can't continue stage. The required NPC being dead or just not where they should be and the scene never plays so the quest doesn't advance.  Factions being friendly when they shouldn't is just immersion. You can cast a pacify spell or Animal Allegiance shout and achieve the same thing.

15 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Some NPC have multiple faction strings to them not sure why that is but, I play friends with bandits but on an occasion I run across hostile bandits. Think it is more of a spawn thing aka random encounter that they will be hostile.

Yes it can highly recommend doing an NPC quest or one associated with them before you change them...... After their known quest change away :). For me race menu is the thing changing an NPC in game with the Manipulator is simple as pie as well as their disposition to you. Nazzem is always changed to a foe he is fun to torment lol.

Some NPCs have factions to create hostility to the player and guards, but not to captives for the companions and Dawnguard rescue quests. Sometimes mod added NPCs don't have the vanilla factions, so you can be friendly to everyone else but the added NPCs.

I forgot about the disposition feature, but I do use that from time to time as well.

10 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

As above.

I didn't realise RDO had a no naked comment thing.

Yeah. It was really meant to be an on/off thing but opposite.

4 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I'm not sure that the factions break the game at all, though you may have to murder someone instead of defending yourself.  I suspect the Harem feature is far more game breaking, as if you take Elisif or Ulfric or any other unique NPC that is involved major quest scene and move the elsewhere, bad things may occur.

@woodsman30 @Grey Cloud @Darkpig

Maybe we should continue the thread here?

Look at you guys following the rules. Good for you sticking to pack rules and all that. I got my pack right here ⬇️

Spoiler

pack-mentality-close-up-_classic-blue-jeA pack of beer in case you didn't get it.

Anyway. So I guess it means you just gotta be careful. I played around with a few disguise mods but it just doesn't fit. Bandits like any other group care about you being on their team than what you wear although I imagine the Whiterun Guards may think differently. It would be cool if bandits vampires and others had their own faction crimes and what not. Now I am starting to sound like one of those wishful mod threads.

Guest ffabris

Friend factions can break the game, in the sense that there are many places where you're meant to be attacked and defeat enemies. If you make them friends, you won't be attacked. This does not always hold true however, since some quests have the attack triggered via script rather than relying in the faction's attitude to the player.

From memory, I believe that a few quests will actually break if the factions involved are made friendly - but I may be mistaken.

42 minutes ago, ffabris said:

Friend factions can break the game, in the sense that there are many places where you're meant to be attacked and defeat enemies. If you make them friends, you won't be attacked. This does not always hold true however, since some quests have the attack triggered via script rather than relying in the faction's attitude to the player.

From memory, I believe that a few quests will actually break if the factions involved are made friendly - but I may be mistaken.

Thanks for clarifying. Thankfully I can remove factions or revert back to an older save when necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, Ghoulz said:

Can weight be adjusted?

14 hours ago, ffabris said:

Er, maybe, via RaceMenu. I can't remember... maybe someone else knows.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you mean the 0 - 100 slider then no, I don't think so. That can be easily done with TESVEdit though I don't think the changes appear until a new game.

I checked myself and the weight slider isn't present in the racemenu screen opened through Manipulator. You can adjust it via the console but there are sometimes neck seam issues when you do that.

You can change weight using the CK, and then export the files. That'll do it. But in game, no way to change weight (and since someone mentioned bubbleheads - you can change weights in FO4 ingame using looksmnenu - progress - hoping the next TES game you can change everything ingame).

Guest ffabris
59 minutes ago, Azzhat said:

I can't seem to get the harem function to work. After I check the add to harem, closing that section de-selects that option. 

Sorry, not sure what you mean with "deseelcts that option". Once an NPC is added, he/she can't be added again until he/she is dismissed.

3 minutes ago, ffabris said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean with "deseelcts that option". Once an NPC is added, he/she can't be added again until he/she is dismissed.

Under People setting, I click the box for Harem. It works. When I go to the Harem page, I don't have anyone listed. I go back to the People page, everything under the harem section is reverted back to being unchecked.

Guest ffabris

Ah I see. Hum, make sure the json file is being written correctly; perhaps you have that folder not writable. 

Sadly I don't recall that file is written.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:34 PM, Azzhat said:

Under People setting, I click the box for Harem. It works. When I go to the Harem page, I don't have anyone listed. I go back to the People page, everything under the harem section is reverted back to being unchecked.

making two assumptions: you have the home and sleep location set (as I don't think you can even TRY to add someone to a harem if not) and that you're trying to add a unique NPC and not a random spawned bandit, mage or some such, right?

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

making two assumptions: you have the home and sleep location set (as I don't think you can even TRY to add someone to a harem if not) and that you're trying to add a unique NPC and not a random spawned bandit, mage or some such, right?

Well I tried it with a Hroki follower mod and then went to try to use with the tavern wench in Falkreath. I forget her name. Neither one worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to define an outfit. and I'm getting a we bit frustrated.  I am trying to add the Milking Cuirase so poor lydia can be milked while I am dragging her through dungeon after dungeon.  However the item Definition is fighting with me.  I am taking the following steps.  1. Select and empty spot.  2. Name the outfit 'Milkmaid'  3.  Put in the mod name.  "MilkModNew.esp"  and put in the base Id as found in the console 005b10, 4. press save  I get the following error "Unable to load specified outfit. Not saved"  The example on the description page worked just fine, but this one refuses to cooperate.  Am I using the wrong ID or commiting some other egreagious sin?

1 hour ago, Arcticelf said:

I'm trying to define an outfit. and I'm getting a we bit frustrated.  I am trying to add the Milking Cuirase so poor lydia can be milked while I am dragging her through dungeon after dungeon.  However the item Definition is fighting with me.  I am taking the following steps.  1. Select and empty spot.  2. Name the outfit 'Milkmaid'  3.  Put in the mod name.  "MilkModNew.esp"  and put in the base Id as found in the console 005b10, 4. press save  I get the following error "Unable to load specified outfit. Not saved"  The example on the description page worked just fine, but this one refuses to cooperate.  Am I using the wrong ID or commiting some other egreagious sin?

I always edited the json with a text editor, but I'd suspect you have the wrong ID, or it isn't reading the ESP correctly for some reason. At least you don't have spaces or special characters in the ESP name.

Guest ffabris

I'd guess the same things. Going from distant memory, Manipulator does a pretty simple call to the engine to load the outfit, so that does suggest wrong ID or wrong ESP name or something along those lines.

Guest ffabris
22 hours ago, Dohvakin said:

I'm facing problem with assigning outfits from other mods to my harem members. I type in the correct esp name and the correct form id and yet it gives an error. Some convenient work around?

What error?

Guest ffabris

OK, that could be many things. Check the obvious: mod name spelling, form ID (which needs the two leading digits removed). Make sure the ID is actually for an outfit rather than something else.

Conflicts are a possibility, I guess. Also reading back in this thread for similar issues, maybe.

45 minutes ago, ffabris said:

OK, that could be many things. Check the obvious: mod name spelling, form ID (which needs the two leading digits removed). Make sure the ID is actually for an outfit rather than something else.

Conflicts are a possibility, I guess. Also reading back in this thread for similar issues, maybe.

By leading 2 digits you mean like the form id for money is 0000000f, so one would need to remove the first 2 zeros right?